Notifications
Clear all

RV Oct 19 - Washington the day after the midterm elections

(@maria-d-white)
Noble Member Registered
Topic starter  

Lots of people have been trying to predict the midterm election results. Here I'd like to suggest a different approach that could also bring some useful information: try to see what Washington looks like the day after the elections.

The exercise is as follows:

Place: Washington DC, inside and around the Capitol.

Time: November 7, afternoon

Target: Anything you can see and hear, especially people and conversations between people. What is the general mood? Are people focusing around some particular individuals? What are people talking about?

CDeanne, Muriel, Marley and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

I am glad you set up this exercise.  The best way for me to get an answer I can trust is to find my own dates to review and to narrow my target to one person.    So I started with today which is a Saturday and hopped to two Saturdays ahead to  see how I am feeling about the House and Senate races on Saturday October 10.  For the House I feel that family values and humanism have returned to the House.  I see that I am angry about the Senate result and reject it, which would have to mean that the GOP is still in control of the Senate.  I threw cards as well for this exercise and got the lovers for the House which in my deck looks like a family and felt like family values, and for the Senate I got the death card twice.  It felt angry and I was rejecting the result because I knew there was cheating. 

People should still do all they can to get out the vote.  This result might be simply the way the future plays out right now if nothing changes between now and then. When I see this result I want to donate to Senate races-- which would be a change from what I'd been planning.  

CDeanne, RosieHeart, Marley and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@rosieheart)
Famed Member Registered

I almost didn't post this as it is very depressing to me, but here goes.  

Early this  morning, I focused on Trump on November 7, 2018.   I saw him standing in front of a big window with his back towards me.  Sunlight was streaming through the window and for a moment, it seemed Trump was bathed in light.   As I watched he turned, looked at me, and broke into laughter.  He seemed extremely happy and not upset at all.  

Needless to say, this was a very unsettling vision because my immediate thought was that the GOP will somehow keep control of both houses.  

Obviously, I hope and pray that this is just some subconscious bubbling up of my fears, and not what will actually happen.

Regardless, please make sure to vote!   

LalaBella and LalaBella reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mikeb)
Estimable Member Registered

I had difficulty with this exercise. Tried to focus on the Capitol and its environs on Wednesday, November 7, at 4pm. There wasn't much happening there, especially considering the immediate aftermath of this election. Then I realized that Congress wouldn't be in session at that time. There may be some elected officials and staff and such there that day, but not many - they'd likely be in their home districts still.

There were some images and "feelings" captured, though. The Senate was foremost in my RV thoughts. I kept getting big images of Mitch McConnell. Ordinarily, his persona is hard to decipher, and for this exercise I can't determine if he's upset or not . He's got his "mask" on and he's a tough nut to crack. However, his big ol' Mitch face kept appearing on my "RV screen".  Senator John Cornyn, R-Texas, also appeared. He's the Republican Senate Majority Whip. I sensed a real steely determination in him, a sort of "we must do this" attitude, like Cortez ordering his boats be burned on the beach. There's no going back now.

I tried to focus in on The House. Paul Ryan's melancholic visage appeared. I think he is glad that he is on his way out. A very brief glimpse of Nancy Pelosi flitted past. Overall, though, I couldn't get much from The House.

For the pervading mood of the moment, it felt weird. The physical environment seemed gloomy, and this seemed to affect people. I sensed much uncertainty, even disarray. It was hard to figure if this was experienced more by one side than the other. However, and this was disturbing to a degree, there was a definite image of a mocking jack-o-lantern. It didn't feel happy, more like a taunting face that is reveling in its position.

Sheesh. Don't mean to be a Johnny Raincloud, but it all didn't seem good at all. I couldn't zoom in on how Democrats felt. And I can't say for certain that the Republicans were pleased, either. It seems like a mess. That's all I could come up with...

Jeanne Mayell, RosieHeart, Jeanne Mayell and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@bright-opal)
Noble Member Contributor

OK, this is the first time I try this exercise.  I've never been to Washington, so I wasn't sure how to proceed.  And then I thought what better place to RV than FOX News!

Looking at Tucker Carlson and Sean Hannity, it was very difficult to determine the feeling in the room.  But then I determined they weren't happy, they weren't sad.  I took it to mean the House was won and the Senate was lost to the Dems.  I then had a peak at "Fox and Friends" the tall guy with grey hair looked very happy the other two anchors weren't smiling

Just as I was ending the exercise I heard loud and clear: McCain wins another one or wins again, something like that.  I think everything will have to do with turn out.  People will have to vote to win if the Dems are to win either or both the House and the Senate.

Jeanne Mayell, CDeanne, RosieHeart and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@demeter)
Trusted Member Registered

I tried honing in on senators I'm familiar with. So...

Democrats

Elizabeth Warren: there's mixed feelings, gloominess and hope

Kamala Harris: I see her happy and waving on a stage but then angry and giving a passionate speech

Corey Booker: I see him laughing with some people

Kirsten Gillibrand: she's in a fighting spirit at this moment

Republicans

Lindsey Graham: I see him flying off the handle

Ted Cruz: He seems somewhat deflated

Marco Rubio: in a celebratory mood

Chuck Grassley: very serious

My general feeling for some time has been that the midterms would not go well for the Democrats (or perhaps I don't want to get my hopes up after waking up at 4am Central European Time to see that Trump had won two years ago. I shudder at the memory!), so I'm kind of surprised at how mixed my readings are. I'm not sure what to make of it.

I also decided to read myself on 7 November like Jeanne did and I see that I am pleasantly surprised. But as I said, my expectations are low.

LalaBella, Jeanne Mayell, CDeanne and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@cdeanne)
Noble Member Registered

I first looked at the area in/around the Capitol and just saw a black mass or blob.  I strained to discern any defining details, but it remained a stubborn black mass/blob--then I understood it was actually a huddled group of men wearing black suits, with no individual figure or voice coming forward.  I turned my focus away from this group.

I intuitively sought out Obama.   Obama was looking down, taking in a few measured breaths, and slightly shaking his head. Then he looked up and softly said, "I'm not going to lie, I was worried.  (Now) we have a lot of work to do."  

Although I'd asked for the afternoon of the 7th, I got the sense that what I saw took place a bit of time later--but it was all definitely in response to the final midterm election results.

Thanks, Maria, for suggesting this exercise!  What I was able to see was reassuring.

Bee and Bee reacted
ReplyQuote
(@maria-d-white)
Noble Member Registered
Topic starter  

This is what I got: There is a general mood of confusion. It's like the results of the election are complicated for everyone. There are groups of staffers talking to each other and frowning like they're trying to find solutions to a complicated puzzle.

I get a strong feeling that Republicans are gloomier, though. I hear one snippet: "Too many scandals in too many places, that's what happened."

There are also pockets of excitement. Young people, especially women, seem upbeat and happy. Hispanics are also happy.

I sense some people that are getting talked about. Donald Trump, of course. Disapprovingly, both by Democrats and Republicans. Beto O'Rourke. I get the sense he didn't win, but was a lot closer to winning than anybody expected. And Devin Nunes. He still has a seat, but had a good scare.

CDeanne and CDeanne reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tag22)
Prominent Member Registered

That kinda fits in with what I got too, Maria.  I just saw young people which I believe were aides rushing around in the hallways.  They were dashing in and out of offices and grabbing files.  I couldn't tell who they worked for or if it was the House or Senate. It seemed like they were frantic about these papers.

I pulled some cards from several different decks.  I got two cards that said change, and then drew Paravati from the Ascended Masters which means positive change.  I also drew the Elephant card from the Animal Tarot that means Justice. That made me laugh. Maybe that has to do with charges from Mueller after the election.  

I also dreamed I was driving down a street at night.  Several houses on the right were on fire.  Burning Down the House by Talking Heads was on the radio.

I have heard several people talking about a paradigm shift coming in Nov.  I don't know much about this, but it is supposed to bring enough change that things will be new and unfamiliar to us.  Maybe that is why we are having trouble reading this.  I think it is good change though, however it happens.

Marley, CDeanne, Marley and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator

I wonder, with all the confusion, could we be talking about a tied senate?  That in itself wold be confusing.  It rarely happens.  I also wonder if some offices just will not be able to be decided that night as in recount. Papers would likely need to be filed in a recount.  If that is the case, perhaps we need to look further do the line. Gore/Bush wasn't decided until December.

Marley, RosieHeart, TaG22 and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@fran)
Noble Member Registered

Latest election dream:

I saw a map. For senate, Arizona and Nevada went blue.  North Dakota was lost to red. Dem’s retained everywhere else. No other shifts.

I saw Gillum winning.

House was really close but stayed red. By two votes. Everyone was talking about government being paralyzed.

ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator

Wow!   Well, I like the Arizona result.  

ReplyQuote
(@maria-d-white)
Noble Member Registered
Topic starter  

We have the results of the elections now, so we can tell how good the viewings were.

The House went Democratic, the Senate is still Republican and has a couple more Republican seats (exact number still not known, but probably three). So those that saw Republicans keeping both houses were just seeing their projected fears.

Those that sensed messiness or confusion may have picked that the result is likely to cause a gridlock in Congress for the foreseeable future, and many congresspeople and aides are now wondering whether there is a way out of it.

I don't know the specific politicians mentioned have reacted, it would be good to know if their reactions fit what people saw here. I was curious about Beto O'Rourke vs Ted Cruz, and it has fit what we have here: Ted Cruz won but it was close, so it makes sense that Cruz must be a bit deflated.

The predictions on specific states were correct, though the prediction for Arizona senate going Democratic is unlikely according to those that follow the vote counts, but hasn't been called yet.

Women have every reason to be happy since there are more in Congress than ever. I haven't seen information about Hispanics in Congress. Does anybody know about that?

Overall, pretty good viewings, except for those that allowed their fears to get on the way.

mariad and mariad reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Maria thanks for doing this exercise.  We can learn so much from tracking our attempts  at prediction. No one likes being wrong but that’a the best way to learn. 

Last night I posted in the World Prediction page the most obvious  hits from our timeline meditations we did on Read  the Future nights.  

Later today I will go through this RV exercise to add any hits.   If anyone made a prediction in any other part of the forum rather than from the Read the Future timeline events, send me an email and I will add it to the hits.  

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

In NY 14th district the youngest congresswoman was elected to the Senate. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/1912048002

This a great time for all women. 

mariad and mariad reacted
ReplyQuote
(@camlin)
Eminent Member Registered

This makes sense to me. When I threw cards for post-midterm Trump, his internal state came up as the two of cups. This is a positive card to me, about joy, love and partnership. He really thinks that he is going to triumph. His behaviour today reflects it - open obstruction of justice. The cards for influences, hopes and fears and outcome told a very different story (the Chariot, the Hierophant and Justice) - it’s going to catch up with him. 

ReplyQuote
Share: