Notifications
Clear all

Holiday Rooftop Revolving Lounge Decorated here 4 U from Now to New Years Day

(@jd1960)
Reputable Member Registered

This is a very uplifting thread! Love all the posts...

May I add some festive tunes?  It's from YouTube, I have this collection on Vinyl and play on a good system, enjoy and have a safe season! I don't post much, but do read a lot...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_o0JBk13TU&list=PLRlMwG_6L7WWgitggRhJW5pUnSaJysz4M&index=9

CC21, deetoo, lenor and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@jd1960 I love this music. I'm in an ice skating rink going round and round while the organ plays. It's at the base of our high rise revolving lounge.

CC21, deetoo, lenor and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)
Illustrious Member Registered

Come, sit ... enjoy a hot beverage??❄️☃️ Wassail,hot chocolate,cider,mulled wine of your choice. Enjoy quiet contemplative company by the fireside.

https://youtu.be/siZ-oI95rlM

I made us a dessert charcuterie board to share while we relax

CC21, BlueBelle, TriciaCT and 19 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@journeywithme2 That latest music you posted is now going to play in my house while I figure out things. So meditative and kind to the soul. 

CC21, deetoo, JourneyWithMe2 and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)

@jeanne-mayell  and all the joy of a crackling fire with none of the mess or heat loss up the chimney!

CC21, deetoo, jsr78 and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@matildagirl)
Famed Member Registered

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=geuo8ACc0ew

An annual event for Christmas in Sydney Carols by Candlelight.

Regards to all

CC21, deetoo, jsr78 and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dannyboy)

Today is the day we move our elf on the shelf all day using a sleight of hand my wife and I have developed over the years.  The girls will be 11 this March so we know our time with the magic is pretty much up, but - we won't stop bringing our elf out and pretending he's magic even after we know they no longer believe.

Normally we go to church on Christmas Eve and while the girls are getting in the car, we move him one last time and put him next to 4 presents we're allowed to open Christmas Eve night - always pajamas, and always from Fergus T. Elf.  He also always leaves a letter.  I love writing it every year!

Here's a preview of the letter he's leaving us this year.  Merry Christmas to you all :-) 

To Emma and Leah, to Daddy and Mom,

When you wake up tomorrow I’ll be long gone

This year was a treasure, each year with you better

Which is why I always leave you this one final letter

This present is for you to open right now

And tomorrow there’ll be more for you, this I vow!

It sounds like next year you’ll spend Christmas at Disney

I’ve always wanted to see that place, please please please take me!

While next year you’re older with new things to achieve

I still come and visit you, if you still believe

The spirit of Christmas is filled with love magic

And if you were to lose that, I’d find it so tragic

Before I leave to head back to the pole

There’s something I want each one of you to know

In a world filled with chaos, I just want to say

There are things you can do to make magic each day

Be kind to each other, work hard at your school

And always choose love even when others are cruel

Always choose kindness when given the choice

Stick up for others, use the love in your voice

I’ll see you next year, my beautiful friends

And wish you the best as this current year ends

And always remember be both good, and yourself

Goodbye, and I’ll miss you

Love,

Fergus T. Elf.

CC21, Lauren, TriciaCT and 37 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@febbby23)

@dannyboy that’s really beautiful.  It brought tears to my eyes. Your kids are blessed.  Merry Christmas ? 

CC21, Lauren, deetoo and 17 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Baba
(@baba)
Illustrious Member Moderator

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all! Greetings from in front of a cheery fire with a never ending bowl of peanut M&Ms and a large and varied plate of German Christmas cookies. This is the dark time of the year in the far north so everything is made more cheerful and festive with plenty of lights and candles. Enjoy the day and enjoy the feasting and festivities with your loved ones!

CC21, Lauren, TriciaCT and 29 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@luminous)

Well... Santa has been.

The gift I have received is love and hope.

Merry Christmas everyone!

CC21, Lauren, FEBbby23 and 23 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dannyboy)

Merry Christmas to all of you!  I hope your day has been filled with love!

CC21, Lauren, FEBbby23 and 19 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ana)

Two of my son's housemates tested covid-positive on Thursday.  We had Christmas dinner outside on the patio with my son at a separate table.  It was actually kind of fun that way.  We were fortunate that the weather was perfect: sunny and 73 F.

(My son feels fine, is triple vaxxed, and had three negative rapid covid tests, most recently this morning. Other than the visit today, he is isolating alone.  My husband and I also tested negative yesterday and this morning.)

CC21, Lauren, FEBbby23 and 19 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

Merry Christmas from Arizona where it has bee raining on and off for 2 days.  Most welcome weather in a dry parched land.

May you all feel loved and may each of you notice the many blessings which fill your lives daily.

May peace prevail on earth and in your homes wherever you may be today.

CC21, Lauren, Maggieci and 21 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jsr78)
Famed Member Registered

Happy Holidays!!

CC21, Lauren, Luminous and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ghandigirl)

With all of these losses of loved ones, friends, and family, and the added pressure of imperfect/absent relationships, Christmas can feel like a hardship. And even though I think this is so, it is also true, especially in light of our losses, that this will be the holiest of all Christmases in our lifetime.

The past years have taught us all one irrefutable fact; We are all interconnected. What we do, and don't do, affects all others in ways large and small. Our attitude and actions ripple outward.

For myself, I am counting my blessings, and hoping to make some new traditions.

Honoring some past ones, like eggnog and overeating. Now it feels like the Holidays.

Merry Christmas everybody! May the joy of this day fill you with as Jeanne Mayell said, "the wonder of being alive."

CC21, Lauren, Luminous and 19 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@enkasongwriter)
Famed Member Participant

In New York, it was raining before the sun came out by the afternoon. I think the winter will be mild.

CC21, Lauren, Luminous and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @ghandigirl
With all of these losses of loved ones, friends, and family, and the added pressure of imperfect/absent relationships, Christmas can feel like a hardship. And even though I think this is so, it is also true, especially in light of our losses, that this will be the holiest of all Christmases in our lifetime.

Thank you for this beautiful truth. No matter how hard or difficult our feelings, there is something so beautiful about breathing them in. 

Wishing you all the holiest of holidays.

CC21, Lauren, Luminous and 17 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)

Thank you, everyone, for your beautiful, lighthearted, and insightful messages. You are reminding me to always look for the blessing in whatever crosses my path.

Last night as I was reflecting on the personal and collective challenges of this past year, I happened to read a quote by Michael J. Fox, which I will share with you:

If you don't think you have anything to be grateful for, keep looking.  Because you don't just receive optimism.  You can't wait for things to be great and then be grateful for that.  You've got to behave in a way that promotes that.

As I came through the darkness, I had an insight about being grateful and how gratitude makes optimism sustainable.  [emphasis: mine]

Corsello, Andrew, "Unbreakable: After a tough, dark spell, Michael J. Fox has emerged steelier, more realistic -- and ready to tackle whatever comes next," AARP The Magazine, Dec. 2021/Jan. 2022, p. 38.

I am grateful for all of you.  ❤️

CC21, Lauren, Lovendures and 25 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@maggieci)
Noble Member Registered

@jeanne-mayell ...and all fellow journeyers here, you've made life more sweet and I appreciate you!

Our Christmas was very quiet, without the usual get-togethers, but we exchanged bottles of wine and boxes of chocolates with our neighbors, and emails and photos with family. It felt more heart-centered even as we hunkered down to avoid Omicron. I feel connected to community. 

May 2022 bring you blessings by twos! 

In numerology, 2022 is a 6 year, symbolizing family, social responsibility, compassion, and healing. May it be so!

CC21, FEBbby23, Lauren and 17 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@enkasongwriter)
Famed Member Participant

My father and I got our Moderna boosters today. We arrived at around 8:45 am, where there were at least 10 people waiting before us. We waited until noon to get vaccinations, where the worker made us split into two lines: one for Moderna and the other for Phizer.

CC21, Maggieci, FEBbby23 and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3
Share: