Will Trump resign?

Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Will Trump resign?

(@triciact)
Illustrious Member Registered

@deetoo

OMG the same thing/question is one I've been pondering too!!  I have a good friend SR, she has been a godsend to me, she's an incredibly Accurate psychic and friend, but the exact same thing: she is a huge Trumpette too.  I don't get it... and she has been the one to stop calling me lately. She knows my feelings about Trump so I'm not sure why she stopped but I sensed her pulling away from me. I have the same question!

lenor, deetoo, lenor and 1 people reacted
(@codyroo)
Noble Member Registered

@triciact

I had a reading back in May 2017.  His assessment (as part of our conversation) was that you can't fix the holes  in the lifeboat if you don't know where the holes are.  He said that Trump is pulling back the canvas on the lifeboat, showing where all the holes are.

That doesn't mean I like #45 even a little, but.....if you want to get a tad snarky.....he's acting as our "useful idiot" as he shows the corruption in gov't and the role the super wealthy have in this corruption.  We are learning where to go to really "fix" the problem.

Yofisofi, deetoo, lenor and 3 people reacted
(@suspira44)
Famed Member Registered

@jholmes

you're exactly right, but how to keep the media from reporting on him?

(@jholmes)
Honorable Member Registered

Posted by: @suspira44

@jholmes

Probably not going to happen until he's defeated at the ballot box. I think the press is one thing that needs some deep structural reform. It needs to not be for-profit, for one thing. Or at least have a trusted news source available that is not. And there should be penalties for spreading misinfo and lies when it's damaging to our country, just like on SM. Maybe that ones of the deep reforms President Pete can bring about. ? 

lenor, deetoo, lenor and 1 people reacted
(@bluebelle)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@deetoo

What an interesting question.  I find it hard to fathom a lightworker who would continue to be a T supporter.  A lot of people were misled during the 2016 campaign, but by now, there can be no misunderstanding what he and his administration stand for.  Surely, cruelty, hatred, racism, misogyny and disregard for the rule of law are a feature of this president and administration.  So, how does that fit into a lightworker's philosophy of loving kindness?  It doesn't.  

One of my biggest struggles has been in maintaining friendships with far-right friends in the time of T.  I've handled that in person with loving kindness and strict avoidance of the slightest political conversation.  However, to be honest, I've found myself limiting exposure to those friends and taking more comfort in my relationships with like-minded friends.  

How interesting that this lightworker wanted to come see you recently.  I wonder if she has had a change of heart?  I understand you're not wanting to pursue that and would probably react the same way.  On the other hand, if this person has actually had a change of heart, I would think she would find a way to let you know.  Sorry for the rambling, I'm just spitballing here.

Follow your instincts, deetoo.

Jeanne Mayell, lenor, deetoo and 3 people reacted
(@deetoo)

@suspira44, I guess I'm able to maintain the friendship with AC because she no longer lives in my area.  After we had the phone conversation where I angrily challenged her, she knows better now (I hope!) than to send me this crazy stuff.  Her other emails are these higher life path/soul expression/spiritual insight links that are often quite helpful, and even profound.  So her duality is head-spinning, crazy to me. 

@triciact, it's so interesting to me that you've encountered the same issue with SR.  Maybe I've been thinking about this in the wrong way.  Just because someone is psychic and gifted with energy healing, doesn't necessarily mean that they always use those gifts wisely.  Earlier today I asked another friend about it.   This friend, who is highly psychic and energetically powerful, also knows AC.   She remarked:  "This is where I feel AC has a great gift, but is clueless as to its power.  Hopefully she sticks to benign things.  This really is an awesome power some of us possess, and it comes with no user guide.  I have made so many stupid mistakes, and played with it like a child with matches.  So much more careful now. "

lenor and lenor reacted
(@deetoo)

@bluebelle,  Thank you for your thoughtful insights.  I wish AC had a change in heart, but I think not.  AC had just learned another healing modality, and wanted to offer it to me.  When she suggested coming to see me that week, she also happened to make a sour comment about Muslims.  I just sighed and changed the subject.  Then I felt my wall come up.  I just couldn’t be around AC’s energy, especially if she was working on me. 

The sad thing is, she can be loving and kind.  And the bittersweet thing is, AC is the one who years ago told me I was a lightworker.  She claimed to recognize it in me.  At the time, I rolled my eyes – “that’s so woo woo,” I thought.  And now I’m questioning her loving kindness.  Is that fair?   Isn’t that judgmental?  But what am I to think, when she shows a side that I don’t recognize?  And more to the point, that I abhor? 

This whole T**** phenomena … I believe it ties into our collective trauma.   Each of us, responding to it in our own way.   Fear, anger, paralysis, judgment, hatred of self, hatred of others … exposed, waiting to be healed. 

When I scan AC, I feel her anger.  It’s deep, and it’s old.  I know that she's had a very tough life – fought for everything she’s gotten.  Lost a lot too.   

It's been a challenging 3 years for all of us.  It’s so difficult to feel that initial shock, when an unexpected and unwelcome truth is revealed about someone close to you.   Some of these relationships have changed because of that truth – some even gone forever – but they’ve been part of the beautiful tapestry of my life.  .And I wouldn’t go back and change a thing.

lenor, TriciaCT, Unk p and 3 people reacted
(@lovendures)

I struggle with my feelings and my actions in this  Time of Trump.  

Perhaps Trump is here in this time and place to be the catalyst for change in our nation and our world. 

On the other hand, perhaps  he is actually here to challenge us as individuals.  

Could Trump somehow be our own personal test?  How do we  individually react to him, his dictates and the fallout from his decisions?

My moral compass tells me that while I am headed in the right direction, I am not there yet. I am not exactly sure where "there" is either.   How does one in fact  show  respect for  those who support Trump and Trump beliefs without compromising their own personal  values?   When is it ok to walk away to keep the peace and when is walking away allowing the problem to grow un-checked?.   

Trump is my moral dilemma.

Every. Single. Day.

How I react to him,  privately and publicly.

How I react to how others react to him.  

Whether I choose to simply acknowledge the elephant in the room, reveal said elephant is in the room to others in the room with him, demand said elephant be humanly cared for or find a place for said  elephant where it can thrive in an ideal elephant friendly environment. 

Michele, lenor, deetoo and 7 people reacted
(@jaidy)
Noble Member Registered

We all have the potential for perfect love in us and make choices along the path. We will all get there eventually but as we work through or create new karma we make choices. When dealing with someone who likes trump we can appreciate that they are really love but they have not figured it out yet and appreciate the seed of potential in them. We are all one- like an ocean you can not separate one drop of water from another- we cannot see each other as separate because we all come from the same source this vast ocean of love. When we separate ourselves from others we do a disservice to ourselves- we have struggled too, have mercy. You can’t create a community by cutting someone out or off. My parents and many family members are trump supporters and it’s a bummer but to support someone like that you have to be filled w pain and confusion. It must be hard but I can offer love, not acceptance of their beliefs, not even staying silent- but when I ask questions about how they think framed in a way they can hear I think sometimes they can see. I used to think I was better than them during the bush years- they just didn’t get it, they were backward thinking- but I don’t think like that anymore- it serves no one.

lenor, Lovendures, lenor and 1 people reacted
(@yogagirl)
Famed Member Registered

Good conversation!  I struggle everyday with controlling my anger, no matter how hard we try, if we really care about our country and our moral integrety it has to make us upset.  My best friend, who is not a trumpette but is a little more conservative then I am, said you just can't let anything control your life like that. She's right you can't.  I have family I haven't seen or spoken to for years over the political atmosphere in this country.  We were raised side by side but couldn't be more different.  They were raised to believe they were entitled, I was raised to believe I was inferior.  They are extremely unhappy because their life isn't how they expected. BooHoo.  I learned to appreciate who I am and what I have and can share with others.  Thank you Yoga practice! 

Kentucky update.  I saw a video on facebook today,\.  Another large coal company has filed Chapter 11. This effects miners in four state..  The miners received a text or email telling them not to come to work. Next their banks called to let them know their last paychecks bounced.  Because they aren't offically layed off they can't file for unemployment.  No one is answering their questions or returning their calls.  Many can't buy cloths and school supplies for their kids.  This is the THIRD big coal company to file since May 2019.  What a great job Moron has done to bring back the coal industry!  I still haven't given up hope these people will see the light and vote Moron and MoscowMitch out of office but you never can tell.

lenor, Unk p, deetoo and 5 people reacted
(@deetoo)

They were raised to believe they were entitled, I was raised to believe I was inferior.  They are extremely unhappy because their life isn't how they expected. BooHoo.  I learned to appreciate who I am and what I have and can share with others. 

@yogagirl :  Wow.  What a deep, clear perception of life!

Jeanne Mayell, lenor, Jeanne Mayell and 1 people reacted
(@lovendures)

Jaidy- I love what you had to say, thanks for sharing your thoughts.  

Yogagirl- How sad for the coal miner families.  3 filing for bankruptcy and you know there will be little support coming from this admin.   

(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

Posted by: @jholmes
Posted by: @suspira44

@jholmes

Probably not going to happen until he's defeated at the ballot box. I think the press is one thing that needs some deep structural reform. It needs to not be for-profit, for one thing. Or at least have a trusted news source available that is not. And there should be penalties for spreading misinfo and lies when it's damaging to our country, just like on SM. Maybe that ones of the deep reforms President Pete can bring about. ? 

The best non-profit reporting comes from ProPublica I subscribe to them and I contribute monthly. They are amazing.

JHolmes, Jeanne Mayell, JHolmes and 1 people reacted
(@jholmes)
Honorable Member Registered

@laura-f

Thanks! I'll check pro publica out.

Jeanne Mayell, LalaBella, Jeanne Mayell and 1 people reacted
(@sagetarotpisces)
Reputable Member Registered

I wanted to also comment on the lightworkers who doubled as trump supporters by night. 

I have thought about this a lot, and even moreso in that there are very kind intelligent and empathic people i know who also support that man. 

As a therapist I have really dug deep- and here’s what I found. Psychics, lightworkers and empaths are highly connected, but like all of us we are also human. You know how when reading tarot for yourself, sometimes it is clouded by your own emotions? I think this is something similar. Their human side is potentially too close to the situation to see clearly. I believe that many of his supporters are not bad people deep down, and I also believe they truly think they are doing good by supporting this man.

As a psychotherapist I have learned a few things- one of them being that people who want to so badly believe they are good are highly adept at convincing themselves they are doing good even if it is blatantly evil at face value. I have seen it in many ways, but to me it strikes as that persons path, one which allows them to make great change and growth before reaching its darkets, most repressed point. To me, in trump supporters i see many people who want to so badly believe he is good, innocent, and kind hearted. Likely they have witnessed this, being told to them over and over for years by their friends and family, community, or even the news they watch. Many people deeply struggle with coming to terms with the darker sides of the ones they love end especially themselves. When they form these beliefs they are tightly woven into their identity. And no matter how upfront the evil is (concentration camps, racism, bigotry, rape etc) their brain will do anything to protect itself from feeling the pain of confronting the truth. Confronting the truth, admitting the evil, would mean admitting the evil within themselves and the ones they love. Many people do this. Think of a woman who is married to a violent man who kidnaps children? The human psyche is rather fantastic and powerful and will go to immense lengths to protect itself from pain (this is why we have repressed memories, out of body experiences during traumatic events, dissociation, denial, etc). To me, I see many who perhaps are not in the place to confront that pain. The pain of realizing who and what they support. These people often carry a lot of repressed guilt and shame- and imagine how enticing trump must be- coming to them and telling them “you dont have to be guilty anymore, you are the REAL victim, its them who is bad, and i will save you!” 

I think for lightworkers, they are not immune to this. It is easy to misinterpret emotion. And incorrectly assign an emotion to an energy in a way that helps them keep this fragile world view together. Admitting it would shatter their psyche. It is why we see women who have suffered abuse themselves aiding an abuser in their abuse of another woman, and why many people will commit atrocities and until they are finally woken up to their actions they believe they are actually doing good. In my mind it is a form of delusional thinking to help build up a world view that protects them from addressing pain of a past trauma. Perhaps it is they who need healing and love. I hope this helps. :)

Just my two cents. 

Jeanne Mayell, Baba, LalaBella and 11 people reacted
(@vestralux)

This response is for @deetoo regarding her psychic friend and lightworker who is also a Trump supporter, but I hope many more here will read it. 

Putin's "active measures" to change the minds and alter the behaviors of "persuadables" in America (and elsewhere) in the run-up to the 2016 elections—and likely well before it—successfully targeted not only those on the farthest right, but many many people on the far left.

There were all of the Facebook, Twitter, etc. campaigns that very effectively convinced progressives to vote for Jill Stein (i.e., "Vote your conscience, because Hillary is diabolical and Trump will never win!"), and the ample "Bernie Bro" campaigns which did the same. But for years now, Putin's RT Network—which is absolutely a propaganda news arm of his administration—has successfully embedded itself into not only the Western far right and far left political movements, but also into the spiritual movements represented by both sides: the evangelical-Rush Limbaugh-listening-militia-sympathizing Christian right, and the "fringe," (aka starseed, ascension-seeking, lightworking, etc.) spiritual left.

Believe me or don't, but these two groups have more in common than we may want to think, starting with the fact that both often feel disenfranchised and ostracized by the mainstream and academic communities, and are willing to believe some pretty unconventional things.

Anyone here familiar with Gaia TV? They're a huge retail corporation with an online network which creates all kinds of holistic health and mind-body-spirit streaming content. They also offer loads of series hosted by unconventional academics, authors, and media personalities in the ancient civilizations/alien disclosure/spiritual conspiracy-type space. Over the years, some of these hosts have slowly and subtly gone over-the-edge in favor of a Bannon-esque "destroy the deep state" mentality, with a few even becoming outspoken Trump supporters on their own platforms. These are all compassionate, spiritual people, mind you. (Some of them even now believe that climate change is a hoax perpetuated by a dark cabal, with the "truth" being that all planets in our solar system are undergoing climactic flux or some such...)

Oliver Stone's son, Sean Stone, has a conspiracy type show on the Gaia network (e.g., Hollywood occult secrets, alien mysteries, etc.). His father has become bizarrely pro-Putin in recent years, and a lot of the Hollywood occult conspiracy stuff the network puts out feels like thinly veiled anti-semitism to me (generally speaking; not making allegations against Sean Stone or anyone in particular). It all feels very Alex Jones-alarmism in nature, and I'm certain this is by design. Putin understands better than anyone how to sow doubt and psychological chaos to his own ends.

I occasionally listen to The Young Turks. I'm a progressive and always will be. Unfortunately, I've seen where TYT hosts have sometimes gone in with RT, which admittedly, has some intelligent American reporters and seemingly good content. But that's clever strategy—and we're swallowing it all the time. 

In the digital epoch, we have to be more careful and more informed every minute. Nothing about us will ever be anonymous again. It doesn't matter that we use VPNs or never write our real names; everything about who we are that matters is traced in what we buy and consume, what we read and watch and type and "like," and simply where we spend our time. If we find ourselves outliers to the mainstream because of unconventional political ideas or spiritual beliefs, we are sitting targets for a potent and contemporary form of brainwashing. 

Jeanne Mayell, herondreams, deetoo and 11 people reacted
(@bluebelle)

Thank you, VestraLux.  What an interesting post.  I had never considered the possibility of Russians targeting the spiritual left as well as the Evangelical right.  We need to be vigilant and protect ourselves during this era of misinformation and propaganda.  It’s scary to think how much of our lives are tracked by our purchases, donations, our reading habits and participation in social media.  I dropped off Facebook a year and a half ago because of privacy concerns, well that and outrage over the manipulation of Facebook users in the 2016 election.  I had a Gaia membership for a short time for the yoga videos and was surprised how much other video content was available.  Some of it was pretty far out.

i continue to have concerns about my personal privacy and limit my participation on social platforms.  Yet, I read Twitter daily and follow this site.  I am so glad to have met the like minded, intelligent people who participate in this forum.  

lenor, Michele, deetoo and 7 people reacted
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

Everyone watch The Great Hack on Netflix asap. Very enlightening. And anxiety producing. But it really ties together how data is what's being used to influence humans. Successfully. And not for the common good.

It helps link how data mining is being used to create false information on multiple levels. From Brexit to our 2016 elections to Ghana, this is a worldwide problem with no end in sight.  I believe this is what is accounting for much of the delusional behavior of so many. They're being fooled.

Jeanne Mayell, Sagetarotpisces, lenor and 11 people reacted
(@vestralux)

@bluebelle

I've been piecing this theory together for some time now, and I believe there's more than substantial evidence to suggest that foreign political actors are actively and effectively dividing our population along every possible ideological line. Belief is the underlying architecture of any society. If you can hack a culture's most basic system of beliefs—without it even knowing—you've made yourself its master.

I've only seen suggestions that Russia may be influencing the evangelical right, but it stands to reason it's coming at us from all sides. I haven't personally seen anyone make the same claim about the spiritual left, but I'm sure others are seeing it and I just haven't read about it yet. (For the same reasons you mentioned, I haven't been active on social media in a few years, so there's a lot I miss.)

I also briefly had a Gaia account, mainly for the yoga videos and certain Cosmos style documentaries. I took notice of the type of series I described right around late 2015, when I also happened to be doing some investigative work into the alt right. When 2016 hit, I was astonished and horrified—like we all were—and it felt eerie and a little too on-the-nose that all those conspiracy don't-trust-your-government videos were there on an otherwise spiritual platform.

I'd watched enough to know what they were about and because I'd done that, YouTube started automatically suggesting dozens of RT videos, along with Alex Jones and David Icke-type content. As I learned more about the complex web of connections among figures like Stephen Miller, Steve Bannon, Nigel Farage, Julian Assange (so many more I could name in this list), Cambridge Analytica, and the Russian-sponsored cyberattack of our election process, it all fell together.

Like you, I greatly limit my exposure and participation. Plus, I take extended periods of seclusion when I need to (being a hermit is a healing choice for me). But I'm acutely grateful for the beauty of this community, and its soft light and healing intention. ?  

Jeanne Mayell, lenor, Michele and 11 people reacted
(@vestralux)

Posted by: @laura-f

Everyone watch The Great Hack on Netflix asap.

I know I said the same thing the other day, but since Laura appears to feel just as passionately, I'm going to second this here:

WATCH THIS. It's the most important thing you'll see all year.  

Jeanne Mayell, lenor, LalaBella and 3 people reacted
Page 4 / 6
Share: