Notifications
Clear all

Holiday Rooftop Revolving Lounge Decorated here 4 U from Now to New Years Day

(@ana)
Illustrious Member Registered

I wasn't sure what category to put this in-- it's humor, holiday, and COVID.  

But we had a scenario much like these when we learned my son had been exposed to COVID just before Christmas day. (At the time he tested negative and we wanted to include him, but stay safe...)

https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2021/12/28/quirky-covid-holiday-celebrations-moos-vpx.cnn

lenor, CC21, deetoo and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator

So I have 2 girls in their 20's, one who lives in Texas and one who lives in our state.  We were all together for Christmas (yay) and I thought it would be fun to gift some fun games for us to enjoy this Christmas.  

Well, the one that was our favorite was Throw Throw Burrito, a card game/dodge burrito (ball) action game. 

It was a blast for our family It's a short game and I was laughing super hard each time we played, we all were.  We are a competitive family and throwing memory foam burritos at each other was hysterical.  There were Burrito Brawls, Burrito Duels and Burrito Wars.  

SO if you want a action game for teens and above. you could consider this game...but make sure the breakables are not too close.  ( Or the Christmas tree)

My dog enjoyed it too.  He would get so excited when we would count down for a duel, he would bark and even try and steal our burritos.

Luminous, CC21, kksali and 17 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@elaineg)
Famed Member Registered

Well, I was by myself. My brother sent me Christmas money, and I bought toys. I would take four at a time to the Free table at the laundry mat for anybody that needed a gift. The free table was originally for lost clothes, but people put other things on it like food. That's how I got a few green tomatoes. I also left Christmas items from my sister's house. like serving dishes, and snowmen, and more. Other people did the same. It was fun.

For Christmas dinner, there was no place to go, so I made a little dinner for me and the "homeless" guy that I've fed for six years. No turkey, but I made cornbread dressing, which I thought was pretty good. My brother's stepdaughter sent to Tahiti. 

Luminous, lenor, CC21 and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

@elaineg 

I love your "free table". that is a wonderful idea.  You are so thoughtful to think of others, I am certain the homeless man is grateful for your help and support.

May you have a wonderful New Years.

Luminous, lenor, CC21 and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 CC21
(@cc21)

@jeanne-Mayell and all — love this thread! Wishing you all a (belated) Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

We just returned from a long road trip to Myrtle Beach, SC from Michigan to spend Christmas with my sister and brother-in-law. We had a wonderful time and it was so needed. We hadn’t traveled that far since the Before Times (we made this trek for 7 years every summer and my brother and late Mom would join) and it felt so good to get out of our house and routines and heads. We were really lucky to enjoy some unusually warm weather (70s and sunny…where it is usually in the 50s there in Dec.) 

Very grateful (love the quote about gratitude, @deetoo !) for a safe trip, good weather and a relaxing and happy visit. 

I thought of all of you on this list, especially the tree-lovers, when we went to Brookgreen Gardens "Night of One Thousand Candles." They put candles and lights all throughout the garden. It was magical and otherworldly. Just incredible. My favorite was Live Oak Allee where the 250-year-old oak trees were literally dripping with hanging lights. It was completely immersive and amazing. May we all be the lights as we approach this new year!

Maggieci, Jeanne Mayell, DannyBoy and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@matildagirl)
Famed Member Registered

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J0OQ1LkLjIw

2021 New Year’s Eve fireworks Sydney Harbour

Best wishes for 2022

regards to all

Maggieci, lenor, Luminous and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@luminous)
Illustrious Member Registered

Happy New Year everyone!

Wishing you all good health, prosperity and happiness.

Marigold, lenor, deetoo and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3
Share: