Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Jamal Khashoggi

(@mas1581)
Illustrious Member Registered
Topic starter  

So now the Saudis are saying Khashoggi died during a fist fight with people sent to convice him to go back to Saudi Arabia. They claim to have no idea where his body is as well. So much for insisting he left the building, and even if you believe the fistfight story, how do they not know where his body is? Your move Trump

RosieHeart, Jeanne Mayell, RosieHeart and 1 people reacted
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

BlueBelle and BlueBelle reacted
(@gracie)
Eminent Member Registered

I thought the same thing as MAS1581.  I don't understand why he would deliberately walk into a dangerous situation.  It reminds me of what happened to Raoul Wallenberg.  After WW2 was over he went to meet with the Soviet officials, knowing there was a 50/50 chance he wouldn't return (and he didn't).  Why would he go, knowing that?  I just don't understand Jamal's and Raoul's reasoning.  

(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

The headline stories in the Washington Post today show that they know we are on the brink of fascism.  They don’t say the word, no one in mainstream media says the word.  They wrote more of depravity.

But silencing the press with violence is fascism. And that is what this president wants to do.  

First they included a brave story by the murder victim Khashoggi.  Then a story about how conservatives were engaging in a smear campaign of Khashoggi   Then this story:     https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/opinions/wp/2018/10/19/just-when-you-think-trump-and-his-apologists-couldnt-get-worse/?utm_term=.6c8d363bc888&wpisrc=nl_most&wpmm=1

And this: https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2018/10/19/we-knew-trump-doesnt-condemn-congressman-assaulting-reporter-now-he-celebrates-it/?utm_term=.c5d7b0adc219&wpisrc=nl_most&wpmm=1

BlueBelle, RosieHeart, SDJ and 3 people reacted
(@michele-b)

Journalists know that they are doing what they were meant to do and the holy grail for them is finding the biggest story of their life and always being known for it.

Jamal Khashoggi went into the embassy for one reason and found his holy grail  instead, the biggest story if his life.

BlueBelle, RosieHeart, Jeanne Mayell and 3 people reacted
(@mas1581)
Topic starter  

Im thinking he had an idea what would happen, but he was Muslim and they strongly believe that martyrdom is the ultimate grace and rewarded in heaven. Im getting the feeling that he was in the same mindset as a suicide bomber-although he was chasing a different goal. He was aware enough to realize that if he was murdered, it would expose MBS and hopefully save his homeland of Saudi Arabia. His faith states that if you die for a valiant Ismamic cause, you are rewarded and he obviously felt that keeping the Islamic world from suffering at the hands of another MBS type was a worthy cause.

(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Walking into the Saudi embassy to get papers to marry the woman he loved felt to me like he just thought he'd be safe in that situation.  I have read him since it happened, and I always get the same reading:  he figured the embassy was safe.  

And that's not a crazy thought on his part because he would know that killing him in the embassy would guarantee that the Saudis would be blamed.  They could have more easily knocked him off with impunity on some dark street late at night in Istanbul.  Also embassies can be bugged by the host country.  It's no secret that the U.S. bugs the Russian embassy.  

villager and villager reacted
(@numerologist)
Noble Member Registered

As a numerologist, I am so very concerned about what trump plans to do to journalists and the media, especially next year. 2019 is a Universal Year of 3 - and the 3 represents WORDS, and, as we all know, the words of truth are very important. Of course trump doesn't want the truth to be exposed, especially about his past and current deeds, so I fear he is setting up a policy to imprison and detain journalists who speak the truth. (he has already alluded to this) He is a very dangerous man, and the fact that he idolized other dictators makes me very concerned about his plans for the future of the USA, especially in regards to the press, the media and journalists. Hopefully Mueller's report will stop his plans before 2019 - I am hoping and praying Mueller comes to our rescue, but if not, be prepared to have our voices/words censored...

VestraLux, RosieHeart, Jeanne Mayell and 3 people reacted
 SDJ
(@sdj)
Reputable Member Registered

A US Resident is owed protection by our nation. Trump traded a man's life, one our own, for money. 

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018/10/saudi-arabia-wires-us-dollar100-million-as-trump-proclaims-mbs-innocent

I wrote this on the Predictions page. I should have come here. I'll just paste it here:

I honestly think that more people are shocked by Trump’s eagerness to trade a human life, a US Person, for monetary gain than they are by the confirmation of Kavanaugh. No one is safe if all lives are purely transactional. We now all understand that our country will not protect us, no matter who we are, if someone gets a little money in exchange.

Speaking of a sick feeling in the pit of your stomach, every night for a week, I’ve dreamt that Trump has ordered the murder of a person or group of people. It’s a new person every night and it’s usually some dictatorship who does the killing. Last night, he murdered Sec. Clinton. Trump did his deniablity routine. Last night, he had the Russians do it: “Russia, if you’re listening, I want you to take out Hillary.” Or something a lot like that.

Memories from the campaign, “Putin has people killed…”
“What? Like we’re so innocent?” -Trump

In the dream, I was military, so I saw it happen. Our government gave some icy brick of a man jets and other military goods to do it. He settled on a small fighter jet for the job, and took off from one of our freeways. Reports came out that Sec. Clinton was in some kind of accident, Trump said it had nothing to do with him, and I somehow ended up back in France in a public shower on a mountain top, ugly crying in my drenched uniform. I'm still crying now that I'm awake. 

There are other details, and I know this sounds like the 2016 election, but these dreams of Trump murdering people have been going on every night for a week.

“It’s not a citizen” Trump said of Jamal Khashoggi, a US Resident and reporter for the Washington Post.

It.  The journalist, the man, to whom we held a duty to warn about the Saudi plan to murder him. Did we just kill our first journalist and then quibble about his immigration status? At least we’re complicit. And it wasn’t even for some kind of principle or ideal. The only value he had was money. Jamal Khashoggi is tortured and dismembered, and Trump gets money.

And now the whisper campaigns. It’s so revolting. A man who shared our values and who was owed protection by our nation is being called a terrorist. You know who were actually terrorists? The Saudis who planned and executed the 9/11 attacks on our country. My heart is broken. I am disgusted. I have nightmares every night.

BlueBelle and BlueBelle reacted
(@mas1581)
Topic starter  

SDJ

I cant find the article, but WaPo published one online today stating some people are thinking Khashoggi's death was a hit by Trump. 

Just found it...... https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/oct/20/joaquin-castro-suggests-khoshoggi-trump-hit-list/

SDJ
(@sdj)

I haven't read the article yet, but the URL says that it isn't WaPo. I don't trust it. I'll see if I can find the story you mentioned in the NYT or WaPo. Thanks. I do know that Jared Kushner told Trump to not worry about it, that the outrage would die down. Equally monstrous. 

(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

SDJ, thank you for your post. Your dreams capture the  disgust and nausea I feel as well as a knowing in my heart about the level of darkness in Trump and company and what they are capable of if they can get away with it.  I don’t think they have murdered anyone yet but they have tried to destroy journalists’ lives. 

Reading Trump on this incident, I get that he is less shocked about the atrocity than he is annoyed about the public relations mess it created  for him and Kushner.  He would do a cleaner job and he would find a better way to manage Khushaggi.  Murder would be a last resort.   I doubt Trump knew the hit was coming  but he awaits the  day when he can neutralize his adversaries with impunity. 

I would not be surprised if our leading journalists were becoming  afraid.  It is true that Saudi Arabia murdering a dissident is very different from America doing it.  And our government has supported murderer dictators before.  But we have never had a president as twisted and dark as this one.  

BlueBelle, Unk p, BlueBelle and 1 people reacted
(@maria-d-white)
Noble Member Registered

I suppose I shouldn't be too shocked, but I'm still shocked that Trump claims to believe the Saudis, and what's worse, that other Republicans are willing to stand with Trump on this. I mean, do they really believe people are that dumb? Khashoggi died in a fight, but they somehow lost track of the body? Why didn't they call an ambulance, if it was true he died in a fight? Anybody who was more-or-less normal would call an ambulance, even if they suspected/noticed the man was already dead, because, well, what else would you do? Why would anybody get rid of a body if it wasn't obvious he didn't die in an accident? Do they really expect people to believe the Saudi story?

But then, the US has no ambassador in Saudi Arabia or in Turkey, so it's hardly surprising that the White House doesn't have the slightest clue on how to handle this situation. That's one important reason to have ambassadors: it's their job to help figure out what to do in complicated diplomatic situations. What the US is saying now, effectively, amounts to: all the people in the Middle East who love Star Wars because they see the US as the Empire and their own people on the side of Luke Skywalker, well, they're precisely correct.

What's frightening here is that Saudi Arabia is in a very fragile position. It's a desert that only has oil and the Muslim holy sites, they have to import almost all their food, and they have a despotic royal family that lives in luxury while most everybody else just about manages to get by. It's a disaster waiting to happen. And as soon as it looks like the royal family are losing their grip, everybody is going to run and try to get hold of the valuables: the oil fields and the holy sites. Iran have been positioning themselves for this. This is going to get ugly. Not immediately, because this is a slow thing, but in three months things could be looking a lot shakier.

Marley, BlueBelle, RosieHeart and 3 people reacted
 SDJ
(@sdj)

Khashoggi did not martyr himself. That idea needs to end right here. 

villager, Marley, Jeanne Mayell and 7 people reacted
(@vestralux)

I posted in another thread that for several days I'd been hearing "Erik Prince" and getting a foreboding feeling. I now believe it ties to this incident.

As everyone here likely already knows, Prince is the founder of Blackwater, now known as Academi, a global mercenary corporation. He's implicated in several behind-the-scenes transactions in service to Trump in the run-up to his election, including a meeting which took place in the Seychelles, allegedly to open up a backchannel between Trump and Putin. Mueller is investigating this.

Prince was hired to raise and train an army for the UAE.

He was also hired to raise and train an army in Saudi Arabia directly for the crown prince, Mohammed bin SalmanThis army is reported to be an elite force of high-level fighters who report directly to the crown prince. 

In addition, Erik Prince is contracted directly to the Chinese. He is training a fighting force in that country right now. 

These are mercenaries. Their allegiance is not to any nation or ideal; it is solely to the highest bidder. Eric Prince is an extreme-right conservative, a misogynist and an outspoken homophobe, and his forces are trained in torture and execution techniques

(Author Sean McFate is a former mercenary who opposes Prince and writes openly about these techniques.)

Erik Prince has been working very hard to convince Donald Trump to award his firm a private contract to take over all remaining U.S. military efforts in Afghanistan and Iraq. He may eventually succeed, especially given Trump's financial enmeshment with the Saudi's and everything these groups know about him. If Prince does succeed, there's nothing to suggest he will have any real loyalty to America. He has a residence in the UAE, and is already working for the Saudis and the Chinese. He's also done plenty of business with the Russians. 

Erik Prince is the diametrical opposite of everything Jamal Khashoggi stood for and believed in. Since the Arab Spring, much has changed, and much has reverted in stagnation. I'm asking that we all take a moment to send as much light and love, in the spirit of coherence, to that part of the world, which needs it so desperately. Doing so will allow those energies to reverberate—and this is important, because we clearly need them too. 

ETA: all claims made in this post are easily searchable and have been reported by multiple journalists/outlets. If anyone would like a link, just ask. It's late, and I'm tired. I've been in this rabbit hole a little too long. xo

villager, Baba, Marley and 5 people reacted
(@vestralux)

Sorry, one more thing. My supposition is this:

The UAE and Saudi Arabia have been waging a horrific war on Yemen. America has been quietly supporting that war since Obama was in office. Russia and Saudi Arabia have formed a collaborative bond, and Russia is assisting Assad in his campaign to crush dissidents in Syria.

Nearby are Iraq, Israel, the territories inhabited by Palestinians. Not far away are Iran (to the East) and Egypt (to the West). 

What this region possesses is oil, though it's also an energetic and tangible power center connecting into humanity's origins. It holds many sacred sites and relics and is the central reserve of ancient knowledge. What this region contends with are guerrilla forces, incursions, rebel armies—asymmetrical warfare.

Erik Prince may be an important key. All over the world, he's raising armies; their only master is the dollar and they fight as dirty as the mujahideen. War is unbelievably profitable for warlords, arms dealers (Lockheed, Raytheon, etc.), and countless corporations (the parent companies of Beretta, Colt, Glock, Boeing, etc.). War proliferates war, especially when it is waged by private corporations. Their mission is to make money for their stockholders, so by definition, they can never be on the side of peace. 

As the head of Blackwater, Prince was reportedly contracted by the CIA in a secret program to assassinate terrorist targets [links to 2010 Vanity Fair article]. If a government that believes the press should be suppressed wanted a journalist killed, it's not a stretch to assume that Blackwater forces could easily do this work (obviously they could) or that they would. Again, highest bidder. 

The question isn't ethics or loyalty; it's a matter of reach: Could this happen on American soil?  

Marley, Jeanne Mayell, BlueBelle and 3 people reacted
(@mas1581)
Topic starter  

At this point, I doubt it can, at least publically. That said, if this craziness isnt taken down soon, we are headed in that direction and in 5-6 more years, if Trump has a 2nd term with a red house/senate, it would not surprise me at all. 

(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Thank you, Vestralux, for your clear and thorough background on Erik Prince. The man concerns me more than any other in the Trump camp.

I had written him up two years ago on the  World Predictions Page as someone to watch out for.  Little  surfaced in the news after I posted except the Seychelles story and also some stories that Prince met with  Trump right before he took office, which gave me the shivers. At the time I thought him capable of running a henchman operation for Trump, planning some false flag events in the U.S. or shutting down some protests or leftist journalists.   But nothing happened that we know of. 

He is around however and the man is frightening. Democracy Now has covered him if anyone wants to take a closer look here is one clip that shows how he behaved when the House intelligence committee was questioning him: https://www.democracynow.org/2018/3/14/congresswoman_confirms_erik_prince_tied_to

I have also felt that Kushner was dangerous too but in a different way.   I don't use the word "dangerous" lightly.

I don't believe these guys will prevail but they need to be watched and people need to call them out. 

numerologist, BlueBelle, VestraLux and 3 people reacted
(@vestralux)

Right, MAS. I meant covertly.

Despite his ongoing contradictions and outright falsehoods, I believe Trump telegraphs his true desires and actual intentions all the time, largely without knowing it. When his words were that he could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and not lose any voters, he was ostensibly employing the over-confident, confrontational speaking style which has become his brand. But I sense he was unconsciously telegraphing what may be a true thing, just not in the direct sense. Trump Tower is on 5th Avenue. For decades, he (and his father before him) associated with men tied to criminal organizations in New York, Atlantic City, and beyond. Not for nothing, many of the properties inside Trump Tower (and elsewhere) were purchased by Russians and are being investigated for money laundering. An entire floor was bought by a Saudi.  

Given just some of his known associations and dealings, and in light of his total amorality and greed, what orders might Trump have given or been party to? What does he know about or condone? What is he willing to allow, and what might he directly encourage (beyond the beating of protesters at his own rallies)? He knows exactly what he's gotten away with, and he was saying so. 

Consider the past six months alone and the faces of immigrant parents and children being torn apart at the border. Here's a man who's gotten away with quite a bit more than shooting someone and not losing votes. One need not worry about legitimately losing what one is planning to illegitimately steal. 

To me, he has a fairly fragmented personality, which is why he so often and boldly projects his own fears/desires/intentions onto others with absolutely zero self-awareness that he's doing so—or that it's obvious to others that he is. He hasn't developed the capacity to reflect on his own thinking. Without that capacity, one cannot feel into the consequences of their actions.

And I believe that's the deeper message he brings to the world: Self-examine. Think about the nature of all of our thoughts. Feel into the consequences.

Jeanne, this Democracy Now clip of Representative Schakowsky's describing her experience with Prince is seriously disturbing—and exactly what we'd expect.

If he holds an archetype, I'd say it's the sadistic Inquisitor, the cruel warrior priest. He manages to be an unscrupulous zealot, a vicious fanatic, and far more frightening, one willing to arm the entire world out of some long-term plan to either dominate or destroy it.

Weird. I was just attempting to describe him by pointing out a character from the 9th century (Bishop Heahmund), but something told me to check out the movie Assassin's Creed. It's about a man sent back into a past life during the Spanish Inquisition (with the use of technology) to awaken the genetic memory locked in his DNA. He's a member of a secret order of fighters committed to protecting humanity's free will from the greed and power-obsessed Templar Order. 

Essentially, Michael Fassbender fights a bunch off sadistic warrior priests to the death to save the future of humanity.

SDJ and SDJ reacted
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

I'm closing this thread and reopening a post-Khashoggi topic in the U.S. predictions.  If you have something you already posted here and want to include it in the new topic, please feel free to do so.   

Page 2 / 2
Share: