Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Bill Clinton, Ghislaine Maxwell, and Jeffrey Epstein

(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

If you want to post about this issue, it now has its own topic.

Here is a story from Politico that is the only reliable story I could find. It says that according to Maxwell herself, she was friends with Chelsea Clinton and that was her link to the Clintons. But according to Chelsea Clinton she was not close to Ghislaine Maxwell, but was friends with a man Maxwell dated and that Maxwell attended her wedding only as the man's date.

More notable was that Bill Clinton traveled on Epstein's private jet 27 times, all after he was president and always with secret service attending. The article also says he spent the night once at Epstein's apartment.  Don't know where the SS were then. After Epstein was exposed as a pedifile, the Clintons cut ties. 

The whole time I read about Maxwell, I kept thinking of The Talented Mr. Ripley who made a profession as an interloper schmoozing with the rich and famous.

That's all I got! Anyone got anything more? 

PamP, LalaBella, Vesta and 7 people reacted
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

After doing a search and Snopes review, I could not find anything on reliable news sources about Clinton and underage girls.  So I have removed posts about it.  If someone has reliable sources, then please post them.   

PamP, TriciaCT, FEBbby23 and 7 people reacted
(@paul-w)
Noble Member Registered

@jeanne-mayell, In Bill Clinton's defense (and I'm sure his reputation as a womanizer is all true) when he said that since he is babysat by half a dozen secret service agents 24/7 it's hard to get into too much trouble.

PamP, Seeker4, TriciaCT and 13 people reacted
(@dolphinspirit)
Noble Member Registered

I am sure Bill womanized. He admitted it. We may have been better off if he did resign then Al Gore may have had a bigger lead. What if Hilary divorced Bill, would she have avoided more criticism?  Same with Kamala, if she had said yes to the Ag job would she have let Comey get away with his nonsense announcements? I occasionally visit alternative timelines as a way of investigating my own choices.  

I hear similar upsets at Joe being too touchy, and yes some of that stuff looks cringe worthy. But in the 80's we were asking people to touch each other more. In the stations I worked at everyone began to give each other hugs and shoulder rubs because we needed more contact. Massage therapy went mainstream. Now today, this is a big no no. Hopefully Joe will remember it's a different time and restrain himself.

I give a little context because it's easy to judge the past with today's norms. We should see the past in different lights. The view and consciousness of the past was different. We could say, we have grown some and regressed some. Bill was the original politician who could feel the pain of others. If he did worse than we know, I believe it will be revealed. 

molly, PamP, TriciaCT and 13 people reacted
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

@jeanne-mayell

I think I know where some of this suspicion regarding Clinton + underage girls is coming from.

I just watched the Jeffrey Epstein doc on Netlflix. There are numerous clips of the infamous parties that he threw in NYC and elsewhere. Bill Clinton is visible in a couple of the clips. Also, one of the Epstein survivors mentions that Bill Clinton frequently traveled to Epstein's private island, on Epstein's private jet.

No one has come forward to say he sexually assaulted underage women, so for now you are right, it is all speculation.

That being said, I understand why some would draw that conclusion, it's not unfeasible.

Monica L. was over 21 when she got involved with him, she has always said it was consensual and I believe her, however we all know that the power dynamic inherent in that is very, very wrong, very unethical, and literally skirts the line with sexual intimidation or assault.

I'm not saying Bill Clinton participated in the exploitation of underage women for sure, there is no concrete evidence. My theory - and this is totally subjective and an opinion - is that he may have participated, but was probably not cruel or abusive. The underage women may have had issues of their own which would predispose them to view any kindness on his part as affection rather than abuse. It's also possible that he participated in activities with Epstein but made it clear that the women had to be clearly over 21, and Epstein may have protected him in that regard somehow.

We just don't know. I say all this as someone who voted for him and genuinely likes him.

PamP, TriciaCT, Unk p and 11 people reacted
(@paul-w)
Noble Member Registered

@jeanne-mayell, It also seems to me that Monica L doesn't fit the "type" of woman that someone who likes underage girls would go for (slender, young looking).  She was very physically mature at the time for instance and is clearly very smart. I don't condone what he did in the least. (I'm happily married to the love of my life and often think of the Michael Martin Murphy song, "What's Forever For", when I think about our marriage. I believe in reincarnation and also believe that my wife and I have been together since the beginning of time.) 

I may be wrong but just don't see it at this time.

Parizienne, molly, PamP and 23 people reacted
(@dolphinspirit)
Noble Member Registered

If it’s just about intuition, when Bill first ran he pushed all my, he cheats on his wife buttons. I did not get creepy child rapist. 
It seems a bit ridiculous to think more people didn’t know what Epstein was up to. When I took a water taxi for snorkeling in VI his island was pointed out as the place where that stuff happened. 

PamP, Isabelle, TriciaCT and 7 people reacted
(@sistermoon)
Famed Member Registered

Part of the problem is that Ghislane Maxwell attended Chelsea Clinton's wedding. (If you google "Ghislane Maxwell Chelsea Clinton wedding" you will see the photo.)

Of course, it goes without saying that her presence at Chelsea's wedding is not proof that Bill Clinton raped young girls. Instead, it is proof that Maxwell was embedded in the upper echelons of society and her talons -- like Epstein's -- run deep.

PamP, lenor, TriciaCT and 13 people reacted
(@saibh)
Famed Member Registered

I truly believe Bill Clinton was a creep with women. However, I've watched several Epstein documentaries and listened to several podcast series about him, and every time Clinton's name comes up, it is never in the context of being with the girls. The same cannot be said for other men. One of the victims said that Epstein was careful to have a handful of legitimate business and politically-connected friends and guests, to throw off the scent of impropriety ... and to have blackmail information: "You were here; it can be implied you were here for the girls. Our words against yours." Knowing Bill's unfaithfulness, it would be hard to discredit Epstein if it was his word against Clinton's.

PamP, Isabelle, TriciaCT and 7 people reacted
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@saibh Thank you for your clarity. Would it be possible for you to give us the link to the quote you provided, i.e., "You were here; it can be implied you were here for the girls. Our words against yours."

@sistermoon. I am not saying Clinton wasn't at the wedding, but with my novice photoshop ability, I could easily put her into that picture. So kindly gently not agreeing that the photograph is proof.  I've done it with family photos when someone can't make an event and we want everyone in the photoshoot.   When my kids did high school sports, I did the team pictures and would put in the photos of kids who couldn't make the photoshoot, complete with putting their uniforms on them.  Once I accidentally put someone in twice, which got a lot of laughs.  But seriously, no one could except a forensic expert, could tell those people had been photoshopped into the photos. 

Michele, PamP, SisterMoon and 3 people reacted
(@sistermoon)
Famed Member Registered

@jeanne-mayell

You are correct the photo could be photoshopped, so I decided to do a little more research.

Both Forbes and Politico have reported on her attending Chelsea's wedding and their friendship even after Epstein's arrest. According to both sources, the photo is real. 

There were plenty of other sources, but I just stopped with those, since they seemed the most reputable at first glance.

From the Politico article (linked to above): 

Maxwell first grew close with the Clintons after Bill Clinton left office, vacationing on a yacht with Chelsea Clinton in 2009, attending her wedding in 2010, and participating in the Clinton Global Initiative as recently as 2013, years after her name first emerged in accounts of Epstein’s alleged sexual abuse.

Apologies for not providing better proof in my original post :)

PamP, TriciaCT, Jeanne Mayell and 3 people reacted
(@saibh)
Famed Member Registered

@jeanne-mayell I don't recall which podcast had that implication from a victim ... possibly "The Mysterious Mr Epstein"? This article mentions a "favor" ... that could be interpreted in different ways. https://www.thedailybeast.com/jeffrey-epstein-and-ghislaine-maxwell-accuser-virginia-giuffre-says-bill-clinton-partied-on-pedophile-island

I will add, it wouldn't surprise me to find out Clinton "partook" of Epstein's life.

PamP, Jeanne Mayell, TriciaCT and 3 people reacted
(@mas1581)
Illustrious Member Registered

In my opinion, Clinton was a womanizer, but I highly doubt he is a pedophile. I have come into contact with pedophiles in my life(a middle school principle and teacher of mine both were, among others I have come into contact with including Trump on one occasion) and there is a creepy, off-putting vibe I get from people like that. I have met Bill Clinton on more than one occasion and never got anything close to that feeling from him. 

He could have been aware of the possibility of that going on, and turning a blind eye is definitely unforgivable if he did, but I do not think he was involved. My opinion of Clinton is that he a decent man who has a sex addiction and the position of power allowed him opportunities to satisfy that craving. He definitely took advantage of the situations his power afforded him, but I think it was consensual. I do not see or feel anything malicious from him in that aspect. 

PamP, tybin, Seeker4 and 13 people reacted
(@seeker4)
Illustrious Member Registered

@mas1581  For what it's worth, Bill Clinton also went into extensive therapy after the whole scandal and worked to repair his marriage.  He wrote a book about what he learned which seemed humble, real, and truthful.  To my knowledge, there has never been another incident since.  

BlueBelle, tybin, Share and 11 people reacted
Share: