Notifications
Clear all

Looking for light during the Russian Invasion of Ukraine.

(@journeywithme2)
Illustrious Member Registered

@lovendures I got chill bumps ( aka lookie bumps) all over when I read this!!!!  Truly " Joy cometh in the morning"

Between a personal familial situation that has been ongoing and dragging out for 18 years finally moving in to final stages of closure and living in the midst of TFG dumpster fires fed by greedy, fearful racists and hellfire evangelists and topped off by the Pandemic and its horror and divisions here in this battleground state it has been very,very difficult to maintain a positive and hopeful state of mind/existence.

The spirit, courage and perseverance of the Ukrainian peoples are a true inspiration and Light and I love how the world is responding against the status quo.

BlueBelle, PamP, Luminous and 21 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

Swinging by quickly to share a radiant beam of light I found this morning (and apologies if it's already been posted - my life is INSANE right now and I don't have time to scan).

This may be the most amazing wartime video I've ever seen. This is a lieutenant colonel/Russian POW, describing how one of the largest militaries on earth has been misled into a genocide. Clearly sincere and not coerced.This man is a true spiritual warrior and listening to him gave me goosebumps.

https://twitter.com/hackingbutlegal/status/1500465032966062082

Favorite quotes: 

"It is easier to kill than to give birth."
"We should not sow death, it is better to sow life.

This gives me so much hope that maybe the better world we have all been hoping for may be around the corner.

May ALL the Russians wake up and see how their psychopathic leader has lied to them. Watch the whole thing, one of his soldiers speaks at the end and backs him up.

Much love to everyone here.

2ndfdl, PamP, FEBbby23 and 25 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)

@lenor 

I have a couple of close friends who are Indigenous Americans. Something I learned from them:

You may have noticed the Ukraine tradition of admiring and using sunflowers. Sunflowers came from here in N. America. So it was especially fitting that the babushka who cursed the Russian soldiers offered them sunflower seeds for their pockets.

The indigenous folx here see themselves as spiritually linked with the Ukrainians in this, and many artisans are weaving baskets and blankets with sunflower themes in gold and blue to show their support.

It would be great to see some of these artistic signs of support end up with the Ukrainians.

2ndfdl, BlueBelle, PamP and 23 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@blackandwhite)
Noble Member Registered

It very much seems like the Russians are losing this war. So I hope that this continues and this conflict can be over soon. 

The conservative estimate of Russian troops lost could be as low as 3,000. Very likely that it's higher than that. An unfortunate toll and  unnecessary loss of life as a cost of war that the Russian people do not want. To put into perspective: Russia lost 15,000 servicemen in Afghanistan in a 10 year period, it's been 12 days in Ukraine. 

Russian troops are experiencing a logistical nightmare. Loss of gas,low ammunition, not enough rations, bad routes etc . Makes sense now why putin wanted to take over the Ukrainian people in 5 days, but quite illogical that he would think they would just roll over and take it. 

There is word that the escape corridors that are Ukrainian citizens have been using to flee have been specifically targeted by Russian missiles. While that is true as of today more people have been able to use those same corridors to leave warzones due to Russian missile targeting systems not working, low ammunition and what I hope is dissent among Russian soldiers. Hopefully this is an answer from some of y'all's prayers. 

Last bit here, even though we did not set up a no-fly zone in Ukraine as requested, it looks like Ukrainians are going to be receiving fighter jets from Poland and the US so that they can continue to hold air superiority. 

I hope that this opens the eyes of many and they realize the game of manipulation that is played by the old and rich on the poor and young during war. 

PamP, Maggieci, FEBbby23 and 17 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator
Topic starter  

@laura-f 

Thank you for sharing this link.  What an incredible video.  It has great meaning.  There is a great truth in which he speaks.  I believe it is a lesson for all of us.  

PamP, lenor, FEBbby23 and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@lenor and community, I reposted the incredibly beautiful Lakota blanket that was lost from Lenor's post during that Big Glitch last week.  See it here (just scroll up or click)

Unk p, lenor, FEBbby23 and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tgraf66)

@blackandwhite The idea that Poland put forth, which was that Poland would transfer the MiG fighters to the US airbase in Rammstein, from where they would ostensibly be given to Ukraine, has been  nixed by US NATO command.  To do what Poland is suggesting would essentially put the US in a very untenable position, in that it would then be the US that would be supplying the jets, rather than  Poland or NATO, thereby pitting the US against Russia directly.  That would not be a good thing.  As others have pointed out, the US should *not* be taking the lead in this because the US is not directly threatened by Russia; rather, Western Europe, which is much closer to danger, should be leading the charge - with full US support, obviously, as outlined in the NATO Charter.

Isabelle, lenor, FEBbby23 and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger-n-owl)
Honorable Member Registered

Hello light working friends,

i created this painting called ‘Raining Light on Ukraine Tears’.

Unk p, ghandigirl, Tesseract and 33 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 CC21
(@cc21)

@tiger-n-owl Oh, I love this. It is just beautiful. I love the way the light falls from the sky. Thanks for sharing!

Unk p, FEBbby23, lenor and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@blackandwhite)
Noble Member Registered

@tgraf66 

You're right, I spoke too soon. A couple of hours after I sent that message both Poland and the US pulled out of that "agreement". The only reason why I can think that Poland was being so indirect with the fighter jets is because they themselves fear a Putin invasion.

This is very much a European problem, we should support them 100% without getting involved, that includes the US giving them jet I suppose. 

There's this guy I follow on TikTok and here's what he had to say about Russia:

https://vm.tiktok.com/TTPdDE8YLs/?k=1

Tiger-n-Owl, Lauren, lenor and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@bluebelle)

@tiger-n-owl Your painting is full of light and joy and promise.  I love it!!

Unk p, ghandigirl, Tiger-n-Owl and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

I like this one: People are booking Airbnb's in war-torn Ukraine as a way to give money directly to Ukrainians: 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2022/03/07/ukraine-airbnb-booking-donations/

2ndfdl, LalaBella, Unk p and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@allyn)

How is this for light?

Polish mayor confronts Italy’s Salvini over Putin praise | Russia-Ukraine war News | Al Jazeera (I am terrible at posting links, so I hope I did this right.  If not, just type "Russia Italy" and it should come up.

To summarize, one of the right wing nuts in Italy who has openly praised Putin was actually confronted by the mayor of a town in Poland, who promptly asked him to wear a tee shirt with Putin's picture on it and come with him to talk to all the refugees from Ukraine about how wonderful Putin was.

As this war enters its second week and Ukraine is still holding firm in the face of Russian aggression, we are seeing signs of an actual shift in the collective.  People like Salvini, Trump, and even Billy Graham have constantly licked Putin's boots and acted as though he was the great hope to bring everyone back to "greatness" (AKA a world where force of arms dictates life and that the strong bullies can take from their alleged "weak" neighbors without consequences.  Basically, where minorities bow to their white masters, women live in a state of bondage where they must please men no matter what, and where those in power twist religious teachings to justify their Satanic practices.)

It seems as though these people think that they can jump on the Ukraine band wagon and everyone will forget their love fest with Putin.  But apparently that is not going to be the case.  

Already, Republicans are agreeing with Biden and voting on bipartisan bills to isolate and punish Putin and his followers.  But they think that since gas and other items will go up in price, they can blame Biden for it.

However, the Republican love fest with Putin will bring about its own karma.  There are millions of interviews and videos showing hundreds of Republican lawmakers praising Putin in one way or another.  So when the time comes, those tapes will be played over and over and point out (correctly) that if Trump and his cronies did not actively support Russia and actually tried to prevent military aid to Ukraine, Russia may not have invaded Ukraine in the first place. Also, it is tough to say "it's all Biden's fault" when confronted with video of Republicans gushing about how "wonderful" and "genius" Putin is.  

Perhaps now, finally, there will be accountability for these people, if only the resolve of the people will hold out.  And if Putin is forced out somehow, many of these pro-Putin allies will fall like dominos, as they will no longer have Putin's little media and spy empire to keep them safe from harm.

The idea of Steve Bannon, Fox News, Trump, and others falling out of favor as their close relationship to Putin is highlighted would be a welcomed outcome.  If Putin falls, so does his allies.  It is tragic beyond words that it took the unprovoked attack on a country and the deaths of so many innocent Ukrainians for people to wake up, as human life should never be the price we pay to learn the truth.

(And on a side note, does anyone else find it bizarre that Putin is still claiming that President Zelenskiy of Ukraine, who I understand is of Jewish decent and was actually the voice of the Ukrainian version of "The Paddington Bear" is the leader of a Nazi government?  SERIOUSLY?!  That is like saying that Barack Obama is the new Grand Wizard of the Ku Klux Klan!  Methinks Putin and his allies need to check their drinking water for lead or something.)

2ndfdl, JourneyWithMe2, Unk p and 25 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@bluebelle)

@allyn You are so right.  The Republican love fest with Putin is going to bear spoiled fruit.  These GOP Senators and Representatives that have been taking campaign contributions from Russian oligarchs are going to have a lot of explaining to do come election time.  The Republicans who flocked to Moscow on the 4th of July a few years ago won't be able to explain that away.  It's not just TFG, Tucker Carlson, and right wing media who are attempting to walk back their support of Putin.  Franklin Graham called on the Evangelical Right to pray for Putin.  Steve Bannon supported Putin. Mike Pompeo praised Putin.  As you pointed out, all of this is on video and will be played and replayed during the coming elections.  What a brutal reckoning it is, to have the extremist right wing brought down by Putin, the monster they all claimed to admire.  It's fitting.

As for Putin's claim that Zelensky and his government are Nazis oppressing the Ukrainian people, well that's just cynical right wing propaganda fed to the uneducated, brainwashed Russian people.  Putin is a master of disinformation and I have no doubt that he has influenced the far right media here as well.  We have a large number of gullible people who believe every word on Fox News whether it makes sense or not.  And don't the made up controversies ring hollow now as the world watches the people of Ukraine suffer?  Trucker convoys, anyone? Anti-vaxxers?  Anti maskers?  How ridiculous.  Voter fraud?  Attacks on LGBTQ people?   It's time to kick the lunatics out of power and reclaim our country. 

JourneyWithMe2, MtGal99, Unk p and 21 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@coyote)

Since 2015 The EU has been making it harder for its citizens to aid migrants. Perhaps this homegrown war and refugee crisis will soften European attitudes to migrants.

CC21, JourneyWithMe2, Jeanne Mayell and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@enkasongwriter)
Famed Member Participant

@bluebelle Speaking of Marco Rubio screenshotting President Zelensky, I got that he is an asset of Putin in a quick scan.

CC21, JourneyWithMe2, Jeanne Mayell and 17 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@bluebelle)

@enkasongwriter I picked up the same thing about Rubio and then learned that he has accepted $1.5 Million in campaign funds from a Russian oligarch.  So, yes, that makes sense that he’s one of the bought and paid for GOP.  I’ve seen #GOPtheRussianParty trending on twitter.  These connections between the GOP and Russian money are going to impact the next election.  That’s what I’m picking up.  

CC21, JourneyWithMe2, LalaBella and 17 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unk-p)

@bluebelle @enkasongwriter  Micro Rubio is def in bed w Putin. And speaking of "de-nazification", we could use some of that in the statehouses of Texas, Missouri, Idaho, and Florida, to name a few.

Here are the 7 GOP Senators (and one Rep.) who met in the Kremlin with Russian Duma members on the Fourth of July, 2018:
- Sen. Richard Shelby (AL)
- Sen. Steve Daines (MT)
- Sen. John Thune (SD)
- Sen. John Kennedy (LA)
- Sen. Jerry Moran (KS)
- Sen. Ron Johnson (WI)
- Sen. John Hoeven (ND); and
- Rep. Kay Granger (TX).

CC21, JourneyWithMe2, Lauren and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@bluebelle)

@unk-p Micro Rubio!  That’s a good one.  I’m stealing that.  Every time Micro posts Bible scriptures on Twitter, I have to read the responses.  He gets pilloried and that always amuses me.  That list of GOP members who went to Russia includes some prime offenders like Ron Johnson and John Kennedy, but I am going to commit all of their names to memory.  The re-election campaigns are going to be 🔥!

CC21, JourneyWithMe2, Lauren and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)

@allyn 

Not only is Zelensky of Jewish descent, all of his family except his grandfather were killed in the Holocaust. Extra absurd to refer to him as a Nazi.

Lauren, Jeanne Mayell, BlueBelle and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 5
Share: