Notifications
Clear all

Brent Kavanaugh Supreme Court Nominee

(@tag22)
Prominent Member Registered

Vestralux, 

I saw Ursula too.   ? 

Rosieheart,

I agree this is not the end.  Our words create.  While we can't live with our head in the sand, we need to continue to believe that the good guys win. Call your Senators.  Donate to those who have stood up for what is right.

Axios just reported that the American Bar Association announced it is reopening their evaluation of Kavanaugh right before the vote today.  Sen. Merkley from Oregon has filed suit that the GOP has kept the Dems from being able to do their jobs by withholding documents.  A privacy group whose name escapes me right now is also fighting against this because of Kavanaugh's involvement with warrantless surveillance.  Sorry I don't have the links as I am on the road.  There is lots of stuff going on just like I saw in the vision I posted a couple days ago of the little man working frantically at his messy desk. Keep the faith, Everyone.  

kksali, VestraLux, KB and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Posted by: Yogagirl

News just in.  Collins will vote yes.  I think we are all kidding our selves.  This gives Trump and the Republicans card blanche to turn our country away from democracy.  Ten years from now the US will make Nazi Germany look like Disneyland.  They now control all branches of the country and are safe under Putin’s thumb.

Yogagirl, I see you are so disappointed.  I want to give you a huge hug.  I want to infuse you with the courage I have seen in your writings that is your core. I know you've been through a lot in this life.  

Give yourself time. We all need to grieve.  Know that all is not lost and we will be never be like Nazi Germany. 

To be fair, few here were surprised  about the outcome, although we had tons of hope.  Several of us  saw in early readings that he would be confirmed. But seeing something in a reading doesn't mean we know for sure and when the outcome is bad, we never want to empower it.  We want to infuse the future with hope.  

We hoped that something amazing would happen to tip the balance against him.   

And guess what? Something amazing did happen.  Kavanaugh's hearings, with the help of Christine Ford, the press, and millions of women, galvanized a progressive movement in this country.

We all know that the GOP is in power, and they get to do what they want right now.  They also use slimy dark tactics.   Flake himself just the other day said no Republican could vote against the party in this day and age.  (I  want to ask him, "or what, Jeff?  Did they say they would shoot you?")  Then there's Collins who I hope the women of Maine will replace.) 

But the GOP has lost something huge in this process.  Yale University, Kavanaugh's alma mater,  came out against  him. Harvard University, also a vanguard of centrism, came out against him.  The National Council of Churches, a large Christian umbrella group, came out against him.  The American Bar Association came out against him!   

And now women everywhere are incensed and determined .

So big good changes have happened in this country in the past few weeks because of Kavanaugh.  

In one of my earliest and most lucid timelines of these years, I had felt that things would get darkest in 2019.  So hang on.  And stay hopeful.   It is an amazing time to be here. We all have a chance to evolve.   Let's help each other do that.  

RosieHeart, Robin, kksali and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tag22)
Prominent Member Registered

The privacy group I mentioned earlier is EPIC.  On Sept.19 on Big Law Business, the article titled, Privacy Group sues Archives for Kavanaugh Surveillance Records.

SDJ, Kristenkit, KB and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@enkasongwriter)
Famed Member Participant
Topic starter  

Jeanne, how come a negative energy be a good thing spiritually? After Trump got voted in 2016, I feared that he will be deplorable, but instead he was incompetent, which turned out to be a good thing. I feel that after Kavanaugh gets confirmed, he will end up being incompetent, just like Trump. I went through the 2019 readings and saw that Trump is falling and get controlled, being told what to do. I was wondering without Trump, how will this affect Kavanaugh? I feel that he will try to limit Mueller, but will be unable to.

ReplyQuote
(@yogagirl)
Famed Member Registered

Thank you, Jeanne.  I have been angry and depressed for the past 18 months.  I laugh when I think that Collins thinks her voters are OK with this.  I was n Twitter a while ago reading a post on Collins speech, in the comments a gentleman from Maine stated they were working hard to get her out.  People from other states were offering to send donations to her opponent!  I truly feel an evil in this country.  Unfortunately I can’t contact by Senator since it’s Mitch.  I do however whole heartedly support John Yarmouth, our other Senator.

One thing that keeps creeping in my mind and giving me at least a little satisfaction is a statement Yarmuth made that what happens under this and the last administration will be Mitch’s legacy.  Friends of mine who are alumni at Uof Louisville have started a partition to remove Mitch’s name from the U’s government building. 

I am going to NY next week on vacation, if I wasn’t too old to risk arrest I would try to find a dozen rotten eggs to throw at the mango morons tower!  Oh well thank you for letting me vent.  I’ll try to do better.

KB, TaG22, KB and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@vestralux)
Illustrious Member Registered

I so agree, RosieHeart.

I'm a somewhat frequent lucid dreamer. (For anyone who's maybe never heard of it, lucid dreaming refers to "waking up" or becoming conscious in our dreams, and can actually be turned into a practice). Like a lot of people, I've been having them on and off since childhood, but they started to become more frequent in the last 10 years or so. Most people who have lucid dreams know that while in them, you can change the features of a dream instantly. You can fly, if you want, or alter the landscape or the nature of a dream entirely. But I've started noticing other things I think are valuable, and actually relevant to this discussion. 

At some point, whenever I recognized that I was dreaming, I would walk up to the other people in my dreams and ask whether they realized they were dreaming, or if they knew who they were. Most of these people appeared confused or blank faced, which signaled to me that they were likely figments or extensions of my own psyche—dream characters or placeholders, you might say. But as I learned better discernment, I found people who appeared to "wake up" when prompted by my question. There was light in their eyes, and when I asked if they understood that we were dreaming, they said things like, "Oh my god, yeah!" and looked around bewildered. Then when I asked whether they knew who they were in their waking lives, they would have to think a minute, but could answer with details about their lives. I believe these people were actually other individuals, and that we were meeting in what some would call dreamtime or the astral. I consider it a shared dimensional space. (I always try to remember their faces and tell them I hope to meet them in waking life.)

When my father passed twelve years ago, I began having intense and frightening dreams about overwhelmingly powerful hurricanes. I grew up on the Gulf Coast not far from New Orleans and so I'm familiar with tropical storms, but the hurricanes in my dreams are on another level. About six years ago the "tidal wave" dreams started. In those, I'm always standing in clear sunshine on what I assume is the East Coast along with dozens of other people when a wall of water many stories high starts barreling toward shore. Everyone panics and runs. It's total bedlam. (I feel these could be climate change related dreams.)

As a lucid dreamer, I've become relatively skilled at assisting myself during anxiety dreams. I can become conscious in them, and make changes (just like life). So, as I became lucid in these crazy climate dreams, I automatically found myself trying to help the terrified people around me—which meant trying to "wake up" as many as I could. The first time I recall doing this was in a tsunami dream. People were running in terror in all directions and I'd run into the lobby of hotel type building. The electricity was down and water was coming. To my right was a family—father, mother, and teenage son—and to our left was an older male. His fear was making him erratic and they were afraid not just of the flood, but of him.

So, I walked over to the teenager and took his hands. Then, I calmly invited him to float up to the peak of the cathedral ceiling with me. Because he was young and his mind was open, he followed without hesitation. When he did this, his parents stopped freaking out and decided to join us. It took a little while, but they got it. When the four of us were finally all together, floating in the air and holding arms, I invited them to help me try to change the scene outside, just by our intention, which we were able to do to a fair extent.

The power of that woke me up in my bed.

In (lucid) dreams, we can change whatever is happening very quickly—instantly. Or rather, the evidence of our capacity to effect change is clear to us instantly. More importantly: the more people who share in the intention to manifest the change, the greater the change. 

This. Is. Equally. True. In. Waking. Life. 

The evidence may appear to us more slowly, but the effect is just as instant. And the more people who share in the intention—whether positive or negative, constructive or destructive, conscious or unconscious—the more powerfully manifest the outcome will be.

That's why it's crucial that we're conscious in the dream—this so-called waking one. All that we give our energy, our words, our hope, and our attention to is a literal and actual reality maker. All that we give ourselves to together? Well, that creates worlds. 

Jeanne Mayell, villager, RosieHeart and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@larel)
Trusted Member Registered

When the allegations first came out, all BK had to do was either withdraw or admit that he was pretty obnoxious in school, drank too much, probably did a lot he doesn't remember, but he's a totally changed man who turned his life around into having positive values, dedicated to his wonderful wife, family and friends, being a good citizen and his love for the country/constitution. And even though he doesn't remember her or the incident, directly apologize to Ford for any pain he might've caused her or what she's been through.

He'd already be on the Supreme Court and would've saved us all this disgusting trainwreck of our dysfunctional 2-party system (when 40% of voters are independent/no-party voters). But, no. It feels like we needed more collective pain and discomfort (and they'll be a lot more coming as predicted by this group and Jeanne). The only comfort is looking for the helpers, the change makers, and those rising up and speaking to truth.

Ackkkk...can we just have one week with no ugly news, outrage, or frustration? It's exhausting! - daria

KB, Bee, mariad and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mas1581)

The biggest problem for me with the times we are living is the complete mass stupidity I see on a regular basis. My biggest fault has always been intellectual arrogance and I have worked hard to successfully move beyond it. I am having such a problem now, though, watching so many sheep follow blatant conmen, crooks, and traitors. It is hard on some days to have hope for humanity when I see so many people turning away from awareness and intelligent thought to blindly follow this cult of personality in the WH. Hearing women say they have been assaulted or their daughter was raped and in the same sentence say "but Trump/Kavanaugh is such a great man" just pulls at my inner fabric to the point of me wanting to explode. Hearing that leaves me no choice but to believe they have 1. No morals or 2. No free thought and Im not sure which is worse. 

I really want to hold people in the highest esteem but woth so many being like this, it gets harder every day. There are a lot of people who dont follow blindly, but still so many(40%ish on polls and probably more that just wont admit it publically) that do, it gets hard to hold hope for humanity sometimes. 

50/100/1000 years ago, racism and misogyny was the way it was and I get the want to be included so people went along...."when in Rome, do as the Romans do" in a sense. I cant fully hold them responsible for it back then because change needed to occur to end that way of thinking. 2 years ago we were well on our way to moving past that, though. This world today isnt just people going along with the culture. People had to make an active change to bring that way of life back, which shows that is what they truly want and are willing to work toward it. That is a very hard pill to swallow for me. 

I know this was off topic somewhat and a bit of a rant, but I had to get it out somehow amd figured Id get some understanding without backlash here. 

RosieHeart, mariad, Daria and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)

Thank you, thank you, thank you Vestra Lux!

When I joined here in Spring of 2017, quite a few had watched Man in the High Castle,  Seasons 1 then 2. I'm still here but many from that group have left. As complicated as it plot can feel it is so incredibly filled with so many relatable topics to these times and even more so incredibly symbolic that I am rewatching both seasons of the Amazon video versions before starting season 3 which started today on Amazon Prime. Loved those shows.

Every single other thing you said here and everywhere, I so agree with and we just can't reiterate it enough.

We have to truly retrain ourselves if we want our world to be as we all wish and dream it to be. Our fates can change in a heartbeat and suddenly we could live in a multi-verse that is the opposite of that dream.

We follow the path we want to see,  to be, and the wold to become.

I have been at peace today and believing it is happening as it needs to, in order for true change yo happen.

It may take 30 years (or 50 years) and many of us will not be here,  but a new and better world will be created out of the ashes of the one that is being destroyed bit by bit now. Or something huge could happen and any other future suddenly transform everything.

We are the change. We will grow in numbers and multiple and when we hit the mass point of the 100th Monkey effect, our world will transform.

RosieHeart, numerologist, VestraLux and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 SDJ
(@sdj)
Reputable Member Registered

MAS1581, 

I am also frustrated, but as arrogant as it is to mention it, racism wasn’t an issue a thousand years ago. It’s a pretty recent development. Virginia really did its part to make it a mainstream (lack of) value when they wanted the poor whites to turn their attention away from their oppressors. If both black and white were slaves, at least the whites were superior to the black ones, etc.  

I am looking forward to an actual investigation into Kavanaugh. I am certain that there was so little done by the FBI (as instructed) that the Senators didn’t have to make a choice in the end. They did what they were already going to do under the cover of a faulty investigation. Perhaps Avenatti will be the knight to cut that seat down. Did money have to change hands for this Justice to ascend? Is it from the same funds that have Sen. Graham in a bind? 

It it might be helpful to sway the vote if we show support in donations to Senators like Heitkamp.  

Jeanne Mayell, RosieHeart, Jeanne Mayell and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@vestralux)

Sending you much love and gratitude for your ample light and positivity, Michele. Thank you for keeping the long view. I'm definitely holding it with you. (And I'm stoked that you've been watching Man in the High Castle, too. So good!)

SDJ, I think I may understand your meaning when you say that racism wasn't an issue 1,000 years ago, but I want to be sure. I assume you mean that it wasn't a political "issue" we can read about from historical documents, or what have you. But because it feels important, I have to say it: Racial hatred, racial violence, and racial genocide were all very much a fact of life 1,018 A.D.

It's evolutionary. Homo sapiens genocided homo neanderthalensis and off we went! 

MAS, I agree that it feels way passed time we all figured most of this stuff out. It's disheartening, yes. As I mentioned somewhere, I'm a (healed and whole!) rape and childhood sex abuse survivor. I'm also a non-hetero identified woman who came out to my staunchly conservative family in my 20's and was immediately disowned. (The term being relative as I come from poor folks; there was nothing to inherit.) I've had partners who were transgender or a different race, and my community (I live in the South) was sometimes aggressively unkind. But I've tried hard to understand their fear and outrage because I was born into that same energy, and so I know it isn't always offered in absolute stupidity or even total hatred. It's reactive and instinctual. And yes, it's based in ignorance.

But I've seen minds open. And hearts. I'm also weirdly, and in defiance of the facts of my life, just plain optimistic by nature.

I'm a longtime student of spiral dynamics and integral theory (I so recommend both to anyone interested in consciousness evolution!), and I recognize that while we are always evolving, it's never in a straight line—and it's never overnight. Thesis, antithesis, synthesis. We're having us a biggo heapin' helping of antithesis right now. Also, only about 20% of the American population is currently progressive—folks who agree on the issues we're all passionate about in this thread. A HUGE leap forward has happened even inside the progressive movement in just a short time, but the wider population is located at very different places, and not all progressives are sensitive to assault trauma. Most of us voted for Clinton and dismissed the accusations against him, for example. Not all of us have realized this was probably unwise. 

Jeanne Mayell, Bee, Marley and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@vestralux)

Here's a good image of the spiral dynamics model that's pretty understandable. You can easily see where Trump falls on the evolutionary spectrum.

ETA: Apologies for hijacking the thread away from Kava-nope.

ReplyQuote
 SDJ
(@sdj)
Reputable Member Registered

Race or skin color didn’t matter so much as national origins back then. 

ReplyQuote
(@vestralux)

Posted by: SDJ

Race or skin color didn’t matter so much as national origins back then. 

With respect, I disagree. Europe and much of the imperial West was under tremendous transition at the time, and great numbers of people were migrating and encountering one another. The Crusades were shortly to begin, and the Roman Empire was in its last stages.

Antisemitism (racism) had already been deeply problematic for centuries. Romani people were facing persecution. Individuals from the Indian subcontinent faced automatic religious or other persecution on the basis of skin color alone. I could list many more examples. 

Under the Ottoman Empire 300 years later, these issues didn't dissolve purely into ethnocentrism or nativism. They're biological. In the wild, wolves often reject an albino born into their pack, and frequently kill it. It's an evolutionary survival strategy to distrust what's dissimilar until it becomes familiar, which takes conscious effort—and requires risk. We were tribes long before we were city-states, and we feared, distrusted, or hated first on the basis of what was unfamiliar.

ReplyQuote
(@annad)
Eminent Member Registered

There are many ways that Kavanough can be muted if he is confirmed. Impecment is unlikely, but the Bar Association might have influence. Here in Queensland, our premier nominated an unpopular and unqualified Chief Justice for the State a few years back. All the other Justices denounced him and basically refused to work with him. He quit six months later as no one had any respect for him. Maybe this will be the fate of Kavanough. 

RosieHeart, Unk p, Jeanne Mayell and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@yogagirl)
Famed Member Registered

Unfortunetly that won't happen here.  CJ Roberts is in the bag along with the other conservative justices.  It's all about the money.  The Republicn party is owned by the Koch bros and funded by the Russian's funneling money thru the NRA.  This includes the Supreme Court Justices (conservatives)  This is all about giving Trump absolute power until they can get rid of him and put someone in they can control but at least has half a brain.  He will be able to pardon anyone both at Federal and State level nomatter what their crime.  That includes the Russian woman who was arrested for spying.  Putin wants her back so Trump will use his power to send her back.  The Republicans  have systematically dismantled democracy in the US.  There are no more checks and balances.  They ahve convinced their constituents that Democates are communist or Socialist and want to distroy the US.  Meanwhile they are doing exactly that.  It's an old Putin trick.  Accuse the enemy of doing exactly what you are doing.  It will be very difficult for this trend to be turned around.  As much as we hope voting in t he mid-terms will help, and it might a little, it won't turn the tide until Trump flys off the handle and does something so awful that it can't be hidden any longer.  If you watch   interviews with his supporters they will say there is nothing he can do that will turn them against him. One women even said he could rape her daughter in front of her and she would still support him!  That is how sick this country has gotten.  The next step after he wins re-election in 2020 is to over throw the Constitution.  That should happen  in early 2021.  

We can say the people have the power but after Kav is seated on the SC we will be very limited.  We can protest and march but more than  likely thatwill only be used against us or end us in jail. This is a very dangerous time in our history.

Annad, RosieHeart, Unk p and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@yogagirl)
Famed Member Registered

And yes I know this sounds very negative but it is also very realistic.  Mitch McConnell and friends have been planning this for a long time, as far back as 2000 when Bush was elected.  They miscalculated with the 2008 election.  They thought Hillary would be the candidate and under estimated Obama's popularity.  But then we saw what Mitch did to Obama.  Our biggest,  hope and I say this as a realist and not as a slander, is that Mitch dies soon.  DOn't take that as wishful thinking but the man is in his 80's and has had a least one heart attack.  In a high stress job heis a ticking time bomb.  He also has to keep an eye on his wife's family, who don't seem to be able to stop running drugs on their big ships!  HE has to try to sweep that under the rug.  They have been caught once this year so who knows.  They know he is powerful and can cover for them.  This info onMitch, by the way, comes from someone I know who used to work for him.  She says there is no end to his arrogance and that he is a conniving snake!

Unk p, KB, Unk p and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@enkasongwriter)
Famed Member Participant
Topic starter  

Yogagirl, I feel that Trump will not win 2020 and that by next or following year there will be a recession. Jeanne said that things will change in 2028. I feel that from now until then there will be a rise of progressives and women. The midterm will turn out to be a blue house and red senate. Democracy never dies, but will take a beating. Eventually it will persevere and triumph. I see that people have become stronger than the government. Jeanne, I feel that we will reach the drain by next year before everything turns around. Mueller will persevere and succeed. I don't see him affect in any way.

TriciaCT, RosieHeart, KB and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@yogagirl)
Famed Member Registered

I surely hope you are right.  For me it really doesn't matter.  I will not be here in 2028 so I won't see the total change.  (67 year old cancer survivor).  By the way I just heard the most discusting political ad on the radio I have ever heard.  The Dem  is running on equality,affordable health care.  His opponent's ad says he is a Solcialist, neo-Nazi (is tht possible?) sexual pervert.  A former student came forward and said in 1987 he looked at her inappropriately.  Honestly I almost vomited.  Luckily I was in my car so I could just turnit off.  This is the kind of adds we will be seeing for the next month.  Ilive in Kentucky and people here are a large part of the alt-right movemment.  

KB and KB reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Posted by: Yogagirl

And yes I know this sounds very negative but it is also very realistic.  

It's true that the GOP understated Obama's popularity in 2008, but progressives were caught off guard in 2016 and are just getting going.  Yes, it is a dangerous time. Progressives know it.   That is why so many are busy getting out the vote. 

Then there is the rising women's movement.  And the rising power of our youth.

The youth of this country are overwhelmingly progressive and they are just barely getting traction.  When Parkland H.S. student Emma Gonzales, got up on top of that car in a parking lot and started yelling B.S. to the Donald Trump and the GOP,  she made them very afraid.  Gonzales is only 19 years old now. Give those kids a little time. 

Meanwhile, McConnell et al. are aging out fast.  Charles Koch is 82 years old.  His brother, David,  is already out of the picture at 78, due to illness. 

Michele, talk to this girl! 

Michele, RosieHeart, Unk p and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 12 / 15
Share: