random questions about all kinds of things

(@jewels-2)
Noble Member Registered

@jeanne-mayell  That sounds lovely!

Jeanne Mayell and Lauren reacted
ReplyQuote
(@bluebelle)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@enkasongwriter Sometimes i have accurate readings for myself, but it’s not consistently accurate.  I rarely throw cards for myself and find that my intuitive insights are more reliable.  

Many years ago, I drove past Duke University Medical Center and had what I considered a random thought: “wouldn’t it be interesting to work in public relations there?” Now I had never considered that as a career option, in fact, I had never thought about it at all.  However, within a year I worked at that medical center and in two years I got a job in public relations there.  Now I look back at that thought and realize it was intution.  

Maybe you will have the same experience.  

2ndfdl, Maggieci, Lauren and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@elaineg)
Famed Member Registered

I need help with a dream. I live in a trailer since my house burned. The back door opens out (which I hate, and the dead bolt won't lock.) I woke up 3AM with beating on the back door. Now a dream with my late husband. He said "The back door is open". Is it something I should worry about?

Maggieci reacted
ReplyQuote
(@billy-mike)
Noble Member Registered

@elaineg Maybe you know someone who can repair or replace the lock.  You might sleep better.

Maggieci and Saga reacted
ReplyQuote
(@raincloud)
Famed Member Registered

@elaineg 

I agree with billy mike; find a way to latch the door; it will relieve your worries. Just in case, do a general security check. There are also some inexpensive bells and whistles that can serve as alarms.

Maggieci reacted
ReplyQuote
(@elaineg)
Famed Member Registered

@raincloud I would like to put a bar across the door, but it opens out. Why is it built like that? You're right, I don't feel safe.

Maggieci reacted
ReplyQuote
(@raincloud)
Famed Member Registered

@elaineg 

For tonight, until there is a better solution, would it work to tie something, a rope, a stretch band, (there are ropey things sold at hardware stores that lock, too) around the door knob and then around something secure inside the trailer? Later there could be lock installed, padlock-like, one side onto the door and then it would attach to the door frame or wall on the other side. It would not be lock-able from the outside, of course. If there is a landlord, he/she might be consulted.  There are also latches that are meant for one door that have simple alarms.

Search the internet for "door latches with alarms."

Handier folks than I might have other suggestions.

ElaineG and Maggieci reacted
ReplyQuote
(@elaineg)
Famed Member Registered

@raincloud -Thank you. I have thought of something like that, but haven't figured it out yet.

raincloud reacted
ReplyQuote
(@elaineg)
Famed Member Registered

Yesterday morning, I went out to feed my cats, and a Golden eagle swooped down in front of me, about six ft. off the ground. I was afraid because I had cats laying all around. I went around the front,, and this time he came right at me. I could look into his eyes. I thought well, I'll feed later in the day, but when  I was coming back from another feeding spot, I saw his shadow fly in front of the car. Does this eagle have a meaning for me, or did I just scare him off? I read an eagle this size could tack down a deer.

Lauren, Vesta, deetoo and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unk-p)
Illustrious Member Registered
Topic starter  

@elaineg for one thing, it means: Bring your cats inside immediately!

Lauren, Tara Prete, 2ndfdl and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@elaineg)
Famed Member Registered

@unk-p I feed the neighborhood, and live in a small trailer. i have a storage building they can get in. I just got three new cats that somebody left for me.  I want to know why an eagle came to town to see me.

Lauren, Vesta and Unk p reacted
ReplyQuote
(@marigold)
Noble Member Registered

@elaineg You might try sitting down and asking the Eagle. Just close your eyes and breathe, bring the Eagle or the Eagle spirit into your presence, and ask. Maybe have what you need to write down whatever comes to you. If the Eagle seems a little daunting, ask for the presence of an angel of guidance and protection as well.

I would have had to sit down in a state of awed overwhelm if that happened in my yard. You did well to hold yourself together!

Lauren, DannyBoy, Vesta and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@freya)
Noble Member Registered

@elaineg Eagles have different meaning in different cultures. They are revered by Native Americans, as close to the Creator and as a symbol of strength and freedom. 
Of course Golden Eagles love to feast on small animals… it may think all your cats are delectable bunnies with odd tails.

Lauren, Vesta, deetoo and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@elaineg)
Famed Member Registered

@freya Oh yeah, I worried about that, but he didn't try to grab one, and he had several he could have. The cats didn't know they should fear the large bird. I sure did. I'm trying to feed them before it gets light. Many of the cats that show up are wild, and can't be touched. I hope I don't have to fear any owls.

Lauren, Freya, JourneyWithMe2 and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unk-p)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @elaineg

@unk-p I feed the neighborhood, and live in a small trailer. i have a storage building they can get in. I just got three new cats that somebody left for me.  I want to know why an eagle came to town to see me.

I understand. I also have a cat farm (but mine is an inner city cat farm).  One of the many qualities the eagle is known for is its dedication to being a devoted parent.  Sounds a lot like you, taking care of people and animals in your neighborhood who need you.  Thank you, my friend.

Lauren, deetoo, JourneyWithMe2 and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@kathleen-m)
Estimable Member Registered

I seem to recall that we had a July prediction that this last series of indictments would be the knockdown blow for Trump, and the reason it's iffy that he gets the GOP nomination. I keep thinking that the RICO charges may well be his Waterloo, but anybody have a supposition for the specific legal issue in the Georgia case that may stop him in his tracks?

Lauren, DannyBoy and Vesta reacted
ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)

@elaineg I also feed the feral cats that come in my yard... as well as TNVR - trap,neuter,vaccinate,release. Thereby also feeding the raccoons,opossums, and other little critters too. Armadillos come for the grubs. The feral cats help control the mice,rat,chipmunk population at the barn. There are plenty of areas they can take shelter around my home as I have naturalized my yard years ago. I also.. feed the birds. I have hawks,owls...and...bald eagles. I have seen the hawks drop from the sky and take squirrels etc... and have had a Great Horned Owl float past my head when I walked my little dog at night for her last potty break. The Bald eagles here have never bothered with the small critters... there are enough road kill deer that they gravitate towards.... as do the crows and vultures. I feel the eagle was a message for you from Spirit. 

Lauren, raincloud, Unk p and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@kathleen-m, I just responded to your post under "Random Predictions 3".

Lauren reacted
ReplyQuote
(@elaineg)
Famed Member Registered

@journeywithme2 Yes, I feed most of those too. Not Owls so much, and Bald eagles seem to stay at the lake, and the dam. I believe in spirit  so thought it might be a message, but I'm dumb as to what.

ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)

@elaineg ask for clarification... it will come.

Lauren and ElaineG reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 4
Share: