Notifications
Clear all

RANDOM PREDICTIONS 3 (Put Actual Predictions in blue font)

(@dannyboy)
Illustrious Member Registered

@tgraf66 I will add that TFGs base will only vote for TFG right now.  They don’t like DeSantis because of his feud with their babymangod (tm) and if they go the Nikki Haley route - well - these people won’t vote for a woman. Nor will Vivek get their vote because his skin isn’t “whiter than a ginger raised in a cave.” (As my grandma used to say)

what that leaves is the kind of establishment figure like Chris Christie who will appeal to the non base but still won’t get TFGs base of sycophantic devotees. Hell - they wouldn’t even vote for MTG.

while it’s no reason for Democrats to get complacent - I don’t see a path forward for the GOP in this election.  They’ve made a mess of the House, the moderates who swung Biden in 2020 won’t swing back to Trump, and his base won’t vote for anyone but him.  If we have to run a man in his early 80s for President (I love Biden for his empathy and think he’s the right man for this moment but sweet muppety Zeus can we make it so you cease to be eligible to be president when you’re eligible to collect full social security benefits please!?) this is the election to run him.

Unk p, Maggieci, Iridium and 8 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 KMac
(@kathleen)
Noble Member Contributor

@dannyboy All Biden has to do to win is not die

Unk p, Maggieci, Iridium and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jd1960)
Reputable Member Registered

@tgraf66 Listen to his show a lot, hope he reaches a lot of people with this...

Lauren reacted
ReplyQuote
 gbs
(@gbs)
Famed Member Registered

I keep getting a sense that young women are going to be the decisive votes in the 2024 elections. I see pictures of them—particularly college-age women—communicating about the candidates via chat groups and holding voting parties. They are organized and focused, and run rings around more traditional turnout efforts. 

Jewels, LivingFree2, 2ndfdl and 8 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 KMac
(@kathleen)
Noble Member Contributor

@dannyboy It occurred to me that Nikki Haley may have a shot for candidacy if Trump secures the nomination and has chosen her as his running mate and he is forced to vacate his spot in mid-2024. The GOP could then put forth the VP choice of nominated candidate, or they can do something else. Otherwise, I agree with you, no way will the MAGA folks vote for a woman. 

But, I disagree that full social security age (currently 67) should be the cutoff for running for President. Plenty of vigorous, healthy and, most of all, experienced future candidates in that age group. President Biden is an outlier at 80, but he has an incredibly skilled staff and VP that provide expert consultation and guide all of his decision making. I'm not worried about him at all, even if he should die in office.

Barbara, 2ndfdl, Lauren and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dannyboy)

@kathleen I once actually kind of liked her as a possible nom for the Presidency - but that was before she joined the Trump administration and showed her true colors.  (I'll also lament that in 2016 I was a big Tulsi Gabbard fan at first and dear lord did that one turn out dreadful!)

I am very cognizant of the age piece and I never want to set anyone off with a comment like that so hopefully you (and others) didn't take it harshly.  I've been grappling with the fairness issue of this for months.  I don't care how much people love her:  Dianne Feinstein should not have run for reelection. Period. That was a safe D seat, and now we have people literally feeding her the same bits of information over and over because her health has taken such a toll on her physically she.  I wish him well and good health even though I can't stand him, but McConnell keeps rebooting when asked questions.  And I definitely recognize that rule would knock Biden out of the running.

My main point with this is we are not put on this earth to toil away and work for others until we die and regardless of party affiliation, the very elderly people in important roles in places like the Senate and House are making policies that affect people over 80 years younger than them.  Everyone deserves an opportunity to have time with grandkids, pursue interests outside of work, and enjoy life while they're here.  And there are plenty of ways people who want to remain involved in politics can remain in politics, or shuffle into another passion that's aligned but not directly crafting legislation that affects the rest of us.

I don't know what the true solution here is.  But I am so tired of seeing elderly white people 40-50 years my senior talking about policies I'll have to live with long after they're gone.  Of the hundreds of things that exhaust me about life in 2023, I'm done reading about the fragility and decline of the two senators I've called out in this post specifically. 

Tara Prete, Lauren, Unk p and 6 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@livingfree)

@dannyboy, I think I understand your frustration.  "I am so tired of seeing elderly white people 40-50 years my senior talking about policies I'll have to live with long after they're gone." 

It is maddening to have people in leadership making decisions that will impact your life for the foreseeable future, who appear to have no comprehension of what your reality, gifts, and challenges are. I am curious to know your age and what age you would deem too old.  Is it 65?  67? 70? 

I am a vibrant, healthy 64-year-old with lots of young friends.  I work 3/4 time at a job I love and have a full, rich life. Don't you know any vibrant, connected, sharp 'old' people? There are lots of us - many in this forum.

I'm experiencing ageism for the first time, and it's weird! It's as painful to be judged for my age as I imagine it must be to be judged for anything else.  Perhaps we need to have age limits, but it has to be a lot older than 67.  Maybe 80?  I don't know, what do you think - and why?  

I have absolutely no intention of retiring for at least another 10 years, and maybe longer if I'm still vibrant. It's taken me this long, with all of my lived experiences and education (lots) to apply what I know in a way that serves others.  

Perhaps the issue is less about age than power - and the refusal to let it go. When people have such huge egos that their identity is all about power and gluttonous wealth, they become incapable of empathy and true representation.  Why don't the obviously frail, struggling elders (Dianne Feinstein, Mitch McConnell) retire and pass the baton? Great question!  I'd say 'greed,' but it may be something else. I'm also not crazy about 80-year-old Joe running and would love for him to pass the baton, but if he doesn't I'll vote for him - and Kamala. I think there are some dynamic young dem's who could replace him, but maybe we need his empathy and compassion more than anything else right now.  

Age is a factor, but not the only one.  I'd prefer to see term limits than a mandatory retirement age.  

I always enjoy reading your comments and respect your perspective. I welcome diversity and personally think we need a little of everything and all perspectives, simply willing to listen to each other in all places of leadership. I'm curious why you think having people younger than 67 lead our country would be better. 

KMac, Saga, 2ndfdl and 8 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dannyboy)

@livingfree

Thank you for asking for the clarification.  I will do my best not to offend.  I intend to retire in 9 years when I’m eligible to collect my pension.  I’ll be 53 and I plan on staying as active and involved as you are for as long as I’m able - I just plan to do good works after sleeping past 5:45 and not at the mercy of a boss or organization.  I will do it because I will have earned it after 30 years in education serving students and schools, and because my own dad worked until 3 months before the cancer got him at 73.  Everyone deserves a third act that allows us to be who we always wanted to be but couldn’t when we had to sacrifice pursuit of those passions to work to pay the bills

I am speaking from the very real frustration that we’ve gotten to a point where things are slowing to a crawl because people who wouldn’t recognize that their time has both come and gone still hold on when others who have the stamina, health, and ability to do the job wait patiently for their time to move on.  The specific age comment was flippant of me and I apologize.  More on that in a minute.  But we have two very real examples of why we need to talk about the age of our public servants demonstrating the need to have this conversation right now.

Diane Feinstein had a great legacy behind her - but her health issues this past year have caused a rapid deterioration from all the reports I’m reading which has essentially put her in the senate very much confused about what’s happening and what’s being voted on at any given time.  Her absence has hindered the approval of judges which we desperately need to circumvent some of the disastrous judicial appointments from the Republican Party.  She was 88 when seeking re-election to a 6 year term in the senate.  This is how she’s going to be remembered - not as a pioneer and progressive icon but as a frail old woman in a wheelchair, who could have passed the baton to a younger person in her party who might have actually been able to further her legacy but instead chose to  hold on when she shouldn’t have.

I’m not even going to attempt to say anything nice about Mitch McConnell and his legacy. But the same argument holds true here. His seat could’ve very easily gone to a younger Republican from Kentucky who would have at the very least brought new ideas to the table. Maybe someone who’s not quite the obstructionist. Someone who can put country over party.  I’d still like to think those republicans still exist somewhere.

I know plenty of people in their third act who are out there doing amazing things for the world. I do not, however, understand how we as a society can continue to elect people who aren’t able to even serve in the office they are elected to.  It’s a wasted opportunity to continue to build a bench for the future. Term limits is not the solution to this problem because we have some of the strictest term limits in the country here in Michigan and those laws have resulted in one of the dumbest legislatures in the country.  In Michigan we’ve learned directly that it’s great for creating more lobbyists and fantastic for ensuring no one in power ever understands anything older than the people serving their second and final term.  As for an age cut off that would be for a group of people way smarter than me to decide.  Biden is a very different 83 year old than the turtle and the woman currently being “Weekend at Bernie’s”‘Ed by her staff and colleagues.  I’m not excited about his age either but his passing the baton doesn’t guarantee a democratic win which we need in that role.  Feinstein and McConnells seats were safe for their respective parties.

I feel and accept the ageist comment and apologize for leading you down that road with my remarks. I promise I’m not that guy.  I often shoot from the hip when I’m comfortable somewhere and I’m very comfortable here.  I’m ready and excited for four more years of Biden but we have to start having some conversations about the age and abilities of the people in charge.  In 2023 it’s Feinstein and McConnell that are the poster children for this problem. Who knows? In 2043 it might be Klobuchar and Cruz (dear lord don’t keep electing Cruz) that are in these seats.  

Again - thank you for asking for the clarification. I hope this helped and didn’t make me seem like a larger ass.

Tara Prete, 2ndfdl, Baba and 6 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@livingfree)

@dannyboy, You are definitely not an ass! LOL.

It's great seeing you express yourself so freely and clearly. There is sure no need to ever apologize for that! If you wanted to be a weak, demure, 'sweet' female, you'd have to change political parties. 😉 

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my questions.  I understand what you're saying so much more clearly now - and I agree with everything you've said.  

Thanks for being a teacher! You most certainly deserve to re-tire ASAP. 

I'm happy to learn from your experience about term limits in Michigan because I've wondered about how that might play out.  Thanks to Michigan for taking the hit, and letting the rest of us learn alongside you.

I don't know how this age thing will play out, but my intuition is still telling me that all of this is leading to something good - better than we've known ... if we can just hang in there. 

Maybe your third chapter will be in politics? 

Baba, Vesta, Unk p and 4 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dannyboy)

Posted by: @livingfree

Maybe your third chapter will be in politics? 

🤣🤣🤣 you’re a great comedian 

LivingFree2, Saga, Vesta and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 KMac
(@kathleen)
Noble Member Contributor

Just a few days ago and right out of the blue, I got a vision of one of Trump's cases (Georgia?) becoming a sudden sinkhole, entirely wiping out Trump's and his minions' ability to defend their actions. Happening sooner rather than later, like this year.

Not sure what this means, but the feeling remains.

lenor, Jewels, LivingFree2 and 12 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unk-p)

Posted by: @dannyboy

His seat could’ve very easily gone to a younger Republican from Kentucky who would have at the very least brought new ideas to the table. Maybe someone who’s not quite the obstructionist.

I think i see the problem here.

Posted by: @livingfree

It's great seeing you express yourself so freely and clearly. There is sure no need to ever apologize for that! If you wanted to be a weak, demure, 'sweet' female, you'd have to change political parties.

That's not all he would have to change 🧐 hehheh

But you know, Grace Jones recently did a concert where she hula-hooped thru the whole thing. Topless. At 75 years old.

LivingFree2, Lauren, Saga and 4 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

Posted by: @tybin

Putin’s Chef has Been assassinated. Who predicted that?

@Tybin, I had missed this comment you made until just now.  We make it a policy of not predicting deaths.  So if someone had predicted that assassination, and I think many of us thought Prigozhin would be assasinated, we would not have posted it. In fact I think millions of people thought the man would be assassinated because few survive disloyalty to Putin, especially such a public humiliation and attempted coups.

Jewels, LivingFree2, Lauren and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 KMac
(@kathleen)
Noble Member Contributor

@livingfree I see and like your style! A soft response and request for clarification.

LivingFree2, lenor and Lauren reacted
ReplyQuote
 KMac
(@kathleen)
Noble Member Contributor

@gbs I agree! If you want something said, ask a man. If you want something said and done, ask a woman.

LivingFree2, Freya, lenor and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@livingfree)

@Unk p.

"That's not all he would have to change 🧐 hehheh"

"But you know, Grace Jones recently did a concert where she hula-hooped thru the whole thing. Topless. At 75 years old."

I found myself literally LOL at your post. 🤣 I realize my mistake in thinking Danny BOY was a woman. 😬 @Dannyboy, my apologies!

At some point I will participate in a remote viewing session with all of you so you'll become more than just names on a page.  😀 

Lauren and DannyBoy reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dannyboy)

@livingfree I have long hair and while I continue the weight loss journey for the liver donation - a fine set of man boobs.  You’re not the first to have gone down that road.  But you are the most recent 🤣

lenor, 2ndfdl, Lauren and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@livingfree)

LOL!  I'm delighted to make your acquaintance. I'll be sending you loving energy for just the right liver to find its way to you. 🙏

lenor, Lauren, Seeker4 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@livingfree Actually, @dannyboy is donating a part of his liver to a family member.  Apparently the host liver can grow back and the recipient, whose liver is deterioating, which is why he needs a new one, can recieve Dannyboy's partial liver and it will grow, according to medical science, into a new whole liver. So two livers are created from one.

lenor, Jewels, 2ndfdl and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@livingfree)

WOW!  @dannyboy, I will direct loving energy to both you and the recipient.  Thank you @Jeanne Mayell for the clarification.  

Jeanne Mayell, lenor, Lauren and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 43 / 57
Share: