Notifications
Clear all

Trouble Sleeping?

(@debbie-m)
Noble Member Registered

At my book club today the subject of not sleeping well came up. One woman said that she stays wide awake for a while after retiring and then says out loud, 'Donald Trump, get out of my bed!'

deetoo, Share, Coyote and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jewels-2)
Noble Member Registered

Check out your actual sleep quality.  It is easy to have disruptive sleep disorders without knowing.  My husband's life changed dramatically after he got a CPAP machine.  He snored all night and was grumpy all day.  A test showed he woke up constantly, all night.  He had no idea until he scared me one night gasping for air.  He felt so rested after just one night without snoring. By the end of the week, his personality was different.  Which was critical, because he had been ornery for a long enough period that I was going to move out. 

Not getting rest is a serious health issue. It can kill you. My daughter has an app that records sounds she makes at night.  I'm working on my own snoring issue (had no idea how bad it was).  Doctor ruled out apnea, so perhaps allergies or nasal blockage (polyps?).

Good sleep helps for me are:

*Cold room with a window open for fresh air. 

*A busy day on my feet (physical exertion and lots of distraction from worries.)

*Deep featherbed. Like sleeping in cloud.

*If I wake, I limit my thoughts to mentally rearranging furniture around the house. It is pleasant yet not interesting enough to keep me awake.

Replacing our president ought to help us the most, I bet. :)

deetoo, Vesta, Share and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tgraf66)
Illustrious Member Registered

I've had difficulty sleeping for the last several months, which I mostly attribute to the stress we've all been under for the last four years.  However, the last two days/nights, I have slept so hard, and so soundly that I have a hard time getting out of bed.  It's like my body is finally beginning to recover from everything and is getting real rest for the first time in a long time.

I've seriously been sleeping for 9-10 hours the last couple of nights, after months of 5-7 hours.  I also have found that I have a ton more energy, like I'm getting my fire back and I'm raring to go...it's jut not time yet.  It could also be that I always have more energy and peace in the fall and winter than I do in the spring and summer.  I'm a winter baby, so I'm coming into my element now. ;-)

deetoo, ghandigirl, Vesta and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3
Share: