Notifications
Clear all

Words of support

(@tjomme)
Estimable Member Registered
Topic starter  

? I felt the urge to write down the following, yet I don't know what it will be.

I dreamt of going downstream amongst others - enjoying having no resistance and still being able to steer my self in any direction. 

The others where doing the same. We are all at ease, confident and enjoying it. 

In my youth and when I was a youngh adult I faced the perfect challenges. More over, I learned to accept that my attitude towards 'outward' circumstances is the key. It is the key to us all.

We are all connected.                                                      Find your inner resonance and sacred course.              For there is only one way 

One inspired person can be a light bacon for many       Are you up to an adventure?                                                I do, in the challenging time we face as a collective

I meditate even more intensely on a world that is wonderfull beyond comprehension

My inner being is cheering as I write this! I feel like going downstream - in pure water, a bright sky and a lush landscape 

With Kindness ? 

CC21, ghandigirl, TriciaCT and 19 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@tjomme. I love the water aspect of your dream which reminds me of a vision I had weeks ago. I saw a log jam on a river that was our civilization. Then I saw fresh water coming down stream that would gradually break up the log jam, as more fresh water arrived. I took it to mean that as our collective gets more on board with progressive and humanitarian desires for all, then that fresh water will break up the log jam of materialism and conflict.  

The key is to understand what the log jam is comprised of. 

CC21, TriciaCT, Amyv and 21 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Baba
(@baba)
Illustrious Member Moderator

I just finished my meditation for today and got something that isn’t a prediction but more of a reassurance. I was looking around for a place to post it and I think it may fit here:

When I meditate, I envision myself above the earth, in a circle and holding hands with other light workers - similar to what we do when Jeanne leads us in group meditations. I am always looking down at the Earth from above. Today when I meditated, I saw angels/light beings joining in the circle -  amongst us and above us. They want us to know that they are with us when we meditate both alone and in groups.

CC21, kksali, deetoo and 29 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tjomme)
Topic starter  

Thank you Baba for sharing 

CC21, Jeanne Mayell, deetoo and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@febbby23)
Illustrious Member Registered

@baba thank you Baba.   That is comforting and lessens the anxiety.  I know angels are with us but at times watching all the crazy and those spewing hate can be overwhelming.    This is like a good rap on the head to remind me to keep looking up toward the light.   Peace to all.  

CC21, Jeanne Mayell, deetoo and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@triciact)

I'm hoping this is the right place to post this. I was just telling this to @deetoo

I saw an ant hill on my walk way, and I pushed it aside with my foot. Hours later I came back and was amazed to find that all those many little ants built it right back. It was a hill again and hundreds of little ants were in it. It struck me that many of us sometimes question what/why is our reason for being here. Many of us might say to ourselves "what is my purpose?" or many of us feel we're not big contributors to the world like others may be.  Well it occurred to me when I saw that little ant hill that we're all contributing, even if if we're just one of the "builder ants" or points of light. We may have a small cog in the wheel of the world, but we are just as mighty and important as those we admire who do so much more in our point of view.  Not everyone can be the wheel or the one to follow or contribute in big and obvious way, but we all have our little cog of importance in the plight of this planet and as a light worker.

?☀? ❤️ ? Namaste!

CC21, ghandigirl, kksali and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

@triciact 

So true  and wise. Not only do we each have our own contribution, when we work together we accomplish great things. 

CC21, TriciaCT, Jeanne Mayell and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@seabreeze)

So true. Because when we work together we are not adding but multiplying.

And all good efforts are never lost.

CC21, TriciaCT, Jeanne Mayell and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)

@triciact, I've spent the past few weeks wondering what contribution I'm making to this crazy world.  I want to make a difference, yet it can feel so overwhelming at times.  Thank you for that beautiful analogy and very wise reminder.    

CC21, ghandigirl, TriciaCT and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tjomme)
Topic starter  

Thank you for sharing! My focus is on my contribution more then ever. I stock to that. This is fairly new - that I am this consistent and determined.

Your dream makes sense to me! 

CC21, deetoo, TriciaCT and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

" So true  and wise. Not only do we each have our own contribution, when we work together we accomplish great things." -- @lovendures 

The effect of working together is synergy.  It is so much easier when we work together and so much more good comes from it. I love it. I love you, community!

CC21, deetoo, TriciaCT and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@kksali)
Noble Member Registered

@triciact thank you. ❤️This 

CC21, Jeanne Mayell, deetoo and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@triciact)

@lovendures @jeanne-mayell

So true and wise dear lovendures. The ants all worked together and rebuilt their home. I loved being at the meditation last night. I felt healing while there and also felt the love from everyone too.

I thank Jeanne (and all of you) for your wonderful loving energy every time. We CAN and will change our democracy, life and world by joining together. ❤️ ? ?

CC21, Jeanne Mayell, Lovendures and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ghandigirl)

I am not sure where to post this...but I believe we are all in need of some comfort today

I woke up so out of sorts today and I am usually a hopeful and fairly cheerful morning person most every day. And then I remembered it was 9/11.

Twenty years ago I was teaching middle school and saw the second plane hit, and other regrettable footage, in real time, on my break in the teacher's lounge.

I spent the rest of my day teaching my prepared lessons and taking care of teens, taking one extremely distraught child to call her folks while quietly worrying about my brother who had a place in NY.

When I got home I hugged my two year old daughter for a long time.

My 9/11 prayer today is that this culture of cruelty, from abroad and here at home from our fellow citizens will finally come to an end.

We need to remember how we all pulled together after 9/11. We need to be the change we wish to see in this world, and hold those accountable who would seek to destroy our democracy with baseless hatred against others. It's a thin line but we need to be brave enough and committed enough to other people's well being to walk it.

As this long day finally is drawing to a close, I want to wish all of you the love and strength you need to be the change.

side note: Years ago someone mocked me on social media for writing posts like the one above, by calling me a 'ghandi girl."  I am proud to wear that moniker. Be the Change.

Jujubeans7050, Iridium, raincloud and 17 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tgraf66)

Many moons ago, I was active on newsgroups (online discussion groups similar to the BBS system (yes, I'm that old), but on the web).  Several days after the events in NYC in 2001, I posted this there.  Some of it was perhaps a bit naïve, but it was heartfelt.

It's been a rough week for all of us. I'm tired, again as all of us are, but I discovered something today.

I discovered that I'm an American. I know that sounds really stupid, but I mean it. I am an American - yes, with a capital "A" - and no matter how much I can't stand my government at times, I am rooted in this land as surely as the oak tree outside my window. No country is perfect, nor do any of them have spotless records. The United States is no exception. But I don't give a damn what anyone else says about us anymore.

Just like everyone else, I have been in shock for two days. I couldn't cry; I couldn't even think. But tonight I saw some pictures posted to a newsgroup. They were pictures of the shrines to the victims of this atrocity that have been set up in cities around the world, and of flowers being laid on those shrines by people whom I would have considered to be less than friendly. I cried for the first time when I saw these images. I cannot begin to tell you how much it meant to me to see these things.

I cannot speak for anyone but myself, nor would I have the audacity to try, but I need to say to everyone around the world who has shown us the outpouring of their own very real grief at this tragedy, thank you. Thank you from the bottom of my heart and soul, from someone who is a nobody in the middle of this vast land.

I read a few minutes ago that the Queen of England ordered that the US national anthem be played at the changing of the guard at Buckingham Palace at noon today for the first time in history. Thank you to our British friends for this beautiful display of solidarity.

Thank you, too, to all of our friends in all nations around the world. There have been many who have said that we had it coming, or that it's about time we felt what the rest of you have been going through for dozens, if not hundreds of years. I would only say that no one deserves this, not on this scale, not on any scale. Perhaps, just perhaps, this will be the final blow that the world will permit from people like this. Perhaps, just perhaps, we in this country will finally come out of our cocoon and look at the world around us in a different light, not as a superpower or "the leader of the free world", but finally taking our place as just another citizen nation on this lonely little mudball in space.

I have also discovered that in spite of all the rhetoric and bad blood, even some of the trolls in the newsgroups can be decent people when the situation calls for it. Some of them were truly class acts, and in spite of their being diametrically opposed to what I think and believe, my respect for several of them went up a few notches. I thank you as well.

I don't know what the future holds or where we will go from here. I can only hope, like many others, that cooler heads than mine will prevail, because I know that revenge is not the answer. I just don't know what the answer is.

Through all of this, though, I am still an American. I may not always be proud of what my leaders do, nor of how my country has forced its desires on other nations, but I am still an American. I may leave, I may go elsewhere, I may even become an expatriate, but I will always and forever be an American in my heart. This land is my home, and no matter what the current or future governments may do to her or to me, nothing will ever change that fact.

This might seem to be nothing more than flag-waving and patriotism, but I can assure you that it isn't. I could be from almost any nation in the world, and I would feel the same, I think. This is my heart, and I thank you all for listening.

"No man nor madness,
though their sad power may prevail,
can possess, conquer my country's heart;
They rise to fail.

She is eternal.
Long before nation's lines were drawn,
when no flags few, when no armies stood,
my land was born.

And you ask me why I love her,
through wars, death, and despair.
She is the constant, we who don't care.

And you wonder will I leave her,
but how?
I cross over borders,
but I'm still there now!

How can I leave her?
Where would I start?
Let man's petty nations tear this world apart.
My land's only borders lie around my heart."

- "Anthem" from Chess (Benny Andersen/Tim Rice/Björn Ulvaeus)

Jujubeans7050, ghandigirl, JourneyWithMe2 and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@theungamer)
Famed Member Registered

@tgraf66 I beautiful start to the day.  Thank you.  ❤️ 

JourneyWithMe2, CC21, Jeanne Mayell and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@tgraff66 @Ghandigirl @theungamer I am so inspired by your posts to 9/11. When you proclaimed, "I am an American," that's how I feel every time I return to this country from visiting Canada. Since I was a small child, my connection to Canada has been profound, filled with longing for the forests and lakes. Yet every time I cross back over the border onto US Interstate 89, and I whiz down that first stretch of open highway and see Lake Champlain and the Adirondacks to the West of me, I feel such a swell of love for America.  The roads are loved, we fly along and the air is fresh.  Whenever I'd return from Europe, another magical land of wonder and history, I'd step off the plane and smell the great ocean air of Boston, then driving home, I'd breathe in the forested land and see the great expanse of our land, and the fresh air and forests and open space.  We are so lucky to be in this beautiful land.

I also always felt a childlike naïveté in our population, including in myself.  We march around thinking we were the greatest, the smartest, and the richest country on earth. Well, that's not the case by a long shot. Not the best, not the richest, and not the smartest or greatest.  But this is my country and my people, and we are a family, including those irritating, mentally challenged racists. They are like a bad cousin, but they are also part of our American family. I still don't know where to put them in my heart, but they are still in my American family and in my heart.  

In my town everyone knows someone who died in 9/11 because two planes took off from Boston.  On September 11, I was out walking with a friend and our kids were in middle school. We stopped at another friend's house and she told us the terrible news.  As we watched, I became concerned about our children who were at school. When I called the school, they told me that no one was coming to get their kids except someone who had a relative on the plane. That was probably John Cahill's family. 

A few years later I was speaking to one of the three  women in my town whose husbands had been on the planes, and she blurted out to me that I probably hadn't realized that she lost her husband on one of the flights out of Boston.  The other mother I've come to know because she's involved in town affairs.

After 911, I draped a colored-light American flag across our barn, a tribute to our country.  Someone sent me a Christmas ornament of an American flag. After GW Bush made a false case for war and the fervor for war rose up in the Congress, where even Hilary Clinton and John Kerry voted for the war, I removed all of my tributes to the flag and threw them into an incinerator at the town dump. 

It's been up and down with America, but it's still my family, my home, my love. This community has helped beyond words because so many of you represent the best of the American collective. 

deetoo, Jujubeans7050, Lovendures and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@coyote)

This seems to be the de facto 9/11 memories thread. I was in the first grade on September 11th. I have memories, but they're diffuse.

My intuitive capacities started opening up in 2017, and this is the first 9/11 anniversary that I've observed deeply with those capacities operating. I didn't watch any of the footage from 20 years ago (I've seen enough of that), but read a bunch of remembrances from photojournalists who captured the situation in New York and residents in my part of Connecticut who were in Lower Manhattan that day. I'm struck by how reading all of that and letting myself feel the fear and anxiety of those firsthand witnesses amounts to a sort of time travel where I actually feel like I was there. I'm also receptive to the shock of these people and the rest of the nation, and that's helped me internalize for the first time in 20 years how pre-9/11 was a completely different era: more naive, carefree, innocent. I knew that intellectually, but the energetic knowing is completely different.

It makes me wonder whether other surprises will completely blindside us the way 9/11 did in the years ahead.

What else? The Enya track "Only Time" is running in a loop in my head.

deetoo, Maggieci, theungamer and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ana)

Posted by: @coyote

I'm also receptive to the shock of these people and the rest of the nation, and that's helped me internalize for the first time in 20 years how pre-9/11 was a completely different era: more naive, carefree, innocent. I knew that intellectually, but the energetic knowing is completely different.

It makes me wonder whether other surprises will completely blindside us the way 9/11 did in the years ahead.

What else? The Enya track "Only Time" is running in a loop in my head.

Only Time:

"Who can say where the road goes
Where the day flows, only time"

I used that song as the closer for the end of the slide show I made for my brother's memorial last month.  

As for it being a different world:  Yes, things were looking up in the 90's (or it felt that way to me) but 9/11/2001 shot that to hell.  I was sitting at my computer looking at the news with a 3-week old baby on my lap.  The news showed the first plane hit. At that point no one knew whether it was an accident or what.  I went downstairs with the baby to turn on the TV news-- then I saw the second plane hit and we knew.  It was chilling. 

That baby is now a college student who recently asked me if I thought the last 20 years have been unusually "interesting" ones.   I said I thought they had been, though times like these are not unique.  The 60's were pretty revolutionary.  And then there were the years of the World Wars, and the Great Depression, etc.   But we are still in this particular chaotic period and "Who can say where the road goes..."  or how it will turn out. I remain an optimist in the long view.

deetoo, JourneyWithMe2, 2ndfdl and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: