Notifications
Clear all

If you need support, understanding, and love, let us know here.

(@journeywithme2)
Illustrious Member Registered

@deetoo

Thank you for asking.

He went for his recheck today (I just heard from him) and he was cleared for a return to work Thursday...he is an auto-mechanic and considered a necessary service. Thursday will be the end of the two weeks of mandatory quarantine...which he is glad about.. as he still needs to rest up from the battle his body has just fought and won...his stamina is still a bit low right now.

His partner has remained well after her "cold" she had 3 days prior to him getting so sick. She works for a pharmacy - which did not order her to self quarantine because "he did not get tested and test positive" which is a very sad situation...because... so many have been sick and not tested in our area.....his drs said he 99.9% had it.... that is why our county has the second highest rate of infection....even though we have a lower population than many counties statewide. The percentage rates are crazy...my son asked for a test was denied...they didn't have any.... they told him maybe later.. but there is still a shortage of tests.. and... results may take as long as 7 days to come back... so that's 7 days behind that people are still out and about and possibly spreading the disease.  This so alarmingly reveals the non-existent true health care we have in this country.

Shaking my head as I write this... this is truly insanity... and Team Orange Foolius and Turtle-Faced Turd.. are NOT helping ...AT ALL. GRRRRRRRRR...  forgive me.... I shall now go practice my calming breathes and meditation.

Baba, Lovendures, FEBbby23 and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@triciact)

@journeywithme2

I will pray for your son and partner...that is so sad to hear the reality of the way it is in our country about getting tested! Sending light for them both. ? ❤️ 

Lovendures, FEBbby23, deetoo and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)

@triciact

Thank you Tricia... I am so thankful he been cleared and is well on the way to recovery . I so appreciate all the prayers and support... helped keep me balanced.

Lovendures, ghandigirl, FEBbby23 and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@elaineg)
Famed Member Registered

@triciact

Hi, not the same thing, but earlier in my life  all my teeth got loose. I treated that by taking massive amounts of Vitamin C. Must have worked. I still have my teeth. (knock on wood).

FEBbby23, JourneyWithMe2, TriciaCT and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@villager)
Noble Member Registered

@elaineg @triciact

TriciaCt, as I was reading your post about your friend yesterday, the word 'scurvy' popped into my mind.

So, ElaineG, funny you should write this. I am not a medical intuitive at all, but having seen your post above, I would like to second it.

FEBbby23, deetoo, JourneyWithMe2 and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@triciact)

@villager and @elaineg

Thank you all for the tips, I asked my friend if she is taking Vit C, she said "You sound like my doctor, he asked me the same thing!" LOL - well she didn't respond if she is or not but hopefully she will take it if she isn't!

JourneyWithMe2, FEBbby23, villager and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ghandigirl)

Hey all. I am on day #10 of Self Isolation and Social Distancing

I have broken my sobriety. Had 4 months under my belt. Need to get back on track.

It is hard to be high risk in this day and age. and to stay sober. But I really know it is my best chance at survival. Had many years of not being able to get & stay sober. Had made amazing progress but I have regressed a great deal in the last few days.

My addiction causes more high risk issues. It's a thin line. Do I go for softening the harsh reality, or do I go for cleaner health and proper (Not stress eating) diet? 

Really feeling detached from myself. Like I am already letting go of Life, just in case. 

My girlfriend chastised me, "You are not Dead! And you are not even sick."

I would really like to try again at Sobriety. Would you all please send a good thought or prayer for me. I don't want to invite illness. And it felt SO GREAT to be sober. So clear and grounded.  now my throat has started hurting...scared. I am going to commit right now and here to start Sobriety. I will try again. It may be more stressful but I'd rather feel clean and quiet, than detached and aloof, with periods of real fear. I am very worried that if I don't survive, my daughter will suffer from this rejection of me. 

Also if anyone can give me any info about my daughter? If you get any messages? I am baffled that during a time when I am vulnerable due to long history of everything....She still is out of contact.

However she did set our messenger conversation back to default settings. So maybe that was a little bit of an interaction...

At any rate , One Day At A Time I will begin again and I'll check in tomorrow. 

JourneyWithMe2, SisterMoon, FEBbby23 and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

@ghandigirl

KEEP WORKIN' IT!

My husband is active in his recovery despite the current situation. In our area gatherings are not allowed, so things have gone to online meetings, mostly on Zoom or Go To Meeting.

Check the website of your local chapter of whichever 12-step program you are affiliated with, most are posting how to get into online meetings. If you don't find info there, reach out to your sponsor, they may have more info. And most area chapters have a hotline - you can always look that up and give a call, those are usually manned 24/7.

He is actually able to attend more meetings in a week than usual, because of all the free time combined with the convenience of at home meetings.

Perfection is not for humans. You fell down, good for you for getting back up. You got this.

JourneyWithMe2, FEBbby23, Shawn and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@frank)
Famed Member Registered

@ghandigirl.  

Your daughter is feeling angry and guilty and the two are feeding into each other in a vicious cycle. She is feeling guilty about not contacting you, which in turn makes her angry because she blames you for the situation. She wants to contact you but is afraid that it will open up old wounds and reinforce old patterns and thus she just becomes more angry and more guilty about the situation.  If you can, I would send her a brief note just telling her you love her and hope she is staying safe.  Keep it simple and focused on your love for her. ❤️ 

JourneyWithMe2, FEBbby23, villager and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@frank)
Famed Member Registered

Hi @triciact

Has your friend been checked for a fungal infection?  Every time I come back to this, that is what keeps popping into my head: Fungal

ReplyQuote
(@ghandigirl)

@frank

I took your advice and wrote to her. I keep trying to connect but it is so painful for me. I don't know when or if she will reach out again.  Stubborn, like us. 

She is definitely angry, that's for sure. 

JourneyWithMe2, deetoo, Laynara and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@triciact)

@frank and @ghandigirl

Posted by: @frank

@ghandigirl.  

Your daughter is feeling angry and guilty and the two are feeding into each other in a vicious cycle. She is feeling guilty about not contacting you, which in turn makes her angry because she blames you for the situation. She wants to contact you but is afraid that it will open up old wounds and reinforce old patterns and thus she just becomes more angry and more guilty about the situation.  If you can, I would send her a brief note just telling her you love her and hope she is staying safe.  Keep it simple and focused on your love for her.

I was mediating on your daughter and was about to type something very similar to what Frank was picking up when I saw his response to you!  I think Frank's advice about keeping it simple and brief and just telling her you love her and hope she is safe is spot on. ? 

JourneyWithMe2, FEBbby23, BlueBelle and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@triciact)

@frank

Hmm I just texted her that question and SHE RESPONDED that she has not been tested for a fungal infection! It's a start!

Thank you for looking at this!

(She is a kind and wonderful person and was once voted Volunteer of the year in our town because she is always helping others before herself, so I would love to be able to help her for sure)  

? 

ReplyQuote
(@bright-opal)
Noble Member Contributor

Hello everyone, I've been avoiding the forum for the past little while as I've been going through a rough time for the past couple of months.  I had to go through a medication change.  They took me off something called Trintellix and added Wellbutrin to my "cocktail"  it went downhill from there.  I went to the hospital to get stabilized and they made more meds changes adding abilify, eliminating the restoril all together (60mg) and replacing it with rivotril.  As a result, I'm in physical pain, and an emotional wreck.  This is tough,  but it's not my first rodeo and I can get through this and be stronger in the end.

I didn't want to add to the hardship everyone has been going through with COVID-19.  The city had the main regional COVID-19 clinic in the same hospital I was in, just one section over.  No worries, I was not exposed in anyways to the virus.  In fact the new cases in Quebec City are very far and few between. Mind you most businesses are closed.  In a province of 8.4 millions, 500,000 people lost their jobs last week.  We are expecting at least another 750,000 layoffs this week. and a lot more in the next couple of weeks to come.  Schools are closed until at least May.  They may write off the whole year.  But on a positive note, there is a state television working on having teaching capsules for grade school students starting next week.  I will also teach English to my 4 nieces, remotely.

I'm skirting the issue here,  Yesterday morning, I witness a suicidal scene.  The person who was suffering from mental health issues threw himself off a bridge after violently attacking a nurse in a mental health facility in town, then ran away.  He got to the bridge beside my apartment which is some ways from the center of the city, and threw himself off the bridge.  As I was leaving the driveway from my apartment I saw the scene.  I was shocked.  I immediately started praying for God and the angels to guide his spirit towards the light.  But I don't think I was successful.  I didn't feel it happening, I felt blocked.  I continued on with my day, probably trying to block the memory of it all.  But today is so difficult.  I wonder if the man didn't attach himself to me somehow.  I just want to cry and I don't now what to do.  I don't think I am  meant to handle these things.  I don't have what is needed for this.

I don't know what to do.  I feel so tired, weak and I feel like crying all the time  which I don't usually do.

Can someone tell me what to do, because I am so lost. so tired.  And angry he choose my little corner of the world to do this.  I know it's selfish, but I can't help how I feel...

JourneyWithMe2, Baba, TriciaCT and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@bright-opal

You are dong the right thing, you are reaching out for help.  That is the most important descion you can make.  Being empathic, the stress regarding  this pandemic and the changes in your medicine will all play a role in how you are processing this vey sad and tragic event.  This is normal and your feelings are totally understandable.  I repeat, your feelings and how you are processing this are completely normal. 

Can you come to the meditation we are holding tomorrow night?  That might be a wonderful gift to give yourself.  We can send you healing energy that way too in addition to sending it now as we read your post.  

Also, continue to communicate with your doctors.  Do you have access to friends or professionals that you can speak with about what has been happening?

You are loved and I am so glad you reached out.

I will be sending prayers and love to you.

JourneyWithMe2, FEBbby23, SisterMoon and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)
Illustrious Member Moderator

Hello, all,

I'd like your help.  The EMTs just left, after I had a bit of a scare.  I think that I had a horrible reaction to something that I ate for dinner.  My heart began to race and my tongue felt slightly thick, so I broke open a liquid Benadryl capsule and took that.  Almost immediately my heart sped up, I felt burning in my chest and had the worst headache of my life.  My husband called 911.  After the medics came and checked me out, they said it was not anaphylactic shock because my blood pressure was very high and my pulse was about 115.  My oxygen level was also at 100%.  They said that based on my description, I also had a hypertensive headache.  They did an EKG, which looked normal to them.  My blood pressure is usually normal or below normal.  

They didn't see any cause for alarm, but said they'd take me to the hospital if I wanted to go.  They also offered to stay with me until my blood pressure returned to normal, and I felt better. The EMT thought the burning in my chest was in my esophagus, perhaps even caused by the Benadryl.  He thought that because I broke open the capsule and took the liquid that way, it could have had almost a caustic effect going down.  I decided to have the EMTs stay with me, and my blood pressure and pulse returned to normal. 

An interesting comment was made by the head EMT -- he believed that I did have a bad reaction to food, but wondered whether the stress everyone is now under put me over the edge.  He's been seeing it a lot lately.  He also said that fewer people want to be taken to the ER.  The hospital they would have taken me to is a big trauma center.

I feel better, but crappy -- headache (now feels like a hangover), still some burning in the chest area, and buzzing (anxious).   I'd appreciate anything you can offer -- insights, healing light, prayers -- and that I have a restful night.

Thank you, everyone.

JourneyWithMe2, FEBbby23, Pikake and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@anita)
Noble Member Registered

@ghandigirl

im having trouble with my diet, but one of my niece’s is an addict. I texted to see how she was doing and she was in an online meeting taking place in Iceland! I was so glad to hear that. She is in gratitude daily and I think we all should be. So don’t beat up yourself, just start over. ?

Anita

FEBbby23, ghandigirl, villager and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@bright-opal)
Noble Member Contributor

@lovendures  Thank you.  I was planning on being there.  As you can imagine, I feel all alone.  Still I am well supported.  This is just the kind of things I an't really be talking to anyone about.  But tomorrow will be very helpful, I agree.

If you know how to get rid of a "stickler" who won't pass over, I could use the knowledge.  But I'm certain he will leave me alone tomorrow after our meditation.  Or maybe I'm the one who won't leave him alone...

Everyone, I know we are all going through a difficult time, we all need help.  I wish I could help you all, I just don't know how anymore.  But it gives me strength to help others.  

@Deetoo , I will keep you in my prayers.  If I can't sleep, I'll pray you are able to, If I do sleep, I'll try to reach you in my dreams so we can find an angelic dove to guide us toward peaceful rest!

Good night!

FEBbby23, deetoo, villager and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@zoron)

I have been feeling a combined wave of sadness, anger and loss.  I don't know what the next best step is and have been tired. If anyone could help, would be appreciated.  I feel like I have somehow landed on another planet with yoga pants, snobbery disguised as generosity, big business, and mediocrity rules...or at least is most common.

I am also feeling grief regarding the needless suffering that could have been averted.

I tell myself I am grateful for what I have, but I just desperately wish everything could be different, more harmonious, and more beautiful.

I have been pressing the Shen Men acupuncture point on my ear when I remember, but it's just been a bit too crazy for too long.  I need things to lift.

To me it just feels very hard to process what is going on and how people are reacting.  I have sent out healing to the world, but I can't seem to hang on to it myself.

FEBbby23, TriciaCT, deetoo and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@villager)
Noble Member Registered

@bright-opal

I am so sorry that you experienced this. It is a truly distressing thing to witness. I don’t think there is a right or wrong way to feel, whether it is being shocked, tired, weak, teary or angry or even numb.

I am wondering if you feel calling a crisis helpline could help? I believe that they can help when you have been impacted. For example here: Crisis Services Canada at phone: 1.833.456.4566 | or Text 45645

I think that there is also no right or wrong way to seek help. You certainly are not burdening me with your post, and in fact you are showing me how to reach out and seek help when I need it - something I have personally struggled with. I am grateful that you reached out here.

I am thinking of you and sending you love. Hugs.

FEBbby23, LalaBella, Coyote and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 55 / 106
Share: