Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] If you see a hit (prediction made on this site that has come true) please post here

(@herondreams)
Famed Member Registered

@kateinpdx

Thanks for your sweet & thoughtful post. I wasn't offended at all, especially because there is such lovingkindness in this forum that my default here is to assume positive intent. So please know I didn't think you were one of the judgy types. ❤️  In fact, I only shared my thoughts on this because I felt safe enough to do so. In my area there are some vegans who make public death threats against veterinarians and this one person who offers classes in home butchery for people who want to raise their own meat and process it as humanely as possible at home. It has been bad enough that some vegan friends have felt the need to be explicit that they are non-judgmental to set themselves apart from that. I don't enter into many public conversations on diet for this reason, and honestly, I have great respect for anyone who follows their conscience and is deeply mindful of health and ethical factors in choosing food that is right for them, even when that looks different from what's right for me. 

Kateinpdx, lenor, TriciaCT and 13 people reacted
(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator

*Editing this post to add I read @herondreams and @Kateinpdx posts AFTER I wrote this one below. We are on similar trains of thought it would seem.

A word of caution.

I truly support those who wish to move to a vegan or vegetarian diet.  Depending upon what produce and grains are grown and how they are farmed.  Eating tofu might be a good option , but most soy beans are GMO products.  So are a great deal of the vegetables that are conventionally grown  They are not healthy for the environment, and usually not good for you either.

When I buy meats, I try very hard to buy from companies and farms that raise their animals humanly.  I try to buy grass fed meat products, even source my dairy from grass fed cows as often as possible.  I don't eat meat every day or at every meal.  I am aware of the dirty dozen list of chemically laden produce vs. produce which tends to have little pesticide residue. I  try to keep up to date on which produce items tend to be GMO's, this is constantly changing. 

My word of caution comes from the fact that not all Vegan or Vegetarian diets are healthy for all people.

My mom  nearly died last year from embracing a mostly vegetarian  lifestyle for many months.  Her iron count fell dramatically , even with supplementation.  There are many reasons this ended up occurring including having a rare and unknown  health issue at the time, which was discovered by her brilliant doctor through DNA testing.    She actually needs to eat red meat often now,  chooses grass fed whenever possible and is much more healthy than a year ago.  She is 82.

In general I would say, know what foods cause you allergies and intolerances and avoid them.  Be aware of how foods make you feel.  make thoughtful food choices taking into account how the food is grown, how the growing process effects the environment and people growing it, and learn how any animals that may be in your diet are are cared for throughout their lifespan.  Bio-dynamically grown food is even better for you and the earth than organically grown, if  you can find it.  

If this seems overwhelming or too expensive, take small steps.  Be mindful of  choices you are making.  Educate yourself.  Stay informed and know your sources.  

Enjoy the art of cooking while feeling your body healthy  (for you and the environment) foods. 

(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@lovendures Thank you for pointing this out. Back in the 1980's I wrote a feature story for EastWest Journal on vitamin B-12 deficiencies  in the vegan community.  There is no available B-12 in plant based food.  I had noticed what seemed to be an unusual number of children in the macrobiotic community in Boston who were sick and frail. There also were a few still births that seemed unusual to me compared to others I had known outside of that community.  This observation was just anecdotal, not scientific, but it led to my researching b-12 for vegans. I came up with the same point you made, that for some people, especially growing children, they may not get the nutrients they need from an all plant diet. The solution is humanely raised food sources.  We do the best we can for the animals. I also remain committed to identifying and using cruelty-free products. 

LalaBella, lenor, TriciaCT and 15 people reacted
(@grace)
Noble Member Registered

Prediction: At one point I see a huge airplane up close. I can’t figure out what it means, but I think I’m seeing an airline crisis. Perhaps it is some airline bankruptcy. – Jeanne Mayell, predicted 3/31/20

Possible Hit: Airlines Say Massive Job Cuts Are Inevitable After Bailout Money Dries Up, https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/10/business/airline-job-cuts/index.html

lenor, TriciaCT, deetoo and 11 people reacted
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@grace Thanks for seeing this Grace.  I haven't updated all the hits on the Prediction Page but when I do, I will go through the posts here.  Big help!

lenor, TriciaCT, Laynara and 5 people reacted
(@grace)
Noble Member Registered

@jeanne-mayell

Thank you for pointing this out, Jeanne, and thank you to everyone else who has shared their views and knowledge on eating and diet. B12 is super important. This is why so many foods, like tofu, rice milk, cereals, and nutritional yeast (among others) are fortified with B12. Much like dairy milk and orange juice are fortified with Vitamin D.

I feel nutritional knowledge has advanced by leaps and bounds since the 1980s, which is why B12 is regularly incorporated into a number of vegan staples. I doubt I could have been a successful vegan back then, though many were.

B12 is produced by bacteria, and fortified foods have a form of B12 that supposedly is easier for our bodies to absorb. 

Unk p, lenor, TriciaCT and 9 people reacted
(@bluebelle)

@saibh

@baba and I both had seen daffodils during the Read the Future exercise.  I’m sure this is it.  The article about the woman bringing daffodils to place on the bodies of the deceased COVID patients just moved me to tears.  A new meaning for daffodils indeed.  What a lovely, compassionate gesture.

(@triciact)
Illustrious Member Registered

Wasn't there a prediction on this site about animals invading neighborhoods or something like that?

This was interesting! Goats invaded a neighborhood in San Jose California!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBOuMqG0UuA

Laynara, Lovendures, Laynara and 1 people reacted
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

Thank you, @TriciaCT for finding these hits!

Some hits from 11/11/19:

Ice cream company goes bust. Beginning of economic problems. (Paula) I see an image of Steve Bannon in all his unkempt slovenliness. He is smirking. (Mike B)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7BWkAzDZ1k

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/ny-brooklyn-ice-cream-ample-hills-bankruptcy-20200318-tn5a55qffjdgbhm2ywd73zv3jm-story.html

U.S. - People/Other (even though this is for 2021)

JC Penny in the news (Kathryn L.) (JCPENNY is filing bankruptcy)

I kept hearing "We are the World" song. Over and over again. I put it in as a hit for early 2020, but I kept hearing it and seeing Lionel Ritchie. On Sunday, 5/17, American Idol crowned the winner: "Just Sam" - she made a video with Lionel Richie that will be going global for her Introductory song/a remake with Lionel. They featured the voices of the other contestants and some of the previous winners. They superimposed their faces on the Empty streets of NY, LA, SFO, etc. all over our country and the world - showing the quiet due to Coronavirus. - TriciaCT (predicted on 11/11/19 for early 2020)

FEBbby23, lenor, Grace and 7 people reacted
(@bluebelle)

• Unusual flu virus on East Coast. (Linda) Predicted June 6, 2019.  For Feb. 2020
  • Economy indicators down. (Kathy G.)Predicted June 6, 2019. For March, 2020
  • We will learn about corruption in the Justice Department at the highest level. (Jeanne Mayell) Predicted 11.11.19.  For March, 202) 
  • Some countries try to loosen social distancing. It is too early and starts a new wave of illness. (Baba)
  • People in the US feel the weight and consequences of lack of government action to protect them. (Baba)
  • In Germany, there is stoic resolve to get through the pandemic even if it means staying home a bit longer. (Baba)
  • The pandemic now starts to reach the far corners of the earth. (Baba)

3/31  predictions.

Lawrence, Jeanne Mayell, Rohenna and 17 people reacted
(@polarberry)

May-blood drives. People asked to donate blood. (Kathy G)

I saw a commercial for blood donation a couple days ago, and I think Red Cross is running commercials nationwide asking people for help as donations have fallen off due to COVID.

Jeanne Mayell, Lawrence, Rohenna and 11 people reacted
(@triciact)

This has yet to really be a complete hit, but looks like one "in the making"

Under the "How the Dems can Win" forum thread I posted this on May 1, 2020 about Tara Reade's claims against Joe Biden:

TriciaCT to @jeanne-mayell

I said the same exact thing to my husband early this week - so I ditto your thoughts on Tara Reade's story. Biden will have this and other things thrown at him by T and his minions, and some will run with this false story for a bit. She is definitely being coached and, in my opinion paid/and or intimidated to do so. I will even go so far as to say keep an eye on this story, at some point in the future I intuitively sense there may even be reporting on some money or evidence that will show that her story is false and she may face being in legal trouble.

So the fish looks like it's starting to smell here and may be a future hit.

Jeanne Mayell, BlueBelle, Unk p and 5 people reacted
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  
  • Our society has changed totally, no films or facebook. Just everybody getting down to dealing with climate and food production. (Paula)  Predicted January 22, 2019 for June 2020.  There will be no films for fall season. Yes, getting down to food production and climate. 

PracticalNihilist, Baba, Rohenna and 13 people reacted
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

The 2020's will see the rise of the family farm. (Jeanne Mayell) Predicted 2013 for the 2020's.  I just want something local:Local farmers have seen explosive growth, as people rush to farm stands and invest in community-supported agriculture, or CSA, programs https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/05/23/metro/i-just-want-something-local/

In a time line meditation I did while on silent retreat in 2013, I meditated on the future and got this vision of a healthy, thriving community farm.  I saw this vision continuing throughout the century.

Claire, Rohenna, Lawrence and 17 people reacted
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  
  • People are sheltering in place as looting is common and there is pandemonium in cities. (Sydney)Predicted June 6,2019.

Made eight months before Covid hit the U.S., Sydney saw what is happening.  People are sheltering in place, looting is common due to stores being shuttered and high unemployment, and the cities are the hardest hit.  Also cyber theft is up 600% right now. 

This prediction was for December 2020, and it may still be true in December, but because it was made back in June 2019, before Covid existed, it is likely to be about any time during 2020. 

Rohenna, Lawrence, Unk p and 7 people reacted
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  
  • The the virus moves in tsnunami waves, as it peaks in various places around the country. (Jeanne Mayell)  Predicted March 31, 2020.  There is news today about how the virus is now on the upswing in rural communities around the country. 
  • My head still hurts,  people are still sheltering in place in May and the virus moves around the country like a wave.  (Jeanne Mayell) Predicted March 31, 2020.
  • There will be 1 million cases in the US. But there also will be vast underreporting due to lack of tests.  All the people who didn't go to the hospital will not be tested. (Jeanne Mayell) Predicted March 31, 2020.
  • We are still in the pandemic in some parts of the U.S.  I see gurneys and my head still hurts. This amount of cases and suffering could have been prevented. (Jeanne Mayell)
  • A lot of deaths specially in nursing home. Noone is going to want to use nursing homes after this.  Good riddance to a vulture industry. (Jeanne Mayell)

Claire, FEBbby23, Rohenna and 11 people reacted
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

More predictions made March 31st that are coming true:

• Nature recovers because people stay home. Mankind finally gets a direct and tangible idea of how much damage they have caused to the Earth. The nature that comes into view for mankind shows them beauty and how changes need to be made for a better world. (Baba)
  • I see compassion increasing overall among humanity and hearts opening with more acceptance. (Doris)
  • I feel more connection between people and being more open minded from seeing what others are going through in the world during this pandemic. Humanity is feeling the same things – fear, shock, heartbreak, and we’re going through the same experience as others around the world. There is more love as a result for all of humanity and everything else that lives on the planet. (Doris)
  • I see broken hearts creating something new; more acceptance, more love. (Doris)
  • Heroes, there are so many heroes and not just medical personnel in the hospitals.  There are many stories about ordinary people helping during the pandemic and about some unusual help regarding medical equipment.  (Bluebelle)
  • The US will be shocked by the number of deaths in NY and other epicenters of coronavirus outbreak. Florida will be in big trouble due to wide community spread and the because of the older demographic in the state. Florida will be extremely hard hit.  (Bluebelle)

Claire, FEBbby23, LalaBella and 11 people reacted
(@enkasongwriter)
Famed Member Participant

I see the following from the 11/11/19 predictions.

• A dam that is full of water must be released. (Siobhan) June 2020
  • Something breaks wide open, either it’s a huge dam or a huge ground swell of public opinion, but it pours through the West. (Andrew Posey)Predicted 10.9.19 July 2020
  • Dams collapsing. People needing to relocate. (Karen R.) June 2021
  • I see a major dam collapsing. (Bin) 2022

News that a dam in Michigan collapsed.

https://www.accuweather.com/en/severe-weather/aerial-photos-capture-extent-of-michigans-disastrous-dam-failures/742939

Claire, FEBbby23, Grace and 11 people reacted
(@lovendures)

I haven't seen these mentioned yet.  Hopefully I am not repeating anything recorded as a hit.  All are for 2020, no month listed.

• Issues with mass migration, disease and plague. (Alisa) Predicted 4/29/18 .
  • Soup lines, food scarcity, people helping in their community. Feels a bit like the depression but we are making do and and learning resilience. (Alisa F) Predicted 4/29/18 
  • Supreme Court is dark. [I think this means that either it is evil or just not working or both.] (Jeanne Mayell) ( *Actual The Supreme Court is not open, cases are being done online).
  • Fighter jets across a skyline. (Gracesinger) for 2020 ( Actual,  air fighter jets flights honoring the front line workers took place this month).
  • People resigned to reality, we have to live with it, it’s bad but that is the way it is. (Doris) Predicted in October 2017.
  • 2020 feels like a return of depressed energy. Red alert warning signal, flashing and beeping, feels especially for first 3-4 months if the year. The feeling that something just cannot continue. (Meghan)
  • I see Trump holding an empty bag. The bottom of the bag has fallen out. (Anon) Predicted 8/20/18.
  • Transition begins as we feel the fulcrum shift. The seesaw of change heads downhill as challenges begin. We see changes in our supermarkets as produce aisles are empty and our favorite fruits and vegetables becoming scarce. Prices begin to rise more and more noticeably. Storefronts are empty and vacant everywhere we look. Nothing to buy, nothing to buy it with. (Michele) Predicted 4/29/18.
  • We are still in the middle of a shift.  There are people without and there is a struggle to keep what we have.  There is more acceptance. It is good for some but bad for many others. (Andrew Posey) Predicted in January 2018.
  • Moving through the stages of grief it can’t be happening. (Natalie) Predicted in July 2017.
  •  

Claire, Unk p, Grace and 17 people reacted
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@lovendures Wow, thank you for going so far back through the predictions.  Natalie's and Andrew's prediction from 2017and 2018 were so perfect, as were they all.  Makes me want to get going with another Read the Future Night as soon as I can.

• Moving through the stages of grief it can’t be happening. (Natalie) Predicted in July 2017.
  • We are still in the middle of a shift.  There are people without and there is a struggle to keep what we have.  There is more acceptance. It is good for some but bad for many others. (Andrew Posey) Predicted in January 2018.

FEBbby23, Kateinpdx, Grace and 9 people reacted
Page 48 / 92
Share: