Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Joe Biden

(@tgraf66)
Illustrious Member Registered

@suspira44 No, they won't, especially with the RNC being this coming week.  It will be spun as the D's attempting a coup or something.

PamP and PamP reacted
(@ghandigirl)

@tgraf66

Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory is my all time favorite movie!

Here's another good quote, "We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams."

PamP, kksali, deetoo and 11 people reacted
(@polarberry)

Feel better, unk. 

TriciaCT, ghandigirl, PamP and 7 people reacted
(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@unk, feel better.

TriciaCT, ghandigirl, PamP and 7 people reacted
(@moonbeam)

@unk-p hope you feel better soon! Pain isn't fun;-(

@lovendures, his $1000,- a month idea was mainstream in the 70s as well. I think Rutger Bregman talked about it on the daily show with Trevor Noah. It was only taken off the table because they thought it would make women divorce their husbands since they'd be more independent.

Basic income is a good idea to combat inequality and poverty. Although I am not an American, I do feel that the US desperately needs something like that. The system is so fragile compared to the backups we have in place in Europe. All those folks out on the streets without food or a home, just because they've lost a job during a pandemic... It's heartbreaking:-( 

They had an experiment with basic income in Finland which was mildly successful: https://www.newscientist.com/article/2242937-universal-basic-income-seems-to-improve-employment-and-well-being/

That said, Yang might also give some good views on modernization of the States? Perhaps a new tech post in cabinet?

As for Warren, I do see her name being floated around and I know Biden has been talking with her Sanders AND Yang to make incorporate of all of their ideas going in. Sanders called it the most progressive cabinet/ideas since FDR.

I cannot imagine Warren having some sort of importance. Even if she'd stay senator, she might become an advisor of some sort? Plus yes, stick it to McConnell, what a vile little man.

TriciaCT, villager, PamP and 13 people reacted
(@deetoo)

@unk-p,  I am sorry that you are in pain, my friend.  How are you doing today?

I have a feeling that Biden's presidency will be much more progressive than what he originally intended.  I agree that the voices of Yang, Sanders, Warren and the like will play an integral part in  Biden's decisions and governance.

PamP, Isabelle, TriciaCT and 11 people reacted
(@moonbeam)

Posted by: @moonbeam

I cannot imagine Warren having some sort of importance. 

I meant of course: not having some sort of importance...

Isabelle, TriciaCT, ghandigirl and 9 people reacted
(@febbby23)

@unk-p they're painful - I'm so sorry.  Feel better soon!

TriciaCT, ghandigirl, Unk p and 7 people reacted
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@unk-p oh damn. Got one once. The only thing more painful was child birth. Drink gallons of water. I went to the ER and they hydrated me with an IV and I asked the nurse to put the palm of her hand over the painful spot. As soon as she did that the stone passed.  I’m sending healing to you dear friend. 

polarberry, Isabelle, TriciaCT and 15 people reacted
(@michele-b)

@unk-p

Love you @unk-p and passing on and healing from this cranky old kidney stone! May it rock 'n roll on down the hill and out out out! 

TriciaCT, ghandigirl, Unk p and 9 people reacted
(@lowtide)

@unk-p

I sure hope you feel better soon. Kidney stones are no joke! Hope you pass that thing and feel some relief!

What do you all see past inauguration? Do you see a different national response to Covid early next year? Another nationwide shutdown? 

deetoo, TriciaCT, Unk p and 7 people reacted
(@unk-p)

@jeanne-mayell thank you, Jeanne! and @everyone! Big hugs for you all! the love of this community means the world to me.  And the healing you sent must have worked, because i feel better now.  In fact, this was the easiest time i have ever gone thru with a k-stone ( i have had them  7 or 8 times).

Looks like i mostly missed day 72, sorry about that, but that brings us down to

71 days until the Election!

Here is a nice quote from Mr. 46:

"The current president has cloaked America in darkness for much too long. Too much anger. Too much fear. Too much division. Here and now, I give you my word: If you entrust me with the presidency, I will draw on the best of us, not the worst. I will be an ally of the light, not of the darkness."

peace & love ❤️ 

PamP, Isabelle, Lovendures and 25 people reacted
(@moonbeam)

I posted the DNC Avengers clip not so long ago. Now, the Late Show with Colbert made an RNC version. Meet.... Thanos' crew...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RekBeoyA7E

PamP, lenor, Baba and 9 people reacted
(@unk-p)

7   7   7   7            0

7          0       0

7          0             0

7                0       0

7                       0

SEVENTY 

days to go

PamP, Avon, TriciaCT and 21 people reacted
(@bluebelle)

@unk-p

i’m so glad you’re feeling better.  You always make me smile.

polarberry, PamP, TriciaCT and 13 people reacted
(@unk-p)

In 69 BC, Cleopatra was born.

In 1969, while some people were walking on the moon, this song was playing on a radio:

Love is but a song to sing
Fear's the way we die
You can make the mountains ring
Or make the angels cry
Though the bird is on the wing
And you may not know why
Come on people now
Smile on your brother
Everybody get together
Try to love one another
Right now
Some may come and some may go
We shall surely pass
When the one that left us here
Returns for us at last
We are but a moment's sunlight
Fading in the grass
Come on people now
Smile on your brother
Everybody get together
Try to love one another
Right now
Come on people now
Smile on your brother
Everybody get together
Try to love one another
Right now
Come on people now
Smile on your brother
Everybody get together
Try to love one another
Right now
If you hear the song I sing
You will understand (listen!)
You hold the key to love and fear
All in your trembling hand
Just one key unlocks them both
It's there at your command
Come on people now
Smile on your brother
Everybody get together
Try to love one another
Right now
Come on people now
Smile on your brother
Everybody get together
Try to love one another
Right now
I said, come on people now
Smile on your brother
Everybody get together
Try to love one another
Right now
Right now
Right now
69 days
until
the most important
election
of our lives

Lilinoe, Vesta, PamP and 23 people reacted
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

@unk-p

Feel better!

Could be worse, could be raining!

Oh wait, are you in Texas??? Be safe! My climate change wrath is headed your way.

PamP, lenor, FEBbby23 and 17 people reacted
(@unk-p)

@laura-f  ok, sorry about all the Hurricane Laura jokes i made.  But if they ever have a Hurricane Unk-P, i will expect you to do the same ?

PamP, FEBbby23, TriciaCT and 13 people reacted
(@allyn)

@unk-p

I will admit it.  I am scared.

The closer we get to the election, the more anxious I feel.

I am scared Trump is somehow going to win again via cheating.

I keep telling myself that I live in a very very red state that loves Trump.  I tell myself that my neighbors optimism for his chances are overblown.  That Fox News is wrong.  That they are deluding themselves.

Am I doubting my own feelings about Trump?  No.  I felt sick to my stomach when he made his escalator speech over 4 years ago, and despite my efforts to try to understand him and my neighbors, I simply cannot reconcile myself to believe that Trump is somehow good and just misunderstood by me.  That he is somehow Jesus's representative on earth.

So I don't doubt that Trump's reelection would likely spell the end of our country.  But I am scared that maybe our efforts won't be enough.  That people willing believe his lies or forget the harm he has done.  Today, I actually wondered if I need to make plans in case Trump does win, particularly as it comes to the economy and my health insurance.

I guess that I need some encouragement right now.  It is so hard living in a pro Trump state.  I have lost so much faith and trust in so many people here, and I am disillusioned with them.  I can't stand church anymore and am barely holding on to my religious beliefs from my childhood, since the same people who told me about how God is so good are now supporting someone who is the opposite of everything they preached.

I don't know if I can make it through another four years of Trumpism.  I guess I am looking for some light right now to illuminate my darkness.

ghandigirl, Yofisofi, Vesta and 25 people reacted
(@unk-p)

@allyn i hear you.  But i think a lot of it may be because of where you live.  I spent a few months in Knoxville, once.  The people there were not afraid to let me know that i didn't fit in.  And that was just their reaction to my appearance.  If they had known what i was thinking, it would have caused a riot, or something.  I did eventually meet a small tribe of neo-beatniks in the old part of town, near the UT campus.  But it was not enough to make me feel that the place was livable.

Be of good cheer.  45 is not nearly as popular as his loud-mouthed supporters pretend.  Especially in other parts of the country.  We got this!

LalaBella, polarberry, PamP and 23 people reacted
Page 17 / 31
Share: