2024 Election Issue...

Notifications
Clear all

2024 Election Issues and Campaigns

(@dannyboy)
Illustrious Member Registered

Posted by: @unk-p

Is anyone watching the Republican debates tonight?

I would rather suck the farts out of an 84 year old sofa I bought for $3 at a Goodwill in Indiana. 

PamP, deetoo, JourneyWithMe2 and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unk-p)

@dannyboy ha!   glad to see you haven't donated your funny-bone

PamP, deetoo, Lauren and 6 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dannyboy)

@unk-p no hospital would clear transferring this sense of humor into another human person. 🤣

PamP, deetoo, Vesta and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@seeker4)

@unk-p I watched long enough to know that 1. Their false assumptions are alive and well.  2.  They all still lie at will.  3.  They continue to be terrified of Trump--not to mention that audience and signed pledges to vote for him if he's the nominee--even if he's in a cell.  (That tells you everything you need to know about the GOP along with their addresses that are in located in the sewer.). 4.  Nikki Haley did surprisingly well, but then she can be all over the place over time and the GOP probably won't get excited about backing a woman or a man of color.  (Sorry Vivek).  5.  Mike Pence did fairly well for Mike Pence although his "doing the right thing" is now presented as a noble gesture--and overlooks the fact that he had to call Dan Quayle to find out what the right thing was. (I'm from Indiana so am now proud of Dan Quayle.  LOL)  6. Chris Christie was Chris Christie for the most part.  7. Ramaswamy has the vigor of a young guy, but the views of an old guy.  ("Climate change agenda is a hoax."). Really.

PamP, deetoo, Maggieci and 6 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unk-p)

@seeker4 thanks for summing it up for us.  You must have a very strong stomach. I saw about 5 seconds of the debate, and almost hurled.  Wonkette was right when they concluded that the real winner of the debate was Joe Biden.  hehheh

Here is a short video of someone adopting an injured bumble bee (someone who is obviously nothing like the "people" on that stage last night):

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZT8FqLkdL/

PamP, Freya, deetoo and 6 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@seeker4)

@unk-p I understand completely.  But, I watch so that when they tell me that they won't read or listen to anything other than what they already believe, I can say, "I listen to you and I read what's written on the right--that's how I know you're wrong!  Further, until you educate yourselves on progressive thinking, you will never actually know what you are talking about." AND, I'm a bit of an oddball, I know.

I love the video.  So heartwarming.

PamP, deetoo, Lauren and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unk-p)

@seeker4 so glad that you liked the bee video- i wasn't trying to derail the thread by posting it.  Someone fowarded me that video while i was reading the transcripts from the debate, and i was struck by the contrast between this kindhearted person who was cheerfully making all of this effort to comfort an injured bee, vs the screaming meanies that were on that stage. It feels like the human race is actually splitting into two different species right now.  I can see it happening even in my own family, and i have no idea what to do about it.

PamP, Freya, deetoo and 8 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

I'd like to talk about John F Kenney, Jr. who has now announced he's running as an independent. The man is a crazy, conspiracy-theorist who seems intent in destroying the dem's chances, and boosting Trump's. It's no surprise that a Trump supporter has been the main donor of Kennedy's Super Pac.  As the Vanity Fair writer in the linked story put it, he's the Manchurian Candidate, pretending to be a liberal, set up by the Repubs to pull votes from Biden.

If anyone has a mind to support this guy, read the Vanity Fair story about him and spread the word. 

The problem is that some people I know in the holistic community like him because he's anti vax and anti-drug company to the extreme. He's also unqualified, is dangerous when it's a US president. But he will never be US President. He is just going to try to take votes from Biden.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2023/09/rfk-kennedy-interview

PamP, Lauren, tybin and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@2ndfdl)
Prominent Member Registered

Posted by: @jeanne-mayell

I'd like to talk about John F Kenney, Jr. who has now announced he's running as an independent. The man is a crazy, conspiracy-theorist who seems intent in destroying the dem's chances, and boosting Trump's. It's no surprise that a Trump supporter has been the main donor of Kennedy's Super Pac.  As the Vanity Fair writer in the linked story put it, he's the Manchurian Candidate, pretending to be a liberal, set up by the Repubs to pull votes from Biden.

If anyone has a mind to support this guy, read the Vanity Fair story about him and spread the word. 

The problem is that some people I know in the holistic community like him because he's anti vax and anti-drug company to the extreme. He's also unqualified, is dangerous when it's a US president. But he will never be US President. He is just going to try to take votes from Biden.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2023/09/rfk-kennedy-interview

Do you mean Robert F Kennedy Jr? I agree, he’s insane. His own siblings have come out against him. 

PamP, Jeanne Mayell, Lauren and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@2ndfdl)
Prominent Member Registered

dp sorry

Lauren reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tgraf66)

@jeanne-mayell I honestly wouldn't worry too much about him taking votes from Biden. He likely won't make it past the primary, and even if he does, he'll probably pull more from TFG than Biden.

Jeanne Mayell, ghandigirl, Lauren and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@cindy)
Illustrious Member Registered Participant

@tgraf66 Those were my exact thoughts. Most who are liberal leaning independents or Dems see him for what he is. He won't be running on the D ticket, if he makes it to the ballot at all. He was immediately denounced very publicly by four of his siblings for his actions. And he doesn't make sense when he speaks. Sure he'll garner some support, but mainly by those who aren't sure which R they like.

PamP, deetoo, Lauren and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 KMac
(@kathleen)
Noble Member Contributor

@seeker4 Totally agree with your thinking about being open to new information. Most of the time I want to ignore the vile by not watching or reading it, but I also realize that an open mind is an informed and broadened mind. After having said those lofty remarks, thanks for taking on the R debate on behalf of all of us so I don't have to, it was wickedly funny!

PamP, deetoo, Lauren and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator

I was reminded today about something I've been sensing for maybe 2 years now, but recently forgot with all that has gone on with political polls and Trump legal explosions an implosions. 

I don't believe we (intuitive people) should be asking if Biden will win the election over Trump. I don't think Biden's campaign should focus overly on Trump either because I don't believe Trump will ultimately be in the running for President.  I believe he will have to bow out for health or legal reasons.  Biden really needs to be prepared for a race against someone else. 

Instead we could consider be asking whether Biden will win over whomever is running against him.  Or even more generally, whether the democratic candidate will win the 2024 Presidential election.  

Looking to see who is on the inaugural stage may be problematic for an intuitive as outgoing presidents and V.Ps are normally present for the changing of the guard. During RTFN's, in addition to looking for which candidate is present on stage I try and get a glimpse of how political figures are acting during the Inauguration.

I am going to begin to envision the U.S.  wrapped in gold light and filled with love and hope. I am reminding myself not to focus on negative possibilities as I know my fear could be negatively impactful.  I would rather focus my energy on the positive.  

ghandigirl, PamP, Jeanne Mayell and 18 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@spiritman)
Trusted Member Registered

So Jill Stein announced she's running in 2024. I don't feel she will have that big of an impact on the voting in 2024, but I'm curious what everyone else thinks.

PamP and Lauren reacted
ReplyQuote
(@raincloud)
Famed Member Registered

@spiritman 

My response may be a little raw because I am grieving a lost election in my community because of a third party candidate.

I know nothing about Jill Stein or the Green Party so let's suppose she is sincere in thinking that our two party system is broken and that "green" is best (no argument here). However, our democracy is teetering on the brink, in case she hasn't noticed, and between Nader in Bush v Gore and Stein's last run in which Hilary barely lost, incalculable damage was done. Promote systemic changes some other way or some other time.

I say get out and be gone.

Colorful, PamP, Jeanne Mayell and 8 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 lynn
(@lynn)

Unlike some of the other clowns running for president (RFK JR., Dean Phillips, maybe Joe Manchin) Stein is running on the green party, which has ballot access in every state. That is concerning. Also, Jill Stein is a Russian plant. She was present at a dinner in Moscow in 2015, seated at the same table as Putin and Michael Flynn. See below:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/guess-who-came-dinner-flynn-putin-n742696

Who the heck knows why but Russian media heavily promoted Stein's 2016 campaign, and it's arguable that she peeled votes away from Hillary. I don't know why she could possibly want to try to throw the election to the GOP again, but she's back for another bite at that apple.

I seriously don't get these people. We are teetering on the brink of fascism and they can't do anything but gaze at their own reflections.

PamP, Jeanne Mayell, matildagirl and 8 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@lynn 

This is a great reminder for anyone who is not aware. Thank you!

PamP, Jeanne Mayell, Freya and 4 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@raincloud)
Famed Member Registered

@lynn 

Good grief! I suspected nefarious goings on but other than general suspicion on my part, I had no basis on which to voice such thoughts. Thank you for the link.

PamP, Jeanne Mayell, Freya and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 lynn
(@lynn)

We should all spread the word about her, especially to the youngs, who she might appeal to. If you read her Twitter/X announcement, what she's "for" is what Biden is ALREADY accomplishing (student loan forgiveness, strong unions, climate change policy). She's a nihilist -- one of the ultra left folks who somehow think that we will benefit by burning it all down, and someone who hasn't realized yet that Russia isn't the USSR anymore and they are about as communist as Elon Musk. I have no patience for these people. Change is incremental, and if you can't see that, then you have no place running for anything, even dog catcher.

PamP, Vesta, deetoo and 4 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 15
Share: