Notifications
Clear all

How our animals support us

(@ana)
Illustrious Member Registered

Posted by: @journeywithme2

I had one of my beloveds reincarnate and return to me. It's really amazing.

Do tell!

deetoo and deetoo reacted
ReplyQuote
(@barbarmar22)
Prominent Member Registered

@deetoo yes, Mozart was our classy cat and Duke was our jazzy cat. If I could figure out how to add photos I would attach. Duke is spitting image of Jeanne's cat. 

Unk p, deetoo, Unk p and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@paul-w)
Noble Member Registered

We have several of our fur kids that are now in spirit and are watching over us. One, in particular (a golden named "Buddy" who passed suddenly about ten years ago from hemangio sarcoma"), has taken an active interest in my current illness. He likes to pop images into our heads and has quite the sense of humor.

Several examples include one time when the nurse was having a lot of trouble starting a line (I have large veins, but they roll). After about three very painful and unsuccessful tries, I asked Buddy for help. He popped an image into our heads of him, standing on his hind legs, wearing a doctor's white coat with a "Dr. Buddy" name tag, holding a syringe that he was holding needle end up clearing the air out of the barrel. The nurse got it on the next try.

A few weeks ago my wife and eye went to see a regional theatre production of "Saturday Night Fever". The closing scene had Tony walking off of stage in his white suit with one finger pointing straight up. After we got home and were talking about the show Buddy popped that image into my head - except it was Buddy in the white suit. I burst out laughing and my wife asked me what was so funny. Before I could answer, Buddy popped the exact same image into her head.

I talk to Buddy often.

Buddy is not the only dog that comes to me. Every night when I say my prayers I send love and light to a dog that I had about 30 years ago that I lost in a divorce named "Bear". I always get a feeling of love that washes over me when I do this The other night when we were talking to an animal communicator I mentioned this experience. Bear came through to the communicator and told her that she feels my love when I send her love and light and she is returning it. Blew me away.

Maggieci, Unk p, deetoo and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)

@ana I will - as soon as I can condense it down .. its a bit of a long story.

Iridium and Iridium reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dannyboy)

Our current chunk of chocolate lab goodness does not hug or cuddle - his role is a supporting role in our house - his sole existence is to make us smile, which he does all the time by being a goofball.

Prior to him we had a Saint Bernard.  She was gorgeous and for the first years we lived together in our house, she was the baby.  She enjoyed that tremendously.  After we got married and decided to try and have children she really stepped up.  I was stiff upper lip for my wife after each miscarriage, but when she'd go to bed I'd sit on the sofa and cry.  The Saint always came over and "hugged" me until I stopped.  The first time we tried IVF it didn't work, and the day we found out she did the same thing.  The second time we tried IVF and it DID work she became fiercely protective of my wife.

While she was not fond of the twins when they finally came, I've never been more grateful to share my home with an animal as I was for that dog during some difficult periods of my life.  She was a hugger and I miss that - but thankfully we haven't had that level of trauma in our lives since.  And if we had to be trapped in our house  during the quarantine with an animal, one with the sense of humor of Oliver was what we needed most!

Maggieci, ghandigirl, matildagirl and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unk-p)

monday-morning-mlk-day-open-thread-mark-the-day-2.png (524×526)

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: