The Unraveling -- D...

Notifications
Clear all

The Unraveling -- Donald Trump

(@yogagirl)
Famed Member Registered

Hi guys,

To be honest I don't know what to think anymore.  I am so angry at the incompetence and greed displayed by the administration and the Republican party I don't know what to do with myself.  For the president of the US to stand at a podium and say that the power to invoke manufacturing to start making more lifesaving medical equipment is a great bargaining tool is as cold and demonic as they come!  He is the most petty immature human I have ever observed, and trust me I have observed a lot!  I hope when this is all over he is touted as the mass murderer he is.

Meanwhile I am staying at home and doing my taxes.  Amazon is making a lot of money off of me and my kindle.  Stay safe and healthy my friends.  It will bethe light workers who help heal this country not the politicians. 

Stillnessnmind, deetoo, Jeanne Mayell and 17 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @penelopefp People are desperate for leadership and they see him as our leader. 

Here is leadership for you.  Here's Bill McKibben comparing how the president handled the virus versus South Korea:

"We know that the first cases of the coronavirus in South Korea and the United States emerged on January 20th and January 21st, respectively. The Koreans responded immediately, rolling out a widespread testing regimen; it was disruptive, but that nation “flattened the curve” and is now looking at the pandemic in the rear-view mirror. In this country, we delayed; the President didn’t want “the numbers” growing, and was convinced that it would somehow “go away” by itself, maybe when the weather warmed. So we wasted many weeks, during which time the virus gathered momentum. Now we face an incredibly costly (and far more disruptive) effort to keep it from taking down our entire society."

McKibben is the founder of 350.org, author of five books on climate change and a reliable reporter.

Pikake, Kateinpdx, Lilinoe and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@karenc)
Trusted Member Registered

I went to the Circle of Light meditation last night for the first time. Profound and beautiful. Towards end, I had a vision. Not used to these but I thought I’d post.

Initially I saw Trump and his group of advisors towards the left of my visual field cast in a reddish orange glow. That changed to a burning flame. Towards the center a clean cut man with white hair was at a lectern taking charge of the situation. There was a woman to his left sitting down. The flame continued burning and Trump was gone.

FEBbby23, fmabon, Kateinpdx and 19 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Baba
(@baba)
Illustrious Member Moderator

I had an interesting vision today during my meditation. It is both light and dark and I don’t know exactly what to make of it:

I see the WH. The gates and fences around it are surrounded by skeletons encased in black. I feel they may be the angry souls of those who feel that they were deceived by the president and his people and died as a result. They are trying to get onto the grounds - shaking the fences and gates - but I don’t know what happens if they do. Behind the hordes of skeletons, there is an empty space. Behind the empty space, I see people holding hands in a giant circle of light. I think these are the light workers.

Stay home (if possible) and stay safe! 

fmabon, Kateinpdx, LalaBella and 27 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @coyote

We have to stop gleefully gaming out how this pandemic will wipe out "Trumps base," "conservative old people," and "all of the red states." Really. Just stop it. NOW.

When we focus on these scenarios, we make their realizations more possible. And I can think of innumerable ways that one governor's decision to lift social distancing measures will jeapordize the health of millions of people who aren't "brain-dead Fox watching idiots" and who don't live in the governor's jurisdiction. 

..So every time you fantasize about millions of "brain-dead Fox-watching idiots" going to their graves, you're increasing the odds that this contagion will continue to wreak havoc on a national basis and that you or a family member will be the next one wheezing for breath, regardless of whether you live in a blue state/county/city. Think about that.

We must stop wishing for the virus to spread to the Trump base for a lot of reasons, even beyond the moral reasons. Talk about cutting off your nose despite your face. It got here from China so don't think for a minute that red state explosion won't travel right back to your state after you thought it was over. No we do not want this virus to infect anyone. Every host it consumes enables it to multiply quintrillions more. 

As @coyote said, we also have to stop the hate especially against groups of people. Discriminatory hate against groups will be removed from this forum when it is posted as soon as we spot it.  

But people should NOT stop sharing their anger.  This is a subtle distinction. Anger works like a poison so if you feel it, then do post it, but with an intention to shine light into it -- to heal it, not to propagate it.

Perhaps people here can try to help us when we are filled with anger, rather than fuel it further.

As for anger at Trump supporters, here's my take:  I know that no-one here would sit and gloat while a Trump supporter gasps for breath alone in a hospital room where there are no ventilators for him because their leader refused to take action early on to flatten the curve.  These people posting here would be the first ones to send healing. 

When you take away the fact that they love Trump and spout his lies, the Trump supporters I know are good people who would give the shirts off their backs to someone in need.  Their fervor for him and his ugly rhetoric is not really focused on individuals, but abstractions.  They don't know the people they hate. They are just hating something.  If you knew their life stories, perhaps you could see what they are really hating. It's not what they think. And it's not what you think.

We suffer from hate too.

Like the virus, hate infects us all and it is poison, as Buddha said.  It is a poison that afflicts the hater.  Understand what anger is -- it is a defense gesture.   Buddha called it "aversion." We are pushing something away from us when we are angry.  And they are doing that too.  

So when we start wishing that people we don't know suffer because we feel they're responsible for our suffering, we must pause and ask, "What is it we really want to push away from us?"

For me, my hatred is a wish to push the voices of derision that I heard from my older siblings as a child. Those voices have stayed with me my whole life.  Yet my older siblings, who love me, were themselves children suffering from their own grief that their mother, our mother, could not love them fully because of her even greater childhood grief. And my mother's parents' struggles were even worse. 

The harm and the hatred is nobody's fault.  And it's everybody's fault. And we can change it inside each of us.

Let's try to break it down, that anger, that vitriole. Let's talk about it.  The last thing I want is for you to feel shame about your anger and for you to bottle it up inside. Instead, tell us what you feel and try to stop and break it down, trace it back to where that hatred, that pushing away you are doing, is sourced. See if you can stop the abstraction, the vague hate towards people you do not know and do not understand. And if you can take it further, can you go deeper in understanding someone who belongs to that pro-Trump group.   But let's do stop posting unmitigated, unrestrained hate towards general groups.  

If you feel loathing at the thought of even trying to understand a Trump supporter, then you need more self care, more self understanding. So leave them and try to focus on giving yourself something. Because hate is a poison that hurts the hater.

Avon, fmabon, Kateinpdx and 29 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@baba Thank you for your vision.  It fits another vision I had many years ago but yours is more clear and telling, of people fenced off from the White House and crowding around those fences in pain.  It also fits my more recent vision (October 9, 2019) of Trump and his family trying to escape the country.  And my 12/28/18 vision of not being able to see Trump for a few months in the middle of 2020, followed by him deciding not to take office in 2021. He can blame the Chinese for the pandemic and many will believe him, but the South Koreans got their first case the same time the U.S. got its first case and they flattened the curve and now the virus is behind them. Trump can't survive this debacle. 

Stillnessnmind, polarberry, Coyote and 29 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@triciact)
Illustrious Member Registered

I decided to mediate on the USA and ask my guides and Angels for a message for the people in the USA. I received three cards (using the Doreen Virtue Angel Tarot):

1. Unity - Archangel Sandalphon

2. Six of Water (cups)

3. Ace of Air - "Brilliant new ideas and inspirations. Seeing the truth of a situation. A Challenging Beginning"

My interpretation on these cards is that the USA needs to unify. During this crisis I have definitely noticed that people on both sides of the political spectrum are working together more for a common "enemy" - the Coronavirus. More unity is required because we are still navigating through this crisis with those we love or trust.

We are still navigating through the situation and families are having to deal with losing loved ones. We are in the midst of realizing we must let go of the past and past hurts and divisions in order to move forward. It's easy to blame Trump and the GOP because they are trying to hold on to the past and not move forward. They have sewn the seeds of division and caused us to become more divided. I myself can't stand the way his supporters are not seeing who he is and what he has done but they did have been bamboozled by non stop programing from Fox news and the faux leader. I dislike what they are doing but I happen to love many T supporters, some are family and friends. I can only (when able) show or tell them what I believe or let them figure it out on their own. Many times, though it may be hard, I must just walk away instead of being "right".

We are heading for a new beginning of consciousness in the USA. I see it already. People are being KINDER to one another, little by little it's happening. Someone will come out with wonderful ideas and try to help. I look at leaders like Andrew Cuomo in NY to Gavin Newsome in California and Dr. Fauci who are leading the way through this situation for the common good.  People, are unfortunately, having to face reality during this crisis even though they may have had their head in the sand. Even the original idea of Andrew Yang has morphed into a one time stimulus package that was handled by both sides and even Moscow Mitch had to work with Nancy Pelosi. We are heading in the right direction, we just need to tune out the Orange nightmare to get through it. I've noticed even the regular networks are not broadcasting his daily updates because they recognize he is not leading our country, but rather hurting the message.

Also, please send love and light to Dr. Fauci, I am picking up he needs it.

Thank you ALL - you are all here because you were guided by the light.

❤️☮️?️

Kateinpdx, LalaBella, fmabon and 31 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@triciact)

Trevor Noah did a ytube video that is funny, yet because it's also true it's sad. But the picture of lady liberty was telling (I moved this posting from Coronavirus to Trump after watching the whole thing)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JINuIu0Th-Q&feature=youtu.be

1585321607-lady-liberty.png

FEBbby23, lenor, Baba and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@triciact)

Priorities USA superpac is running an ad featuring the Orange one's own words in time appropriate fashion and the climb of those affected by the virus. Of course the Orange one wants to sue them:

https://time.com/5810960/anti-trump-coronavirus-ad-lawsuit/

FEBbby23, Lilinoe, lenor and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@polarberry)

@yogagirl

THIS.

I agree that no one should be be rooting for this virus to hurt anyone. Many have died, many will die and we need to be praying for humanity as a whole.

Wilson posted this morning that a T. supporter e-mailed him and told him that he is "full of hate for Trump." His reply-

"Yes. Yes, I am. Hate is the rational emotion when a man like T. puts the lives of millions in jeopardy for political benefit. Hate is the rational emotion when he knew what was coming and lied."

I disliked Reagan, and Bush even more so, but I didn't end friendships over them. I could agree to disagree with their supporters, and carry on. But T. is different. This is not a man who cares whether anyone lives or dies. This is a man who is denying critical care to certain states because he doesn't like the governors. This is soulless, vengeful authoritarian narcissism and calculated revenge on a terrifying scale.

I give much credit to those of you who are able to maintain your relationships with T. supporters. I could not. Thankfully, I don't have any in my circle. As far as I am concerned, they are just as culpable as the madman himself because they support an individual who is destroying the country and killing people. When someone endangers me and my family and loved ones with the laws they pass and their willful ignorance and lies, that's a deal-breaker for me. Having said that, I do continue to pray for a time when we can come together as Americans. It's going to be very difficult. Honestly, I'm not sure it's possible after this. I hope it is. I hope forgiveness will come to us as a nation.

Hate can be a destroyer, yes, but it can also be a powerful motivator for positive change. I don't know how, when or if we are going to get through this. But if we do, I hope we can look back and see this as the dark time that can be used to do better going forward.

Mother Jones has a new article this morning, "Beyond Narcissism, T.'s other Personality Flaws are Putting Americans at Risk." by David Corn.  A must-read.

Regarding predictions, I had a dream last night about November. I don't remember the details, just that it was the election and the dream was landscaped against a background of solid blue.

FEBbby23, Lilinoe, lenor and 17 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 lynn
(@lynn)

@jeanne-mayell

Hope he can't survive this.  His approval numbers are up???!!!  How, how can that be? This man, no matter how vile and evil, seems to endure everything and come up on top.  People are dying and he's going on TV mocking democratic governors.  And he's more popular!  I just don't get it.  

FEBbby23, Lilinoe, TriciaCT and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@codyroo)
Noble Member Registered

@lynnventura

When things don't make sense to me, I try to change my core assumptions until things simplify (Occam's razoreque philosophy).  In this case, his increase in polling makes no sense.  That's because one of your core assumptions is wrong.

I bet one of your core assumptions is that the poll is unbiased.  This may not be true.
Another might be that the questions were straightforward.  This may not be true.
I, too, do not believe the polling.  While there is evidence that suggests people rally around a leader during a time of crisis, it usually involves the leader leading.....not saying "I don't take responsibility for this".

FEBbby23, Lilinoe, Baba and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@kksali)
Noble Member Registered

@polarberry  Wilson?  as in Joe Wilson of SC?  

TriciaCT, lenor, TriciaCT and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@polarberry)

@kksali

No, sorry, Rick Wilson.It's on his Twitter feed from yesterday.

FEBbby23, TriciaCT, lenor and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 lynn
(@lynn)

@polarberry 

Rick Wilson's twitter feed in one of my daily must-reads.  He's informative and also entertaining.

Scorpius, Seeker4, TriciaCT and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)

@codyroo

" When you hear hoofbeats look for horses not zebras.    (veterinary version of Occam's Razor ) I do not trust the polls either.... many times in my career? there have been Zebras!!!!  One doctor I work for has a saying when a patient presents outside the standards " Well.. that one didn't read the book"  There have to be so many people who are appalled at his response to " 32 Americans have died in the state of Michigan, and Trump is taking steps to deny that state getting critical medical supplies from vendors, because he thinks Gov. Whitmer hasn’t been nice enough to him." and telling Pence he doesn't have to call people back if they aren't nice... I can not tell you the profanity that wants to burst across my lips hearing this ludicrous "leadership"  and that fact that we now have the most cases in the world and people are dropping like flies... I can not even begin to voice what I feel about the 17 year old boy that died in California because he went to a Urgent Care (of Kaiser Permanente's) and was declined treatment because he was uninsured. In these coming days we will hear of extraordinary courage and selflessness ...and..... continuing idiocy and insanity out of the oval office...people will no longer be able to avert their eyes from the "trainwreck" there. Prayers and God help us all.

FEBbby23, Jeanne Mayell, CC21 and 19 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

The polls are notoriously corporate media-based and right wing. Trump reminds me of Caligula the Roman Emperor who threw bread to the public in the coliseum to shore up his waning popularity. 

LalaBella, FEBbby23, herondreams and 25 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@5leafclover)
Noble Member Participant

When it's all said and done, Donald Trump emerges from this with an unbelievably deplorable legacy. Historians who look back on this time period will see that Donald Trump's actions directly caused the deaths of tens of thousands of Americans who would still be alive had Trump admitted the seriousness of the pandemic from the beginning and taken appropriate action. Instead he pretended the pandemic was fake, nothing but a conspiracy by his opponents to get him out of power. The time lost was crucial. Had he acted appropriately from the beginning, doctors and hospitals would have been much better equipped to deal with the pandemic, and more could have been done sooner to limit the spread of the deadly virus.

The huge number of Republican office holders who kept protecting him will also have a very horrible legacy. Had they acted to remove him from office for reasons not related to the pandemic but highly appropriate reasons, they could have saved the lives of these same tens of thousands of Americans who are going to perish because of Donald Trump's policies.

LB, Seeker4, Tiger-n-Owl and 27 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@kksali)
Noble Member Registered

@polarberry thanks - i didn't think it was Joe Wilson but hope springs eternal... 

FEBbby23, polarberry, FEBbby23 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@polarberry)

@kksali

I should have put that it was Rick. If it was Joe Wilson I would have had to say, "And in addition to purple zebra-striped flying pigs streaming across the sky, Joe Wilson called out President Twitler for being a liar..."

FEBbby23, TriciaCT, lenor and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 164 / 166
Share: