Notifications
Clear all

If you need support, understanding, and love, let us know here.

(@michele-b)
Illustrious Member Registered

@febbby23

Hahaha. Perfect comment and so much more succinct and to my point then I was in what...3 replies? ?

JourneyWithMe2, FEBbby23, Laynara and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@journeywithme2,

I was deeply moved by your post.  I am so sorry for your sadness and loss.  Although the friendship ended, your words are a beautiful and thoughtful tribute to the road you traveled together. 

Take good care of yourself as you move through your grief.   I'm sending you a big hug and lots of love.  ?

Stargazer, JourneyWithMe2, Stargazer and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)

@deetoo

Thank you...  I am grateful and thankful for the love and support I find here.

deetoo and deetoo reacted
ReplyQuote
(@frank)
Famed Member Registered

Hi @ghandigirl.  You may want to take a look at this post I made a while back.  I feel it could be helpful as a complementary practice here.  (The post was specifically targeted towards insomnia but can be applied whenever you are feeling "spaced out") ❤️ 

ReplyQuote
(@suspira44)
Famed Member Registered

@anita the meds put me to sleep. I guess I've had it for so long I've learned to live with it. I actually think at this point my lack of motivation is due to depression.

JourneyWithMe2, deetoo, JourneyWithMe2 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@suspira44)
Famed Member Registered

@journeywithme2 I feel your pain, it's awful to lose a friend.  Unfortunately as we go through life, not everyone you call "friend" lasts through your whole life. When they don't, it's devastating. I'm not as nice as you are - I've dropped a few people.

It's odd that this comes up now. A friend of mine had a best friend who dumped her over a money thing. I read that the woman's husband died - actually two years ago. Of course, my dumped friend didn't know that. And we talked about this very thing. It's very sad.

ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)

@suspira44  Thank you...it is very sad.... and I understand where she is coming from...she is a very traditional Catholic Latina married to a red neck in the rural South. Her first marriage was to a military man.. and yes.. as she told me.. she has traveled the world and sees more what is going on that I do..my having never traveled much at all and never outside of the US. She had become very very judgemental of me a few years ago. I decided today that tho I will always treasure our time together when our hearts spoke to each other rather than our minds I will no longer allow toxicity to belittle me and treat me as less than I am. That part of my life? the people pleasing part? is over. The part that tolerates abuse? is over. Still tho.. I grieve for the friendship we once had.. and also know.. that once Home on the Other Side? Things will have a totally different perspective than they do know. Therefore... I cried it out in the shower .. rinsed it down the drain and followed with a vinegar rinse to let it all go... knowing that I can not align myself with those drink tRump's Kool-aid any longer.

Stargazer, Suspira44, Unk p and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@stargazer)

@journeywithme2

This experience is one that I have had to deal with many times as well, and as painful as it is to let go of people that you love, it is happening for a reason, journey-- ....

When our perspectives align it's because Spirit is moving us along the path to a greater awareness and destiny, and the same for those whose sight does not align with our own ... they are being made aware of the contrast.

So essentially Spirit doesn't like a void, and others will come into your life that will resonate with your vibrational level and bring you happiness, and you to them...

Feel good in that you have blessed your friend with the letting go of the negativity... and can stand in your strength with the knowing .....

Peace ?

ghandigirl, Unk p, JourneyWithMe2 and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

{{{{ @journeywithme2  }}}}}

Sorry for your double loss, as it sounds like you lost your friend before they passed.

ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)

@stargazer  Thank you.. that really resonates.

Stargazer and Stargazer reacted
ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)

@laura-f   oh.. she hasn't passed... she is very much alive.

ReplyQuote
 Amyv
(@amyv)
Prominent Member Registered

Is anyone else really struggling to be stable right now, with Shitler's brown shirts coming into our cities? Just read that they have publically said that they do not have to and will not adhere to the guidelines and rules of the police force in any locality that they enter? 

ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)

@journeywithme2

Oh I totally misunderstood, sorry, and still sorry. I'm losing a lot of friends lately, especially ones on social media. Most of them are not MAGAts, but when I try to guide them with love towards the new path forward to fix our broken system and world, they get VERY defensive and angry. All fear based, I'm sure, so I try and if I fail I just back away (including from my own brother-see my vent from the other night on the If You Need... thread).

JourneyWithMe2, Stargazer, JourneyWithMe2 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ghandigirl)

@journeywithme2

I am sorry to hear about your friend. I have someone that I am no longer friends with, but it was not due to politics. There were other reasons. We were friends for decades since we were little girls. I ended the relationship as kindly as I could. It hurt less to end it then to try to stay in something that didn't work anymore, and didn't allow me to grow. I feel you ended things as kindly as you could too. Sometimes that is all we can do. And continue to love people from afar. I agree with Stargazer. Other people and things come in and do fill the void. 

Some relationships are not meant to continue into the future. I hope it will hurt less moving forward.

ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator

I just wanted to thank everyone who has been keeping my family in your thoughts, prayers and mediations.  We arrived home safely today, 3 in 1 car plus our fluffy dog ( who by the way was totally awesome and a great companion).  It is good to be home.  I miss my oldest greatly, but know she is living in a great apartment, a nice city and is chasing a dream which I applaud her for going after.  Texas has brought out the welcome mat and she is getting introduced to Hannah, thankfully at some social distance from where Hannah is currently causing havoc.  

She will be  teaching online for at least 3 weeks at the beginning of the school year, maybe more, and that is a big positive for right now.  

I also took a peak at her new school which is in the final stages of being newly built.  

OMG!  What a school!!  It is absolutely incredible, from the outside.  Can't wait to see it one day from the inside.  

Moving her to Texas, helping her get settled and helping her find the key things she NEEDS to have has been quite the challenge in a pandemic world.  I would love to stay in my little home cave for a few weeks now that I am back and not do anything.  If I don't see another store or use a public restroom for months it is fine by me.  Really.  

In case you are keeping count, we have moved 2 daughters into 2 different apartments this pandemic summer.  While the last one was the most tricky, they each had their challenges.  I have truly had to face some big fears over the past few weeks too and am I am counting my many blessings.  They are abundant.

With gratitude,

Lovendures

JourneyWithMe2, Anita, LalaBella and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ghandigirl)

@amyv

I am very much struggling. The news is a 24/7 nightmare and it is terrifying. I have to be very protective of myself and try to stay in the moment. I am near Philly and I am very fearful for my friends who live in underprivileged neighborhoods. Portland is the guinea pig. Any major city could be next. 

The Moms who formed a wall and the Dads who came with leaf blowers to blow away the tear gas inspire me. I have to try and focus on those types of things to get through. 

JourneyWithMe2, Anita, Michele and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)

@lovendures

You have all been in my heart, my thoughts, and my prayers every single day. 

So glad to hear you are safely home and your wonderful, glowing report of her potential new home and opportunity for all she has been wishing and dreaming of.

Nothing better a parent can want for a fresh start. May the force be with her!

And hurrah for you mom for being the best mom she could have asked for to listen to her heart inspite of your own worries and safely get a caravan of all of you there and minus one safety back again. 

Bestest of best luck to your girls!

JourneyWithMe2, deetoo, Lovendures and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)

@ghandigirl

"The Moms who formed a wall and the Dads who came with leaf blowers to blow away the tear gas inspire me. I have to try and focus on those types of things to get through."

We are all with you on this one! Hang on to that as well! 

JourneyWithMe2, deetoo, Jeanne Mayell and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)

@ghandigirl

Not just leaf blowers. Also hockey sticks - they shoot the canisters back towards the soliders.

And tonight a Wall of Vets turned out to help the Wall of Moms. Very inspiring.

JourneyWithMe2, deetoo, Jeanne Mayell and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@anita)
Noble Member Registered

@ghandigirl

No matter what , 45 keeps going on to ideas that might even be down to his fingernails trying to hold on to the side of a well as he keeps slipping further down.

Living near a Portland, what’s going on here is insane. The protests were dwindling until Benito sent some sort of troops here. He’s building his own army to fight to keep him in office? I hope not, but all things are possible with a madman.

The plan to have local Sinclair networks put out a theory that Fauci Created the. Corona virus is so trump. He is accusing Fauci of doing what’s the  he’s doing, creating a “virus” so he can be the hero. Good luck with that. But his numbers stay at 40%. A horrible commentary on our registered voters.

Anita

Unk p, ghandigirl, Unk p and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 85 / 106
Share: