Notifications
Clear all

Suggestions on clearing yourself for messages

(@mizmargo)
Estimable Member Registered
Topic starter  

Hello --

I'm interested in practical ways I can learn to be clear so that I can pick up on any messages that might come. When I was a teenager, I had several paranormal experiences -- one that temporarily opened a door to some other plane and really freaked me out (this happened in front of my parents) -- some psychic dreams of note, one out of body experience (that made me no longer afraid of death or the afterlife), and in my twenties, I was doing tarot for a bit and even managed to get a Magic 8 ball to work for me, lol. But, because my father was WAY too into New Ageism, I soured on the stuff and consciously have been blocking for years. I'm now 47, and in the last few years I've done the ouija board by myself a couple of times (I know, I know -- but I always say a "prayer" even though I'm an atheist basically and am very careful) and recently, one of my contacts appeared, as he said he would, at the hospital bed of my nephew when he was supposed to die. I hadn't told David about my contact, which happened only hours before, but did tell my wife, and the next day, she told me that David had told his mother that he had "dreamed" the man I saw was holding him and would not let him die. David is fine now.

Sooo... I am able to do a few things, or receptive to a few. I'm still sort of unwilling, as I saw how mysticism took over my father's life, but I'd like to try to be more open. I don't know how to properly meditate -- I don't get it. And when I've tried, my mind just races. I can never seem to focus on an image or serene scene to center myself. Or, I just fall asleep, lol. Any tips?

ReplyQuote
(@warriorwitch)
Honorable Member Registered

First, be patient. Sounds like there's a block developed from fear at a young age. You can ease your way back, but don't get frustrated if you're not totally open right away. It takes time.

Second, I would practice clearing and grounding techniques on a daily basis. This helps you practice, but also helps it not be so overwhelming. Try a visual of working your "roots" into the earth and breathe into them, stress emptying out thru them. Burning sage can really help clear the area.

Keep in mind, too, that eating helps ground you too. Sunlight helps strengthen the aura. And natural spaces gives you negative ions, which helps with mood. That in mind, this can help open up/close your abilities for when you need them.

Hope this helps...

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Nice advice, Meghan. Come to the May 8 online class Reading the Future. Join the Predictions Group. We will do a relaxing meditation that is guaranteed to get you out of your head.  Brian is good at leading meditation. He's going to do some of that with groups.  I also have tricks up my sleeve for getting people out of their heads.  Practice experiencing the world through your senses at least a few minutes a day.  Make a habit of being away when you are tense and taking deep breaths to get back to center.  When you get in bed at night, take one or two minutes to sit up, breathe, close your eyes, and keep breathing, feeling your butt on the mattress, use your hands to smooth away the tension on your face. Drop your shoulders, and B-R-E-A-T-H-E!

I've got a nice guided meditation on the media/meditations page of this website - called Loving Kindness meditation. It's free and very relaxing.

Another tip: Download Insight Timer to your phone (free) and use it to meditate just for a minute or two to some nice music (Like Moonlight).  Or tap on the guided meditation section, pick one of the shortest of the top 20. There's one that is only one minute long!  It gets you some success so you can develop the technique.   Go to bed to one of those sleep meditations - I love Yoga Nidra for Sleep which is the first of the top 20. 

That's enough for now.

ReplyQuote
 Dina
(@dina)

Jeanne, thank you for your advice on meditation. Im totally new to this, I love your loving kindness meditation. I will have a look at the others you suggest. Thank you. 

ReplyQuote
(@lynne)
Trusted Member Registered

I seem to have trouble lifting the veil in meditation. What ever visions I do receive are never clear. They are more sensory and vague. So I can't tell what they are or if they're real. Sometimes in dreams I see more but there is never any rhyme nor reason why a dream shows up. If I ask for guidance before sleep I usually don't get a response to my question. A dream shows up when it wants to. I presume I am experiencing some sort of blockage. Any thoughts?

ReplyQuote
(@mizmargo)
Estimable Member Registered
Topic starter  

Thank you so much, Jeanne and Warriowitch -- I'll try some of these in baby steps. Yes, I have a visceral reaction sometimes when I feel I'm getting close to being open. Just don't want too much stuff that I can't handle at one time. Your advice is very much appreciated!

ReplyQuote
(@warriorwitch)

Lynne, don't forget to ask then 'let go.' Totally forget about it. Sometimes we focus so much on it we forget to relax and let the answers come to us. I find it helpful to ask the question, focus on it for a second, then read a book or something.

ReplyQuote
(@lynne)
Trusted Member Registered

Thank you Warrior,  I will try that!

ReplyQuote
(@gracie)
Eminent Member Registered

Hi MizMargo - Please get rid of the Ouija board - it's dangerous.  My family had experiences with it that were scary.  I suggest getting a book called "Ouija the Most Dangerous Game"  that is really informative.  It came out years ago - Amazon probably has it.

ReplyQuote
Share: