The Kushner dots in...

Notifications
Clear all

The Kushner dots intensely coalescing...

(@iogazer)
Estimable Member Registered
Topic starter  

Kushner + Qatar=quid-pro-quo of Russian oil money for Trump policy change on sanctions

Looking like Russians trying to get around sanctions by funneling assets through Qatar:

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/03/a-series-of-revelations-about-jared-kushner-have-added-further-credence-to-a-key-claim-of-the-steele-dossier.html

See also embedded link to podcast with business news' Bloomberg.com reporter

In considering all these new revelations and how they might connect to the old ones, it’s important to remember Jared Kushner’s business history. Tim O’Brien of Bloomberg Business News laid out that history beautifully in a June Trumpcast interview with Slate Group chairman Jacob Weisberg.

KB and KB reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Logazar, thanks for posting the Bloomberg News story. Also thanks for setting up this topic.  Jared Kushner deserves his own thread. 

The Bloomberg story is a 25 minute tape worth listening to.  Here are the main points I took from it:

They feel that Kushner is a naive guy who is also not very bright.  (I was surprised at this revelation, if it's correct.) His poor judgement, and his ignorant and frankly lazy decision-making put him in danger of spending the rest of his life in prison, bankrupting his family's fortune, and worst of all - put the U.S. national security at risk. As the reporters put it, we put Bambi in charge of national security. 

He made moves that he could easily have gotten him caught. Then he was caught. But they ask how could he have been so naive?

(a) He asked the Russians  to set up for him a  treasonous secret back-channel communications system with them, without realizing that he'd definitely get caught, and without realizing that the Russians could black mail him for it, which would be very bad for him and worse for our national security.

(b) He met with Russian ambassador Sergi Kislyack without realizing that he would definitely get caught, then denying it in his security clearance application, also something he should have known he'd get caught for, and without realizing that the Russian ambassador is, according to the reporter, a notorious spy recruiter. Again, his moves hurt him and our national security.

(c)  He put himself and the country at risk again when he met with the Russian banks who the reporters said everyone knows are essentially the Kremlin itself.  They also pointed out that many of these Kremlin-associated agents have gone to spy school. 

(d) He risked his family's fortune when he bought the most expensive building in NYC (666 Fifth Avenue) without doing due diligence.  If  he had done a little bit of  homework, he would have realized the building's rental income was not covering its mortgage.  Seriously, if you were going to buy a rental property, wouldn't you be concerned if the rents were not covering the mortgage, and the building needed a lot of work?  My own reaction to this point is that  he probably did not that the rents didn't cover the mortgage, but he was banking on NYC prime real estate continuing to rise. Also the building needs a lot of work. 

Add to that unfortunate purchase, his terrible timing -- 2008 -- when the country was due for a crash, and now his family's portfolio has a big hole in it.

(e) So at this point he is ifinancial jeopardy.  His billion dollar mortgage on the building is due in 2019 with a huge balloon payment. What does he do?  He plunges head first into trying to get loans from foreign governments, including the Chinese, and the Russians, using his new White House job as head-of-everything to attract loans. 

(f) He put the President in  worst danger the he already was  by pushing to have him fire Comey. 

(f) The gist of it all is that our country's national security has been in the hands of an amateur who is no match for the wily and experienced experts from Russia, China, Saudi Arabia, and Israel.

When something whispered in my ear last March,  Jared Kushner is going to jail, I didn't know  most of these facts about him.  But the voice was loud and clear. Now I can see how prison could  unfold for him.

Lola, Anita, KB and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@natalie)
Noble Member Registered

Part of me has a hard time believing that Kushner is this naive and/ or stupid. It seems impossible to make these kind of blunders without realizing he'd be caught. He seems very tense, I think he knows the mess he's in or at least has a sense of it. 

Jeanne Mayell, KB, Jeanne Mayell and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@paul-w)
Noble Member Registered

I would chalk it up to unbridled hubris. He doesn't know what he doesn't know and it isn't interested in finding out. He's made some spectacularly bad business moves as a result.

Lola, Jeanne Mayell, Lola and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Lola
(@lola)
Reputable Member Registered

wow Jeanne...Agree with Paul, and Jared's ignorance and lack of a moral compass has no bounds! Like father like son...also he stupidly bought the NY Observer newspaper, not the best move when traditional publishing is having a hard time generating revenue.  What just upsets me to no end is that the press has not called out what all these men and woman in the Trump circle are: TRAITORS! They literally sold their souls and our country to the highest bidder i.e. Russia. It still shocks me when I think about it...

Jeanne Mayell, Bee, Jeanne Mayell and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Lola, I think the reason the media is holding back on the term traitor is because it is such a harsh word, and since DT became president, they have been more reluctant to use words like that. Also possibly because they are waiting for the evidence Mueller is gathering and then for the courts to decide.  

The  NY Times Maggie Haberman spoke about not using the word liar to describe Trump even though he has told over a thousand lies since rising to power.  Her view is that it's better to show him lying than to call him a liar. Perhaps it's the same with the word traitor. 

You may remember that when he was running for office, the Huffington Post added the following to the bottom every story about Trump:

"Editor’s note: Donald Trump regularly incites political violence and is a serial liar, rampant xenophobe, racist, misogynist and birther who has repeatedly pledged to ban all Muslims — 1.6 billion members of an entire religion — from entering the U.S."

They decided to end the practice when he became president out of respect for the office of the President and a desire, they said, to start with a clean slate. They said they'd put it back in if he continued to show these traits, but he has and they never did. I think they are, sadly, having to deal with a new environment in which using those words could brand them as biased. 

Lola and Lola reacted
ReplyQuote
 Lola
(@lola)
Reputable Member Registered

I see your point and agree with you Jeanne It's complicated... and yes Maggie Haberman @NYT has done a great job covering this president, her writing has been measured and restrained which is so important with this out of control person.

ReplyQuote
Share: