Notifications
Clear all

Tell us about your own intuitive journey

(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

So many who come here tell us that they are intuitive but not psychic. Well, the two words mean the same thing, but most people think that being intuitive is something softer, more spontaneous and subtle, insights that come without effort, rather than something they can invoke when they want. 

I'd like to know how you came to realize you had the gift, even if you think it's not THE gift, but a kind of intuition that has surprised you from time to time. 

When I was very young, I used to find myself in the right place at the right time. I'd find someone in a huge crowd who I'd just been thinking about and needed to speak to. I also had clear preferences and aversions to people I didn't know, and later as I grew older, I realized I was picking up on something that was real. 

Later, I felt that I just knew things, but I didn't consider it psychic.  I just thought it was obvious, but I couldn't explain how I knew it.  In early public policy jobs, I knew what the public thought or needed.  I didn't need to do a survey to validate. I just knew.  I would stare into space, focusing on the group of people I was trying to read, such as the voters in my state, and I'd get information about them. All I had to do was focus on them, and I'd know.

Still, I didn't think this was psychic.  

But when my ideas got floated to the higher ups, like the MA governor and the NYC mayor, they'd be interested because those ideas were about to emerge from the Collective conscience, which means that those were ideas whose time had come. I now realize that I was, back then, reading the Collective and the future. 

Once when I saw two people laughing together in my office, I knew instantly that they were in love.  It came to me in a split second flash that I had while walking past them in a hallway.  They ended out marrying and raising a family. 

I've heard so many stories of how people's intuition saved them from harm or guided them to love. 

What's your story? 

@osceroreo 

lenor, Jan, deetoo and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tybin)
Famed Member Registered

I’ve been thinking about how to answer this. I think I have turned off some of those abilities or not spent time learning how to develop them. Sometimes it is in hindsight that I realized I had a sense something was going to happen. I used to do more work with light by actively meditating in an inner pyramid I created.  I have picked it up a bit to try and help protect Ukraine but I guess I initially stopped because I was worried about affecting pets I had with seizures. I got this notion because used to have a dog who would get up and move if I was actively trying to surround her with a certain color of light. I think I also tend to get anxiety if I start getting messages from the universe via a number sequence that has a deep connection to me. I tend to get concerned I’m getting a heads up that something difficult is going to happen. So, I need to learn how to attach and be able to just observe. I would also say past trauma makes it harder to stay grounded enough 

I do LOVE synchronicity though. It reminds me the Universe is much more complex than whatever we as humans go through on a daily basis 

lenor, CC21, Lauren and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@tybin Thank you for such a thoughtful and honest response. Your kindness and sensitivity makes my heart swell. You said so much in your short post.

Clearly your abilities are vast. Your healing meditation could make your dog actually move.  I feel your loving energy is pure and good. But I understand why someone as caring as you would hesitate to use powerful energies. Still, did it ever occur to you that you may have come here to use those healing energies?

You didn't mention it, but I do feel we need to protect ouselves from the very energies we wish to heal.

Along with opening our intuition and letting in the energies of this world comes a deep connection to everything and everyone. So much of the time, we cannot help but feel people's pain. I want to release their energy blocks.  It's an automatic process in me that occurs when I am thinking of someone who is in pain.

It's a lot to experience. So I do something to get relief for myself -- I have to go in and out of connecting with the pain in people and in the world, like wading into a pond and then stepping out, then wading back in, then stepping back out.

My safest and most protected way of feeling the world or anyone in it is by using a loving kindness meditation, where I start with caring for myself, and then actively open my heart to others while sending them love and caring. (It's the meditation that's posted here).  It's also the meditation I do during the Circle of Light each Wednesday night.

When I give readings, I always find myself seeing the person's best self, through eyes of loving kindness.  When I want to send healing to anyone, I learned a while back to send angels to do the healing, rather than do it myself. They instantly go to the person (or animal) and start giving them healing in ways that are needed. It keeps me protected from taking in the pain or toxicity.

But I can't be "on" all the time.  I need a lot of space in my living quarters, and don't usually enjoy parties or large group gatherings. Too many energies flying around.

lenor, deetoo, CC21 and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@tybin I am intrigued by your mention of a scary number sequence. I hope it is okay to mention it. I use to have a number when I was young that felt like a warning.  I was making mud pies outdoors with another 8 year old girlfriend and when I was about to make my third trip down to the brook to get some water, a knowing came to me that the number three was unlucky for me and I was going to hurt myself on the third trip to the brook. Well, I did trip and cut a gash in my ring finger that needed stiches, the first stiches of my life. Also the ER doc gave me...yup, three stitches. Ha Ha. Three's don't bother me any more. In fact the scar on my finger disappeared after my third major love affair. I met and married my husband after that and something of those difficult relationship years faded away, as did the scar from those stiches.  

While writing this post, I realized that the number three is the archytpal number of the Empress in the Tarot -- the matriarch and the mother. The ascended woman!  

lenor, deetoo, BlueBelle and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tybin)
Famed Member Registered

@jeanne-mayell Hi Jeanne. Thanks for your wonderful replies. In regards to the number, I think it is not meant to be negative and I have to remind myself that a communication from the Universe isn’t always a warning. I see 144 and 441 a bunch. Sometimes it’s a heads up but maybe sometimes it’s just an affirmation and I shouldn’t just jump to dread that some loss is about to happen

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@tybin Oh wow, those numbers in the Tarot add up to nine, the Hermit, monk, Holy Man, meditator who gathers light from going within.  He is one of my favorite Tarot icons, turned inward, with brilliant light flowing through him.

ReplyQuote
(@tybin)
Famed Member Registered

It also seems to be a significant building block number of the universe

Posted by: @jeanne-mayell

@tybin Oh wow, those numbers in the Tarot add up to nine, the Hermit, monk, Holy Man, meditator who gathers light from going within.  He is one of my favorite Tarot icons, turned inward, with brilliant light flowing through him.

ReplyQuote
(@tybin)
Famed Member Registered

Meditator that gathers light from going within. Wow!! Yup!

ReplyQuote
(@ghandigirl)
Illustrious Member Registered

I always dreamed and would have prophetic visions. I knew my brother got in a car crash by dreaming it  and asking.my mom. She didn't want to worry me but I already knew. 

I can predict sort of  dumb things like he is bringing home ice cream that starts with a p. He then brought home pistachio and peanut butter both. I refer to this as being an incidental medium.

I pick up on energies of children and animals. I also see words in my mind when reading for friends. I have read many pets  and can pick up on infants energy. I see visions and hear songs from departed loved ones and pets. When I hear songs i have a deep knowing who has sent them. Often I will hear the same song repeatedly and know it is meant to comfort me.

I get drained by other  peoples energy. I can feel evil and good. I work on protecting myself. 

I find gifts from spirit especially pennies, white buttons, and feathers. 

I have had many dreams and visions of heaven, even where I live there. I am easy to hypnotize and readings I receive are usually strong and accurate. When I read for myself the Tarot or oracle cards I am well led and discover more and more about myself,

I feel lucky to have a clear channel most of the time.

lenor, earthangel, Lauren and 6 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@bluebelle)
Illustrious Member Moderator

I don’t know exactly when I noticed how intuition worked in my life.  I did notice that I had dreams that tended to come true, even about mundane things. Once I dreamed I bought twin mahogany poster beds and that my grandchildren would sleep in them. The next morning I went for my walk and there was a garage sale in the next neighborhood. There were twin mahogany poster beds in the driveway, priced at $200 for two beds. I bought them. And my twin grandsons sleep in them even now.

Jeanne, thank you for this new thread.  It has really made me look back at my life and think about times when intuition played a major role.

My grandmother was intuitive.  She always knew things that we hadn’t told her, when people were in love, when a woman was pregnant, etc.  It was a bit off-putting.  Then as a young adult, I noticed I had the same kind of knowing.  I knew a friend was pregnant before she told anyone.  I would know the outcome of certain events.  Even as a young person, people confided in me and came to me with their problems and heartaches.  I now see that intuition played a role in those situations and I knew how to comfort and reassure people. (How could I have had that wisdom as a young person?  I was barely figuring out my own self.)  

Later in life, I took up plein air painting and would paint in public areas.  Strangers would stop by to talk and then share their life stories with me, confiding their problems.  I could spend three hours on a pier, trying to paint a landscape and might get one hour of painting done.  While I didn’t get my painting finished, I knew that I was meeting the people I was supposed to meet.  Those interactions benefited me  and others.  

Back in 2009 when the stock market was plunging, plunging and we watched our life’s savings going down the drain, we panicked and took all our money out of the market.  One month later, I kept having a nagging thought that dogged me day after day:  we had to get our money back in the market.  So we put our money back into the market and just in time because the market took off and we regained all our losses.  If we had stayed out of the market, our retirement would be a lot different.   Today I know I need to listen to those nagging, nagging thoughts.  That’s my intuition warning me, guiding me.

lenor, deetoo, Lauren and 4 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

Posted by: @ghandigirl

I can predict sort of  dumb things like he is bringing home ice cream that starts with a p. He then brought home pistachio and peanut butter both. I refer to this as being an incidental medium.

Ha ha ha.

@ghandigirl Omg, this is so delightful to read this about you.  When I set up this thread, I had hoped to hear from people who have been coming here a while who I'd gotten to know, as well as those who have been lurking, in order to see more of them. Your information fills in so many wonderful blanks. You are a magical person, with energies swirling around you of animals and babies and heaven and departed loved ones.

ghandigirl, lenor, deetoo and 4 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@bluebelle I love your story. I love how your grandmother knew things without claiming she was intuiting what she knew. I think we know things that matter to us, and people being in love or pregnant, having grandchildren in your life, are important to you. You also saved your family fortune with your stock market messages.

How many times in history have the wives of great men saved them? Shakespeare included that notion in his play Julius Caesar when Brutus and Cassius came to fetch Caesar to come to the Senate on the morning they were going to kill him. Caesar's wife, Calpurnia, had had a nightmare the night before that Ceasar would be murdered and begged him not to go to work that day. But Cassius ridiculed her and Ceasar for listening to the fears of a woman, and so Caesar went off to the Senate to his death. Even back in 1660 England, psychic ability in women was ridiculed and discounted.

But your husband went with your intuition to get back into the market! 

lenor, deetoo, Lauren and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@ghandigirl Your creative intuitive life and your incidental mediumship reminds me of my favorite Fannie Flagg novel, Can't Wait to Get to Heaven.  Do you know this book?  (She wrote Fried Green Tomatoes)

Octogenarian Elner Shimfissle falls off a ladder after accidentally disturbing a hornets' nest while picking figs. After she dies at the hospital, she "wakes up" and visits her late sister in heaven there who has baked a cake there. Elner slips a piece into her pocket and when she  later awakes back on earth in the hospital (to the doctors' shock because they thought she had died), a series of magical and comical events occur including that something miraculous happens when her housekeeper snitches that heaven cake and feeds it to her invalid mother. Clearly novelist Fannie Flagg knows what it means to live an intuitive life. 

lenor, deetoo, Lauren and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@earthangel)
Famed Member Registered

My first revelation of psychic intuition/knowing was a heartbreak. I was about 21 and worked on the 3rd flr of a university and my bf at the time worked on the 6th flr. He was a Univ detective. I was waiting for the elevator and when the doors opened, he was on one side while a female security guard (w the same name as mine) was on the other side. No one was speaking and both were casual, looking straight ahead. Within seconds, I looked at him then looked at her then looked back at him and knew they were seeing each other secretly. He ignored my call that night and when I finally caught up w him, he said “How did you know?! And your eyes showed that you knew and that you knew that I knew!” It wasn’t funny at the time but it’s funny now. I called it intuition then and never imagined a psychic ability. Even after years of knowing how someone would react or the truth of their hidden emotions, film endings or who-done-its, it wasn’t until Jeanne told me in a tarot reading that I have strong psychic abilities that I began to believe it. Certainly knowing what I know now reassured me that I wasn’t being overly emotional all of my life when I knew how people were feeling and how they’d react. It wasn’t imagined after all. 

lenor, deetoo, Jeanne Mayell and 4 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@earthangel Wow. As I read your story I got tingles all over and my eyes welled up. You are a brave and beautiful heart warrior. Imagining your 21 year old girl self confronting that betrayal is so moving. I'm glad you are laughing now.

lenor, deetoo, Jan and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@marigold)
Noble Member Registered

I think I inherited something from my mother and grandmother, maybe intuition. My mother had second sight and would vividly “see” future events often in time for her to pray and send light. When she was 13 years old my father’s father (my grandfather) died; they were neighbors and shortly afterward she saw the image of my grandfather in her bedroom window surrounded by light and fire. He spoke to her and asked her to take care of my father. And she did.

The first time I thought I was intuitive, or maybe receptive to inner warnings of some kind was when my son was a toddler. We (husband, son and I) were having breakfast at a cafeteria, my son finished up and wanted to get down and walk around so I accompanied him. He was drawn to the busy cashier and all the comings and goings of trays and dishes and stood there watching. All of a sudden I instinctively reached down and swooped him up high. As his feet left the ground a tray of glassware crashed just in front of where they had been, sending glass shards everywhere. I feel like he would have terribly cut had I not reacted to this prompting.

My intuition I think is related to healing. I went to a workshop led by an artist-healer-psychic, this was 35 years ago, and we were to make art. She looked at mine and said that clairaudience would start coming to me (a good guess perhaps, I had instinctively drawn a page of golden colored ears!). At this time I was also learning biofeedback to deal with stress and back pain. One night as I was falling asleep I began hearing a beautiful  inner voice in my ear, a woman, calling my name. I heard it in my ear and it resonated in my heart. It was a bit like my mother's voice.  Every night for a while I heard it, clear as a bell.  I began yoga and meditation classes, quit my corporate job (back pain went away) and studied etheric healing  with a teacher, in which I began to “see” form, color, symbols, scenes, etc. and “hear” information. Also got a master’s degree in counseling and am retired from a career as a child therapist and elementary school counselor working with art.  I kept my etheric healing work, listening to nature, and dream work resolutely separate from my professional counseling work, though I think the intuitive skills I was learning in both areas reinforced each other. This forum has been a haven – like-minded people with all kinds of skills doing all kinds of things, having light-filled, expansive intuitive experiences. 

Thank you for the invitation to think about this, Jeanne.

lenor, Jan, deetoo and 8 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@earthangel)
Famed Member Registered

@jeanne-mayell Thank you, I appreciate this alot bc I never saw myself as a heart warrior then and for a long time. I believed I was a fool who wore her heart on her sleeve and felt too much. I remembered today that this bf was freaked out afterwards and avoided me for a few days. He said I was some kind of “witch” for knowing. He wasn’t trying to be mean but he really was freaked out. His own detective’s insight picked up on my instant knowing and unnerved him. I’m relieved I’m not feeling the betrayal in memory at this time which you so accurately felt. It was a tough time but I also knew then we weren’t meant to be and he surely wasn’t for me!

deetoo, CC21, BlueBelle and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@seaholly)
Reputable Member Moderator

Thank you for starting this thread and helping me reflect on this topic. I was intuitive as a child but did not understand it. I simply thought I was weird. From an early age, I had an inner radar causing me to sense things that others seemingly couldn’t detect. I would get random thoughts, words or pictures in my head and feel immediate repulsion or attraction to people, places or situations. This exasperated the adults around me who thought I was overly imaginative or emotional. It didn’t help that I grew up in a very loud and extroverted family while being shy and sensitive. The vibes I felt, and especially the random thoughts, words or pictures I would receive out of nowhere would freaked me out when they would come true and because this was so unsettling to me, I chose to ignore them.

In my teens I realized the strategy of ignoring how I felt more often than not got me into trouble. Slowly, I started listening to what I was feeling, especially once I left home for university. When I began my professional career, I soon realized how important it was to acknowledge these vibes. I paid attention to them, the people I worked with and the situations I found myself in, still choosing however to ignore the words, pictures and thoughts that would randomly come to me. These were still too weird for me to accept and they soon went completely silent and stayed that way for many years.

I progressed in my profession quicker than some because I somehow « knew » how to deal with challenges that left many of my colleagues in a bind, to the dismay of some of my more experienced workmates. I was also able to read the men I dated quite well. One of the most notable example of how this came into play was not with someone I dated but involved one of my girlfriends. She was dating a guy whose energy was so negative, I could not stand being near him. My friend couldn’t understand why I felt this way. It was only after he ended up causing her enormous grief that we found out he was involved in criminal activities. From then on, she eagerly introduced me to her dates to find out how I felt about them.

Another example happened in the spring of 2001 when a younger colleague spoke of a casual acquaintance she had recently met and who she felt I should meet because « he was a nice man but too old » for her! As soon as she said his name, an electrical current went through my entire body. I knew without a dought he could be my future husband someday and I was right. We did get married.

As for the thoughts, words and images that would show up at random, they did make a comeback when I entered my forties. With more maturity and life experience, I was finally more willing to accept and make sense of them.

Since I took @jeanne-mayell ‘s intuitive classes, these have come back with a vengeance. The more I meditate and work at accepting whatever comes to me, the clearer and more frequent they appear. I now not only have words, random thoughts and pictures coming to me but also hear music, see videos, and sometimes get vivid dreams as well as symbols I never use to get before. I am also able to interpret their meanings more fully whereas in the past, they were only a mystery.

I now understand that intuition comes in many forms and must admit that discovering this has been one of the greatest surprises of all. I am very grateful for what I am learning from this online community of like minded individuals and for accepting the fact that finally, as I enter my sixth decade, I no longer consider myself an anomaly.

ghandigirl, CC21, deetoo and 8 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Jan
(@oscaroreo)
Trusted Member Registered

@jeanne-mayell 

Beautiful.  Thank you very much for sharing.  I will add some of my intuitive experiences within a couple of days.  I love the subject. 

CC21, deetoo, Lauren and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Rose
(@susan-daisy)
Reputable Member Registered

Around the age of 10ish, I thought I saw an angel floating from the ceiling as I headed to my bedroom. My mother said that it must have been my guardian angel.  A short time after that sighting my grandfather died. As I got older, I would try to pin down what my dreams or strange feelings meant. I have had so many de'ja vu moments. For instance, I had a dream that my husband and I were in a red car and involved in an auto accident.  I didn't think anything of it or mention it to anyone because we didn't own a red car.  Later my husband surprises me with a red car.  About a month later we were involved in a terrible auto accident. I was pregnant and due to deliver within weeks. Thank God we all made it through with no serious injury.  I believe my son and grandson hold these gifts as well.

lenor, deetoo, raincloud and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: