Notifications
Clear all

Reading Our Pets

(@journeywithme2)
Illustrious Member Registered

@dannyboy  You are spot on about his sense of humor!!! A rather "Man called Ove " kinda guy LOL

Doc and I figured him to be between 8-10 years old when we neutered him and that was 3 years ago.. so .. he is a senior old man. For the love and care he gave to his chosen dog he has earned his comfy, cozy,safe harbor here for as long as he wants it.

Lauren and deetoo reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ghandigirl)

My little cat Cleo is doing so well now. She has been sicker with thyroid issues and underweight. Her med's were upped and she is gaining weight and digesting properly. She is 9`years old and I thought I was going  to lose her.

Interestingly, I also was ill this year and became underweight. Like Cleo I am feeling better and able to eat more.i have gained a few pounds back. 

How wonderful it is to recover together!

Lauren, deetoo and MtGal99 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dannyboy)

Gang - A timeline cleanse for anyone who needs it.

Boone the Therapy Doodle had a breakthrough at obedience training two weekends ago and while he was always good at schools last year, we finally see an end in sight for getting him to pass the therapy dog exam he'll need to take to be fully licensed.  

Here's a picture from yesterday at one of the schools I bring him to regularly, where they want to encourage his presence so much they built him his own office. 

No need to read him unless you'd like to but this dog is spreading so much love and joy everywhere he goes.  It's an honor to be his chauffeur.

ghandigirl, JourneyWithMe2, Lauren and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@freya)
Noble Member Registered

@dannyboy What a love of a dog.  What can I say, DannyBoy?  Boone... and you have many similar qualities.  Love to you both.

Lauren and Unk p reacted
ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)

A new dumpee/feral has shown up - working on trapping in a Hav-A-Heart trap for TNVR . Currently have not succeeded for over two weeks now... don't even know if it's male or female. Anybody know why I draw so many in??? Current count 7 cats and 1 dog. Anybody get anything on this baby?

Lauren, Unk p, Maggieci and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@seaholly)
Reputable Member Moderator

The photo you posted@journeywithme2 of the feral cat tells me that this kitty does not trust humans easily. She (although I cannot tell if it’s a male or female but I feel a soft, delicate energy from this feline so I’ll call her a she for now) has had to be self reliant from an early age and may have been harmed physically either directly or most definitely through neglect. Her life has been difficult. I sense the hunting for food has not always been successful and is extremely stressful. It also feels that she was abandoned by someone who did not want to deal with her and was let go in a desolate area near trees, tall grass and a road. Behind the fear there is a deep sadness from lack of love and abandonment. She just wants to be loved and away from a stressful life. This cat knows loves exist and is craving it but finds the world cruel. I also feel that if this cat can be trapped and cared for with patience, she would make an adorable and thoroughly affectionate floof and a great companion especially to an elderly person. Her personality can be quite quirky, fun and loving but she needs to feel secure for it to come out. I also sense that she would crave a quiet home away from lots of noise and tumultuous energy. I see this kitty laying on a soft bed in the sun, contently purring and happy. I feel the reason these strays are attracted to you is because they can feel your energy which is loving and compassionate. You are meant to be their “helper” and “saviour”. When they show up, it’s because they want help. And they are eternally grateful to you in their own, unique way because they keep sending you loving energy as a thank you. You are blessed with feline love! Lucky you.

Lauren, ghandigirl, Unk p and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)

@seaholly   Thank you for your input! This orange boy I TNVR last October has taken this one under his wing ... and it grows braver each day... and gets fed free choice before I take it up at dusk each day and put back out at dawn. Has grown a good bit in the month and a half its been getting regular meals and no longer runs when sees me ...but still watches from a safe distance. I am patient and will continue to help the best I can.

Lauren, ghandigirl, Unk p and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@cindy)
Illustrious Member Registered Participant

I'm limping around in the last few days, thanks to little troublemaker Desi the yellow lab. She likes to chew on seashells, which is fine. It's better than chewing on the furniture, walls, or rugs. But two days ago, in the middle of the night, I got out of bed in the dark and stepped on one that she'd cracked, thereby taking a chunk out of the bottom of my foot. I've been less than productive since. This morning, she came bounding in the house with what I believed to be a blob of macadam. This dog can sniff out a rock buried anywhere, which is why my backyard is full of holes. Having a sore foot, I didn't fill in yesterday's hole, and figured this was spoils from said excavation. Not so. When she put the object down, it turned out to be a rather young turtle with a damage shell. At first, I wasn't sure it was alive, but after a while in the sink where it was quiet and there were no dogs poking at it, it came out of its shell. I took a picture and sent it to a friend who rehabs animals for an opinion. I've now got the name and address of the proper person to look after it here in town. 

The poor thing is hurt, but going about the job of living. How scary it must have been to run into a large yellow creature who thought it was a toy. But that frightening trip was the universe working its magic. It will go somewhere that will give it the best chance of surviving as a result. I couldn't help (being the Pollyanna that I am) but think of it in terms of what's going on in the world. Many of us are overwhelmed with all that is going on. Just remember, as you go about your day, that just like this little turtle who was probably run over by a lawnmower, we can all be led to a place after violence, injury, and turmoil that will lead to survival and a better outcome. 

Lauren, pafc, JourneyWithMe2 and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unk-p)

@dannyboy that dog looks suspiciously like Bob Ross.  You should maybe spring for painting lessons for him.

ReplyQuote
(@ghandigirl)

@cindy 

I love turtles. What a great story and reminder that we can heal. Thank you for this, I really appreciated it.

ReplyQuote
(@freya)
Noble Member Registered

@journeywithme2  Re cat photo:  Shrewd. Reminds me (not in looks but in attitude) of my "Felicity" who was a little Einstein... only respect, patience and unconditional love will win this one over... but it is worth it...

ReplyQuote
(@dannyboy)

I am once again swamped with work and I haven't been as active on this portion of my life lately, but... today I'm in a local district working with some of my mentees and having some of my standing meetings and I brought Boone the Therapy doodle with me.  He just had the BEST time helping me supervise lunch - a job I volunteered to do because it's all downtime for the kids so there's no rush for them to give him a quick pet and move on.  Let's all smile at how much joy this good boy is spreading with kids.  The best part of bringing him with me is having kids say "This is seriously the best day ever!  We need a dog here every day!"  

Maggieci, Freya, Cindy and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)

@dannyboy  🙌❤️❤️❤️❤️

Lauren reacted
ReplyQuote
(@cindy)
Illustrious Member Registered Participant

@dannyboy-I love the smile on Boone's face. He was just as happy as the kids, it seems. 

Freya reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dracaena)
Honorable Member Registered

Please read my sister's pet Gibbs, he is 12 years old and recently lost weight, but eats a lot.   The dr ran tests and found nothing wrong.  Bella is a new kitten joined the household last summer.   He plays with her sometimes but has not bonded with her.   Is Gibbs sick or just upset with the new kitten.  How can we make the transition better. Thanks

Love & Light, Dracaena

ReplyQuote
(@dracaena)

Gibbs

Jeanne Mayell, Freya, JourneyWithMe2 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dracaena)

Bella

Sorry for all the posts/ @jeanne can you delete the others?

Jeanne Mayell, Freya, JourneyWithMe2 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)

@dracaena One thing you can do , is use Feliway Multi-cat formula diffusers ... one for each room they are in together. 
This is pheromone therapy.

The multi-cat formula releases the same pheromone the nursing mother cat releases to help her kittens feel at ease and comfortable as they nurse,grow and get along. 

I use them for my foster kitties, and medically afflicted cats. It really eases tension between them.

You can buy it online from Amazon or Chewy. As long as they are not fighting and hurting each other allow them to make their own boundaries and spaces and interactions. Think a 2-4 year old toddler with a 65-80 senior ... the youngun is a bit too active in a seniors eyes and they only have just so much energy to expend.

ReplyQuote
(@dracaena)

@journeywithme2 

Thank you for the suggestion of pheromone therapy, that's a good idea.  I'll ck out amazon.

Love & Light, Dracaena

ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)

@dracaena has he had increased urination and drinking more water? Was he obese before the weight loss? What tests were run? Was he checked for intestinal parasites? Diabetes? Thyroid disease? Renal function? Knowing what tests and results are will help rule out medical issues and help to see if its stress related.

Jeanne Mayell and tybin reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 28 / 29
Share: