Notifications
Clear all

Old Predictions for 2023 that were positive

(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

People are hopeful going into 2023. (Baba) Made 2/1/22 for 2023

The feeling is that we are relaxed, but weary. We are all worn out. (Carol/CC21) 2/1/22 for 2023

All of 2023: Overall sense of relief. I feel like COVID management is definitely getting to a point where it is not in the forefront of the news. The world is truly coming out of the pandemic. (Carol/CC21) Made 2/1/22 for 2023

All of 2023 will be a year of big weather changes and people mobilizing to curb climate change. A year of big innovation. (Clara) Made 2/1/22 for 2023

The IRS is restructured. (Baba) Made 2/1/22 for 2023

Major changes and adjustments are being made to tax legislation, finally. (Baba) 2/1/22 for 2023

A peaceful awakening is happening, and people are coming to their senses. (Sonali) Made 2/1/22 for 2023

Alternative energy technological advances in the news. (Carol/CC21) Made 2/1/22 for 2023

Balance is being restored within the country. (Kyle) Made 2/1/22 for 2023

Electric cars start becoming more popular than combustion ones. (Baba) Made 2/1/22 for 2023

I see science, CRISPER tech, and artificial technology in the news. This is a huge step in our progression. (Teri) Made 2/1/22 for 2023

Train travel finally being promoted for more sustainable transportation. It’s about time. (Jeanne Mayell) Made 2/1/22 for 2023

The spirit of the 1960’s, flower power! I hear the song with new words, “We’ve got the whole world in our hands; we’ve got the little bitty people in our hands.” The world psyche is healing. This has something to do with children. We unite with other countries. (Teri) Made 2/1/22 for 2023

Celebrations more joyful now. Violence subsiding slightly. (Seeker4) Made 2/1/22 for 2023

The Magas/Q-anons fail and are swept away. Old thinking cannot survive. (MaggieCi) 2/1/22 for 2023

Like boy scouts, truth and respect become cool again. (MaggieCi) Made 2/1/22 for 2023

Something is going to change about how we do Thanksgiving and Black Friday because it is not working. We are going back to the simpler way things were. (Janey) Made Made 2/1/22 for 2023

The economy is strong and labor shortages are over. (Bluebelle) Made 2/1/22 for 2023

Different spiritual communities are connecting and joining together to make change happen. People want something to believe in again. (Bev) Made 2/1/22 for 2023

A new dawn is rising. We can finally pass the infrastructure plan, voting rights and reconciliation package for all Americans. We are moving towards a more egalitarian society. New scientific discoveries and improvements abound (Uneke) Made 9/26/2021 for 2023

Washington DC feels illuminated and like a university. Lots of thinking and bright ideas. Smart people are proposing smart ideas. (AK) Made 9/26/2021 for 2023

The collective mood is good. I see white, sparkling light radiating from the sun, beaming on planet Earth. It is blessing all life and feels wonderful (Doris) Made 9/26/2021 for 2023

Scientific and economic progress generates new industries, new jobs, and ideas. A new age of enlightenment starts. (Kathleen) Made 9/26/2021 for 2023

I saw an illustration that looked like a greeting card of blue sky and a snowman with his arms open wide in something like an embrace, or welcome, or benediction. It felt optimistic. People are glad 2022 is over and feel like they are moving forward toward better times. (Serpens) Made 9/26/2021 for 2023

I sense more enlightened beings on our planet, and I see more spiritual centers opening and people are frequenting these more than churches. (TonyaW) Made 9/26/2021 for 2023

I heard the words, “from farm to table.” This is the year of agriculture and getting back to our roots. This month sets the tone for this need. Grain becomes important and growing our own food. (Tonya W) Made 9/26/2021 for 2023

Community gardens sustain neighborhoods and cities better than grocery stores. (Tonya W)  Made 9/26/2021 for 2023

Lots of Love. Big, beautiful laughing babies. (TeriZ) Made 9/26/2021 for 2023

The new green economy is starting to surge. (TeriZ) Made 9/26/2021 for 2023

A new spring is on the horizon. There is a growing awareness of what was lost. And the numbers of dead people, of those who have experienced great loss or those who have died, have made this new growth possible. (Andrew Posey) Made 6/16/2021 for 2023

The old are dying, the new are coming forward. What will we do with this new forced start? I see good coming together again in ways that don’t seem united or connected, but end up helping all. (Andrew Posey) Made 6/16/2021 for 2023

I see the barren becoming green again, and the forced migration of people and animals to new places. We must deal with this—the death of this adjustment, of this timetable, of our placement in this time when things are moving again, and we must and do successfully cope with what we lost as we build a future. (Andrew Posey) Made 6/16/2021

Whiteout, and grid is out. We are better prepared. World leaders have a plan and assist each other. Tech wizards helping us. Neighbor helps neighbor. Gaia sighs, this is what she has waited for. (Teri) Made 6/16/21

More nonprofit foundations. (Jeanne Mayell) 3/1/2021 for 2023

Builders focusing on climate. (Jeanne Mayell) 3/1/2021 for 2023

Many smart cars all around. (Share) 3/1/2021 for 2023

People moving to smaller cities and farms. A simpler lifestyle is the new cool. There are fewer autos and more people traveling by train. Lots of steam engines. (Teri Z) 3/1/2021 for 2023

Electric cars are more affordable and widespread. They are rather common now. (Carol C.) 3/1/2021 for 2023

Cruise lines are going out of business. New mindset and ethos. Staycations are popular. (Karen Porter) 3/1/2021 for 2023

Air travel is restricted. (Karen Porter) 3/1/2021 for 2023

The U.S. feels smaller. Community is more important. People are joining together in mini communities based on common interests to help each other. (Heather) 3/1/2021 for 2023

Less meat is eaten. Livestock abuses are better understood. (Rainbow) 3/1/2021 for 2023

Home, home, home is still and even more the focus. People travel less, spend less, and expect more help and efficiency at home.(Muriel) 3/1/2021 for 2023

There is more tolerance for different points of view, varied lifestyle choices, and LGBTQIA+. (Julie N.) 3/1/2021 for 2023

Jobs. Things are good, people working. A resurgence of the economy. Unemployment is low again. (Bliss) 3/1/2021 for 2023

Methods of farming are being rethought due to climate change. (Baba) 3/1/2021 for 2022

Increase in organic farming. (deetoo) 3/1/2021 for 2023

Climate change measures will be enacted, including new legislation all over the world. Global leaders will come together and new solutions will be found for old problems. (Brenda) 3/1/2021 for 2023

A focus on national parks, national forests, and the environment. (Lovendures) 3/1/2021 for 2023

More attention is being given to green industries and saving our country from climate disaster. (Uneke) 3/1/2021 for 2023

There is more progress on renewable energy. We are watching and waiting. There is creativity and progress, but we have to be patient. (Carol C.) 3/1/2021 for 2023

The world is shifting and picking up momentum. The old ways of living are falling off. The New Age is really dawning and it is apparent! (Eric P.) Made 3/1/2021 for 2023

Blue-collar class is more respected. All working-class jobs are respected. (Christine B) 3/1/2021 for 2023

Infrastructure changes are starting to take shape, preparing the country for the future and for the effects of climate change. (Bluebelle) Made 3/1/2021 for 2023

U.S. is moving right along progressively. (Lovendures) 3/1/2021 for 2023

I see more socialized medicine. (Tonya W) 3/1/2021 for 2023

The world is finally starting to recover.(Baba) Made 6/1/2020 for 2023

I see a hammer in someone’s hand, sign of a society that is building anew. Public notices. These are signs of greater local community living. (Jeanne Mayell) Made 6/1/2020 for 2023

People are back at work, but they have a different perspective about work. They are less materialistic. (Siobhan) Made 6/1/2020 for 2023

Laws rewritten to limit executive powers. Legislation put forth to limit terms for Congress, Senate and Federal judges. (Deetoo) Made 6/1/2020 for 2023

Hydrogen energy is in the news and becomes more accessible. (Baba) Made 6/1/2020 for

I see a sunrise over fields, a pastoral scene. A positive sign of change. (Karen C) Made 6/1/2020 for 2023

I see water flowing through the courtyards and courtly areas. Sunny days, pastoral. This is a time of regeneration and play. (MBK) Made 6/1/2020 for 2023

Water is rising. But cleaner, brighter. (Anna V) Made 6/1/2020 for 2023

There is an understanding that children are the future. Education is changing to be more personalized, less standardized. Children with learning issues are tutored and assisted by other children. There is more understanding toward those who are unique and different. (Alisa). Made 9/30/2020 for 2023

The US poverty rate drops. (Bin) Made 9/30/2020 for 2023

The federal government is working together. (Patty) Made 9/30/2020 for 2023

Women are at the forefront more than at any time in history. More in business and government than ever. More diversity. More inclusion. More breadth of experience. (Parizienne) Made 9/30/2020 for 2023

The beginnings of matriarchy. (Irene B.) Made 6/6/19 for 2023

Higher education is in disarray, young adults not as interested in spending a fortune for a bachelor’s degree. Want to be taught more relevant subjects about repairing ecological/economic damage. (Coyote) Made 6/6/19 for 2023

We are working so hard to manifest change. (Kolsoum) Made 6/6/19 for 2023

Beginning to take shape and less nationality.  Populism subsiding. (Kathleen) Made 6/6/19 for 2023

It has taken a while to find our balance again, but the lessons of the past are behind us.  We are battle fatigued, and there is nowhere to go but up.  (Claire de la Lune) Made 6/6/19 for 2023

Democracy will triumph in many countries. (Bin) Made 6/6/19 for 2023

I see greening. (Jordan) Made 6/6/19 for 2023

Environment improving. (Sharon) Made 6/6/19 for 2023

I see fields of flowers and they smell wonderful. (Michelle) Made 6/6/19 for 2023

A new type of vehicle is unveiled, a kind of hovercraft, but for individual use.  It looks like a car that hovers over the streets and powered by electricity or solar power. (Bluebelle) Made 6/6/19 for 2023

More alternate methods of transportation; electric cars more prevalent. (Irene B.) Made 6/6/19 for 2023

Petrol cars are vanishing. We are using more electric. (Bernie) Made 6/6/19 for 2023

Singing, working, playing, hope. (Karen) Made 6/6/19 for 2023

A sense of renewal. (Theng) Made 6/6/19 for 2023

There is hope for the planet but also a huge amount of cooperative work to do to get there. (Doris) Made 6/6/19 for 2023

Fracking becomes outlawed in US.   New science of physics takes off, more about electricity than gravity. (Susan) Made 6/6/19 for 2023

I got visuals of fish, a mermaid, rainbows, life and happiness, with the message, “Love is the only name you need”. (Arianne) Made 6/6/2019

There is a focus on transportation involving cars and the railroads. (Siobhan) Made 9/30/2019 for 2023

People are more aware of what's going on and not afraid to take peaceful action to fix it. (Darlene) Made 9/30/2019 for 2023

Many will awaken spiritually. (Arunika) Made 9/30/2019 for 2023

Lots more grassroots activity and peaceful protests. (Coyote) Made 9/30/2019 for 2023

More affordable housing. (Laura C.) Made 9/30/2019 for 2023

Families important more than ever this month. (Michelle M.) Made 9/30/2019 for 2023

People are talking about angels a lot.  (Michelle M.) Made 9/30/2019 for 2023

People are singing together. (TriciaCT) Made 9/30/2019 for 2023

People are impatient for change to happen faster than it can, but changes are happening. (TriciaCT) Made 9/30/2019 for 2023

Highways are being built that are more ecologically sustainable and better for the environment (Doris) Made 9/30/2019 for 2023

Desalination of sea will be used to solve water shortage. (Laura C.) Made 9/30/2019 for 2023

Green cars are rolled out.  (Laura C.) Made 9/30/2019 for 2023

Aviation somehow greener, less pollution. (Laura C.) Made 9/30/2019 for 2023

People helping others more than ever. (Sheila) Made 9/30/2019 for 2023

Bees are starting to increase again (Bernie) Made 9/30/2019 for 2023

Not raising as much red meat.  Moving away cows. (CJ) Made 9/30/2019 for 2023

A major shift away from commercial farming, establishing more local farms with climate appropriate crops. (Karen R.) Made 9/30/2019 for 2023

Resurgence of native teachings. (Karen R.) Made 9/30/2019 for 2023

Fewer planes flying. (Karen R.) Made 9/30/2019 for 2023

PamP, Vesta, polarberry and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dannyboy)
Illustrious Member Registered

@jeanne-mayell Great muppity Zeus this post was the jam on the toast.  The syrup on the pancakes.  The cheese on the sandwich.  The chocolate over the peanut butter.  The coffee grounds in the French press.  

May every last word in there ring true!  Also I am now hungry. 

PamP, Vesta, tybin and 19 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@polarberry)

Funny, I spent a great deal of time yesterday reading the predictions made in February for the rest of this year and 2023.

There are a lot about the downfall of the GOP. It feels like finally, FINALLY, the information that is coming out about Twitler and the insurrection is not going to be swept under the rug. May they all be completely exposed for the lying traitors they are.

Isabelle, ghandigirl, PamP and 17 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

I am sure many of you know that the problems we are facing today with fascism, and, yes, going backwards, have been building for decades. That graph vision I had in 2015 assured me that we were heading for a tipping point (2020) where we’d hit a bottom and then we'd climb our way back up.

I personally didn’t start to notice the threat until about 1980, When Ronald Reagan ran a hate campaign towards the poor.  Then I noticed  the business world becoming openly rogue when they began openly incorporating lying, stealing, and deception into every day business practices. A friend of mine who had a successful children’s clothing business was up-ended in one fell swoop by a lying and successful businessman.  It cost her $225,000 which wiped out the business she and her partners had been building for years.  And although devastated, she responded with, "Well Jeanne, that’s just business." 

I started noticing tactics in the business world that I felt were evil and lawless. And again people simply brushed it off as, "That’s just business." And although there are many good players, there are those in the business world who do whatever it takes to make a profit and in the end they are congratulated for their financial success, not by how they got there.  That kind of amoral attitude about financial success needs to stop and I believe it will stop.

In 2004, I was alarmed to learn that 80% of US tenth graders did not know the Bill of Rights. I Expressed my concern to my town's superintendent of schools. What could this mean for the safety of our democracy that these kids (who are now 32 years old) were so coddled and ignorant  that they did not understand the importance of basic rights that thousands had died for? 

Then when VP Dick Cheney led the lies that took our country to the Iraq war on false pretenses, killing a million people, (the very Cheney whose brave daughter is now trying to bring the country back from the brink), I was at that point alarmed for our country.

So long before Donald Trump came around, I was afraid.  But hoping it wouldn’t happen as quickly as it did.

Then during Trump years, I began to see that our democracy is much stronger than the liars and thugs who would destroy it.  I believed that the world’s longest lived democracy will not be overthrown by a bunch of low-lifes. The forces of truth and justice are much stronger and more pervasive than we can even imagine. 

I also believe we have to pay our dues to those whose lives our ancestors trampled in order to have the wealth and freedom so many of us enjoy here. So the pain we are suffering now, and the pain we will suffer as we experience what we’ve done to this planet, will wake us up not only to what we need to do to save the planet, but also will wake us up to our connection to all people everywhere.

Isabelle, Baba, PamP and 37 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@polarberry)

Such an amazingly beautiful and truthful post, Jeanne! When I was watching the Capital 4th, last night, watching the waving flags, I was wondering how many would be able to answer even the most basic questions about our country's history.

And now we have rethugs in Texas and Florida trying to pass laws that slavery has to be called "involuntary relocation," so as not to make white children feel bad. Nothing like trivializing 250 years of shameful brutality. And they call us snowflakes.

Isabelle, PamP, TriciaCT and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dannyboy)

@jeanne-mayell I nominate your whole post for the hall of fame.  If ever there’s a post that deserved to be enshrined there, truly it is this one. 

Isabelle, PamP, TriciaCT and 17 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

Thanks @dannyboy, glad to say something helpful after my lead balloon post of my old predictions. I can't believe I actually posted that at a time like this. It's just that I was seeing in my mind those two women at the top of the mountain we were climbing, flashing the victory sign near the end of this decade. But it didn't show up well in that post.  You had to see it in that graph.  

As for this last post, thank you for nominating it.  Someone can put it there but it would be awkward for me to do it lol. 

Isabelle, PamP, TriciaCT and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dannyboy)

@jeanne-mayell I went to the Y with my daughters to swim in the pool, and it appears Billy Mike beat me to it :-)  

PamP, TriciaCT, Lovendures and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: