Notifications
Clear all

Spirit Animals/Spirit Guides

(@bluebelle)
Illustrious Member Moderator
Topic starter  

A few weeks ago, I dreamed I was walking in the forest and a large hawk flew up the path towards me.  The hawk came towards me at eye level and we looked at one another.  In the dream state everything was in slow motion.  Then the hawk turned around and flew low in front of me, leading me through the forest.  I marveled at the sight.  In a bit of lucid dreaming, I realized this has never happened before.  As I walked on my path through the forest, following the hawk, I also had a deep knowing that the hawk was my spirit guide, leading me and protecting my path.

ghandigirl, PamP, Unk p and 16 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 CC21
(@cc21)

@bluebelle Wow. That sounds like a deeply meaningful dream. How very interesting. Some symbolism that I just looked up included, "Hawk symbolism and meaning includes intelligence, independence, adaptability, messages, clairvoyance, and spiritual awareness." 

Sounds like you are on a very clear path!

PamP, Unk p, Jeanne Mayell and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@bluebelle Wondrous dream. Feels like you have passed some initiation and the hawk is now guiding you. Please feel free share any other insights you got from the dream or in future visions. We are eager to hear!

PamP, FEBbby23, deetoo and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@raincloud)
Famed Member Registered

I am not sure where to post this but anyway....

Today was a bit intense. I am in New Mexico traveling with three friends so one of them can do some historical research for a book she is writing. Our destination took us in the general direction of the terrible fires. As we drove toward incredible plumes of smoke that rose high into the sky we were awestruck. There was not only a huge plume from the largest fire, but we could see many small ones in the opposite direction. I had the thought, "What if we should need to flee," even though I knew we were safe. A second later, a friend suggested that we fill up the gas tank--she had the same concern. We were all somber until we reached our destination from which no smoke was visible which enabled us to relax.

Several hours later, on a square in a historic town, I heard chanting and saw a native American man dancing in a buffalo headdress while his companion chanted/sang; a small sign explained that it was "a prayer in motion." I was pleased that this prayer/dance felt authentic and earnest rather than touristy despite being displayed for tourists.

For at least a decade I have "heard" a chant in my head that I have tried to track down online to see what tribe might be associated with it but have never come close. Well, this chant was very similar so I was impelled to watch and listen. Before they took a short break, the chanter spoke eloquently for a few minutes about our need to take care of the earth because she is "on fire." I approached them and learned they were from a pueblo that was unknown to me but when I told him about the chanting in my head, he said with solemn kindness, "It is Great Spirit talking to you."  I struggled to avoid bursting into tears--tears I couldn't explain.

A few minutes later they resumed the dancing with a different chant/song, one bar of which I believe was exactly what I have heard in my head. Again, I struggled not to sob. I cannot explain why I felt so emotional nor do I wish to intellectually analyze it. Now, a few hours later, I would describe it as feeling gently connected, plugged in sort of,  to some sort of collective presence.

Unk p, deetoo, FEBbby23 and 20 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

@raincloud 

That is incredible!  Thank you for sharing this with us. It is bringing tears to my eyes too.

May I ask what tribe you heard chant?  There are many indeed across the desert southwest.

deetoo, PamP, Lauren and 4 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@raincloud)
Famed Member Registered

@lovendures 

Yes, he said the name quickly but looking the up the Pueblos, it had to be the Ohkay Owingeh Pueblo (formerly San Juan Pueblo)

PamP, Vesta, Lauren and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@april)
Noble Member Registered

Saturday night I dreamed I was walking from the back of my house to the front yard. When I rounded the cornered there was a black bear (brown phase). It stood up, looked at me, then turned and jogged up the path.

At the same time a pair of red foxes (both resembling foxes I have seen on the property in the past few months) came from the pond to walk in front of me. I took them to be a breeding pair. They just walked in front of me as if I was just another animal in the environment, paying no mind to my presence.

Then I awoke from the dream. Thoughts? 

deetoo, Vesta and Lauren reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

@april 

Here are some thoughts to ponder about the animals you saw in your dream.

Ted Andrews in THE expert on Animal Spirit Totems, writing many books on the subject during his life. His Animal Speak book has become an Animal Spirit Guide "Bible" for me .  It really helped when I brought it along on a vacation to Colorado one year, the year my daughter ended up having  a 3-4 day long encounter with her animal spirit, a wolf.   

What caught my eye in about your dream was the fact that the foxes paid no attention to you, treated you as if you were invisible.  I thought perhaps Animal Speak might offer insight to that part of your fox dream.  In fact it does.  The keynote Andrews has for the fox is as follows: Feminine magic of camouflage, shapeshifting and invisibility.

The fox coat serves as camouflage.  Andrews suggests that practicing using camouflage is something everyone with a fox totem should learn to do. Moving silently and going about unnoticed  without reveling your intentions is something fox teaches. He suggests learning to control your aura and energy frequency so you can blend in with others.  

If this rings true to you, I can share some ways he suggests practicing this blending.

Also, I have been thinking on the bear.  The bear stood up, looked at you and then jogged away. So, it actually noticed you unlike the foxes, and left your space.  The foxes entered your space and didn't notice you.

I wondered what the bear might be trying to tell you.  One of the lessons from the bear according to Andrews, is to tell you NOT to hibernate all year round. After letting your creative projects and ideas get nourishment during the winter during hibernation ( also like going within) , it is time to let the babies grow when spring comes.

You felt the foxes were a breeding pair. Breeding would result in babies. Maybe that also points to projects or creative ideas? 

Sit with some of this information and see if any rings true for you.  I can offer more thoughts if you wish.

deetoo, CC21, Vesta and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ana)
Illustrious Member Registered

This morning I was leaving my therapist's office after a rather emotional session when a coyote crossed the parking lot in front of my car.  I have NEVER seen a coyote in this city before.  Out in the countryside, yes, but not in town  (although I have heard they do live in some of our wooded urban areas).   He/she was trotting around the office complex completely unconcerned about anything.  It was a little guy, and reddish-brown in color, so at first I thought it was a fox.

I read that coyotes are generally good omens, and since I saw it while leaving the therapists', I take it as a positive sign  (?)  

ReplyQuote
(@ghandigirl)

Today my boyfriend found and photographed a little brown toad in our yard as we did yard work. It disappeared before I saw it.  I found a white feather at my feet inside this morning, and just now helped a white butterfly outside who was flying inside the lamp. I should have snapped a picture of the butterfly. At first I thought it was a moth. Apparently white butterflies are rare and can symbolize angels and spirits. I saved it from my cat.

Butterflies are very special, to me. I called this my butterfly birthday. One of my gifts was a gorgeous metal wall hanging of a tree of life made out of butterflies. I have a butterfly tattoo. I wrote a book of poetry that I dedicated to Coyote called Blue Butterfly Poems. 

I have been truly happy today. The ever present depression is lifting, has lifted. Despite not hearing from my ex and child for my birthday, I am able to rise above. I am grateful  I feel angels at work. Angels that are blue and white butterflies. 

Maggieci, deetoo, raincloud and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ghandigirl)

My Artwork.

Lauren reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ghandigirl)

Couldn't post...file was too large. 

Also wrote a song called Blue Butterflies. It speaks to my sending Blue butterflies as a sign to my daughter after I die.

I have Native American cards. I keep the Blue Butterfly card as a bookmark in my poetry book. 

Absolutely my spirit guide is a butterfly. Can anyone tell me more about the symbolism?

deetoo and Lauren reacted
ReplyQuote
(@cynthia-swan)
Eminent Member Contributor

@bluebelle and Hawk has wonderful SIGHT

ReplyQuote
(@cynthia-swan)

@bluebelle and Hawk has wonderful SIGHT

BlueBelle reacted
ReplyQuote
(@cynthia-swan)

@ghandigirl in a system I work with,  Aura-Soma, the color blue represents PEACE, among some other keynotes. And as for the butterfly, such a lovely totem, certainly a creature that teaches about transformation and all it’s various stages. 💙

Unk p reacted
ReplyQuote
(@cynthia-swan)

@ana oh how I love COYOTE! Take a look at the work of Ted Andrews book, Animal Speak. If it calls to you, like it did to me I trust you will be thrilled with it. 
But I also think it is good to sit in silence and think of the creature, as they ALWAYS have a message for us, sometimes that goes well beyond what a book may say. Things I consider are: time of day, direction they were going, how I was feeling at the time before and afterwards as a result of seeing the creature.

Lauren and Unk p reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unk-p)

Posted by: @cynthia-swan

how I was feeling at the time before and afterwards as a result of seeing the creature.

one morning i walked out of my back door with a friend, and we saw hundreds of white feathers all over the yard. Up on a tree branch, a hawk was devouring a dove.  I became very upset, and my friend was like "look, everyone needs to eat" and i said, "yes, but don't you see what this means? -it means the war has started!  After everything we have done to try and prevent this, you and me and a million people in the streets of San Francisco, and people all over the world, protesting and praying and pleading for months on end- and yet the bloodthirsty bastards went ahead and did it anyway!"

My friend said something like "And you got all of that, from a couple of birds doing bird stuff in a tree in your backyard?  Why are you always trying to make connections and find meaning from random things?". I asked him "Have you ever seen a white dove in San Francisco? This was not an albino pidgeon. It was a white dove. And yes, there are hawks in Golden Gate Park, but i have never seen one in my little inner city garden. What if you were to go home and find, say, a buffalo on your balcony? Wouldn't you have questions?"

I walked him to his car in the alley.  Half an hour later, the phone rings. It was him. "The birds were right, man. I just turned on the news... I haven't checked the balcony yet".

It was March 20, 2003

earthangel, Freya, Laynara and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: