Notifications
Clear all

Canadian Election

(@bright-opal)
Noble Member Contributor
Topic starter  

While I was doing my meditation this morning I felt the following fro the Canadian elections in October 2019.  My mother also mentioned Andrew Scheer (Conservative leader) was planning on using the same campaigning strategy used by Trump for the elections.  I found nothing on that, but who knows.  However, he seems very good at calling out Trump, so who knows. 

• Ontario and Quebec are turning against Trudeau. (Bright Opal)
  • If Andrew Scheer elected, he will forgo the climate change accord through his policies. The northern territories will suffer from it greatly.  (Bright Opal)
  • Canadian version of October surprise:
    • Beware of Scheer. He is another Trump with more polish", he knows squat!  (Bright Opal)
    • Something else will be discovered about Trudeau that has to do with the railroad. (Bright Opal)
    • Andrew Shear scandal coming out in September. Big deceptions for his supporters.  (Bright Opal)
    • Whoever is voted in, the Canadians will not be satisfied. One is more dangerous than the other in its ignorance.  (Bright Opal)
  • Trudeau is in his office at the parliament. He's looking outside the window, towards the south.  He is worried.   (Bright Opal)

I wonder if anyone else felt anything about the upcoming Canadian elections.  Any thoughts?

Marley and Marley reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dcd2510)
Reputable Member Registered

I feel the Green party, being lead by Elizabeth May will end up having considerable influence in the Canadian parliament. Elizabeth May is kind, sensible and pragmatic. She and her party may even be left to help someone form government, either on their own or with the NDP. They will likely choose Trudeau if it comes down to it. Although, I certainly get the feeling Scheer could win a majority. My guess is that it will be a minority Trudeau Liberal Government or a Majority Scheer Government. My guess could be wrong. I do think many Canadians will place a lot of faith in Elizabeth May, she is shining through more than ever as a leader Canada needs.

Marley, Lovendures, Lilinoe and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@adora)
Estimable Member Registered

Frankly it's terrifying. The conservatives are neck and neck with the liberals and now with Trudeau's latest scandal are likely to pull forward. 

The problem here in Canada is that although the majority of our population leans left there is only one right party.  The left vote often gets divided between the liberals, the ndp and now the green party (and in Quebec the SQ party).  We also, unlike the two party US system, have quite a few even smaller parties.  This allows the right to consolidate all their votes in one party and squeak through.

I live in Ontario, and we are suffering though a Ford (whom I like to call a diet coke version of Trump) government.  I am extremely worried we'll get a Federal Sheer (right wing) government this election cycle.

Our best hope now is that who ever wins, doesn't win big enough to form a majority government, but rather we get a minority government.  Neither leading party really deserve a majority atm - Sheer will be just another Harper/Harris/Trump/Johnson and Trudeau has too many scandals to pass the sniff test. A minority will mitigate the damage coming.

Sophie, Marley, Sophie and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

Fingers crossed - sending good vibes from the lower 48. If Canada falls victim to what I recently saw referred to as "pathocracy", that will be truly saddening and will remove what little hope I have for the fate of the world.

deetoo and deetoo reacted
ReplyQuote
(@bright-opal)
Noble Member Contributor
Topic starter  

Looks like Canada has chosen a Liberal Minority Government.  Trudeau will remain as Canada's PM. As with any Canadian elections, Quebec and Ontario were the deciding provinces in the national elections.

Quebec has moved from all of the political national parties and voted for the their own: Le Bloc Quebecois. For those who are not Canadian, Le Bloc is a party representing exclusively the Province of Quebec and its interests.  Quebec is the province which had a referencdum to seprarate from Canada in 1995.  Quebec being the only French speaking state in all of the Americas, we have our own particularly difficult history within Canada,  Like any minority in within their country, we have our own struggles.

Quebec has voted for the "wrong party", since it is not a party representing the whole country. 

Marley and Marley reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: