Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Joe Biden

(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@jeanne-mayell

Climate Change was one of his four pillars, I know you must have heard that.

TriciaCT, PamP, Isabelle and 11 people reacted
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

The little boy was incredible.  I loved how  personal it was.  A night of hope and healing.  He can bring us back from grief. I loved how he said you can recover from devastating loss of you have purpose.  He turned out to be the candidate we need. He also looked healthy and strong and up to the task to power this country forward. 

TriciaCT, PamP, 2ndfdl and 23 people reacted
(@michele-b)
Illustrious Member Registered

@lovendures

Part of his Catholicism. I grew up Catholic and always understood the polarity.

One of the right after his speech reviewers even commented on it as such. Long history of Catholicism showingvhe said. Ha.

But I loved you saying it and got a big chuckle out of it. 

Long ago one of our seers told us he could feel the CIA having an Internet interest in "pre-cogs" on all the bigger psychic sites online specifically ours. Oooo-oooooo.

I got a case of the woo-woo-ing the next day when I got a rare phone call on my private cell. Caller ID showed Washington DC. I freaked a bit thinking they'd found me out and were going to yank my wires out.  Hahahaha  

I shudder to think of some of the dark underground here reading and checking this site out. I know a lot of them are!

Shine the light out to illuminate the darkness big time. Tonight will light a major fire inside T. Not the warming motivating kind. The madman maniac mania kind.

Chanting, waving my incense burner, ringing my prayer bells and beads from now on! ???

Sending prayers for Joe and Kamala and all their loved ones! They will need everyone's love, support, prayers and light to fight the darkness pervading so many now!

TriciaCT, PamP, 2ndfdl and 11 people reacted
(@share)
Famed Member Registered

@lovendures I was thinking the same Thing when light and dark was mentioned often.  And yes I cried again today as well.  That little boy got me as well as Biden.  I love it all.

share the love and light 

TriciaCT, PamP, Isabelle and 11 people reacted
(@lovendures)

@michele-b

Love what you wrote.  Well, not the CIA stuff, but that may be very true.

I loved what he said about silent complicity.  I have felt the weight of "silent complicity". for years and in particular this year.  Especially the last week.  I have felt compelled to speak out and not remain silent.

TriciaCT, PamP, Michele and 13 people reacted
(@unk-p)

So i've been offline all day, and just logged on.  I was expecting to find an @dannyboy post, to mark 75 days until the Election.  Where you at @dannyboy?     Oh well, we still love you.   And this thing @triciact posted, and then modified by @laura-f  works just fine!

Posted by: @laura-f
Posted by: @triciact

GOJoe + Kamala =   J A M A L A!!!!!

I think JOmala is better though.

lols. 

Happy 75 days 'til the Election, everyone!

TriciaCT, PamP, Michele and 15 people reacted
(@unk-p)

it just occurred to me that if you do @triciact 's name thing (^) on T and Nikki Haley's names, you get Donkki.  Someone should explain this to Ms. Haley, before she makes an Ass of herself

TriciaCT, villager, PamP and 27 people reacted
(@tgraf66)

I did feel emotional, but I didn't actually cry much.  What made me the most emotional was not the stories, heartwarming though they were.  What made me emotional was the fact that there was a real human being behind that podium, a person with feelings, depth, humanity, empathy, and most importantly (to me), intelligence, logic, and sense.  The love and genuine care he emanates is the real cure we need, and I didn't realize how starved I've been for that.  Obama's, Kamala's, and Biden's speeches fed that place in my heart and soul, and I need more of that.

My only regret is that the RNC didn't come first.  If it had, there's no way Biden could lose after these last three days.  As it is, we now have to steel ourselves to sit through a week of Orange Man and his minions.  *sigh*

TriciaCT, PamP, Michele and 25 people reacted
(@febbby23)

@unk-p and I heard it in my head as the voice of Shrek when he calls donkey.   I watched the movie lots of times with my kids. It’s funny.  

TriciaCT, PamP, polarberry and 9 people reacted
(@unk-p)

74 days

that is all

TriciaCT, PamP, Lovendures and 7 people reacted
(@polarberry)

tgraf,

I had the exact same thought. I wish the rethug convention had happened first, so people could see how pathetic it is, then the Dems could wow with theirs. It was really good.

TriciaCT, PamP, Unk p and 11 people reacted
(@moonbeam)

Has anyone seen anything about a cabinet Joe would put together? I thought it was quite amazing to see the former candidates together in support of Joe and it fills me with hope. I can totally see Elizabeth Warren in a post, but how about Andrew Yang? How refreshing it would be to see some of his ideas crystallize.

Isabelle, TriciaCT, PamP and 9 people reacted
(@tgraf66)

I honestly don't know anything about Andrew Yang, so I'll have to look him up.  I think I've said before that until we see how the elections down ticket pan out, Ms. Warren should stay where she is. If she were to be promoted, the governor of MA would appoint someone to fill the spot, and he's R. If the Senate stays red or even purple, we can't afford to lose her seat to the R's.

Yofisofi, TriciaCT, PamP and 9 people reacted
(@coyote)

Regarding Warren being appointed to a cabinet position, has governor Baker actually gone on the record to say he’d replace her with a Republican? Baker is practically a conservative Democrat and knows what state he’s governing-the Democrats have a super-majority in the MA state legislature. So I’m not so sure it’s a given he’d replace a Democratic senator with a Republican. Perhaps @jeanne-mayell knows more about this?

Yofisofi, TriciaCT, PamP and 5 people reacted
(@lovendures)

@moonbeam

I love Andrew Yang.  Both of my daughters ( 20 somethings) were big Yang supporters as well and Warren and Bernie. But Yang caught their attention big time.  I learned about hime early on because of their excitement.  

Yang was not originally selected to speak at the DNC other than in video shots that were filmed.  Yang  happened to go on Twitter and say he was disappointed about that omission and he was shortly offered a slot to speak on the prime Thursday night line-up.

Why is that important?  First, it shows that the campaign recognized his omission was a mistake on their part.  The mistake being that he has a huge group of VERY young, active and vocal supporters.  Biden needs active enthusiasm from that demographic.  Yang had weird things happen to him the entire campaign too.  Constantly left off media graphics, not being mentioned in polls even when he was beating other candidates who  were mentioned,  MSM  putting up a photo of someone else instead of his photo when speaking about him.  Over 25 accounts at least of really odd omissions.  SO his base is EXTREMELY sensitive to his being omitted. This could have proven to be a BIG issue for Biden in getting the "Yang Gang" as they are called to back Biden with any gusto.  He also is arguably  the best known political face of Asian Americans right now, a segment of Americans traditionally forgotten about.  

That is all well and good, but would he be a good cabinet pick?

Well, they would be stupid if they don't use him in some way in the administration.  First of all, his $1,000 a month idea gained a bunch of buzz in the primary.  It has since seen much validation during the Pandemic.  It went from a weird idea to mainstream within a few months.  He is a numbers guy and breaks down economic "speak" and the importance of "numbers" in ways a person regular person can understand.  

And those MATH hats.  Make America Think Harder are still popular.

He needs a seat at the table.  Maybe not a cabinet position, or maybe a new type of cabinet position, but certainly a seat at the table.

TriciaCT, kksali, PamP and 17 people reacted
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@coyote  If Massachusetts Senator Elizabeth Warren were offered a cabinet position, and vacated her Senate post, I doubt Baker would appoint a democrat.  He's a moderate Republican but he's still a Republican and he is first and foremost, a political animal who wants to stay in office. Baker tries not to make waves with his fellow GOP party leaders and with his Republican base. He doesn't go in lockstep with Trump, but he doesn't criticize him either. In 2016, he actually announced that he was not going to vote for president at all.  That is how he handled his careful political stance.

In short, Baker would not take a lot of flack for appointing a Republican because it would be expected.  But he'd take a lot of flack if he appointed a democrat. 

Hopefully it would be a moot point, because  if losing Warren's Senate seat would keep the Senate red, then my hope is that she wouldn't leave the Senate nor would Biden want her to leave.  He desperately needs a blue Senate and not just by one vote.  

They need as blue a Senate as they can get.  There are plenty of good people Biden could tap for his cabinet.  There is also the possibility that she'd be elected to Senate Majority leader.

Yofisofi, TriciaCT, PamP and 15 people reacted
(@tgraf66)

Posted by: @jeanne-mayell

There is also the possibility that she'd be elected to Senate Majority leader.

And that would, I think, be one of the best middle fingers to McConnell that I can think of. ? 

TriciaCT, villager, deetoo and 11 people reacted
(@tgraf66)

I don't know where else to put this, but this is as good a place as any.  I was reading through the posts in the various fora on here, and I remembered a line from (one of my favorite films) the original "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" that almost made me tear up just now.  At the end of the movie, Charlie Bucket is being thrown out of the factory ostensibly for having "stolen" a drink.  Instead of taking the "everlasting gobstopper" that Wonka had given him earlier in the film and giving it to one of Wonka's competitors, Charlie instead gives it back by laying it on Wonka's desk before turning to leave.  Wonka's line at that point is the one that just popped into my head:

"So shines a good deed in a weary world"

Mr. Biden and Ms. Harris are that good deed, and this weary world desperately needs them.

TriciaCT, villager, 2ndfdl and 29 people reacted
(@unk-p)

I have a kidney stone and i don't feel good. But that is not going to stop me from joyfully proclaiming that there are only

73 days

until we expel DJT right out of the White House.

TriciaCT, villager, ghandigirl and 23 people reacted
(@suspira44)
Famed Member Registered

@unk-p omg take care of yourself.

Anyone think the Senate will pass this post office bailout? Or if Trump will let it go through? I personally don't know why they bothered coming in on a Saturday - it doesn't look all that hopeful to me. Where is Jeff Bezos when we need him. Today was a horrific day, and I see that I'm not alone.

TriciaCT, ghandigirl, PamP and 11 people reacted
Page 16 / 31
Share: