@dannyboy 

Clone him, I want one!

deetoo, Unk p, Jeanne Mayell and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @tonyaw

Curious if anyone can get anything from our pup Sammie.. aka monster. Thanks in advance ♥️

Tonya I am sorry I didn’t see this post before. Is there a photo? I love reading pets using a photo and your pets are beautiful. If you send me the photo I will post it. 

deetoo, Unk p, deetoo and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@avon Amos: loyal, kind, wants to please, an old soul.  Made me feel a little weepy in a good way. 

deetoo, Unk p, Avon and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@avon Oscar’s face is unbelievable. He’s just so damn cute. Those eyes remind me of those Mexican paintings of the children with the huge eyes. 

deetoo, Avon, deetoo and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Avon
(@avon)
Noble Member Registered

@jeanne-mayell thank you for your insight!

Amos does seem to be a bit of an old soul, he loves to stop to sunbathe on walks and looks at me like "why the hurry, stop and smell the roses mom!" Lol, I used to get a little annoyed, but now I just stop with him and watch the clouds or listen to the birds, it IS a peaceful moment, I have to give him credit! 

Love your description of Oscar, I never thought of those Mexican style paintings before, and now I can't stop picturing him in one, ha! I love it!!

Jeanne Mayell, deetoo, FEBbby23 and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unk-p)
Illustrious Member Registered

@avon Amos is incredibly cute.  Guess i'm just a sucker for pets w bushy moustaches and beards. And eyebrows!  Here's a link if anyone missed it: Amos!

Jeanne Mayell, deetoo, Avon and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Avon
(@avon)
Noble Member Registered

@unk-p Shhh I try not to let it go to his head, lol. He does have the scruffiest look though, sometimes he gets "bed beard," he looks up and his fur will be all messy and off to the side. 

I had his DNA done a while back, he's mostly Poodle, Maltese, and Schnauzer, but he has like 10 breeds altogether, so he's quite the scruffy mutt. 

Jeanne Mayell, deetoo, Unk p and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@avon, is Amos an adopted pup?  What a cutie pie!  Gus and Oscar too!  Beautiful kitties.  I agree with @jeanne-mayell about Oscar's eyes.  Those eyes tell quite a story.

How do the three of them get along?

Jeanne Mayell, Unk p, Jeanne Mayell and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Avon
(@avon)
Noble Member Registered

@deetoo thank you, I tell them they're handsome boys every day, I don't like to make them think I have a favorite, lol. But yes, Amos is a rescue, not sure he knows it though, cause I've had him since he was 8 weeks old. His mama was rescued from a kill shelter when she was pregnant and had her babies at her foster home. Here's a picture of Amos' rescue "up for adoption" photo, I couldn't resist that face under the santa hat, and I didn't realize he'd turn into such a scruffy ball. 

Jeanne Mayell, Unk p, deetoo and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Avon
(@avon)
Noble Member Registered

Hope nobody objects to more puppy photos, but here's Amos and his littermate Moosely, we meet up at a local dog park about once a month and they run and run and run and run, they're crazy, but they have fun. 

ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)

@avon, that pup is Amos?  LOL!  That can't possibly be the same dog.  Grown up Amos looks like a mischievous cartoon character.  And that photo with Mooseley, his partner in crime, cracks me up.

I've been going through a rough patch these past few months and have been enjoying all of the photos, intuitive readings, and real-life stories that many of you have shared about your furry companions.  They are gifts from heaven.  Beautiful and very uplifting.  Thank you, everyone.      

anya, Jeanne Mayell, Unk p and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Avon
(@avon)
Noble Member Registered

@deetoo i get the same response from almost anyone I show that too, haha. His hairs slowly grew out over his first year. He has wirey scruffy hair compared to the siblings I've met, they all have softer poodle or maltese like hair. I'm lucky though, he doesn't have to go to a groomer like his siblings. 

ReplyQuote
(@cindy)
Illustrious Member Registered Participant

This is Ricki about a month ago. It's been a year since I rescued her. She's a little more trusting now,  but she still has a long way to go. She was at the vets yesterday for her shots & we'll be doing some follow up testing next week. I won't go into detail yet,  but if anyone picks up anything  on her health, I'd be interested to hear it. 

ReplyQuote
(@ana)

I don't know anything about her physical health, but mentally she is very guarded and finds it hard to trust.

Cindy reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

Cindy,

I am drawn to a few things but they are vague impressions.

First her eyes.  Is she observant?  Or perhaps is there an issue with her eyes?

Second, the position she is sitting in. Is she in pain, protecting her underside?

She doesn't seem at ease, but that might have been only the moment on that day the photo was taken.

Is she a worrier?

Cindy reacted
ReplyQuote
(@cindy)
Illustrious Member Registered Participant

@ana, you are spot on there. I don't know what happened to the poor girl in the 5 months before she was rescued. My best guess is she was tied out in the elements, underfed, abused and neglected. She and her two siblings were not an owner surrender, which means a literal rescue. She still has nightmares a year later where she tries to run as fast as she can in her sleep. 

@lovendures, she doesn't make a sound. No barking, whining, crying, so there's no telling if she's in pain. On rare occasion if she's on my bed she'll play king of the hill with my older gal Lucy, and then Ricki will let out a single woof. Last week she got her paw caught in the metal scroll work frame of the day bed in the spare bedroom. Not a peep let me know she was in trouble. A gut feeling came over me, so I turned on the light, found her stuck half on and off the bed. She didn't make a peep as I worked her leg out, either. She's not observant, has no great sense of smell, and has difficulty walking. In a year I still can't totally housebreak her-she'll poop anywhere without warning. She has no clue how to signal she needs to go out. She played with toys when I first got her, but she was teething. Since then, nothing. She doesn't play with me or Lucy, other than King of the bed. It's taken 10 months of her sleeping on the bed with me to stop flinching when I pet her. She finally enjoys it. I've never seen her wag her tail. But for the last three or four months she comes to the garage door when she hears my car pull in, and she's there waiting for me. 

When I first got her and realized how much rehab it would take to win her over, I went to bed one night and Spirit gave me a message. In my dream, she was curled up under a counter, watching the party going on around her. She wasn't frightened, but was comfortable, content (she's currently terrified of most people). These were people I've seen in my dreams that will be in my future, and I've not met them still. Spirit clearly said, this dog is special. I woke feeling that once I fully gain her trust, it will be a special bond, like what I have with Lucy after finally gaining Lucy's trust. I've wondered in the past few months if maybe it was meant like Dana Carvey's Church Lady, "she's special." Kind of like the southern "bless her heart."

The doc was worried about her gait and increased difficulty walking. She's lost a pound in the last year (she's a year and a half old) instead of gaining any weight while she finished growing-not that she grew much after getting her. We have x-rays scheduled for Monday to see if her back end problem is orthopedic, or neurological. As soon as he said it could be neurological, bells & whistles went off for me. My thoughts and tarot cards said not so good things. 

Then this morning doc called me back and asked if I could bring her by spur of the moment to do more blood work. The blood we took earlier this week gave some surprising results, her electrolytes are off and her sodium levels are off the charts. She hadn't eaten much of anything, much less anything on the list of those that can cause such results (like Play-Doh, Gummi Bears). Doc was perplexed as even if she had neuro issues, we didn't expect these results. He called an internist instead of a neurologist for help since we apparently have more immediate problems than the longer term neurological issues. The internist suggested the odd blood work could be the result of Lyme, and if it has been untreated for so long, it could produce neurological symptoms. As soon as he said that, again I felt like this rang a bell. Neurological issues from the spine like wobbler's syndrome could cause her back end problems, but not the lack of desire to eat. Most other neurological issues cause deterioration and short lifespan after diagnosis. That's why I posted to see what others picked up. You two got her short term issues, but not long term nor dire. This morning's phone call eased my mind, and we just returned from doing other blood panels. If she's got Lyme, she's had it from before my adoption. If she can walk better and feel somewhat better, I'd be so grateful. This morning I finally feel hopeful. 

Lovendures and Unk p reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jd1960)
Reputable Member Registered

Sad to report that Lily passed on a month ago today (Sep 21st). She was fine in the morning, but that afternoon her rear legs went limp, and she was breathing heavy. Brought her to emergency care as quickly as possible, she had blood clots blocking circulation, nothing they could do. Had to make a hard decision... The vet asked us if we wanted some more time, and Lily answered with a sharp meow that sounded more like "NO".  We miss her of course, but at least she's not in pain now. Teddy will sometimes look around for her, wondering why she's not around. Other then that he is doing OK...

Maggieci reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ana)

@jd1960    I'm so sorry to hear about your Lily cat.  I gather she had the same malady that took my cat "Charcoal" a couple years ago.  (Cardiomyopathy leading to blood clot formation in the spine)  He'd been on blood thinner for several years and was fine, but one morning he was howling in pain and couldn't use his back legs. We took him to the vet (there's a top-flight vet teaching/research hospital not 10 min. from our house)... they said they could operate on the clots and possibly restore some function in time, but that meanwhile the cat's going to be terribly uncomfortable, and that most of them just throw another clot within months. 

You did the right thing.  The suddenness is the worst, I think . 

Lily's free of pain and rolling around in a sunny meadow or the like, in another dimension. 

JD1960 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@maggieci)
Noble Member Registered

@cindy When I saw the photo of Ricki I immediately thought she had a "nervous stomach" resulting in incontinence. If she can get treatment for the Lymes it might lessen her neurological issues. Good on the vet who brought that up! Behavior-wise, I always come back to the fact that dogs explore their world using nose and mouth. I wonder if you can take time each day to explore your property with her and dig up dirt, find sticks, sit on the grass and generally awaken her senses. As she learns to love life her stomach will heal.

You are so loving to devote your life to giving Ricki a beautiful chance at life. Blessings

ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

@jd1960 

What a tough decision you had to make.  May she be at peace now and may she be a guiding light for you and your Teddy. I am sorry, I am sure your heart is still very heavy.

JD1960 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 9 / 11
Share: