Notifications
Clear all

A symbol came to me in a dream... with a message attached.

vida
(@vida)
Reputable Member Registered
Topic starter  

I was on vacation last week with family, when I had one particularly restless night. I was in the middle of a peculiar dream the first time my youngest woke me up, in which a good friend of mine made an appearance in order to hand me a piece of paper, upon which was scrawled a symbol:

IMAGE #1

Let me take this opportunity to say that I have NEVER seen this symbol before. But every time I got back to sleep after my son woke me up, I would return to dreaming... and the symbol would reappear in a different form: scrawled in sand, etched in stone, printed in a book. I remember examining the symbol in my dream state trying to figure out what it could mean. Is it an ancient icon for the 10 Commandments? Is it a hieroglyph? 

When I finally woke for the day, I ran over to the pad of paper to draw what I'd seen and showed it to my sister (she's an Ancient Egypt enthusiast and a hell of a researcher) and she immediately told me it wasn't a hieroglyph. She and I both squeezed in some research while the kids got ready for the pool to see if there was anything to this image or if it was just a construct of my imagination.

Suddenly, she found something. 

"I think it's a trigram." She pushed her iPad in my direction to show me an image of the Trigram chart for the I Ching, something I hadn't seen since taking Eastern Religions class in college.

"See, look at the top," she explained. "The arc and the wave. It's a deconstructed Yin/Yang."

IMAGE #2

"Now look at the small lines," she said, and pointed to the trigram chart. "That's earth."

IMAGE #3

She tilted my paper to the side and pointed to the three longer lines running perpendicular to the small lines. "And these long ones... that's heaven." 

IMAGE #4

My response: "Holy sh*t."

Together, my sister and I had deciphered the major part of this clue, but the whole thing wouldn't make sense until I'd gotten home and had a chance to open up my I Ching to see if it translated into anything. If you're not familiar with the I Ching, just think of it as an Ancient Chinese divination tool. (More here:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Ching )

So here's what I did last night. The first thing you have to do when you have two trigrams is figure out what's on top. I used the left to right of the yin/yang curves to tell me that the long (yang) lines took priority, and therefore stacked up on top, which produced the hexagram linked below:

IMAGE #5

Then, I opened the book up to the chapter in which Heaven and Earth are stacked one above the other.

It brought me to the chapter titled "Obstruction." (Note: The I Ching is very heady stuff, so I won't provide the literal translation because it's very abstract, but the edition I own breaks it down in terms much easier to understand. Small lines are referred to as "yin" while the longer lines are referred to as "yang." It unpacks the meanings of each row from bottom to top.)

Here's what it said, paraphrased:

Tranquility cannot last forever. The pattern of things is to come and go. This is why obstruction follows. Whatever is born between heaven and earth is the Way of humanity. Obstruction negates, or blocks the Way of developed (or enlightened) people, giving free passage to petty, misguided, or "small" people. The course of action of petty people grows. The course of action of developed people wanes. 

FIRST YIN: In a time characterized by obstruction, enlightened people are kept behind while petty people move ahead. It is the task of enlightened people to extend their own enlightenment and avoid disaster while the petty people have the power. 

2 YIN: Great people in times of obstruction will manage themselves by following the Way. They will not be obedient to the petty people above them. They will preserve themselves and their hearts while the chaos flurries around them. 

3 YIN: The petty people in charge are subject to extremes and impasses. "Inside them is craft and deviousness, which knows no limits." (Trump?)

4 YANG: This line represents those close to positions of leadership who might have the ability to resolve obstruction. If they can exert influence, they can resolve it. If the leaders themselves are being blocked, resentment and blame ensue. (Democratic party??)

5 YANG: When great people are in a position to stop obstruction and therefore restore tranquility, they are not still free from obstruction. This means it will not do to be complacent. "It is necessary to think deeply and be aware of the long view, always watching out for the return of obstruction." Stability is necessary for a change to take hold.

TOP YANG: After obstruction is joy. The top yang represents the end of obstruction, when things come to a peak and finally reverse course. Tranquility returns. 

I've always had an inclination toward this kind of thing, but it appears as though my life is becoming more and more like a Harry Potter book. I can't tell if I'm scared or enthralled. But there it is, and I invite you to ruminate on what else the hexagram might be saying. 

Svetlana, KB, AriC and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@kateinpdx)
Noble Member Registered

Wow Vida, that is amazing! 

It seems to be in line with the predictions too.  There are some good words of wisdom there.  

Jeanne Mayell, vida, Jeanne Mayell and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Vida, That is so intriguing. I love the mystery and puzzle of it all. And how you have solved it.  It fits what I see as a vision of our present world's dialectic and the struggle between the petty (yin) and the great (yang).   It tells us what is going on right now and it prophecies where we are headed because of those lines that you laid out for us. 

I believe the IChing is the most profound of the divination tools. It is also probably the oldest in recorded history. That your vision came in the form of the IChing is mysterious and makes me wonder, with awe, what pocket of wisdom you tapped into. 

The translation of the name IChing is Book of Changes. It depicts the movement of energy according  to the yin yang symbol. So no accident that you saw the Yin Yang symbol in the vision you had.

The Yin Yang symbol is a flat (2-D) representation of a 3-D phenomenon.  It is the movement of energy between two polar opposites or complements. In this case, it is the movement from the petty to the great.  It says that the petty is in charge now. No surprise there!  In the case of our present day political discourse on this site,  it's between Republican policies and Democratic policies.

Although there are kind, loving, Republicans, and there are greedy, ontrolling democrats, we are talking here about dominant behaviors that have  unfolded over the last forty years and driven our country.  In that respect, the Republican Party has been driven by "the petty" and it's behavior has been dominated by selfishness, greed, patriarchy, domination of the few over the many,  lies and hate.  The opposite side, "the great," is more humane rule by the people, caring, generosity, matriarchy, freedom, and love. 

The movement of the yin/yang dynamic is depicted in this video of a black-hole (go to minute 4).   The point is that the dark energy that dominates now, will shift to the opposite hexagram over time where yin is on top and yang is on the bottom. That is the vision of the future I have seen. I pray everyday I am correct. 

Svetlana, AriC, Michele and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 vida
(@vida)
Topic starter  

Thank you so much for adding context to this, Jeanne. That video was absolutely fascinating. Honest to goodness, I have owned a copy of the I Ching since college and have not opened it since 2001 (when I took the eastern religions class). It couldn't have been further from my consciousness to look in there for answers. For a few days, I felt like Robert Langdon from The DaVinci Code. :)

I've been seeing so much of this cyclical theme appearing, not only here, but among historians and economists. My hope is that, as you said, we are not trapped in some kind of 2D circle, but rather spiraling toward a better future. 

When I was a young adult and quite sick with complications from coming down with Mono, I was in bed, crying, feeling angry at the universe for my sickness. That was when I had my first vision. In it, I saw a brilliant star - like our sun. Suddenly, small fissures began to form all around it until it burst into sparkling dust. Each spark descended into the heart of every human being, but it was still tethered by a thin thread to a point in the center of my field of vision where the star used to be. At that point, the thread began to pull people back to the center - and I noticed that those people who were holding hands, or hugging one another, or carrying each other, would travel faster to the center than those who were alone, and their inner spark glowed more brilliantly as well.

I've been thinking about that vision more often, especially now that we are trying to survive this period of divisiveness and polarization. I have to believe that, at some point, we'll collectively wake up and realize we are all one - individual sparks, but part of/tethered to a single source we are destined to return to. 

AriC, Lola, Jeanne Mayell and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Vida, so wonderful, these visions of yours. They lift my heart.

ReplyQuote
 vida
(@vida)
Topic starter  

I'm glad that I can offer some light. I have other light offerings that I have not shared as yet, since they sometimes get shoved to the back of my consciousness when the headlines get particularly bad. When I next get a chance, I'll be sure to post the positive metaphysical experience I had last month. It will resonate with some of your predictions about Native American energy on the rise. 

ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

Vida and Jeanne - thank you so  much for all this. I have to say this is ALL very "Man in the High Castle", especially since I've been feeling since Nov. 9 that we somehow ended up in the wrong timeline. 

Jeanne Mayell, BlueBelle, Jeanne Mayell and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@kateinpdx)
Noble Member Registered

Laura, I can completely relate to feeling like we woke up in the wrong timeline on Nov. 9th.  I hadn't quite thought of it in those words, but you say it perfectly, IMHO.  I'm still in disbelief about it.  

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

I hope some of you might consider coming to the July 26 prediction night on line that I'm holding. It's free (consider a donation but not required).  We will be meditating on the future after I give you all some instruction, and we will have a special meditation included for positive visions only. 

Svetlana, vida, Svetlana and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 vida
(@vida)
Topic starter  

Jeanne: I will absolutely try to attend on 7/26. Last time, I had to "audit" the call, as I was nursing my little one while it was happening, but maybe this time the universe will cut me a break so I can participate more actively. :)

Jeanne Mayell, Michele, Jeanne Mayell and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Vida, that would be lovely.  So nice that you have a little one to nurse!

ReplyQuote
 KB
(@kb)
Prominent Member Registered

Vida, another big wow from me.  Thank you so much for sharing your extraordinary visions.  Like Jeanne, I love the mystery and puzzle, too, and especially that the energy of obstruction eventually dissolves.  Your beautiful writing is the icing on the cake. 

ReplyQuote
Share: