Jeanne Mayell Intuitive Wisdom Forum2022-03-27T22:45:03-04:00
Notifications
Clear all

The middle east & Israel

(@debbie-m)
Noble Member Registered

@coyote Thanks so much for this analogy. I was doubting my optimism for the future the last few days because of the current events. I will keep my hope up the next 1 1/2 years. As you say, I made it this far! If we all made it through the on-going nonsense of the Republicans especially this last decade, we can make it to 2023.

deetoo, lenor, Vesta and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@luminous)
Illustrious Member Registered
Topic starter  

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/05/20/middleeast/israel-palestinian-gaza-conflict-ceasefire-intl/index.html

Many of you will be no doubt aware by now that a ceasefire has been agreed. Let us hope it remains that way.

deetoo, lenor, blackandwhite and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Powerful Cartoon in The Boston Globe today from Christopher Weyan: https://www.bostonglobe.com/2021/05/21/opinion/love-letter-netanyahu/

JourneyWithMe2, deetoo, BlueBelle and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@coyote)

Isabelle, JourneyWithMe2, deetoo and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@coyote

Coyote, thanks for reminding us of Baba's prediction/vision.   

Baba calls a great many things, she is wonderful isn't she?  

@baba

Baba, thank you for continuing to post your visions with us.  The are so fascinating to watch unfold.

Isabelle, Vesta, JourneyWithMe2 and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@luminous)
Topic starter  

Oops, posted in the wrong thread. ? See UK thread for the post I made. Apologies.

Lauren reacted
ReplyQuote
(@luminous)
Topic starter  

Hmm, maybe it was not a coincidence that I ended up in this thread posting here by accident earlier - tensions have flared up again:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-57492745

Israel says it has launched air strikes against Hamas targets in the Gaza Strip, after incendiary balloons were launched from the territory.

Explosions were heard in Gaza City in the early hours of Wednesday.

Several balloons were sent from Gaza into Israel earlier on Tuesday, which caused multiple fires, according to the Israeli fire service.

It is the first major flare-up since 11 days of fighting between the two sides ended in a ceasefire on 21 May

Lauren, Vesta and Vesta reacted
ReplyQuote
(@isabelle)
Famed Member Registered

I am wondering whether this recent unexpected development may finally represent the beginnings of a groundswell of resistance from the Palestinian people toward the long-corrupt Palestinian Authority and brutal Hamas?  As tragic as the recent death of local anti-corruption activist Nizar Banat is, it may be indicative that the Palestinian people are finally growing fed up with being intimidated, beaten and financially exploited by their very own so-called "representatives".  As I have mentioned in earlier posts, while Israel has certainly not been "blame-free", the Palestinians themselves have long been victimized by their very own "brothers".  Please see WaPo article below.  Recently, well-known activist Nizar Banat was murdered in cold blood for protesting what he felt were corrupt actions by the Palestinian Authority and asked European countries to stop sending money to them.  He paid for this outspokenness and honesty with his own life.  

If the beleaguered Palestinian people can finally break free from their own "exploiters/oppressors" (PA, Hamas  -- who all have a vested interest in keeping the Middle East conflict alive principally because they are benefiting financially from it and maintaining power), then perhaps we have the glimmer of hope here?  As I've mentioned in earlier posts, the majority of Palestinians and Israelis are sick to death of fighting and mistrust -- and who could blame them? Except for the radical fringes on both sides, most just want to raise their families and live in peace.  If the Palestinian people can finally throw off the crushing yoke of the PA and Hamas, perhaps the beginnings of a movement toward real peace can finally happen?  Also, finally the foreign aid money given so generously by countries all over the world every year may FINALLY reach their intended recipients  -- instead of in the bank accounts of corrupt PA leaders or further funding Hamas.  Given the amount of money which has been donated to the Palestinian people over the years (billions!!) NO Palestinian should be currently living in squalor:  there should be  major Palestinian Universities, Hospitals and Housing for all.

Can't help feeling that the below article represents something very important in the quest for peace in the Middle East.

Palestinians protest over killing of activist grow - The Washington Post

Lauren reacted
ReplyQuote
(@isabelle)
Famed Member Registered

I suspect a lot of people are sick & tired of hearing about the Middle East.  But just to clarify: Now that Bibi has been voted out and there is evidently an internal uprising by the Palestinian people against the Palestinian Authority & Hamas, the pieces on the chessboard seem to finally be shifting into a potentially more positive position.  Both Bibi and PA/Hamas were major obstacles to peace... Some of the Palestinian activists are calling/demanding for Palestinian democracy.  Dare we feel a bit more optimistic? 

Lauren, Unk p, Vesta and 4 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator

Did Trump actually offer the West Bank to Jordan's King AbdullahII?

According to a new book '“The Divider: Trump in the White House 2017-2021” by Peter Baker, chief White House correspondent for the New York Times, and Susan Glasser, staff writer for the New Yorker, he did.

President Trump once offered what he considered “a great deal” to Jordan’s King Abdullah II: control of the West Bank, whose Palestinian population long sought to topple the monarchy.

“I thought I was having a heart attack,” Abdullah II recalled to an American friend in 2018, according to a new book on the Trump presidency being published next week. “I couldn’t breathe. I was bent doubled-over.”

I believe this book is going to get a lot of press because there appear to be MANY interesting things mentioned in this book including his desire to "cancel" the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit after they blocked one of his policies.

I think there will be more subpoenas don't you?

School House Rock should create a new episode on what a president "shouldn't" do and base everything on Trump.  I bet they could come up with a great song about subpoenas and the former guy. Hmmm, one episode wouldn't really be enough.  Might want an entire season.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/09/14/trump-book-jordan-abdullah/

Lauren, JKL1907 and Vesta reacted
ReplyQuote
(@allyn)

Not sure where to post this, but what is up with the situation in Iran?  Apparently, there are massive protests because a woman was killed by Iran's so-called moral police, and the situation is spiraling out of control.  I think I have heard that 33 protestors have been killed already.

Personally, I am appalled that a woman can be beaten to death if a few locks of her hair become uncovered.  It is no wonder Iranian women are ticked.  If we can send light to the protestors for the ability to promote change or, barring that, for them to overthrow that oppressive regime who hates women for being women.  ENOUGH!  

It seems to me that the rulers of this world hate women and are determined to dehumanizing us.  May God give us the strength to topple every single one and drop them into the dustbin of history where they so richly belong.

We have the numbers.  We have the strength.  May God give us the victory.

Unk p, 2ndfdl, MtGal99 and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unk-p)

Posted by: @allyn

I am appalled that a woman can be beaten to death if a few locks of her hair become uncovered. 

some women are now chopping their own hair off, in protest of the killing of Mahsa Amini.

Here is a flag made from some of that hair

Carry this flag in your heart and mind, as we go to the polls to vote this November.  And please, please, make sure that every Woman you know, is registered, and votes!

Posted by: @allyn

We have the numbers.  We have the strength.  May God(ess) give us the victory.

JourneyWithMe2, Lauren, Lovendures and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)

@unk-p The bravery, the eloquence, the persistence of this resistance, and so many more emotions that filled my very soul at the sight of that flag......... left me breathless and weeping. The Rise of the Feminine is here.

Lauren and Unk p reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

Bumping this thread with some bad news. Netanyahu is returning to power in Israel, and will create the most right-wing government they've ever had there.  So yes, he did fall, but I don't recall anyone here seeing him return to power at all, let alone so soon. Sorry to be a bummer.

https://apnews.com/article/middle-east-religion-israel-benjamin-netanyahu-0f97b58db3b188bc7512854bd449f8cd?utm_source=homepage&utm_medium=TopNews&utm_campaign=position_02

Aheartbegins reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3
Share:
Go to Top