Notifications
Clear all

In The Garden

(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator

Just now as I was sitting on my balcony enjoying the beauty of the Colorado mountains it happened.  The loud vibrational hum of a humming bird buzzed in my ear, followed immediately by the the feel of its fast fluttering wing

s against my elbow.  I could actually feel the air move as the rust colored headed bird tickled my elbow.  

The humming birds are not the only things flying in the air.  A gentile breeze is releasing white dandelion seed "fairies", allowing them to glide through the air like drifting snow.  Up, up, up they elevate 3 stores to my balcony, drift past me and and gently glide back down to earth. 

Today, my the mountains are my garden and continue to whisper for me to come play in their yard.

kksali, polarberry, CC21 and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)
Illustrious Member Registered

@lovendures

Beautiful imagery!

I joined you for a brief respite from the Covid cares of this world to flutter around with the fairies of the natural one we should be living in all the time.

Did me great good on top of the full moon energies and the cleansing and recharging of thunders and lightning flashes so many of us have had lately. 

Grateful for my yard, vegetable garden and all our planted flowers that circle our house as my garden.

Gardens come in all forms both inside and out and so lovely that they do !

?

polarberry, CC21, Share and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@polarberry)

Glad you're enjoying serenity, Lovendures. ? I am fighting the Battle of the Bunnies. Somehow, a couple of babies got into my corn and stripped half of it. I spent over an hour last night putting up reinforcements. I have to go outside in a few minutes and see if there's any more casualties.

I've also got birds circling my berry bushes in anticipation of an attack. Got to get the netting on.

Lovendures, Share, Lovendures and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@polarberry)

@ghandigirl

I am outside very early almost every morning. That time, and the early evening, are the best, coolest and most serene to work. It will become addicting. ? 

Share and Share reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@polarberry

I don't mind bunnies sharing things from my garden, operative word sharing.  A little bit.  But eating half of it would not be cool.  

ReplyQuote
(@polarberry)

We have a family of them, and the babies are so adorable it's hard to be mad at them for long. I have everything pretty well enforced but somehow they got in. The remaining corn is OK this AM.

I have a huge raised garden bed for most of the vegetables that is completely enclosed and they can't get to it-not for lack of trying, I'm sure. I even go so far as to put out a peace offering of lettuce from time to time. They eat it but the attitude is like, "Yeah, is this all ya got?"

ReplyQuote
Page 7 / 7
Share: