Notifications
Clear all

RANDOM PREDICTIONS 3 (Put Actual Predictions in blue font)

(@unk-p)
Illustrious Member Registered

@journeywithme2 to change the color of your text, highlight the section you want colored.  Then look just at the top of the window that you are typing in, for the symbol A and press the little down arrow that is next to it. It will pull up all of the colors available. Click the one you want. Then click your text. The section you highlighted before should now become the color you chose. Have fun!

ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/house-speaker-vote-10-20-23/index.html

A hit for me. Jim Jordan is out.. he will not be Speaker of the House. A private meeting ousted him from trying to get a fourth vote. 3 strikes Coach is out. GQP will reconvene Monday to nominate a new candidate... which I feel will be McHenry.

Lovendures, PamP, 2ndfdl and 4 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)

@jeanne-mayell  oops! I kinda combined it there with predicting McHenry as the next Speaker. My apologies.. I'll know for next time.

PamP, Baba, Lauren and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator

Good hit @Journeywithme2!

FEBbby23, PamP, Lauren and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jampa)
Reputable Member Registered

I meditated on Putin’s current intentions and near future course. I saw a dove flying through the air with a leafy twig in its beak. 

The dove immediately makes me think of peace and the flood story in Genesis, where a bird brought back a twig to show the flood was over.  

I’m not going to interpret it beyond that, because my interpretations have a much worse track record than the raw visions.

deetoo, Lovendures, PamP and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@journeywithme2 It was a great hit. You seemed to absolutely KNOW he would not be approved.

FEBbby23, PamP, Vesta and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)

@jeanne-mayell  I did... just a strong gut reaction .. " Nope, not gonna happen" in spite of what those crazy eights were trying to shove down everyone's throats.

When I feel it in my gut like that ... I do " know it"

FEBbby23, PamP, Baba and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ghandigirl)

I asked who would be speaker and got "Hakeem". Might be wishful thinking though.

2ndfdl, deetoo, PamP and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@jampa Your vision of a dove flying through the air with a leafy twig in its branch, is a reference to the Great Flood allegory depicted in the Bible, the one that Noah had to build an ark for.  The arc floated for 40 days and nights looking for land and finally someone spotted a dove with a leafy twig in its mouth, a sign that land was near. The Great Flood story originated two millennia BCE in Babylon in the Middle East. 

The dove always represents peace, and, when it is flying with an olive branch in its mouth, it represents the end of flood crisis, when we go from flooded and groundless to being on solid ground again.

So what could Putin's intentions be? This man is a psychopathic terrorist, who evidence suggests (also here), blew up hundreds of his own people in a false flag attack, just so that he could become their savior and gain popularity.

So perhaps he's got a plan that will make him the savior of the Middle East crisis. It fits @deetoo's dream that the rats who came in through the cellar turned into bear cubs.

So many people are onto him, though, so I feel he is still going to fade out of power.

Kateinpdx, FEBbby23, 2ndfdl and 6 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)

@ghandigirl  I actually thought Hakeem would be too .... but the urgent need to get the House functioning made me feel McHenry gets it for now... with Hakeem to get it next year.

FEBbby23, deetoo, PamP and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator

I have no idea if this is important, but on the off chance it is, I am throwing this out there.

While I was waking up this morning I heard the word "Bethesda" followed by the words "Naval Academy".  Sometimes things I see or hear right before waking up have meaning or can be predictive of something and it seems is possible in this case. 

First off, I know the Naval Academy is not in the city of Bethesda, Maryland.  

But the Navy is in Bethesda, Maryland.  Naval Support Activity Bethesda is in charge of Walter Reed Hospital in Bethesda, Maryland. The currently Walter Reed was formerly called Bethesda Naval Hospital.

There is also the Holy Land site of the Bethesda Pool which I believe is located in Jerusalem.

Right before I heard "Bethesda", Trump was momentarily in my dream. ( This is a rarity as I seldom have to deal with him in my dreaming life thank goodness). He was referring to a town near where I live, but calling that town the wrong name. He was only in my dream for a moment.  I have no idea if he is connected to any of what I heard when waking up. Of course he has connections to both the Navy and Walter Reed from his time as president but...

We shall see.

I do believe Bethesda might be important and the U.S. Navy might be as well.I emphasize might  because I really don't know.  

And this just popped into my head while writing.  Did you know it has in-patient psych care? I have often wondered if a certain former President might end up there at some point...

But I digress.

Kateinpdx, FEBbby23, Astarte and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@marigold)
Noble Member Registered

@lovendures yes, Walter Reed has an acute inpatient psychiatric unit as well as an adult neuropsychiatric unit and an adult partial hospitalization program as well as a lot of other psych services. Sounds like everything except long term adult inpatient psychiatric care.

https://walterreed.tricare.mil/Health-Services/Mental-Health

FEBbby23, Lauren, JourneyWithMe2 and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unk-p)

@lovendures it's a huge place, surely they have a rubber room in there somewhere

Maggieci, FEBbby23, Astarte and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 KMac
(@kathleen)
Noble Member Contributor

@unk-p Haha! Psychiatric hospitals treat patients that are expected to improve by developing meaningful insight and behavioral change. T-rump will not and cannot improve because he is an entrenched, lifelong sociopath. Wherever he's "detained" in the future, he'll still be sending out missives to his minions explaining how he's been wronged and grifting from them. None of it will go to his lawyers.

FEBbby23, Astarte, Lauren and 4 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@cindy)
Illustrious Member Registered Participant

@unk-p, I think they'll need plenty of rubber pants to go with it.  👶 Just sayin'

FEBbby23, Astarte, Unk p and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ghandigirl)

So disappointed that an insurrectionist election denier and anti LGBTQ hater has been elected speaker.

It's a dark day for Democracy.

I only hope this hastens the end of this dark period for our Country.

Kateinpdx, Lauren, Lawrence and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@freya)
Famed Member Registered

@ghandigirl   As I'm sure you're aware, after the 2020 election, 147 GOP House Representatives voted to overthrow the legitimate election of Joe Biden.

Seven out of the nine Representatives who contended behind closed doors to become the GOP's Speaker Nominee were amongst those 147 insurrectionist Representatives. It was almost certain that a MAGAt would become Speaker.  

The danger is that Mike Johnson appears less crazed...  he is even more dangerous because of that...  He was a quiet, behind the scenes participant and author of the "rationale" for the actions of the House GOP Representatives to deny Biden's election.

He is also uber conservative... he will probably allow the Federal Gov to be shut down... encourage the impeachment of President Biden without grounds... encourage universal abortion ban and potentially a universal ban on contraception (yes it is also on their agenda). Perhaps he will even try to curtail Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid...  Most of what uber conservatives want to do will probably not pass through the Senate (fingers crossed) and Biden will not sign the legislation... I doubt they have the votes to overthrow his veto, but I could be wrong.

He is a constitutional lawyer... who will probably try to do a clever "work around" to ignore the Electoral College vote when Biden wins in the next election.

Speculation perhaps, but based on the behavior of the House GOP Reps so far... and the reality that Trump supports him.  Of course, Trump's increasingly virulent behavior in and outside of Federal and state courtrooms... might start chipping away at his popular support.  One can hope... and encourage sane humans to vote.

seaturtle26, Lauren, raincloud and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tgraf66)

@freya 

Posted by: @freya

He is a constitutional lawyer... who will probably try to do a clever "work around" to ignore the Electoral College vote when Biden wins in the next election.

No doubt he would/will, if he is still Speaker at the time. The official certification of the electoral vote  happens on Jan 6, However, Congress is seated and gaveled into session on Jan 3, and a new speaker is chosen by the incoming majority at that time. It's a foregone conclusion that if the Ds can retake the House, Hakeem Jeffries will be the Speaker when that certification occurs. This is why we must take back the House, even if it's only with the slimmest of margins.

Kateinpdx, Jeanne Mayell, JourneyWithMe2 and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 TomA
(@toma)
Reputable Member Registered

One of the first statements from Constitutional scholar Mike Johnson that I heard was his offering ‘thoughts and prayers’ to the people of Maine after its mass shootings, because that apparently was far more relevant than addressing issues with the 2nd Amendment and the gun violence plaguing the country. Along with his various other well known abjectly mean-spirited stances typical of MAGA conservatives, the Republicans continue to wage their battle plan of placing the most inept, offensive, and childish members in positions of leadership. The negative karma that Republicans continually project does not bode well for that party of dysfunction in the coming 12 months. 

BlueBelle, Vesta, JourneyWithMe2 and 6 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@turtle26)
Noble Member Registered

I shudder and "feel" disgusted when I look at new speaker. Something is not right about this man. I just feel as though there is much more that will be uncovered aside from his political/religious views. 

Astarte, FEBbby23, Tara Prete and 6 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 50 / 57
Share: