Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Vulcanic eruption in Italy

Mela
(@mela)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

Hi everyone,

I am a silent reader (and rare poster). However, I had some dreams I wanted to share.

It’s been a while since I had a first dream/vision with a flat landscape covered in grey where many people drag themselves towards the mountains in the north (I posted this already in the other forum). The overall impression was that a catastrophe involving volcanic eruptions had had occurred and people are trying to get out of the area. Embedded to this scenario was a sentence, which I carry within me since I was very young, namely: “The mountains are safe.”

Well, a few weeks ago I had another dream with a volcanic eruption. This time I was in the area I live (which is in the Alps in Austria), having a view from somewhere halfway up a mountain. I looked southwards over the other mountains and a huge river crossing the landscape (this means I was looking to Italy). In the distance I saw a Vulcan spitting fire and dark smoke. There was no sense of immediate danger to me, but nevertheless the scene had the feeling of strong urgency. The thing most important to me was to fly downwards the mountain to pick up my daughter from kindergarten. I picked her up at a river where she was swimming with the other kindergarten kids, put her on my back and flew up again upwards to my home – a task which was very exhausting as I was not used to fly with a heavy load on my back. At home I picked up some stuff and decided to fly to my husband who appeared to be somewhere far away in a very safe area. There the second dream ended.

This night I had a third dream. This time the Vulcan was nearer and almost part of the mountains albeit the huge river crossing the landscape was still there. Again it was spitting fire and smoke. Very striking where the beautiful woods, which looked like they were in the middle of spring. In this dream my husband and I were together on a conference, which was halfway up a mountain, and we recognized the eruption. While we were very concerned, all other people appeared to be uninterested. Again I did not feel an immediate danger but a strong urgency. Again I went downward to pick up my daughter, who was swimming together with the other kindergarten kids in a river. Then the surrounding of the dream changed and I got a glimpse into a house on the other side of the mountains on which burning droplets fell on its roof. The house started to burn. The dream changed another time and I was again at the conference. I decided to leave and to pick up my daughter from kindergarten. I opened my hand bag and it was overflowing with sandwiches and other food. There the third dream ended.

What is weird in both dreams is that the kindergarten is in reality uphill and not downhill. Thus I never could hurry downwards as I did in my dreams. For some reason I feel this fact and the fact that my daughter is both times swimming in the context of the kindergarten is important: Indeed, the kindergarten is going to attend a swimming course around the 16th to 20th of April. The swimming bath is (a) downwards the hill and (b) directly besides a river. In this time of the year the trees usually look like in the third dream. Exactly in this week my husband is approximately 200 km away from us on a traineeship…

To be honest, I am worried and would love to hear your input.

(@zoron)
Illustrious Member Registered

Hi MELA,

Good to see you post. I had been holding back on this one, but after your post, I decided to write it up. For sometime I have been pondering about future volcanic activity, which seems to be increasing, as time goes by. as you can see from my previous posts, I often get  a premonition a few weeks or days before an eruption, often I even get the particular volcano. (re previous Italian eruptions). My concerns are that I have had, for some years, a sense that the level of Vulcan-ism and earthquakes is going to increase substantially,  as time goes by. I don't mean a simple increase. I mean a different kind of increase. Firstly, frequency. There will be more total volcanic and earthquake events. Secondly they will increase in average size, for the regional location, compared with previous events in specific seismically active areas.

( Prediction): Over the next five years, in well known seismic areas such as Los Angeles, there will be an increase in the intensity of quakes, and frequency. This will be mostly in quakes of 5 or 6 Richter or below. There will be like increases in other parts of the World that are prone to quakes. Additionally, there will be quakes in areas that seldom or never get quakes, mostly of low intensity. This will be a significant signal that it is a world wide phenomenon. Also, there will be a similer increase in vulcanism in the next five years. In Europe, there will be an arch of such eruptions, in italy. at least two large and dangerous eruptions will happen. This will happen within five years. However, there is a 30% chance of it happening sooner. These eruptions will be serious. 

In North America, I am predicting, in the same time scale, very serious eruptions, like the last Mount St Helen eruptions, or the possibility of even stronger eruptions. there will be greatly increased Volcanic activity in both Alaska, and the pacific North West. On the EASTERN side of the Rockies, there will be a very large eruption, within five years, on an unprecedented scale. 

OK, thats it. We are in for a rough ride. I have posted, previously, about West Coast quakes. This post is additional to the previous quakes. See previous post. 

Zoron. 

(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

Zoron, I have to say that I find your predictions on seismic activity a comfort! I live in SoCal, and a Richter 5-6 is not too bad. My understanding is that the more of the low-level quakes we get along various faults, the less chance of "The Big One" occurring in such a way as to completely destroy California. So I'll take it. I never get seismic predictions, neither do my pets! The last mini-quake we had here, I barely woke up, thought it was the cats fighting on the bed, yelled at them and went back to sleep. I'm grateful to be here, though, as we have reasonable codes and regs here that make it safer than a lot of other places in an earthquake. I've been in many, both west and east coasts, and a big one in Italy. The one in Italy was the scariest - thought I was going to die (because all the construction there is so shoddy-since about 200 CE anyway), I think it was around Richter 7.5, and it wasn't nearby, so no local damage done, but at the center people lost their lives. And just a note to everyone about earthquake safety - a lot of it depends on where you live. Here in CA, they train everyone to stay indoors, stand in a doorway or other secure structure. That's fine for city dwellers anywhere. In Italy, though, when someone yells "Terremoto!", the people run outside, and since traditionally Italy was a more rural place, that makes sense. So if you're in a city, hunker down, but if you're in the country or not near tall buildings, run outside, where your house can't fall on you. And if the ground is cracking, keep your eyes on it, you will see that happen and be able to react more quickly than if your roof is landing on your head. Either way, try to grab your cellphone and keep it on you, it can help rescue efforts in a number of ways.

BlueBelle and BlueBelle reacted
 Mela
(@mela)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

Thank you, Zoron and Laura, for your reply ? 

@Zoron: I went through the lists of vulcanoes in Italy and compared their images (and their known ways to erupt) whether or not they fit the one in my dream. There was an eerie resemblance with Vesuvius... I hope that I am completely wrong on that, but those dreams suggest a huger eruption in mid April most probably by Vesuvius. Recalling my first dream, I tend to say that is set more in the future. It is by far more scarier in the energy. The other two have kind of a foreboding energy, if you know what I mean. Thus I would not be surprised if we see an eruption of the Campi Flegrei in the upcoming years, although it doesn't feel like a major outbreak (luckily). Both scenarios, however, would be happening in one of the most densely populated areas of the world ? 

@Laura: I agree that region makes a huge difference. The region I live is actually an earthquake zone. However, the earthquakes here are typically very small or unrecognisable. The few huger ones were in the 1600-1700s and are estimated to have been around 5-6 (Richter scale). One problem in areas like Italy or Austria is that many towns have remarkable old historical buildings. I know for sure some in my immediate surroundings which are dated around 1200, and there are definitely a lot older buildings here too. At least in my area, those buildings have been reinforced already in the 1600-1700s after a few devastating earthquakes. Nevertheless, this is certainly going to be an issue. The other thing is - people in my region are unfortunately not earthquake trained as in other areas of the world. We are pretty much used to everything mountains can throw upon us, but earthquakes are so rare that they somehow go under the radar. Thus, even Richter 5-6 could be a huge problem. In any case, thanks for your advice how to behave. I definitely am going to read on this more.

(@zoron)
Illustrious Member Registered

Hi, Mela, I was not going to go public on it, but now you have mentioned it, Vesuvious is a prime candidate. This would be a major eruption. 

The problem is the date. I also get the Spring, but timewise, sometimes in the next 5 years?. Date is very murky. Thats why I  didn't post. Vesuvius is going to blow eventually, but the other volcanoes are more likely to go off first.

Zoron.

Paul W and Paul W reacted
Share: