Notifications
Clear all

The Covid-19 Pandemic (When posting new information, please cite sources)

(@febbby23)
Illustrious Member Registered

@deetoo I hope you are able to release some of the stress and anxiety that you are dealing with.  We are all feeling it in one way or another.  You're not alone.  Our care and concern for each other are a healing balm in this difficult time.  I'm sending you love, peace, and my prayers.  Be well dear one.  We will get through this, one day at a time. ❤️ 

PamP, CC21, Aheartbegins and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@share)
Famed Member Registered

• @deetoo Sending you many wells of healing energy and rainbows of sunshine. Your calm and beautiful smile illuminates outward and I’m grateful for you my friend.   

share the love and light 

PamP, BlueBelle, ghandigirl and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jewels-2)
Noble Member Registered

@deetoo

I hope you feel better soon.  I have enjoyed your posts here for years.

Here's a thought from my therapist today that you might find helpful too.

We as a nation are grieving.  Sparing the details, Americans have lost a lot, and the end isn't in sight yet.  So top grief with serious stress. This all affects the body and mind. We're tired and blue. Our thought processes are cloudier. It's harder to focus,  or remember things. And more symptoms, like guilt for those of us wanting to accomplish great things right now, but can't get off the couch.  So we need to realize we're grieving and be gentle on ourselves.

I know there are people in this community who can explain this far better than I. Hint, hint ...

PamP, BlueBelle, Grace and 19 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

@deetoo - I was just starting to wonder if you are ok, glad you are home and safe. ❤️ ? ❤️ ? 

@jewels - your therapist sounds wise.

PamP, BlueBelle, Anita and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@anita)
Noble Member Registered

@deetoo

im so sorry for you and I realize it’s most of us in the same place. Today I had an endoscopy. My doctor said my stomach is very inflamed. She took some samples for a biopsy. So much stress for us all. We’ve known things are bad. It seems more and more people are seeing it, now that this pandemic has made it impossible for most everyone to be more aware. I imagine some 39% or so will find it’s easier to keep drinking the kool aid. I am watching much less news and more Netflix. 
pit might be painful just caring for others. But that caring is giving and you might find there’s no need to have guilt when you are doing so much.

Sending you warmth and prayers for your peace and health and for us all.

Anita

PamP, deetoo, FEBbby23 and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@moonbeam)
Illustrious Member Registered

@ Deetoo. Love your words, so much kindness and love comes off you when you post. Thinking of you and wishing you will feel much better soon. You are right, we are a tribe. Or a 'pack' in wolf speak ❤️ 

PamP, BlueBelle, deetoo and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@deetoo

Dear Deetoo,

You are such a loving and kind lady and beautiful person.  

Sending you a huge love filled hug.

PamP, BlueBelle, Anita and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@5leafclover)
Noble Member Participant

We keep hearing that if only we had a vaccine we could end the world's problems with the COVID-19 pandemic. I'm not so sure that a vaccine will end the pandemic. This particular virus has a lot in common with the common cold with respect to its ability to mutate. The reason we don't have vaccines for the common cold is that their value would end quickly once the viruses mutated. We face the problem of trying to keep up with the numerous mutations that occur.

A successful COVID-19 vaccine would likely have only a short period of effectiveness followed by a huge resurgence in the global pandemic. It takes a long period of time to properly test new vaccines for safety and effectiveness. But time is on the side of the viruses which will mutate again and again to make the vaccines ineffective. We clearly have the wrong type of leadership in the White House to deal something like COVID-19. He has actively undermined the measures needed to limit the spread of the virus. Trump does not care one iota about how many people perish because of COVID-19. He cares only about staying in power and raking in money for himself.

PamP, Isabelle, Ms. C. and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@frank)
Famed Member Registered

@5leafclover  Actually, the SARS-CoV-2 mutation rate has so far been more like the mumps than a cold virus.  A vaccine should work quite well for getting the pandemic under control:

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/what-to-know-about-mutation-and-covid-19#The-bottom-line

PamP, Anita, lenor and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@pikake)
Famed Member Registered

@deetoo You are a gentle soul and the external chaos must be such wear and tear on you. To borrow a phrase from teens today “you do you!” There’s no need to apologize for stepping away. I too have felt  the need to pull back my energies and give my inner self safe harbor for a while. 

PamP, BlueBelle, Anita and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)

@frank

The issue around vaccines also has to do with retention of antibodies. You are right, it's not mutating as quickly as we thought, but it is mutating faster than most influenzas.  And it's looking like antibodies might not stay in circulation in a human bloodstream beyond a few weeks.

https://www.the-scientist.com/news-opinion/studies-report-rapid-loss-of-covid-19-antibodies-67650

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/covid-19-antibodies-fade-months-study/story?id=71406787

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2020/06/chinese-study-antibodies-covid-19-patients-fade-quickly

MUTATION TRACKING

PamP, lenor, Share and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

Texas has confirmed their first case of Covid in an animal.  The animal is a dog and the owners of the dog had covid.  It is believed they give the virus to the dog.

First I have heard of a dog getting the virus.

https://www.bigcountryhomepage.com/news/state-dog-has-first-case-of-coronavirus-in-texas-animal/?fbclid=IwAR0o9mHFmlaomKEmRH8PB46ga4GSYmBqXUjU5UbYdFkUONOF3KASVMLmidQ

PamP, lenor, PamP and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)

@lovendures

I think in Italy there was a similar case... or was it NYC...?

PamP, Share, PamP and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

@laura-f

I knew about cats, but I don't remember a dog.  I wonder how sick they get?

PamP and PamP reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)

@lovendures

OK, now I remember - it was the big cats (tigers) in the Bronx Zoo. They think maybe one of the zookeepers who had a very mild case gave it to them.

I imagine that since this particular coronavirus originated in animals, it probably doesn't sicken them as much as us.

PamP, Share, BlueBelle and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

@laura-f

There has been dogs. In China and NY

The United States Department of Agriculture’s (USDA) National Veterinary Services Laboratories (NVSL) today announced the first confirmed case of SARS-CoV-2 (the virus that causes COVID-19) infection in a pet dog (German shepherd) in New York state. This is the first dog in the United States to test positive for SARS-CoV-2.

Samples from the dog were taken after it showed signs of respiratory illness. The dog is expected to make a full recovery. One of the dog’s owners tested positive for COVID-19, and another showed symptoms consistent with the virus, prior to the dog showing signs. A second dog in the household has shown no signs of illness; however, antibodies were also identified in that dog, suggesting exposure.

https://www.aphis.usda.gov/aphis/newsroom/stakeholder-info/sa_by_date/sa-2020/sa-06/sars-cov-2-dog

And in China 

The first dog in the world to be found with the new coronavirus died on Monday after testing negative for the disease and returning home, according to Hong Kong’s animal welfare authority.

The 17-year-old Pomeranian, which belonged to a now-recovered Covid-19 patient, had been under mandatory quarantine at a government facility since February 26, and returned home last Saturday.

The dog had repeatedly been tested during its quarantine. A total of five tests from its nasal and oral samples all returned “weak positive” results for the virus.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/health-environment/article/3075650/first-dog-found-coronavirus-has-died-after

PamP, deetoo, lenor and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 CC21
(@cc21)

Good morning, all! I pulled three Tarot cards (Thoth deck) on the coronavirus and my interpretations are as follows:

I asked "What can you tell me about coronavirus?"

In August:

Adjustment
I noticed immediately the scales of justice (karma). The figure is balancing very delicately on the tip of the sword. Things can go either way. I think if states and individuals start buckling down on restrictions in July and August, things will start to get under control. However, again, it can go either way if not taken seriously.

In September:

Truce (4 of swords)
The swords appear to be holding the flower in place. I think that people/states start to really buckle down (out of necessity) and things start to hold steady. Not necessarily improve, but stop getting exponentially worse. I noticed the green color which usually indicates creativity, so perhaps there will be some creative solutions either medically (vaccine/antibody related) or with the whole back-to-school situation. The text indicated rest from sorrow; recovery from sickness; and change for the better after struggle, so I hope this is a more positive card for Sept.

In October:

Prudence (8 of discs)
Seeing this after Truce in Sept. makes me think that things will be moving in a more positive direction regarding COVID-19. This is a beautiful card and the first time I have pulled it. The yellow background is cheerful and brings me hope. The twisted tree trunk is strong and the swirling leaves and flowers appear to be in balance, though cautiously -- the leaves are sort of protecting the flowers. The text indicates that this card is intelligence applied to material affairs. So again, perhaps some overall cautious prudence and seeing a hopeful way forward.

Would love to hear if any of this resonates with anyone or if you have other interpretations. Thanks!

PamP, Grace, BlueBelle and 23 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

The governor of Florida just said that if Walmart and Home Depot is open so can the schools open

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis is pushing to reopen schools in the fall against the advice of some of the nation's top health officials, and said if Walmart and Home Depot are open, schools should be, too.

"We spent months saying that there were certain things that were essential -- that included fast food restaurants, it included Walmart, it included Home Depot. If fast food and Walmart and Home Depot -- and look, I do all that, so I'm not looking down on it -- but if all that is essential, then educating our kids is absolutely essential," DeSantis, a Republican and ally of President Donald Trump, said in Jacksonville on Thursday.

He continued, "But I'm confident if you can do Home Depot, if you can do Walmart,

PamP, lenor, CC21 and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)

@cc21, @grace, @febbby23, @share, @jewels, @laura-f, @anita, @moonbeam, @lovendures, @pikake, and everyone,

Thank you for your likes and kind words of wisdom, love and support.  With everything that’s gone on the past 3-1/2 years, I was feeling okay and pretty solid within myself, and then Covid-19 hit.  I believed that I was managing that okay too, until I clearly saw that those in political power don’t care whether we live or die.  I knew it intellectually, but I guess wasn’t allowing myself to feel it.  It's terrifying and hurts too much.  The feeling was visceral, and it upended me.  For whatever reason, I now feel and accept it.  It’s up to us to save ourselves.

When I was sick last week and feared I might have Covid, I said to my husband, “if I die from this pandemic, I’m sticking around to haunt that orange monster.”  Once I began to feel better, I had to laugh at myself!  I mean, just the thought that I would waste one ounce of my precious energy on that horrible man … to taint my spirit and relinquish my peace to haunt him, is insanity.  Funny maybe, but nuts. ?  Besides … he’s already haunted.  Ghosts of his own creation.  I don't feel sorry for him, but I do feel sad for the choices he's made.  And I don’t care to ever venture inside his dark psyche or his empty heart.  While I’m here on this earth, and eventually in the hereafter, I’ve got more important things to do.

Stay strong, my friends.  Love and blessings to all of you.   

PamP, Grace, Baba and 31 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Posted by: @jessi1978

The governor of Florida just said that if Walmart and Home Depot is open so can the schools

There are so many things that come to mind about these Trumper politicians, but it all comes down to one thing:  they do not care about the very people they were elected to serve.  They care about money and their own power and supporting a dark agenda. When leaders who care about people discuss the pros and cons of opening the schools, I am interested in what they have to say. Coming from this man, I only hear lie, lie, lie while people die, die, die.

PamP, Baba, lenor and 29 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 97 / 173
Share: