Brent Kavanaugh Sup...

Notifications
Clear all

Brent Kavanaugh Supreme Court Nominee

(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

My favorite movie right now is Darkest Hour.  Anyone seen it?  

Robin, KB, TaG22 and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tag22)
Prominent Member Registered

Yogagirl,

I am so sorry for what you are going through.  I too have had many sleepless nights and too many margaritas since Trump was elected.  The same hateful ideas and beliefs being pushed now are from the nightmares of my childhood.

I am also a cancer survivor.  I was only 30 and had two small children at the time.  It left me with an ugly scar in a family who focuses on appearance.  

I was in such a repressive environment growing up that I was suicidal.  I got married in my teens to escape.  We suffered through so much hurt for many years.  Now, we are estranged from most of our families, but much happier and healthier.

I have hit rock bottom many times.  I have been paralyzed with fear and depression.  However, I have always ended up meeting people who have said just the right thing to pull me up to the surface again.  I am also a rebel.  People may try to suppress me, but I know they can never touch who I really am inside.  

I look at what people of color have suffered for centuries and watched them continue to fight and think if they are still standing, then I can too.  I see LGBTQ people coming out and facing fears of rejection and violence.  I know I can be strong too after looking at what they face each day.  I see those amazing kids from Parkland kids who are fighting against the giant NRA even with the trauma and grief so fresh, then I can stand up too.  Like Jeanne said, there are amazing things happening each day that seemed impossible a just a couple of yrs. ago.

Giving up and going negative is playing into Putin and the Trumpsters'  hands.  It is the whole plan.  They don't want us to all come together.  They have to divide us to conquer us. Everytime I make even a small donation or a call, I feel better.  It feeds the intention of change for good. Everytime I find humor in all of this, my laughter diminishes their power a little bit.  Even a little flicker of light drives out some darkness.  

I have kept a journal for years off and on.  One thing that helps me is to list three things each day that were good.  Sometimes, it is a news story, sometimes it is more personal.  I hope you will find some comfort and encouragement.  I am sending you a hug.  

villager, RosieHeart, Jeanne Mayell and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@anita)
Noble Member Registered

To say I feel hopeless this morning is an understatement. I’m also 67, but fortunately have not had cancer as my mother did 4 times, starting at age 37,

But I had to deal with being a frightened young gay woman. I marched for women’s rights, gay rights, and finally I felt the United States had made a change with the election of Obama. To be allowed to marry was amazing. To see women in job environments was terrific. But with trump somehow elected and now 2 conservative judges added to the court, one completely unqualified and possibly a criminal, my heart and soul are in pain.

To see women support this so called president and terrible judge is so demoralizing. I see protestors which I’m grateful for.

I’ve  signed up to help in little ways, have made phone calls, pass on info whenever I can, but it gets worse. 

The fight against the patriarchy, against the lies, stupid people, and all the horrible things going on makes me want to

escape. But I feel no place to escape to. I can’t even find solace with my one sister who doesn’t care about anything but

getting rid of abortion.

2028 things will be better? I will be 77 if alive. I haven’t want to leave this world like this. I’ve wanted to see a cure for cancer,

a well educated population, attention to the devastation of climate change that is being made worse, a city with unsafe water for 4 years.  I never thought I’d see Russia dictating what a country does, all of it to destroy the U.S. 

i vote. I even voted when having daily panic attacks that kept me in my apartment. I’ve gone door to door in the past, made phone calls. I don’t want to do that. I’ve fought depression most my life and sometimes I think I need to stop caring. But that hasn’t ever stopped completely. How can I not care? So I understand your feelings and I wish I had an answer. I’m also looking for an answer as well. I’m going to therapy which only helps so far. We lost a dog in June and a new puppy does bring some joy. But the possible death of our democracy, which I started feeling and fearing 6 months before the election. I’ve marched the

past 2 Januaries, but I don’t know if that does any good. There are several people I wish would die of any means possible. That’s not healthy, I know. But that how I feel. I wonder if given the weapons and opportunities I would do these deeds myself. 

Ive not heard what will become of Mueller’s investigation. It would seem there is plenty to link trump to a conspiracy with Russia. What I do read here is conflicting which gives me no relief. I might just be so distraught I don’t see it. 

I am painting, keeping to my diet, planning times with friends and the family I can trust are not crazy, but now going into the fall and winter here in Oregon, it’s even worse to deal with. Thanks for reading this long post. I am trying to hang in there.

Anita

villager, RosieHeart, Marley and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator

The Darkest Hour is a fantastic movie. It truly was the Darkest Hour and yet, look at what Churchill was able to do?   He was the right person at the right moment.  But he had many helpers too.  

I recently returned from England where I dropped off my eldest who is getting her Master's Degree at Sheffield University.  On my way back I stopped in London for a few days and went to the Churchill War Rooms. What incredible information on the war,  on Churchill and how everything happened.  The actual War Rooms are fascinating.  Go if you find yourself in London.  I also visited St. Paul's Cathedral.  In the War Rooms, they showed an image of St. Paul's after a large bombing raid had occurred.  NOTHING was left of any building surrounding the cathedral. Just piles of destruction.  Yet the cathedral stood, a little worse for wear.  While on tour at the Cathedral, it was explained that during the night, brave volunteers were stationed on top of the  Cathedral's roof to put out any fires ( with just a bucket) that might appear on the rooftop during a bombing raid.  St. Paul's was the tallest building in the area so it was a huge target.  During the bombing raid that wiped out the surrounding neighborhood, countless fires sprang up on the roof.  The volunteers survived and their brave actions saved St. Paul's, even when bombs caused damage to the building.  

I am sure it is no accident the movie  was produced during this time in our world.  I often wonder when I read historical books or watch historical films such as The Darkest Hour, what I would have done had I been present at that time in history?  Would I have marched with MLK or listened to him speak in Washington?  Would I have helped with the Underground Railroad?  Would I have hidden Jews during the Holocaust or marched for the right for women to vote.  Would I have cared for A Japanese American's home in Los Angeles while they were interned at a horse racing track during WW2 until they were released?  Would I have been brave enough to stand on the roof of St. Paul's to try and save it knowing it was a target of German Bombers?

We are living in that time right now.  That truly historic moment is what we are living right now.  It appears to be many historic moments all funneled into this time and place.  Do we realize that?

Are we actively involved with our world?

How are we working to protect the environment, human rights, animals and climate?   How do we use water in our home?  Are we helping the teenager who just had a baby, offering to baby sit or bring in some groceries?  How about the hungry college student?  Do we even notice them?  Do we listen to them?  Are we using chemicals which "may" cause lasting damage to our earth?  What is our responsibility to the word 'may'?

The world is changing, we know it is changing, dramatically,  ferociously.   What actions are we taking to help humanity?  The globe?  The earth?  

Our actions will define us to future generations.   Our actions, right now.  It isn't just about being on the right side of history, it is about being on the right side of life.  Hmm, that isn't quite right either.  There is more here than I can find words for right now. 

What  we chose to do with the time we have on earth, right now is monumental.  What we teaching our children, grandchildren, their friends and our neighbors is important.  Are we a light in the darkness?  Are we sharing  good with others?  Are we finding joy and sharing it?  It all comes back to love doesn't it?  Again and again.

These are the questions I find myself asking.  Asking all of the time now.   This is a work in progress and I don't entirely know what it means.  With this great awakening I find a greater responsibility.  It spreads itself out before me to the vast horizon.  Choosing to do nothing is no longer an option.  But, making choices is not always easy either.  

Perhaps just making a small intention of change today is a good place to start.  Otherwise it is rather overwhelming.  

villager, Baba, RosieHeart and 17 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unk-p)
Illustrious Member Registered

looks like the Rapepublicans just confirmed Rapey O'Rapeface.  Now they can continue to rape our democracy, rape the environment, rape our voting rights, rape every decent thing. As a human being, i am horrified. As a man, i am absolutely disgusted and deeply ashamed. God help us all

Annad, Starpath, Jeanne Mayell and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unk-p)

Please, everyone- make sure everybody you know is registered to vote- i think tuesday might be the last day to register (not sure).  And it would also be a good time to get a passport, in case they steal this election, too                       peace and love to you all

RosieHeart, Jaidy, mariad and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unk-p)

please dont leave us, Yogagirl!  All topics arent as depressing as this one, and we need your voice

ReplyQuote
(@robin)
Reputable Member Registered

Yogagirl,

Please take a week or two, sort through your feelings, take time maybe read a book or go to a fall festival or take a walk by the lake or in the woods nurture your sole. But please don’t give up! It’s obvious that you are a woman who cares deeply, with your whole being.  Fight the darkness that is trying to overtake your emotions right now, and please remember that there are so many of us who love you and are here to help support you, in anyway we can.

TriciaCT, villager, RosieHeart and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Posted by: Lovendures

often wonder when I read historical books or watch historical films such as The Darkest Hour, what I would have done had I been present at that time in history?  Would I have marched with MLK or listened to him speak in Washington?  Would I have helped with the Underground Railroad?  Would I have hidden Jews during the Holocaust or marched for the right for women to vote.  Would I have cared for A Japanese American's home in Los Angeles while they were interned at a horse racing track during WW2 until they were released?  Would I have been brave enough to stand on the roof of St. Paul's to try and save it knowing it was a target of German Bombers?

We are living in that time right now.  That truly historic moment is what we are living right now.  It appears to be many historic moments all funneled into this time and place.  Do we realize that?

Are we actively involved with our world?

How are we working to protect the environment, human rights, animals and climate?   How do we use water in our home?  Are we helping the teenager who just had a baby, offering to baby sit or bring in some groceries?  How about the hungry college student?  Do we even notice them?  Do we listen to them?  Are we using chemicals which "may" cause lasting damage to our earth?  What is our responsibility to the word 'may'?

The world is changing, we know it is changing, dramatically,  ferociously.   What actions are we taking to help humanity?  The globe?  The earth?  

Our actions will define us to future generations.   Our actions, right now.  It isn't just about being on the right side of history, it is about being on the right side of life.  Hmm, that isn't quite right either.  There is more here than I can find words for right now. 

What  we chose to do with the time we have on earth, right now is monumental.  What we teaching our children, grandchildren, their friends and our neighbors is important.  Are we a light in the darkness?  Are we sharing  good with others?  Are we finding joy and sharing it?  It all comes back to love doesn't it?  Again and again.

These are the questions I find myself asking.  Asking all of the time now.   This is a work in progress and I don't entirely know what it means.  With this great awakening I find a greater responsibility.  It spreads itself out before me to the vast horizon.  Choosing to do nothing is no longer an option.  But, making choices is not always easy either.  

Perhaps just making a small intention of change today is a good place to start.  Otherwise it is rather overwhelming.  

Lovendures, I can't even believe what you've written here because it is so good. So inspiring. I truly believe that what you have expressed here is the real reason we are here on this planet at this time  -- not to have things go the way we want, but to be the change we want to see. Thank  you for writing this. I am humbled and honored. 

TriciaCT, mariad, RosieHeart and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@stargazer)

Nothing is ''cast in stone", as the Universe is constantly reminding us. I was so sure that Kavanaugh was done, as were many others, but the FBI reports were totally engineered by Drumpf's reptiles and ineffectual/incomplete. And of course, disregarded, as that was the big plan from the beginning.

I feel that Mueller will be successful in his pursuit though, and we need to be vigilant. Send Mueller (and Rosenstein) love and light... 

TriciaCT, mariad, Lovendures and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laughing-pudding)
Estimable Member Registered

Despair is the invisible fence oppressors use to try and contain us.  Take a rest and collect yourself at the boundary, but do not believe you cannot traverse the lines drawn in the sand by others.

I think of some of the horrific stuff my ancestors went through so I could be here right now.  They did not get to experience victory.  But I know they would do it all over again for the chance to make the world a better place.

The torch is in the hands of the living.  Keep moving.

LalaBella, mariad, Lovendures and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 lynn
(@lynn)

Hi Folks!  I was on vacation in Canada.  We decided to go and spend our money in a country trump is crapping on. Part fun and part resistance. Of course I was glued to any TV station that had the ongoing SCOTUS drama, and to my iPhone so I could read the comments on this site that has kept me sane for the past 2 years. I've read all the great comments and just wanted to add a couple of observations. First, nothing is as good or bad as it initially seems. I remember when Scalia passed away thinking that Obama would have the opportunity to finally tip the sup court in a more progressive direction. Of course that didn't turn out the way I or most people thought it would. So, while things seem bleak right now, they can also turn on a dime, and hopefully for the better.  Second, no court, no matter how right wing, can stop progress. The country and the world are becoming more enlightened, tolerant and progressive. This is precisely why those who want to take us back to the 1800's are fighting to hard. But they can't stop the change that is bubbling up.  Third, yes, there is reason to feel despair, but don't make things even worse for yourselves by feeling guilt over your despair. Just welcome it and feel it, cause it'll pass. Finally, we are living history right now, and it's a history that looks and feels really messy. Those of us who contribute to this site, with predictions and comments, are sensitive souls, otherwise we wouldn't be drawn here. So of course it's even harder on us to see this chaos and not feel depleted. But our sensitivity also means we have plenty to give during this tumultuous time. So engage in self care, then buck up, cause we have work to do and the world needs us!  Peace and love. xoxo

Jeanne Mayell, TriciaCT, mariad and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator

Thank you Jeanne. I don't even know what to say in response to your words.

Yes, we can be the change we want to see and we can be the encouragement to help others be their own change .  

This place is a beacon of hope for many during days like today.  So many people feel a loss of hope.

Yet this community is filled with hope and encouragement. 

I am blessed and very happy to have found you.  Thank you for being here and growing this beautiful garden.  

CC21, RosieHeart, mariad and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

I think of all the journalists and activists and the committee democrats and their staffs who have worked literally 20 hour days every day for months to turn the tide.

I know how hard they work because I used to be in that business 30 years ago and the stakes and the work ethic is  manyfold  even more intense now.   And I know these beautiful tireless people have left everything on the playing field and still they get up the next day and continue onward.  

And for every one of them there are hundreds, no thousands, of activists around the country also fighting for our rights.  

So who am I to give up? 

Fairness and freedom are privileges people have given their lives for.  All we have to do here is see the power that we have, a power that is real.  We will turn this around.  

TriciaCT, CC21, RosieHeart and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@starpath)
Noble Member Registered

The reason America has been as successful as it has been so far is because in general on these large issues the balance of power becomes restored back to the people where it belongs...so temporarily these republican senators and administration people have the upper hand but history has shown us that because of tireless dedicated people (as Jeanne has mentioned) the American people are able to get the power back in time to balance things out again.    The people who wield power but who discount the wishes and needs of others actually have no real power in the spiritual sense.  Their illusion of power gives them a sense of control but it is false.  Eventually the power gets back to those who actually care and respect the other people's needs and wishes.  You could call it Karma or whatever but it is a powerful force and won't be held back...so eventually women will have their day.

TriciaCT, CC21, KB and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 lynn
(@lynn)

Probably because no judge on the 10th cir has served with Kavanaugh, so there are no conflicts of interest. Also because it's a conservative circuit. In any event, it's unlikely anything will come of the complaints, because SCOTUS justices aren't bound by the same ethical rules as all other judges. That's something that needs to change. Sigh.

Jeanne Mayell, Marley, Michele and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)

No kidding, Lynn! If anything Supreme court judges should be held to  higher standards! I watched that lineup of aging judges during Kavansughs swearing in, and prayed for the elders like Ruth Bader Ginsburg to "live long and prosper".

Marley, Baba, Marley and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@vestralux)

Hi y'all. Popping in quickly to share something of interest. Earlier today, I happened to catch a recording in which  a professional astrologer compared Kavanaugh's solar chart against the timing of his swearing in ceremony, as well as against certain transits coming in the next two months. We've all heard it's unwise to sign a contract, or start a new job or a new project when Mercury goes retrograde, but many astrologers say it's also unwise to do so as Venus goes retrograde* (even though the planet is a "lesser beneficent," yada yada). 

Well, Kavanaugh was sworn in right as Venus began her bold backward step in his 10th house—the house of career path and social standing. Venus will be retrograde until November 16th.

On December 13th and 14th, the sun will move into Kavanaugh's 11th house (group affiliations) where it will "shine a light" (investigation?) on his South Node, which from my own perspective, is about the karmic story we carry forward from our past experiences and potentially from past lives. It often identifies the qualities we feel most comfortable with, but need to outgrow or transcend.

Then on December 22nd, the sun moves into Kavanaugh's solar 12th house, indicating that he will seek solitude and privacy at that time. 

The astrologer was objective and impartial about what any of these transits might mean, and for other transits occurring in the interim (between now and December 22), even indicated potential positives for Kavanaugh. I feel there will be more ups and downs, and still see Russia's hands impacting key elections, but I believe there are intrepid journalists and others inside the government already working hard to bring forward the truth. 

*Venus retrograde is also not the time to start a new relationship, just so's ya know. 

Jeanne Mayell, Marley, numerologist and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tag22)
Prominent Member Registered

And no new hairdos either!

Marley, Jeanne Mayell, Marley and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@stargazer)

Vestralux... Wow does Kreepy K have a very intense natal chart or what? It appears that he is in for a major train wreck the last week of November.

Transiting Mars will be conjuncting his Mercury and then Sun, but the big news is Mars will be conjuncting his natal Saturn, which opposes his natal Uranus/Pluto (both retro) conjunction, and then this transiting Mars will oppose natal Mars,also retro. There are other powerful transits combined with this as well, all very powerful aspects coming around November 24 and on.........

It could be very coincidental with Drumpf's demise? We will see.

Jeanne Mayell, numerologist, VestraLux and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 13 / 15
Share: