Notifications
Clear all

Dreams - Transpersonal - Share with us here

(@ghandigirl)
Illustrious Member Registered

Just awoke from a long and detailed dream about going to/living in hell. I have been having strange dreams for several nights now which is unusual in and of itself. 

I never think about hell, it is not part of my religion or frame of reference and I do see how strands of things from yesterday contributed.

I have seen visions of Heaven but this was something new. It was a dream though and not a vision.

I will not share the details as I am hoping they fade away. I am believing that this dream was born of anxiety and the news cycle.

Perhaps I am needing to find the Heaven on Earth. Perhaps I should take better care of myself, particularly my heart and my mental health. 

I am regrouping now and think this is the lesson. To appreciate each new day and try to be happy and not so sad. To believe things will get better for me and the world. To not get sucked into a vortex of fear and hopelessness. 

I am calling upon angels to comfort me and picturing my loved ones in Heaven to reassure me.

BlueBelle, Aheartbegins, BlueBelle and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator

Had an interesting dream this morning.  

I was visiting a beach with 2 family members and my dog.  There was a decent amount of nature but also a few high rise condos nearby.  As I was looking at the circular high-rise condo down the way in front of us, a tornado or some type of super cell storm opened up right in front of it and started blowing the building apart.  We took off running toward our hotel/condo and I knew we needed to get to the elevator for some reason.  They were elevators that traveled the outside of a building but were built VERY strongly and had thick windows.  For some reason the goal was to get one level up to the first floor only. The elevator was small but the 3 of us and our dog fit snuggly.  The dog was in my daughter's hands and we were facing away from the tornado when it hit.  We could feel the impact of the winds and see the debris flying around. Then I woke up.  

My actual real life dog was in the dream but a smaller version of him.  My daughters were also present.  While the dream was happening, I felt it odd that I wanted to be in the elevator as it didn't make much sense logically, but it felt important to be there but stationary on a low floor like floor one. That elevator was super strong and reminded me a somewhat  of a tiny space craft.

If the dream is foretelling something, it might be about a tornado or the like, but it might also be about space and possibly about an incident like what happened with Russia blowing up the satellite and the space station being in danger.  

Or, it might just be a weird personal dream.  But I think it might be more than that.

PamP, BlueBelle, Maggieci and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@lovendures According to the first tornado preparation website that popped up in google, elevators or stairwells are the best places to be if you are in an apartment building with a tornado.   So funny that the dog was smaller - probably so he could fit in the elevator. Feels like a climate change vision.  Storms are on the rise due to climate change. Notice that you were in the right place, and were safe. 

PamP, Maggieci, Vesta and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@cindy)
Illustrious Member Registered Participant

@lovendures could you tell if you were in TX? A few months ago I posted here about a dream of a massive tornado outbreak in TX, and much like your dream others besides myself were safe in a luxury home watching through large but secure glass windows. Just like your dream @jeanne-mayell thought that it was a dream warning of climate change.

PamP, BlueBelle, Vesta and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@coyote)

I need a fresh perspective on a dream I had back in April. In the dream I was on a river cruise with several other 20-somethings and we were traveling the Danube. We docked in Vienna (a place I've never been to) and started walking the shore. We were popping in and out of coffee houses because I in particular was looking for the perfect dessert. Everywhere I turned there were sumptuous cakes that looked like they could have been meals unto themselves, but I wasn't satisfied and kept leading the group along.

Finally we were walking around a cavernous hall that looked like the Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II in Milan (again, a place i've never been to), but no one else was there. We came to a round table that was stacked with a pyramid of biscuits. The biscuits were rectangular and consisted of mocha cream sandwiched between two chocolate sponge cakes (like very high end Vienna Fingers). I guess because they could be eaten without sitting down they were what I had in mind, so I grabbed one of the biscuits near the base of the pyramid, then the entire pyramid collapsed. We ran away so that no one would pin us as responsible for the mess; we ran into a subway station (U-bahn?) that adjoined the hall. One companion and I hopped onto a waiting train, but then the doors shut, and everyone else in the group was left behind. i panicked briefly about the group being separated, but then I was outdoors in a plaza next to the Danube with my family, as if this were now a family trip to Vienna. We were walking around trying to figure out where to eat lunch, and we got into a massive argument because we disagreed about where to go. That was the dream.

This seemed to be a dream about the collapse of the privileged, opulent lifestyle we in the industrial world are used to, with Vienna and Milan symbolizing luxury, and the baked goods symbolizing frivolity. A few months after that dream I found out that an aunt and uncle of mine had reserved spots on a Danube River cruise that was supposed to stop in Vienna, but the cruise was cancelled due to COVID and the heavy rain in Central Europe. Unlike a lot of my vivid dreams, this one was somewhat ambiguous and can be read in various ways.

PamP, BlueBelle, ChromosomeXY and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@chromosomexy)
Prominent Member Registered

@coyote 

That's a tricky dream to interpret. The three thoughts that came to my mind first were:

1. Is it possible that you are supposed to take this river cruise? Maybe there is something good in it for you?

2. Maybe an alternate version of yourself in a different dimension actually went on this cruise and it's showing you in the dream what happened? Maybe the experience was supposed to happen but couldn't because Covid interrupted it, so the dream made it possible for you to integrate those experiences into your life that were supposed to happen. 

3. Maybe you subconsciously wish to visit there and the dream was your way of going. 

I'm curious to hear what you think.

PamP, Vesta, Coyote and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@marigold)
Noble Member Registered

@coyote What a dream, it feels many-layered like a Viennese pastry. A Search for a Perfect Dessert. Time Traveling through Vienna. The Collapsing Pyramid.

Just stream-of-consciousness associations here: Maybe because I was just reading about Victory Gardens and World War I: in regard to the collapse of the pyramid of mocha cream biscuits my mind went to the beginning of WWI triggered by the assassination of the head of the Austro-Hungarian Empire Archduke Franz Ferdinand (based in Vienna in the Hofburg the imperial palace of the Habsburgs) and his wife, it was the "last straw" that ignited the war and brought about the collapse of the Empire. Thinking of the Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II in Milan, there is the Vittorio Emanuele II Monument in Rome that is referred to as  "The Wedding Cake" - more pastries and empires. Of course, these are my own projections but maybe confirming of your thought of the collapse of opulent lifestyles. And now I am wishing for a Viennese pastry!

PamP, Vesta, Lauren and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ana)

Posted by: @coyote

I need a fres h perspective on a dream I had back in April. In the dream I was on a river cruise with several other 20-somethings and we were traveling the Danube. We docked in Vienna (a place I've never been to) and started walking the shore. We were popping in and out of coffee houses because I in particular was looking for the perfect dessert. Everywhere I turned there were sumptuous cakes that looked like they could have been meals unto themselves

I don't have a good handle on what your dream means.  But I can verify that the baked goods in Konditoreien of Wien are to-die-for.  (I spent a college semester there.  And cruised on the Danube. Never been back but I want to.)

PamP, Lauren, BlueBelle and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@coyote)

@chromosomexy @marigold @ana

Thanks for the replies. ChromosomeXY, I like ideas #2 and 3 in your post. After traveling to Rome and Paris in high school I actually did use to express a desire to go to Vienna. My interest in international travel evaporated in 2016, but I guess that longing for a Vienna trip was still there. And maybe in an alternate universe I did study abroad in Vienna as a college student (2013-18). The dream seems to indicate that the outcome wouldn't have been good and that I am right to feel fulfilled with the landscapes of the Americas. Marigold, yes, I keep coming back to the collapse of empires and opulent lifestyles. I didn't know about the VE monument in Rome being called the Wedding Cake, but one thing I'm thinking of is that Milan was a major node for the spread of COVID in early 2020 (partly because of Milan Fashion Week). COVID is an ongoing collapsing event that was broadcast by late capitalism's need for endless growth, so...

Another thing is that I had a sweet tooth for baked goods up until the pandemic started. Since 2020 my desire for desserts has flagged. Although a few days before the dream myself and my parents ate dinner with my brother and his partner at their new Brooklyn apartment, and we ordered a chocolate cake from a local bakery for dessert. I usually find chocolate cakes to be too cloying, but this cake was different; not too sweet, a touch of bitterness, and just moist enough. That cake really awakened my latent sweet tooth so that for the rest of the night I was craving sugar, and that helped trigger the dream. In fact, I had the taste of that cake in my mouth all through the dream, which may have been why I settled on those mocha biscuits. Iridium, I know that Vienna is famous for its desserts, which may have been 1 of many reasons that dream took place there.

PamP, Lauren, Maggieci and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ana)

Posted by: @coyote

but one thing I'm thinking of is that Milan was a major node for the spread of COVID in early 2020 (partly because of Milan Fashion Week). COVID is an ongoing collapsing event that was broadcast by late capitalism's need for endless growth, so...

One thing no one has mentioned is that Austria has just done a complete COVID lockdown.  This is going to be really hard on the tourism economy because of the timing.  Austria's Christmas markets and holiday celebrations are just magical, and attract tourist $$ from all over the world.  Your collapsing cake tower could tie into this.   

PamP, Lauren, Maggieci and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@matildagirl)
Famed Member Registered

@coyote

When is a dream just a dream? What is it about a dream that makes you or others feel it needs interpreting? What is the trigger for that? 

Just curious, being a non intuitive as I am. 

Feel free to ignore the question.

Regards to all

PamP, Lauren, Vesta and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@chromosomexy)
Prominent Member Registered

@matildagirl 

That's what I always ask myself too. I think it's sometimes an intuitive feeling. For each person it's different. For me, if there doesn't appear to be anything in the dream that is discernibly connected to me in some way, I tend to question it more deeply. Also, if I'm watching some event unfold in a dream like it's a movie, it's cause for questioning. I think sometimes our spirit guides are showing us things in a dream. In my case, most of my dreams are symbolic and I really have to analyze them to interpret them. I rarely ever see anything happen directly, with the exception of presidential elections. 

Lauren, Maggieci, BlueBelle and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@matildagirl)
Famed Member Registered

@chromosomexy Thank you

PamP, Lauren, PamP and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

When is a dream just a dream? What is it about a dream that makes you or others feel it needs interpreting? What is the trigger for that? 

For me, there is a quality about a transpersonal dream that differs from just a personal dream. For one thing, personal dreams usually have people I know in them. And they just feel more immediate. But personal dreams often need interpreting, just as much as transpersonal dreams, because all dreams contain symbols and metaphors. The psyche thinks in symbols and metaphors.  It is one way that we can understand concepts that are beyond our everyday knowledge, i.e., to see a situation via a metaphor that we do understand. 

Also dreams in a way are always personal, since the dream is a subjective being who is processing the world around them.  But people who are more interested in global issues are probably going to have more transpersonal dreams.  

As for how to tell the difference between a personal versus a transpersonal dream, I think that comes from practice.  If you start remembering your dreams regularly, you'll be able to tell the difference. 

Personal dreams, for me, usually involve people I know personally.  Transpersonal often involve people I don't know.  There is also a more mythic quality sometimes. And a feeling, almost like a sound, that occurs.  Transpersonal dreams feel bigger to me. 

@matildagirl @coyote @chromosomexy @ana

PamP, Lauren, Maggieci and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@cindy)
Illustrious Member Registered Participant

For me, it is the feeling of the dream that is the factor which helps me differentiate between dreams with messages & regular dreams. In regular dreams, the feelings are typical of everyday life‐ joy, worry, puzzlement, etc. In dreams with messages, I wake with a feeling of something outside of the normal which I find hard to describe. Sometimes it's a sense of urgency, or a feeling that the dream is more realistic than others. Sometimes it's the people or situation in the dream make me take greater notice.

Think of a time when you felt like someone was watching you, even though you couldn't see them. In that case you felt something vs observing it. This is similar to how we feel in helping to determine what kind of dream we just had. You can notice someone looking at you and not give it a second thought, yet when you feel someone watching you-without even seeing them, it's hard to ignore the feeling.

Dreams with messages also stay with me longer after waking, unlike the typical dream where my subconscious is working on everyday problems or replaying recent events. 

PamP, FEBbby23, Lauren and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

@jeanne-mayell 

@cindy

You both made some wonderful observations.  Thank you both for sharing.  I also feel similarly.

Cindy, it is possible it could be Texas.  I have never visited a Texas beach so I am unfamiliar with what they look like.  Amazing how similar the dream actually were isn't it?

FEBbby23, Lauren, Vesta and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

Had an interesting dream this morning which made me pay attention. There were a few layers to this dream,  most of which I don't remember.  In this last layer I was in a foreign country on a neighborhood street looking at a stray cat which was near some parked cars and I had been concerned it might get hit by a car.  It seemed ok however and I walked to an outdoor business and bought something (to eat I believe) and for change received back money that I took to be from  Saudi Arabia.  I now had a mixture of Saudi cash and U.S. cash. 

The neighborhood didn't remind me of the Middle East, but I felt I was in Saudi Arabia for some reason and I felt there was some intrigue and a bit of danger to being there.  I made my way to an office building and then to a waiting room which was for a therapist/ counselor.  This room was some sort of a portal back home to the U.S.  As I entered the waiting room I realized I didn't have my purse but in the end it didn't matter because someone threw it into the waiting area and it landed on a sofa.

I woke up thinking that Saudi Arabia was going to be in the news and it would have to do with money or payments that come to light.

I went to the bathroom and had some more time to sleep so I asked before I feel back asleep if I could learn more about this dream.

I then began to dream of a Turkey being roasted in the oven.

My feeling is that there will be something in the news regarding Turkey and Saudi Arabia. Perhaps a U.S. link as well or perhaps the U.S. in quietly investigating.  Money will be part of the issue, a bribe or deal, likely secret. While the money I saw in the dream was not actually Saudi or Turkish ( I researched), it was colorful money and had values greater than 100 on the bills.  

Jeanne Mayell, BlueBelle, PamP and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@sistermoon)
Famed Member Registered

Curious about something:

Have any of you recently dreamed about packing for a trip and/or going on a trip, whether by land, sea, or air? Wondering if any of you have had 'travel dreams' and, if so, what feeling did the dream provoke in you?

I should note you might not have been actually traveling in the dream -- I also mean dreams in which you are planning to take a trip, packing for a trip, making your way to your destination, boarding a boat, plane, etc.

Thank you for indulging my curiosity and not-so-scientific research here :)

Jeanne Mayell, BlueBelle, PamP and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@marigold)
Noble Member Registered

@SisterMoon Looking back through my dream journals I found three dreams about travel/trip within the last year. Maybe they will be of help for your research. I've kept dream journals since 1987. A couple of years ago I was going to toss them out but my husband encouraged me to keep them and transcribe the contents. Which I did. Now I have 78 single-spaced pages of dreams and, like the buckets of water in The Sorcerer's Apprentice, they just keep coming.

11/21/21: Walking in a city neighborhood with my husband, looking for a house that we would like to have. All the houses (free standing and town houses)had chutes leading down their small front lawns to the street. The chutes were filled with black walnuts rolling down to the street. As for the feeling provoked: an adventure, fun looking for a house, and amusement/mystery about all the black walnuts.

4/4/21: On a train going home. I could see that the train was coming uncoupled in the middle and I was in the back part. I ran for the front but the train had already been separated. How would I get home? I stopped and visited at a school where I used to work but I wanted to go home. It was dark night and I was still 6-7 miles from home. I thought I could probably walk or find a place where I could call my husband to come get me. Feeling provoked: mild panic, how to get home?! Then I figured out a way - under my own steam with help from my husband.

1/28/21: I was driving on a 2 lane road through a forest at night. I came to a T intersection and a stop sign where I heard a man's voice feebly cry out for help. I came to a stop, my car's  headlights lit up across the road a large, beautiful female deer in the forest   Should I help the person who cried out for help? I opened the car door and shouted: Who needs help?! I woke myself up crying out these words. Feeling: comfortable in the forest at night, so happy and magical to see the beautiful female deer in the forest, wondering if it was safe to respond to the faint male voice calling for help but thought I would at least ask who needs help.

Jeanne Mayell, PamP, Vesta and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

@sistermoon 

I frequently have dreams where I am on some sort of transportation ( Car, bus, plane) or where I am packing for a trip, in a foreign country or in a different state from which I reside in real life. At times they have been predictive dreams which have come true in the not to distant future.  Other times they are personal or seem to be built on day residue ( things I that have occurred in some way during the day). 

Jeanne Mayell, BlueBelle, PamP and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 49 / 63
Share: