Notifications
Clear all

Religion and Spirituality: Beliefs and Practices that Shape and Often Transform Our Personal, National and Political World

(@michele-b)
Illustrious Member Registered
Topic starter  

Part 1:

While we don't often specifically mention religion on this site, it is often very common to use the general terms spiritual or spirituality in reference to our personal beliefs, general codes of ethics, generally accepted codes of morality or ethics as we discuss national or world topics in the news, in our concerns or in our dreams, intuitive visions or our personal transformative experiences.

As we read, practice, learn and grow through our belief systems throughout our lives, our own beliefs are often most personal and deeply important to each of us. And as a general standard we seek not to judge others here for their personal practices or belief systems but share religious or personally spiritual feelings, beliefs or experiences as they pertain to each of us and our daily lives as we share our lives and our dreams whether personal or in intuitive predictions 

But throughout time, religious institutions, practices and beliefs have not only influenced our individual selves but the countries we live in, their governance and therefore most often the ruling and dominant nature of politics especially when influenced by our personal belief systems.

This thread was started as we needed a place where we might not only discuss such topics but specifically the important transformative changes we are seeing and will continue to see over the many upcoming changes as mankind seeks to adjust to them and his/her/their belief systems.

Our intuitive dreams, visions and predictions can also be posted here as they relate to those understandings.

Post with thoughtfulness and mindfullness and acceptance of all as we seek to understand how and why we all come to make our personal, moral, ethical or personal decisions regarding our place in the world and the roots of belief that resonate with each of us. 

This Topical Thread: 

Religion and Spirituality:  Beliefs and Practices that Shape and Often Transform Our Personal, National, and Political World (And How Our Understandings and Predictions and Even Our Thoughts, Might Also Transform it Through Understanding and Acceptance)

Yes, I am being brave to create such a topic but it was previously brought up by a poster as in "I don't want to offend anyone here " So let's not offend of course but seek to share who and why we are here in evolving ways of promoting or discussing visions or newslink that affirm one another at where we are but also applaud us as we all seek to expand and grow around the world.

@Jeanne-mayell

This might better fit under the Great Turning. But I started it here due to topic of International Predictions 

(And my reading of the newslink on Pope Francis yesterday)

Jeanne Mayell, Luminous, Isabelle and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)
Topic starter  

Part 2: (since my edit window closed as did any chance of rethinking its place and therefore topic location on the forum.)

What is the different between religion and spirituality and can they be intertwined and unified through our own transformative understandings?

"A religion can be defined as an institution with a set of organized beliefs and practices shared by a community or group. The social network of a religion can provide structure and peer support in following prescribed codes of conduct for daily living.

For the most part a religion is a public entity and the general premise of the religion’s doctrine including creed, code and ethics is documented, tangible and openly shared.

Spirituality on the other hand is a personal and uniquely individualized discovery and set of beliefs and practices that evolves over time. Through study, experience and self-reflection beliefs and practices evolve that support an individual in their unique connection to something outside of themselves.

Neither practice whether group based but still deeply personal nor individually and personally based, yet often within or around others with like-minded beliefs is necessarily exclusive of the other.

https://www.beliefnet.com/wellness/personal-growth/7-differences-between-spirituality-and-religion.aspx

Luminous, Isabelle, Timo and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)
Topic starter  

Yesterday's news:

How one man might transform the world as we know it through even the mention of such a topic:

Pope Francis endorses same-sex civil unions for the first time as pontiff - CBS News

"Pope Francis endorsed same-sex civil unions for the first time as pontiff while being interviewed for the feature-length documentary "Francesco," which premiered Wednesday at the Rome Film Festival. The papal thumbs-up came midway through the film that delves into issues Francis cares about most, including the environment, poverty, migration, racial and income inequality and the people most affected by discrimination.

"Homosexual people have the right to be in a family. They are children of God," Francis said in one of his sit-down interviews for the film. "You can't kick someone out of a family, nor make their life miserable for this. What we have to have is a civil union law; that way they are legally covered."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/pope-francis-endorses-same-sex-civil-unions/

And will he make a disclaimer or alter its wording and therfore significance today,  tomorrow, or in the future?

Maggieci, Luminous, Isabelle and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)
Topic starter  

And while replying to Isabel on The Great Turning forum, i replied with my own:

"@isabelle

It truly is!

I posted about this earlier on a new topical thread.  (On International Forum under "Religion and Spirituality". 

Raises a lot to not only think about but perhaps find predictions on this very topic that might have been previously seen.

Which now hits me like a wake up call!  Earlier this week or over last weekend i dreamed i saw a chimney with white smoke coming out. This usually signifies the selection of a new pope. Now i realize if this holds , we really and truly are seeing a new pope and perhaps a more inclusive church view of others!"

Ah. Shows you how dreams can work through our subconscious and even when they come to pass we hardly note the significance without a jolt from the blew. Smoke and mirrors abound ???

This new forum thread under International Predictions:

https://www.jeannemayell.com/community/international-predictions/religion-and-spirituality-beliefs-and-practices-that-shape-and-often-transform-our-personal-national-and-cultural-worlds-and-how-they-might-also-transform-it-through-understanding-and-acceptance/#post-37805

BlueBelle, Luminous, Isabelle and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@liln22)
Prominent Member Registered

@michele-b I agree with alot of what you said. To me, your spirituality and faith are an intrinsic part of you that guides and shapes your life and your actions. Whereas religion in a general sense is the guidelines created by someone else of what you should do or should believe under that framework. I have a fairly varied experience with different denominations, politics and so on. I've been on my own journey as well as going along with a grandparent on one that ranged from orthodox to faith healers. I think a lot of times people blur the line between what their true faith is versus what their religious guidelines say. To me, the hardest thing is when someone uses religion to justify something harmful to another regardless of whether it is physical or mental. I don't believe that your spirituality or faith changes the moment you walk in or out of a church or religious building.  So much harm can come from abuse or twisting of religious guidelines. So many look to religious leaders as guides and support and often that is what they do or deliver. However, they are still people and some have faults. I guess I'm coming from a place of someone who has in many instances been let down by religious institutions from my own experiences and seeing someone I love be hurt deeply as well. I do have a deep faith and sense of spirituality but just been let down by people under the religious guidelines.

Luminous, Timo, CC21 and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)
Topic starter  

@liln22

Beautifully Beautifully expressed. Your words went straight to my heart.

I felt such truth in this and it strikes exactly the cord of truth and even pain that many feel but often lack the words to express.

Truth lives in your being. I can feel the deepness of you and the bravery of wanting to release and to heal and to mend as well as to merge.

These energies are one way--perhaps one of the best ways-- we have as we open to others and feel the parts of one another we have in common.

What a lovely energy you carry and how happy i feel that kinship within.

Thank you, Isabelle.

Luminous, Isabelle, CC21 and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)
Topic starter  

Good morning to those who rise before 3 a.m. as I do. Fall has suddenly hit hard plunging us here in Oregon from pleasant nights where I walked out to see the moon and the stars (on clear nights) to a bitter chill the moment anyone opened the door.

My husband built our first autumnal evening to morning fire. And in the morning peace i searched for a way to greet and announce my intention for a new day. 

I found this " A Prayer for the Sacred World" and it felt good and right and lovely for right now.

Take a moment to be with Earth Wisdom Keeper Tat Erick Gonzalez as he offers a powerful prayer and blessing for this sacred time. 

A Prayer for the Sacred World:

https://uplift.tv/2020/a-prayer-for-the-sacred-world/

Ask yourself is this faith of such a dear being coming ftom a religion or a form of spirituality?  What would Wisdom Keeper Tat Erick Gonzalez say to that question?

But then when I clicked on my own link a 2nd time it led me to this below  instead. 

And it was good and apparently what my spirit (the deepest and best part of me that I believe is of God/goodness/the Divine ) wanted and needed me to hear. 

So i left its correct link below not the strange way my link above "mis-linked me to it first.  And it was good. It was all good because they fed me and nourished me and enriched my morning. 

https://uplift.tv/2019/creating-a-new-world/

Now i just need to find a song that feeds my soul and my day will have begun well with wisdom, love, and peace and that is what my heart needs now in this sacred time.

Luminous, lowtide, Timo and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @michele-b

Yesterday's news:

How one man might transform the world as we know it through even the mention of such a topic:

Pope Francis endorses same-sex civil unions for the first time as pontiff - CBS News

"Pope Francis endorsed same-sex civil unions for the first time as pontiff while being interviewed for the feature-length documentary "Francesco," which premiered Wednesday at the Rome Film Festival. The papal thumbs-up came midway through the film that delves into issues Francis cares about most, including the environment, poverty, migration, racial and income inequality and the people most affected by discrimination.

"Homosexual people have the right to be in a family. They are children of God," Francis said in one of his sit-down interviews for the film. "You can't kick someone out of a family, nor make their life miserable for this. What we have to have is a civil union law; that way they are legally covered."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/pope-francis-endorses-same-sex-civil-unions/

And will he make a disclaimer or alter its wording and therfore significance today,  tomorrow, or in the future?

Divided reactions in US as pope backs same-sex civil unions

"“These words from the pope will inflame many on the Catholic right ... but they will be a balm to the vast majority of Catholics and, I daresay, pastors,” said David Gibson, director of Fordham University’s Center on Religion and Culture. “They don’t want to engage in these ugly culture war battles, especially because gay Catholics are not abstractions — they are in their homes, part of their families, and part of their parishes.”

https://apnews.com/article/relationships-rhode-island-civil-unions-providence-pope-francis-a2326069ab177719eba12a41d8019046

Luminous, lowtide, FEBbby23 and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Timo
(@timo)
Noble Member Registered

Ugh! It feels so disappointing! That here we all are once again, at the edge of a cliff, a chasm between us. A 50/50 split? Almost, but not quite. Your work has helped! The balance has tipped, with what feels ever so slightly. But that sliver is enough! It’s enough to keep the ball rolling in the right direction. It will slowly pick up speed. Don’t fear, don’t lose hope! You are all amazing! Fear has led So many to this edge although they don’t see it. They are blind to it. It is their blindness of fear that leads them right off the cliff. It is gut wrenching to watch. All of you. You who are here reading this, This group is here to calm the masses, To keep them from falling. To open their eyes. To help lead many in a myriad of ways. Some Of you with your knowledge, others through kindness, some with blunt truth, others with humor, Insight, Wisdom, Strength, Encouragement. Some work tirelessly. Some work smartly. Bravo! This  group is so Beautiful! We all do what we are able and yes it has helped. I have always wanted fire works and lightening bolts! I have always expected it and have always had disappointment! Thankfully the disillusionment passes! We will trudge along even though we want so much more. Yes, the nightmare of high school pettiness, judgement cruelty, and clickiness follows our society in a depressing and shallow manner. But, the heroes still rise and you all are my heroes! Bravo! 

lowtide, ghandigirl, MMA and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)
Topic starter  

@timo

What a lovely and deeply meaningful post. I read between and within your words past, present, and future and stand with you in the chasm of sadness and grief of all that should have been long ago but wasn't. 

We are still fighting the good fight even on different battlefields that many know nothing about or could even imagine. 

I am with you my friend.

"We will trudge along even though we want so much more. Yes, the nightmare of high school pettiness, judgement cruelty, and clickiness follows our society in a depressing and shallow manner. But, the heroes still rise and you all are my heroes! Bravo!"

Our fears make us desperate to belong to a tribe, sitting always by the bright fire trying to keep out the dark but our knowledge of truth and power give us the deeper strength to walk out and away, alone when others cannot to battle mankind's demons when we know we have it in us to stand strong no matter what.

We are still doing our magic, you and I, still making a difference others may never know, see, or be. 

So kudos right back at you, friend.

lowtide, Vesta, Timo and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Timo
(@timo)
Noble Member Registered

@michele-b your sentiments are deeply kind and perceptive! I feel your strength and beauty with every word! From one heart warrior to another, I humbly bow to your insightful awareness. We are in a time of great sadness, And a time of great awakening. Much grounding is needed! Your beautiful spirit and the love you so readily share is like an anchor for many ships in a stormy sea. We are all Sophia’s messengers bringing forth that sparkle of essence that lights the light, that lights the light, that lights the light. I want to thank you for this topic. It is my favorite! 

CC21, FEBbby23, Vesta and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)
Topic starter  

@timo

Deep blessings and humble gratitude. Your post of recognition of shared energies and gifts was deeply moving.

During challenging times even the strongest need responsive recognition. May you always feel that as well as share it so beautifully.

@michele-b your sentiments are deeply kind and perceptive! I feel your strength and beauty with every word! From one heart warrior to another, I humbly bow to your insightful awareness. We are in a time of great sadness, And a time of great awakening. Much grounding is needed! Your beautiful spirit and the love you so readily share is like an anchor for many ships in a stormy sea. We are all Sophia’s messengers bringing forth that sparkle of essence that lights the light, that lights the light, that lights the light. I want to thank you for this topic. It is my favorite! 

CC21, FEBbby23, Timo and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator

I just discovered this thread.  It is lovely @Michelle-b .  Thank you!

I am enjoying reading your posts and the responses.

BlueBelle, CC21, FEBbby23 and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)
Topic starter  

Blending the thread on national politics and spirituality with my own thread here on International events/politics or perhaps more widely--cultural or societal beliefs and personal experiences as influences on our politics.

Religion and spiritually are deep seated and experienced belief systems that form a cultural referencing point for looking and explaining our world and our place in it. Why are we here? What are we meant to be and do? And even why do others (i.e. those we perceive as not only "not us" but more often "not like us" and other cultural and organizing belief systems might be seen as fitting in here--such as politics.

iThis not truly a part of their religion or belief stem (nless say a deeply Bible or Koran based religious system were to take and use very specific passages --say an eye for an eye and whatever creates the foundation for Muslims who act out in revenge violence) thought and practice.

People who interweave politics into other aspects of their belief systems are just acting and reacting (much like the computer search algorithms previously brought up on this thread) from their human side not their original or true nature of God/goddess/Divine/good side.

We all mix and match our belief systems to express and even to release for many people their emotions as well as their beliefs.

A truly atheistic or truly practicing agnostic or full practicing any other belief based system to live by would not have such a need except in a fully anthropological way as in ordering the rules of the campsite so everyone sitting around the fire got fair based amounts of time to warm themsemselves or lets say cook their game meat after "accidentally" discovering that raw game meat made them ill and cooked did not.

If we perecive things as coming from spiritually guided principles in any sense of the word spiritual we always must ask ourselves"is this in the highest sense of doing good for the good of all" or is this justcme expressing as me with all of my own personal wants and needs having nothing whatsoever about caring for all others?  In other words does the "divine godhead" take sides?

Or is this just let's say a very human algorithm going to the most obvious, most common search page of our most frequently acted upon results from another part of the system?
And we all need to look perhaps at our own "gut feelings " our "dreams" and our "vsions" as well as our "intuitions" with a similar lens.

Blended with this from @luminous

Thank you all in both threads for such interesting discussions! ?

"What is the deal with spirituality mixing with QAnon and right-wing Politics?  U.S. 2020 November Election– Presidential & Congressional – Welcome to Our Forum!

https://www.jeannemayell.com/community/u-s-presidential-candidates-for-2020/what-is-the-deal-with-spirituality-mixing-with-qanon-and-right-wing-politics/

Vesta, FEBbby23, CC21 and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lowtide)

@michele-b

Thank you for those links. They are both so life-affirming and empowering. I needed them this morning. ?

This thread resonates truly and deeply with me. Thank you for starting it.

CC21, FEBbby23, Michele and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)
Topic starter  

@lowtide

Oh thank you so much! It came to me as a topic and the words flowed even tippy tapping on a cell phone. But i worried about negative receptions by those who seek psychic but are not interested in anything spiritual much less religious.

Spirit guidance has pushed me more and more to avoid those things separating mankind and one another and to only follow my focus on holding space for others in the light but as throughput time, control and power and ego which leads us to politics as well as our base aspects of fighting for a place at the tribal fire are stronger now than frankly during the election.

We must each tread wisely but seek always to live the best and highest part of ourselves in the light.

The low tide reveals so much of the oceans depths and actions but the high tide is so equally lovely and powerful.

Let the sun as well as the moon guide our wisdom and our understandings.?

@michele-b

Thank you for those links. They are both so life-affirming and empowering. I needed them this morning. 

This thread resonates truly and deeply with me. Thank you for starting it.

Vesta, CC21, lowtide and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 CC21
(@cc21)
Illustrious Member Moderator

Posted by: @michele-b

And we all need to look perhaps at our own "gut feelings " our "dreams" and our "vsions" as well as our "intuitions" with a similar lens.

@michele-b and @lowtide

Yes, this thread resonates deeply with me, too. Thank you both so much for your posts and thoughts on this. It makes so much sense and meshes with my recent thoughts that we are all so much a product of our culture and that can influence us so deeply (in good and not-so-good ways.) It is so important, as Michele said, to view our own feelings and intuitions (as well as those of others we encounter) with the lens as she described.

I am catching up on this thread and the QAnon stuff -- I also have some friends and acquaintances  who also share thoughts/info on being spiritually awakened right now, but they are full-on down the QAnon rabbit hole of conspiracy theories. It is really disturbing to see, especially in comparison to the forum here. Michele's and others posts above really help to clarify the differences and how we can view things to understand and keep our own compass clear.

Not sure if any of that made sense (struggling to phrase it the right way), but suffice it to say - thank you! You are saying what I could not put words to and it is important.

BlueBelle, lowtide, Vesta and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)
Topic starter  

@cc21

Yes yes yes! You expressed your thoughts and feelings beautifully!

Gratitude and blessings to you dear cc21.

???

@michele-b and @lowtide

Yes, this thread resonates deeply with me, too. Thank you both so much for your posts and thoughts on this. It makes so much sense and meshes with my recent thoughts that we are all so much a product of our culture and that can influence us so deeply (in good and not-so-good ways.) It is so important, as Michele said, to view our own feelings and intuitions (as well as those of others we encounter) with the lens as she described.

I am catching up on this thread and the QAnon stuff -- I also have some friends and acquaintances  who also share thoughts/info on being spiritually awakened right now, but they are full-on down the QAnon rabbit hole of conspiracy theories. It is really disturbing to see, especially in comparison to the forum here. Michele's and others posts above really help to clarify the differences and how we can view things to understand and keep our own compass clear.

Not sure if any of that made sense (struggling to phrase it the right way), but suffice it to say - thank you! You are saying what I could not put words to and it is important.

lowtide, Vesta, CC21 and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@luminous)

I am really glad you made this thread because this resonates with me in many ways.

My own persona journey through spirituality actually began more with religion - despite my Great Grandfather appearing in my dreams before my religious exploration.

At a very low point in my life 3 years ago with my illness, I woke up to the face of Jesus appearing in my mind so strongly that I actually thought I was hallucinating. During that morning it lasted several hours. The image wouldn't go. I saw Jesus looking at me a little sad with his arms open. No words said, but I could feel and sense that he was asking why I haven't come to him. I wasn't religious at all at the time, but felt I needed to explore and understand what I had experienced. So I decided to explore Christianity and started reading the bible, reading articles, attending online Church etc. 

Several months later, I had a dream where a statue of an angel stood before me, with its arms opened wide also. I woke up from that dream feeling very confused. I felt the need to look at prayers to guardian angels under Christianity, but for many denominations, most were prohibited because of rigid beliefs about only praying to God and Jesus. This didn't seem right to me, and then I discovered Catholicism, which did believe in prayers to angels saints, and this opened my eyes to Christian spirituality and mysticism. Through this, I discovered a vast wealth of material about miracles and apparitions which touched me deeply, namely: Fatima and Lourdes.

For a while, I was pretty sure I was going to become a Catholic. I didn't agree with everything they believed, but the spiritual practices of that faith was more what I was looking for. So I purchased a rosary and I began praying the rosary weekly, and in my daily prayers I prayed for the help of the Archangels and Mary for my struggles and tribulations. I also became somewhat involved in a Catholic prayer group, which was also comforting.

Continued below

CC21, Jess, CC21 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@luminous)

Continued

After a year into exploring Catholicism, I began to realise, that increasingly, it wasn't enough for me in helping me to find the spiritual flexibility and answers I wanted for my own life - particularly in understanding my spiritual experiences of my Great grandfather appearing in my dreams years earlier, the lights flickering around me at home, objects moving, images I was frequently seeing in my head, what was said to my mother about my life during a clairvoyant reading she had years ago - far too many questions that I could not find sufficient answers to in Catholicism alone. So I decided to explore Spirtualism.

As part of my introduction to spirtulism, I decided to read several books such as: Spiritual Diary by Emanuel Swedenborg, Nosso Lar, The Secret, The Hermetica, The Gnostic Gospels, The Four Agreements, material from Edgar Cayce, Neale Donald Walsch etc. I also began practicing some light meditations, tarot, as well daily readings with Angel and Energy Oracle cards by Doreeen Virtue and Sandra Anne Taylor. This really opened up a lot more for me with the angels, and this together with dreams, lights flickering, objects moving, images in my mind, I have learned a lot more. But there is still much for me to explore and learn.

Right now, I am still learning and exploring energy chakras and energy crystals. My mother also became a reiki master a year ago (she felt a calling to change profession) and she has also helped me in many ways with my spiritual growth and spiritual healing and much more.

Continued below

CC21, Jess, Coyote and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: