Brent Kavanaugh Sup...

Notifications
Clear all

Brent Kavanaugh Supreme Court Nominee

(@marley)
Estimable Member Registered

For what it is worth, I'm sharing the results of Tarot cards I just threw a few minutes ago, before we know the results of the Judicial Committee's vote. To me, the crucial vote will be Jeff Flake's. My first spread was a double 5-card spread, asking how Flake felt about Kavenaugh. The left hand spread asked how he felt about voting yes for Kavenaugh's confirmation; the right hand spread asked how he felt about voting no. Here are the results:

Left Spread: Center: 8 of Swords, Left: Page of Wands, Right: The Hanged Man, Bottom: Knight of Pentacles, Top: Justice Reversed. The Page of Wands is urging him to use his intuition and be a bit rebellious; the Knight of Pentacles urges him to do what he is expected to do, unimaginative, duty-bound to vote with the republicans.  He is feeling trapped by these two choices as evidenced by the 8 of swords, sort of damned if I do, and damned if I don't. The Hanged Man reinforces this feeling of being caught in a situation that is in many ways out of his control and is unwinnable for him. However, Justice reversed tells him that if he votes yes, Justice will, indeed, be denied.

Right Spread: Center: The Sun reversed; Left: 3 of Cups; Right: The Devil reversed; Bottom: 7 of Wands; Top: The Hermit. The 3 of cups seems to indicate that a no vote will lead to rejoicing, particularly among women; the 7 of wands is urging him to hold fast to his core values-don't give up to inevitability, keep fighting; the Sun reversed shows that while the general outcome of a no vote will lead to a sunnier future for the country, it will mean some sadness for him as a person; the Hermit reinforces this feeling, and he will be ostracized by the republicans, but he will be known as a truth-seeker as a result; the Devil reversed nonetheless indicates that a no vote will free him from the bondage imposed by the republican party, and he will be free to seek his own way.  

My reaction to these cards was that it will be a tough decision for Flake, but his better angels will prevail and Kavenaugh will not get past the Committee. My second spread was to try to confirm this, so I asked how Kavenaugh would be feeling after today's Committee vote.

Center: 10 of cups reversed; Left: 8 of swords reversed; Right: 10 of swords reversed; Bottom: Hierophant reversed; top Knight of cups. The number of reversed cards says that if nothing else, something just isn't right. While the 8 of swords reversed seems to indicate some hope, that hope comes out of absolute despair; the Hierophant reversed shows the usual way of doing things are turned on its head and that if he is approved it will be through subversive means. I'm still learning to interpret Knights, but I think the knight of cups may simply be Kavenaugh's imagination running wild as he desperately hopes he will be confirmed. The 10 of cups and 10 of Swords, both reversed, seem to say that it's all over for him. Tens are culminations of events or journeys; the 10 of cups reversed represents dashed hopes and dreams; the 10 of swords reversed says it can't get any worse than this and that the only way to go is up. Unfortunately for Kavenaugh, I don't think that means he will eventually make it to the Supreme Court, but rather that his life can still be of purpose and meaning but must take a different direction.

If nothing else, I am sending Jeff Flake positive feelings that urge him to stand fast to what is right, to put country ahead of party, and even himself. Fingers crossed.

ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator

Jeff Flake is my senator.  I had hope last night that he would be a light.  I wrote a message to him through his government website last night and encouraged my Arizona friends to do the same. I am sure there were thousands I understand his voice mail was full.  The fact that he announced he will vote to confirm him is Soooooooooo beyond disappointing.  Not unexpected but just beyond...

I am so disgusted.

I am curious, has anyone here has looked to get a sense of who released FORD'S confidential email and what the motive was?  I actually think it is important to know and hope the  FBI will find out.  If Feinstein was  being honest, I wonder if her account or another account could have been hacked.  The Republican senators on that committee sure are justifying a lot of their actions on the assumption that Feinstein released it.  If she or her staff did not release it, we could have a big problem on our hands such as additional meddling or interference by other governments.  If Feinstein/ staff did release it, why?  Did the Post somehow get it and release it?  

Marley, KB, Marley and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@rosieheart)
Famed Member Registered

This morning, I woke with a sense of dread, turned on the radio and heard that Flake is voting yes.   This is the first time that I have thought that things were truly hopeless for America.  I have never felt so disillusioned and afraid.  Sorry to be such a sad sack, but I can't shake this feeling of being overwhelmed by darkness.

KB, LalaBella, KB and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

I had initially way back heard the word "confirmed" from the beginning.  Perhaps I was picking up the GOP determination to get him confirmed.  They are resolute.  Perhaps their determination is all they need since they have the votes.

What I do feel is that he is screwed either way.  If confirmed,  he will be toast once the government turns blue and he will be ousted and shamed.  He is the last and worst of the Supreme Court judges.  

Patience and time.  Don't give up.  We will get through this.  

The darker they go, the sooner they seal their fate. The GOP is going down.  Women will take it down.  Demeter will have her revenge for the kidnapping and rape of her innocent daughter, the goddess of  springtime.  And new life will be restored.  It took ten thousand years to get to this point of utter destruction by patriarchy.  The U.S.A. has always been ruled by patriarchy,  with the GOP a concentration of this dark destructive energy.

Life will assert itself. The feminine is rising. The mothers will bring this dark misogynist down.  Patience!  And activism. We must fight and make sure we get out the vote. 

mariad, kksali, RunestoneOne and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Jess - I agree with you.  He is their downfall. 

mariad, LalaBella, RunestoneOne and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

This is video today taken of Flake being confronted by 2 sexual assault survivors in an elevator. 

I think everyone appears broken, a reflection or our nation.

On a side note, I can't believe there was no security nearby, especially with what is going on.

https://www.npr.org/2018/09/28/652530243/watch-assault-victims-confront-jeff-flake-after-saying-he-will-vote-for-kavanaug?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=20180928

ReplyQuote
(@triciact)
Illustrious Member Registered

Does everyone see if this is the last judge that Trump will be able to confirm? I too am a bit sad today...I know that everything is happening for a reason but it's tough sometimes...just hope this is the last one Trump gets in.

KB, RosieHeart, KB and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 lynn
(@lynn)

Trump's been talking about having another shot at putting a justice on the court. I don't know if he means replacing RBG, or if Clarence Thomas plans to retire. I hope he doesn't get another shot. If the dems can take the senate (a long short but not impossible) then all confirmations can stop.

I too am feeling pretty low. My worst fear is that with 5 reliable extremists on the court, the right wing doesn't even need politicians anymore. Future progressive legislation can be challenged in court and overturned by SCOTUS. The right wing can cultivate lawsuits with the goal of making new laws. We'll have an increasingly diverse and progressive country essentially governed by a bunch of entitled white guys. It's a recipe for disaster. They can end what's left of the voting rights act, union rights, the fair housing act, not to mention not just Roe, but the right to privacy itself, which doesn't explicitly appear in the constitution.

I know things are never as bad as they seem, and you can't really project the worst case scenario as being a done deal, but it's not a great day for anyone who values decency and integrity. That said, Jeanne has been predicting a descent followed by a rebuilding, so I am trying to remain hopeful.

As for the treatment of women, almost everyone has a story. Those stories are being told now. A silver lining I suppose. It's good for things that used to be a source of shame to be brought out into the light.

Unk p and Unk p reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

Keep sending love and light to Flake.  Something appears to be going on right now in the committee.

Marley and Marley reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

Democratic senators are in an anti room meeting with Flake right now.  Keep sending that love and light.

Marley and Marley reacted
ReplyQuote
(@vestralux)

I'm also a survivor. Yesterday, I wrote and deleted a post attempting to address some of my experiences. Suffice it to say that like many of you, I've known multiple forms of abuse and assault, through childhood and as an adult—by those closest to me, by authorities (at least three doctors and a member of clergy), and others I should have been able to trust.

At this stage in my life, I feel whole and healed. And I'm grateful for everything I've been through. But this morning/today, I can feel the exquisite pain we've all been holding, and in particular, the pain of not being believed. It's palpable. My heart's breaking.    

A Supreme Court seat is the highest position of authority, honor, and trust in the United States. It is a lifetime appointment. Those in the position potentially have the power of deciding cases which may impact presidents. 

Brett Kavanaugh showed the nation, at the very least, that he lacks judicial temperament. By refusing to concede to an FBI investigation, he showed he has no regard for routine or essential investigatory diligence. And by descending so vehemently and publicly into partisan (Trumpian) conspiratorial attacks against Democrats, whether or not he can ever again meet the rules for Judicial Conduct is entirely and legitimately at question. 

There are dark forces at work, yes. But even if we see him nominated, there's a very potent catalytic effect, and that's another Tower-strike with a light-bringing end result. I see no outcome where he remains in that seat, and a blue wave will wash over DC like a tsunami, come hell AND high water. (Putin's army is another matter, of course.) 

Also, the first time I saw Kavanaugh's face in the news (when it was announced he'd been selected by Trump), I got an instant hit that he had dark sexual secrets. For me, likely because of my childhood, when this comes up the first thing I tend to go to is crimes against children. I fully recognize my bias here, so I set it aside. When the onslaught of female accusers came pouring out, it was validating, but yesterday while watching the hearing [I physically couldn't bear his energy (I'm sure many of us couldn't) and wanted to mute him], I couldn't look away from his wife. She looked to me like the archetypal Eight of Swords figure. She appeared bound and gagged and blindfolded, but not unseeing. I sense that she's seen too much but feels trapped. And I'd wager that something she knows is going to catch up to him. 

TriciaCT, mariad, SDJ and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@runestoneone)
Noble Member Registered

Lynn, the fact that everyone has a story may be the whole point. It took this situation to get some of us to dust off the box we keep our stories in, and get in touch with our feelings about the matter. Women have been energized and activated and are not going back. 

RosieHeart, mariad, Jeanne Mayell and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

Something is continuing to happen Flake related.  Continue to send that love and light.  

RosieHeart, KB, Jeanne Mayell and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 lynn
(@lynn)

Exactly RunestoneOne!  I've been telling my male friends this week, and my significant other, that not only do most women have a story to tell, but that we don't even talk about it, not even to each other. Because it's the way things are. Like taking a shower or brushing your teeth, something that just IS. If you're a girl or a woman, you have to navigate the world of men-behaving-badly and it's just the way things have always been. I was rattling off all the things I endured, and I wasn't ever assaulted, at least not in a way that left me traumatized. But cat-calls, name-calling, pressuring, harassment, on and on. When I actually put it into words, the men I was telling my stories to were shocked. And I was like, this is nothing, I know women who've been molested, raped, fired. So yes, this is the point. These stories will be told, and it will change our culture, painfully, but for the better.

Just look at this section of the forum.  It's exploded with comments. No more secrets.

Jeanne Mayell, KB, mariad and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

I am crying.  I am so proud of my 2 Arizona senators ( Flake and the late John McCain) during this Trump Administration. 

I can't believe what just happened.  This decision is right and it is good.  

May the investigation be just.  

Jeanne Mayell, Marley, mariad and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@rosieheart)
Famed Member Registered

Flake did the right thing.  An FBI investigation may not turn out to support Dr. Ford, but at least the Senate (and the public) will have more factual information.   

(P.S., I immediately thought of John McCain too.  Perhaps he pulled some strings for America today.  :)  )

Jeanne Mayell, mariad, KB and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)

Bless you for sharing, Vestralux.  Opening up to our own most painful experiences for the purpose and good of our innate communion as one body, one heart, and one soul manifesting as many is a true gift to all of us.

Yes, many of us have been sick, in horrible pain, or triggered back to experiences that have been put away whether for protection and our safe mental keeping, or because of deep and very hard additional experiences and understandings now are able to see the light, feel the grace, and help others with our gifts.

Your vulnerability and your strength, your light, and your gifts of hope empower all of us and brings many of us to tears as do each and every single sharing,  releasing, and declaration of their truth here and throughout this nation and our world.

We are incredibly blessed to have you as a member of this forum, our group, and to have you share your insights and your gifts with all of us, heart and soul. This single post has been as powerful and as meaningful as any we have ever had the privilege to receive. Bless you with deepest of gratitude.

Bless you all.

Jeanne Mayell, KB, RosieHeart and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@vestralux)

I am so proud of your Arizona senators too! John McCain was in that space, I have no doubt. As I was sending love and light, I could feel the collective nature of it building. So many people were contributing!

Then, in session when Flake explained his decision and said that he'd made it because the country is being torn apart, my heart leapt. And when Grassley abruptly called an end and everyone looked utterly confused, the angst and fury seemed to blow right out of the room. 

I don't know whether the investigation will be enough for them (it wasn't in Anita Hill's case), but this was a powerful and positive turn, and I think we should all feel uplifted by it. Even the small steps toward reunification are giant.

Jeanne Mayell, mariad, SDJ and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

VestralLux, your words today have been spoken with love .  I am sorry for what you have endured in the past but grateful you have healed and our able to be a light for us here.  I also don't know what the investigation will produce but feel that at least we have moved forward.  Flake is purple today, A bright purple.  

Jeanne Mayell, mariad, RosieHeart and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@vestralux)

Your name is well chosen, Lovendures. It does. And thank you. My personal belief is that I chose my experiences before coming in for the growth of my soul, so I'm not sorry for any of them. 

Flake is a man of traditional values, a hallmark of his party, but I see him as one who's been integrating the genuine nobility of those values, which exemplify order, honor, authority, and respect. When those values haven't been integrated, they can show up as rigidity, hierarchy (emphasis on lording power over instead of the responsibility of power as service), patriarchy, misogyny, homophobia, transphobia, racism, xenophobia, nativism, tribalism, and all the rest. 

Learning to respect order, authority, hierarchy, and codes of honor, etc. is usually emphasized sometime in early life, so most of us have developed through the traditional value set by the time we're fully formed adults. Conservatives remain in that center of gravity; its where they most resonate, for better and for worse. Nothing wrong with that. But if we keep going (into progressive or post-modern and other value sets) and then choose to forever reject core traditional values rather than eventually to integrate (and thereby elevate) them, we'll remain at war not only with conservatives, but with an essential part of ourselves. 

I believe this very thing is a major source of the current divisiveness we see around us. We are one collective body, and we're growing up as that body as much as we are as individuals. Or we're meant to, I think. 

(Apologies for any preachiness in this.)

RosieHeart, Jeanne Mayell, Marley and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 7 / 15
Share: