Notifications
Clear all

RV Oct 5 - Brett Kavanaugh

(@maria-d-white)
Noble Member Registered
Topic starter  

It's looking like Brett Kavanaugh is getting confirmed after all. (People who count likely votes say so). Many people think the whole process has been rather irregular, but it's difficult to pin down what exact illegalities have been committed. It's hard to decide where to look, so the easiest choice is to look directly at the man at the center of this: Kavanaugh himself.

The exercise is as follows:

Person: Brett Kavanaugh

Time: The last month (things could have happened further in the past, but it's often easier to start with a modest time target, if things lead you backwards in time, that's fine).

Target: Any meetings or actions related to wrongdoing in order to secure the a position in the Supreme Court.

Unk p and Unk p reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

I see unveiled threats -- mainly political  ("we will make sure you never work again),, and veiled physical threats, to Republicans who don't vote with him. 

I see talking points handed to Susan Collins. I see threats to Jeff Flake that his life and/or his family will be in danger if he doesn't vote for Trump. No they are not telling they will harm him but that the some from the extreme GOP base might do so.  I see that the FBI investigation was a planned scheme using Flake to make him look like a hero to women at the same time that the investigation would be a sham.  I see Trump acting as a crime boss threatening GOP members if they don't walk in lock step. I see a situation, and I saw this situation when they were announcing they'd do an investigation - I saw a situation in which they set up the fake investigation for one purpose - to claim that Kav was innocent.  

Unk p, numerologist, Marley and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@numerologist)
Noble Member Registered

I see Kavanaugh's confirmation taking a terrible toll on his marriage and his 2 daughters. When I saw the pic of his swearing-in - the wife had a faint smile, but the older daughter in particular, had a strained look. I see school kids tormenting his daughters, saying her daddy is a rapist, bla bla bla - not that many of them understand what it means, they just know it's bad. Both daughters don't really understand what happened, but they have an innate knowledge their daddy is NOT a good man, and they have seen him drunk on many occasions.

I see his wife and Kavanaugh arguing bitterly about the toll this is taking on the family, and she wants him to withdraw his nomination, especially after his hearing on Thursday when he made a total fool of himself. But Brett will not hear about dropping out as he has been groomed and promised this position for years,  and much dark money has been given to him as a 'good faith payments'.  Brett speaks daily to Don McGahn who assures him his is in control of the FBI investigation - they aren't going to look at ANYTHING of substance , and anything new that comes out won't be taken seriously or looked at. Besides, McConnell 'has this' and has spoken to each gop senator and given them their instructions (which means he has $$$ as an award or black mail material on each to keep them in line). Brett has been instructed by McGahn to just sit back and not read the papers or watch tv, and keeps reassuring him 'this will all be over soon and by next week you will be wearing the robe of a Supreme Court Justice!'.

Jeanne Mayell, Unk p, Jeanne Mayell and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@stardancer)
Honorable Member Registered

numerologist,

I was also taken by the expression on the oldest daighter’s face. She did appear stressed which seems reasonable under the circumstances. I think about what Brett Kavenaugh said during the hearing..within all the anger and rage his voice cracked as he spoke of the younger child saying they should pray for “ the woman” when saying her night time prayers. He went on to talk about the wisdom of a child. 

There is nothing like a child’s heart! Children are capable of facilitating healing in ways that we as adults seem to have misplaced. We can spend endless hours writing and enforcing laws, but no one can legislate the heart. It is true, I think that we must hold people accountable. We all experience the consequences for missing the mark on this journey in one way or another. We have 3 women as Supreme Court Justices. That is some powerful energy that could impact his heart. 

I am going to follow Brett Kavenaugh’s youngest daughter’s advice. I am going to pray for Dr. Ford.  I am going to pray for all the people whose lives have been upended by sexual violence. I am also going to pray for Brett Kavenaugh, his wife and their daughters.  Conflict can create incredible change. It can harden a heart or it can open and ultimately soften it. I going to focus on love..love always wins.

RosieHeart, Marley, Unk p and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@maria-d-white)
Noble Member Registered
Topic starter  

I had another look at the now infamous yearbook page to focus on the picture of Kavanaugh when he was 17, and I noticed something I hadn't seen before. At the bottom there is this quote: "He that would live in peace and at ease must not speak all he knows, nor JUDGE all he sees." JUDGE is written all in capitals. I realized then that he already was intending to become a judge, and wanted all his friends to know it. I realized this man is astoundingly ambitious, and has lived all his life meaning to climb higher and higher, and has been willing to do whatever it takes to get where he is now.

When I focused on the last month, I had a brief flash of him talking quietly with Mitch McConnell in a nice room, it looked like a hotel. He's drinking a beer, McConnell had a black coffee. I can't tell what they're talking about.

Jeanne Mayell, Unk p, Jeanne Mayell and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@saibh)
Famed Member Registered

Posted by: Maria D White

At the bottom there is this quote: "He that would live in peace and at ease must not speak all he knows, nor JUDGE all he sees." JUDGE is written all in capitals. I realized then that he already was intending to become a judge, and wanted all his friends to know it. I realized this man is astoundingly ambitious, and has lived all his life meaning to climb higher and higher, and has been willing to do whatever it takes to get where he is now.

I get a different feeling about this quote. He's talking directly to Mark Judge: "Keep you mouth shut. The club has our back, and we will go all the way. Snitches get stitches." It feels to me more like he knew even then that his deeds could come back to haunt him, and Mark Judge could be the witness/partner in crime who could be the weak link. Mark Judge refused to talk or take a polygraph about Dr. Ford, and even though he wrote books about his youth and young adult life, maybe it was an attempt to purge the guilt and demons in his own soul.

Marley and Marley reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: