Notifications
Clear all

Lenormand

(@sistermoon)
Famed Member Registered
Topic starter  

Does anyone else read Lenormand? If so, I'd be happy to share/discuss readings! 

DolphinSpirit, Unk p, Laynara and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)
Illustrious Member Registered

@sistermoon

Fascinating! I'd never even heard of them. I did a search and found this:

Lenormand Card Meanings and Combinations List – Labyrinthos

Lenormand Cards are an alternative system of cartomancy, similar to Tarot but also different in purpose, feeling and structure. Unlike Tarot, Lenormand is a much more practical deck - focusing somewhat less on psychological feelings and instead on everyday happenings.

You'll notice when reading with Lenormand decks, that these cards tend to focus on practical matters - Tarot focuses on the "why", while Lenormand tends to focus on the "how".

With 36 cards in the deck, the Lenormand system generally gives more clarity when using pairs of cards instead of individual drawings.

When combined with Tarot meanings these two systems create a powerful effect - giving you a clearer overall picture of the reading.

https://labyrinthos.co/blogs/lenormand-cards

Jeans3head, Stargazer, Unk p and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@sistermoon)
Famed Member Registered
Topic starter  

@michele-b

Yes, I find Lenormand very good at predicting everyday, personal events. It's quite a different style than tarot, though, and takes some getting used to.

I haven't tried using it to predict 'big' events like what's happening politically and socially right now, but it would be interesting to try.

Stargazer, Unk p, Stargazer and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@sistermoon  I don't read it but I do own a deck. Not drawn to it, but if you posted a reading, I'd be curious.  :-)

Stargazer, Unk p, Laynara and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@sistermoon)
Famed Member Registered
Topic starter  

Ok so for this Lenormand reading I thought I would tackle the subject of Bill Barr. I don’t often use Lenormand for “worldly” events, as I find tarot better tackles the forces and energies at play in socio-political circles. However, in the interest of science, I thought it might make a good "experiment."

Specifically, I asked Spirit to clarify what will happen with Bill Barr in August. 

So here we have a 9-card spread. I chose the center card (which is called the “Gentleman” card in traditional Lenormand decks) to represent Barr, although I could easily have gone with the Bear to denote his position of power and authority. Ultimately, I thought it best not to give this mere mortal any more power than absolutely necessary. Animus it is!

Here is my analysis:

The foundations of what is happening now have been laid long ago. Barr is a loyal soldier who is but one of many in this war, but his smug exterior seems to hide some inner anxieties about his actions (or rather the consequences he may ultimately face because of them).

His goals are pretty simple. Glory is one, but also stability; he likely believes the glory and stability of America will be due to the actions he is taking now. I wonder how much we can attribute to an idolization of his father—is he trying to surpass his father’s achievements? Is he trying to make his father proud?

Barr is a loyal soldier to his cause, but I think it’s likely not all of his decisions are well thought-out. Hasty decisions are often sloppy ones, and it’s possible he is not the chess master he believes himself to be. I think he might fear this, which is why he has a plan to flee if necessary.

Bribery, along with his network of connections, have allowed him to rise this far. He serves faithfully—but this service may be coming to a quick end. It appears it will be his loyalty itself that undoes him. His actions—which he sees as necessary to the cause—will become the subject of such public outcry that it will be impossible for him to continue. It’s likely he will flee the US entirely if he feels the game is lost.

What does the future hold for him? The stability of his hold over the DOJ becomes compromised and a voyage is the result. His leaving will be a quick one—like Kaiser Sose at the end of the Usual Suspects. “And like that—poof!—he's gone!”

In this scenario, I do not see him being brought to justice, if such a thing would even be possible. He’s just gone, like a thief in the night.  

1596041135-lenormand.jpg

Sophie, numerologist, Jess and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@sistermoon)
Famed Member Registered
Topic starter  

This is a new Lenormand deck (I usually use a different, more traditional one) and I'm still getting a feel for how the colors can blend together to influence meaning. 

As I was reconsidering this reading, I looked again at the third column and saw the anchor, which in this layout almost appears to float in the atmosphere above the tower, suddenly falling alllll the way to earth, crashing right into and through the boat.

In this case, the ship would indicate not fleeing, but sinking. 

One can hope!

TriciaCT, FEBbby23, Stargazer and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@stargazer)
Illustrious Member Registered

@sistermoon

I really enjoyed your posts here on the new deck, and the very practical application of this Lenormand interpretation ...

The Thelema tarot deck is one that I've been drawn to lately, mainly for the gorgeous medieval artwork, and the major arcana cards are always a source of the 'bigger picture'....

You have a wonderful intuition with your reading style, and it occured to me that synthesizing the Astrological attributions to each arcana card (and the suits cards) is a good way to absorb the energies of the zodiac signs...

The sign Aquarius is attributed to the card 'The Star', and with the Full Moon in Aquarius coming up on August 3rd, and the star Sirius beaming it's light to Earth, this would be a good time to contemplate this card and how the effects are being produced within and all around you .... love your readings! ☀️

Jeans3head, TriciaCT, FEBbby23 and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@sistermoon)
Famed Member Registered
Topic starter  

@stargazer

great idea!!

I am a bit busy with work at the moment, but I'm hoping to grab a few key astrology books over the next few weeks and really start immersing myself in learning! Meanwhile, using the tarot as an introduction is a great place to start!

TriciaCT, FEBbby23, TriciaCT and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: