Kennedy assasinatio...

Notifications
Clear all

Kennedy assasination papers

(@zoron)
Illustrious Member Registered
Topic starter  

It is with deep regret that I remember the death of the President. I was a teenager at the time. 

Now that documents are being released, i have misgivings. The whole story has still not emerged.

I am going to do a brief post, this is what I get  from scanning:

1: Oswald did not shoot the President. But he was deeply involved in the assassination plot. he was not innocent. 

2; The President was shot by two men, foreigners, who were from outside the country, and who I have "Seen" as running away from the back of the building afterwards, carrying weapons, and jumping into a van. 

3:There was a shooter on the Grassy knoll. This shooter is in a police uniform, and he nearly bugles it and nearly shoots a spectator directly in the line of fire. but he gets a hit. 

4; There is someone in the crowd, who gives some sort of signal, to the killers. Its a command?

5: There is some sort of gathering, on a balcony, of a large office building, on the other side of the Plaza. some important people who have organised the shooting, are there, and they watch. 

6:Oswald was no innocent. he was the technician, I think, organising the weapons,the ammo, etc, and checking that all was ready and prepared. 

7: this was a conspiracy, that reached to the highest levels of the American state. 

8: Khrushchev, the Russian leader, had no involvement, and was very deeply shocked when he heard the news. 

9: certain elements in Russia knew, but their involvement, beyond that, is not clear. The KGB knew about a plot. 

10: the real causes are covered, as best as they have been, in the film JFK, by oliver Stone. but there are still many issues at stake, that have not yet come out. 

11: The American mafia had some sort of involvement, especially with Oswald, and the logistics of the hit. 

I am posting this, so as to serve as a benchmark, to what is going to be released. 

I also have to say, how horribly shocked I was, when i heard the news. 

ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

The day JFK was killed is my second oldest memory -- I remember being in the kitchen of our home, I remember commotion/movement/speed to get there. I remember my mother putting me on the floor of the kitchen, while she sat on a chair and turned on the radio next to her. I remember she was crying, and I remember asking her why, and her reply "They killed the president..." I remember feeling sad because she was sad, and understood that killing is bad, even though I had no idea at the time what a president was.

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Laura, that clearly made a huge impression upon you, even as a little child.  So sweet and sad to imagine someone so small remembering it.

I was 14, so it's not surprising that my memories are vivid. Our school principal called everyone into the auditorium where he announced the assassination, ended school, and dismissed us for TG vacation. I went home in a carpool driven by the wife of a diplomat who had been Kennedy's ambassador to France for a year. 

Of course everyone in the country was incredibly alarmed, but I wondered at the time how Mrs. Gavin was feeling as she drove us home, since she knew them personally.  

His stillborn son, Patrick, who had been born while he was president, had been buried in the cemetery next to my school in Brookline because the Kennedys were from Brookline, MA.  So I noticed months later when a convoy of black sedans came and exhumed the little casket. They took him to D.C. to be buried with his father.

During the funeral I cried inconsolably.  It felt like a family member had died even though I never met him or knew much about his politics. I think I was just feeling how everyone felt.   Five years later I roomed with a girl in college who was from Dallas. She said her school cheered when they heard about the assassination. 

My view of the actual assassination was that while there were others involved, though not Nixon, I thought it was more Castro.  

Also just last week I read a credible and technical account that the bullet that actually killed Kennedy, the shot that hit him in the head, came from the secret serviceman named Hardy who was in the car right behind him.  The theory, based on the size of the bullet and the angle of the fatal hit, was that after the first shot in the neck, Hardy stood up abruptly and his gun accidentally discharged, hitting the president.  The analysis used all kinds of physics and math to make the conclusion. I could only understand the summary. But my husband is a smart guy, and he thought the analysis was solid. If anyone knows of it, I'd like to know what you think. 

ReplyQuote
(@zoron)
Illustrious Member Registered
Topic starter  

Re the  bullet ievent, n the head actually, the ballastics of the shooting remain to this day very controversial. I do not buy, either as a scientist, who has read all the reports, or my intuition. There is a total mismatch, between the recovered bullets, and the ancient worn out Italian carbine that was allegedly used by Oswald, and found in the book depository. That is for starters. Also, the sonic evidence, reconstructed from tapes of the event, has been mapped and reconstructed by computer analysis. We know now, how many shots, where they came from, and where they went. The evidence on this is solid. It has not been overturned, although interestingly, the Right wing media and the "You are a conspiracy theorist in a tinfoil hat"  Brigade, have not been able to show any evidence that it is false. just a lot of rage and bullshit from the ALT-Right. There is also some interesting work done by computer analysis, enhancement, etc, on the various footage shot at the Plaza, not just the Zapruder footage. A lot of new stuff has emerged. There is also the matter of the eyewitnesses, who were later murdered. 17 people were killed, after the assassination, in a classical "Clean-up op". The statistical probability that they all died accidentially, as a group, not from criminal violence, is about, lierally, 1.6 billion to one against.  There is a lot more. A professional hitman emerged, who was serving life without Parole for his work, in a mid-western state prison. He publicly confessed to being the gunman on the grassy knoll. He was immediately attacked for this, by the usual suspects, but there was a problem. The detailed evidence he was able to give out, was remarkable. Some of it was not in the public domain, but has since emerged. It fits perfectly, with what we now know. There was a lot of media coverage at the time, then it rapidly went silent, as it does. The most interesting thing, is that Khrushchev,  the Russian leader, was out of the loop. he was deeply shocked, and also somewhat terrified, as the killing also endangered his own life. The reason for this was that after the Cuba Missile crisis, which very nearly led to a nuclear war, both leaders, Russian and American, were very badly shaken. They met, in Europe, and both agreed that it must never happen again. An informal understanding was reached, that from then on, both sides had to get the arms race under control, and to find a way of what the Russian leader called "peaceful co-existance and competition". This enraged the military-industrial complex in the USA, and caused great misgivings in the Russian leadership, although they agreed to give it a try, and see what happened. What happened, was Dallas, 1963, and afterwards the arms race resumed. Business as usual. That was the prime driver of what happened in Dallas. Six weeks after the killing of Kennady, the russian leader was deposed, and the cold war resumed. 

ReplyQuote
(@elaineg)
Famed Member Registered

I was in college. I listened to it on the radio in my room. I cried. My husband thought Joe DeMaggio had him killed because of M. Monroe. I remember later on, a picture appeared of Oswald standing in a doorway, watching during parade

ReplyQuote
Share: