Notifications
Clear all

If you need support, understanding, and love, let us know here.

(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator

Posted by: @deetoo

Posted by @ghandigirl:

So for me, my choice is to choose peace and joy. I thrive on looking to underline, and seek out the silver linings. And when life isn't fair and it reminds you of every single time it just wasn't fair and you had no control, and your old wounds feel fresh and stifling, remember then you are a precious soul and you are here for a reason.

Dearest ghandigirl, 

I had a hard time writing this post, because I couldn't decide which of your words I wanted to highlight.  Everything you wrote was so beautiful -- filled with so much courage, honesty, wisdom and hope.  Each time you post, you inspire me -- even those times when you're feeling really low, you show such raw courage through your vulnerability.  You help me to accept myself just as I am -- and by your example, to be more honest, vulnerable, courageous and joyful.  And you remind me -- over and over again -- that the choice is always mine. 

Thank you, my friend.  You are a beautiful light warrior.  

Ok, now you both are going to make water come out of my eyes.

TriciaCT, FEBbby23, JourneyWithMe2 and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laynara)
Noble Member Registered

I want to thank you all for the support and love.? I have a bad habit of freaking myself out. Sometimes when I'm reading through the predictions for the next decade it does that. I try to see the joy and hope it all of it. I'm going and had my son right out of high school and honestly just the thought of something happening to him scares me more than anything even though its completely out of my control. I am grateful for what I have, but my heart aches for his innocent little soul and everyone that is being affected full force by all of this. I assume you may say my senses are on overdrive (overwhelmed) and I don't seem to know how to help it, allot of things I've tried haven't worked. I get so worked up my stomach turns and the contents seem to want to be elsewhere. I'm trying to focus on the now but sometimes I'm worried about what the future holds for our little trio. I apologise for the long rant I may take a few days away and only check when in when I feel necessary. Sending all the Love and Light I can muster tonight to you all ? Thank you for being the family I never knew I needed!

Aheartbegins, TriciaCT, FEBbby23 and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@anita)
Noble Member Registered

@thebeast

@triciaCT

@jeanne-Mayell 

I want to thank you again for your responses. Harriet didn’t not talk about why she was so angry at me and I didn’t ask today. She seemed to let go of her anger. I know she was triggered by something and I hope she and I can have an open talk about it soon.

what I saw about myself is that ongoing fear of being abandoned and going as far as

denying my expression of feeling for fear I will be abandoned. That opens up all kinds of things. The daily stress is enough to deal with. Having communication with others by zoom and telephones is not helpful enough as inter-action means just that as does commune-ication. Focusing on distance all the time just isn’t healthy....

Anita

Aheartbegins, Jeanne Mayell, TriciaCT and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unk-p)
Illustrious Member Registered

hello everyone. i have an urgent request for your prayers. My mother has just been rushed to the ER.  She is in the ICU, and they might have to intubate her, as she is having trouble breathing, and her heart and blood pressure is extremely low.

They dont know why this is happening, it just came on suddenly.

Thank you all

Aheartbegins, Jeanne Mayell, herondreams and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laynara)
Noble Member Registered

Sounding your mom in love and light? and I will keep her in my prayers

TriciaCT, Aheartbegins, Baba and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)

@unk-p,

I am there with you, sending healing, support and love.  As I pray for your mom, I see a group of angels watching over her with protective, comforting light.  There is so much love there.

You both will be in my thoughts and prayers.  

Aheartbegins, Jeanne Mayell, Baba and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@febbby23)

@unk-p sending your mom prayers and healing   Holding you all in loving peace and light. 

Aheartbegins, Jeanne Mayell, Unk p and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@anita)
Noble Member Registered

@unk-

Prayers for your mother.....

Anita

ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)

@unk-p

Seeing your mom and you surrounded in Light and prayers asking that all hands that touch her be Healing Loving hands and that the Highest Good for all concerned be manifest. Prayers ongoing.

ReplyQuote
 gbs
(@gbs)
Famed Member Registered

@unk-p 

I am seeing you mother held in deep comfort by loving, capable hands, as if she were bundled in the softest of blankets. I'll continue to hold her in my thoughts and send her healing energies.

Aheartbegins, Jeanne Mayell, deetoo and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unk-p)

thank you @laynara, @deetoo, @febbby23, @anita, @journeywithme2, @gbs, and everyone. It really means a lot to me.

She is now on a ventilator, and they are trying to get her heart rate stable, so that they can do a CatScan.   We still don't know what happened- she asked me to help her to her room last night, and then she just collapsed in my arms.

TriciaCT, Aheartbegins, Jeanne Mayell and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@triciact)

@unk-p

Sending your mom loving, healing light and surrounding her. Asking my angels to surround her too. My prayers are with you!  ❤️ ? ❤️

Aheartbegins, Jeanne Mayell, Baba and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@triciact)

@laura-f

I grew up in a town called Silver Lake, which is really an area of West Harrison NY. I could walk to White Plains. Back when I was a kid, the town was "little Italy". Most of the kids in school were first generation to be born in the US, their parents were "off the boat" and predominately Italian. There were 3 Italian Restaurants in this one tiny little town, and several Italian deli's. The signs on the deli's were in Italian and English. My dad was also from Italy, but grew up since he was a baby in Mt. Vernon. He used to read his friends mail to them since many of his friends didn't read English. It was quite a little "mafioso" type of town. If you wanted to rent an apartment (most of the houses were two family with illegal basement apartments) you had to go to Nino the shoemaker in order to get his approval. No one rented to you unless you were "family" or went through Nino. LOL

I also have family in Eastchester! Funny, wish we could get together for a glass of wine, we'd have some interesting conversation.

Things have changed in that town now, and its very multi-cultural. :)  You going from NY to the mason dixon line is certainly a big change. Very different culturally!

BlueBelle, Aheartbegins, Jeanne Mayell and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@triciact)

Posted by: @journeywithme2

@triciact

So saddened to hear of the loss of your friends :-(     I have been challenged during this time period to set and honor my boundaries. A best friend of over 30 years attacked me viciously on a Facebook post over Trump and when I refused to agree with her point of view ... she called me some pretty awful names... and...attacked my character.. in a public forum. She was very surprised when others called her out on it. I am Southern born and bred... a true native Atlantan! Women were raised to not be rude/outspoken in public..."God don't like ugly" "Bless your heart" It has taken me all of these 60 something years to finally speak my Truth, quietly and firmly and draw boundaries and limit interactions if boundaries are not respected. It still hurts my heart that someone I love could be so hurtful.. over the Orange Foolius !!!!!  Perhaps... speaking our Truth ... quietly, firmly and with love... is a healing as is the refusal to tolerate harmful interactions anymore. I pray for our world, our people in general and individuals by name each time I wash my hands. Sending you much Light and Love as a Healing Balm to apply to the wounds in your heart from these encounters. <3

@journeywithme2  Thank you for your message. I'm so sorry you were attacked verbally in a public forum. There's no excuse for someone to be so mean like that, especially over political differences, AND from someone who was a friend for 30 years! I work with so many Southerners now (past 6 years) that I've learned a lot from them. What you say is true. They were raised to be more soft spoken in public. But i've also learned the double meaning of "bless your heart" LOL.

I have been struggling with how to respond with people who want to tell me about the Orange foolius and his virtues, but I believe I need to find a way to do that without totally removing the folks I love from my life. I'm working on meditating about it and asking my angels to give me guidance on it. I have not responded in an inappropriate way at all, it's actually more about figuring out how I can not allow myself and my emotions to be so affected by them.

In that regard..."to be continued" :)

Thank you for your love and light!

BlueBelle, Aheartbegins, Jeanne Mayell and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@triciact)

Posted by: @frank
Posted by: @triciact

What is weird to me is this is the second person in my life who did this to me recently. My husband's cousin on my birthday did the same thing. So I'm starting to think that I am supposed to learn something here. The Universe may want me to change my thinking and how I respond. I must meditate on it and listen to what my guides are trying to tell me perhaps. 

Thank you again Dee! ? ? ?  ? 

I definitely think you are on to something here. ? 

Btw, I am so sorry to hear about your friends. Sending virtual hugs. ❤️  

@frank

I woke up this morning and my feeling was one of the things I'm supposed to do is figure out a way to be less emotional about it when they do want to talk about T.  I'm going to ask for more guidance from my angels, but I feel that is one of the things that has been a lifetime struggle for me. I take things sometimes too to heart/emotionally.   Thank you Frank for the virtual hugs and for your ever shining light! ? 

BlueBelle, Aheartbegins, Jeanne Mayell and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@herondreams)
Famed Member Registered

@unk-p

Holding your mom in the light.

Aheartbegins, Jeanne Mayell, LalaBella and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@herondreams)
Famed Member Registered

@triciact

Sending you strength to hold those boundaries. It is so hard when you know you are right--morally and factually when it comes to T, but if these folks are brainwashed by Fox & other media to believe that take on reality, then there is no reasoning with them. There is the pain of the loss of connection. It is right to ask for your choice to avoid that topic of conversation to be respected. 

One thing that helps me, when I can embrace it before I get caught up in my own emotional reactions, is to try to respond with a "judo" energy. The more we resist and push back against the will of another person, the more they tend to push and push their own will on us. The tension and opposition only accelerates. Stepping aside and letting go, while seeming passive, is actually the more powerful move. But it is not easy because it means letting go of being right. You can step aside in conversations by ignoring, not responding, and even asserting, calmly, that you will not engage in that conversation and ending the conversation if they don't comply. I got some training with this when my son was younger and he got oppositional and would try to "lawyer" me. I'd reply with "I see that this is what you feel or what you think" and then move aside and not argue back, repeating, Yes, I hear you, etc. but focusing my energy on staying calm and still and not getting swept into the confrontation.

I had to do this with a friend recently who is an ardent Bernie supporter. She was upset by a comment I made on social media and she misinterpreted my intentions. I decided it was better to have a conversation on the phone since texting is more likely to further miscommunication and I explained that I was not trying to tell her who to vote for or change her mind on anything. She was highly volatile and needed to rant at me about why I was wasting my vote on Warren because (all kinds of reasons). Now, I had plenty to say, but I just quietly validated that I could hear how passionate she was about this, but I did not want to talk about politics. I focused my attention on breathing and trying to remain calm and not get pulled in so she could collect herself and move on. It is like trying to not add fuel to a fire so it expends itself and goes out. Not easy! And I like Bernie, so perhaps that was easier than listening to someone whose "facts" are WAY off. But it was hard to let go and not respond to the internalized sexism of some of her statements, and her accusation that Warren was not a real progressive, etc. I would not have done this if the relationship didn't matter so much to me, and she didn't normally treat me with love and respect. Some people may need to be kept more at a distance, especially if they are very disrespectful of your feelings and boundaries. 

Hope you find a way to navigate this with greater peace! Practice helps!

BlueBelle, Aheartbegins, Jeanne Mayell and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)

Posted by @journeywithme2:

Perhaps... speaking our Truth ... quietly, firmly and with love... is a healing as is the refusal to tolerate harmful interactions anymore.

Amen!

Aheartbegins, Jeanne Mayell, FEBbby23 and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@pikake)
Famed Member Registered

@unk-p Sending prayers to hold your mum in Love and Light and Healing.

ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)

Posted by @herondreams:

One thing that helps me, when I can embrace it before I get caught up in my own emotional reactions, is to try to respond with a "judo" energy. The more we resist and push back against the will of another person, the more they tend to push and push their own will on us. The tension and opposition only accelerates. Stepping aside and letting go, while seeming passive, is actually the more powerful move. 

Judo energy!  I really love that.  It's such a visual way to describe how to manage a potentially volatile conversation.  And if the other person keeps pushing, and ends up falling, you're not responsible for pushing them down.  You just get out of the way.  It's all about maintaining your balance, and it's the more powerful move.

Funny story -- I once signed up for a judo class and, unbeknownst to be, my friend and I were the only two grownup women in a group of little boys.  You should have seen how those kids were throwing me.  Quite a humbling experience.     

herondreams, Aheartbegins, Jeanne Mayell and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 62 / 106
Share: