Notifications
Clear all

2020 Atlantic Hurricane Season

(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator

Zeta is now a Cat 2 hurricane as it prepares to make landfall in the Gulf Coast.  Be smart Gulf Coast friends and stay safe.

theungamer, Rohenna, theungamer and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)
Illustrious Member Registered

@lovendures  Wouldn't mind a prayer or two... the center is due to come right thru here as a tropical storm with 2-4 inches of rain and winds steady 40-50 miles and up to 60-70 maybe higher and not just gusts the weather prognosticator. Schools are closing for tomorrow with the expectation of downed streets, power outages and flooded streets and some areas. Lower risk of spinoff tornadoes if they do occur they should be brief they said.

Vesta, jsr78, Lovendures and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@share)
Famed Member Registered

@journeywithme2 sending many prayers your way.  Stay safe.

share the love and light 

Vesta, theungamer, Rohenna and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@febbby23)

@journeywithme2 sending prayers to you and all dealing with this storm.  Stay safe. 

JourneyWithMe2, Vesta, theungamer and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

@journeywithme2

Absolutely.  May the force of Zeta be more mild than expected and may she leave you unscathed.  I think the Gulf states are  "hurricaned" out this year.  Hopefully this will not make voting an issue for all the people in the path of the storm either.  

Lots of love and healing light to you.

JourneyWithMe2, Vesta, Share and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

Say hello to TS Eta which is in the Central Caribbean and heading to Central America.

ReplyQuote
(@coyote)
Topic starter  

Following up on @lovendures alert, with the formation of Eta, the 2020 hurricane season is now tied with 2005 as comprising the most active hurricane seasons on record. Eta is expected to make landfall in Nicaragua as a major hurricane and will also bring torrential rains to Honduras and El Salvador (Eta's ETA is Monday night/Tuesday morning). What concerns me is that, due to their mountainous terrains, these countries are highly vulnerable to mudslides and river flooding. Extreme weather events like these are also why more and more Central Americans are making their way to the US-Mexico border.

earthangel, lowtide, Lovendures and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lowtide)

@coyote

You are exactly right. The dirt roads wash out during this time of year in poor Central American countries, like Honduras. It’s rainy season now until February. Hurricanes add to the problem of isolation and inability to get food, medicine and supplies to the extremely poor rural areas. Thank you for mentioning this so we can all surround our brothers and sisters with light and hope. 

Lovendures, Coyote, Vesta and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@coyote)
Topic starter  

It's easy to not pay attention to these thing right now, but with TS Theta now churning in the northeast Atlantic, the 2020 season has surpassed 2005 to become the busiest hurricane season on record. There's also a tropical disturbance in the Caribbean that will probably become a storm in the next two days.

To be honest, I'm tired of thinking about and tracking hurricanes. The problem is, each time I see a new storm start to develop on the NHC map, I'm secretly wishing that the storm will wreak as much havoc as possible. My shadow side is excited by catastrophism, and as an aspiring healer, I know I need to excise that component of myself. Plus, I am adding psychic power to storms just by mentally "rooting" for them from behind my computer. Hurricane season might still be on, but I'm done with constantly checking the NHC website.

Unk p, Jeanne Mayell, Avon and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ana)

Posted by: @coyote , I'm secretly wishing that the storm will wreak as much havoc as possible. My shadow side is excited by catastrophism, and as an aspiring healer, I know I need to excise that component of myself. 

I confess, I love hurricanes.  I don't want people harmed by them but I think they are magnificent.  And yes I've been through a few.  

For one thing, they humble us.  People think they have the divine right to build on a sandbar or below sea level and wonder why they get flooded out or washed away--- well that's just Earth doing what Earth does.  If you want to live on the beach, fine, but know the risk you take. 

And for another thing, tropical systems are actually beneficial in many ways.  They are heat engines.  They draw heat from the ocean and transfer some of that heat to the atmosphere. Some of the ocean heat turns into mechanical energy (wind) which helps drive the global winds and ocean currents.  In this way, removing heat from the oceans helps mitigate some of the effects of global warming.  And they break up and stir up things like red tide blooms.  On land, their rain helps refill our reservoirs and aquifers.  Their wind helps clear out dead branches and dead trees that could become wildfire fuel.  And if cleared out often, the dead trees and branches don't accumulate to such an extent that when a storm *does* come through, all the dead wood comes down at once and blocks roads and damages homes.  

This has really been a very *good* hurricane season-- there have been a record number of storms but few have been very destructive to humans.   Lots of little tropical storms that mostly stay out to sea is the heat rebalancing in a fairly benign way.  

So I don't think it is a good idea to wish them away.   Maybe just wish that the people and property in their path are protected. 

Unk p, Vesta, MtGal99 and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Avon
(@avon)
Noble Member Registered

@ana Thank for making it sound like it's not crazy to love Hurricanes, haha. I too secretly love them, but in a purely "wow, mother nature is amazing" kind of way. 

Unk p, Vesta, Iridium and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

Theta??? Good Grief!

ReplyQuote
(@ana)

@lovendures    Yes, Theta-- but he's just kind of sitting out there in the eastern Atlantic and expected to fizzle out soon

But Iota is gearing up to form in the Caribbean.  I think she might be an Eta 2.0   Just a guess.

ReplyQuote
(@coyote)
Topic starter  

@ana

I'm not wishing hurricanes away. I'm just exercising inhibition so that I'm not wishing for more destruction than Mother Nature has already pre-determined. Because I do often think to myself when a new hurricane develops, "Won't it be interesting if this storm is the one that tears South Florida to shreds. Gosh golly, wouldn't that be fun to watch from a distance?" Thinking those sorts of thoughts clearly isn't healthy...

lenor, Stargazer, Vesta and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ana)

Posted by: @coyote

@ana

I'm not wishing hurricanes away. I'm just exercising inhibition so that I'm not wishing for more destruction than Mother Nature has already pre-determined. Because I do often think to myself when a new hurricane develops, "Won't it be interesting if this storm is the one that tears South Florida to shreds. Gosh golly, wouldn't that be fun to watch from a distance?" Thinking those sorts of thoughts clearly isn't healthy...

I get it.  It is wise to exercise restraint in our thoughts.  I will also confess that as a resident of a coastal state, I used to make jokes about the hurricanes coming in and cleaning the beaches of condos. But I've managed to teach myself some self-control.  ?   

Unk p, Coyote, Vesta and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

IOTA is officially here now.

Wow!

ReplyQuote
(@stargazer)

In the wake of ETA, which left over 100 people dead and incredible destruction to the poor communities it ravaged, let's pray for IOTA's landfall on Central America to be a gentle tropical rain .....

That would be a force of nature that would be merciful ... though maybe not 'exhilirating'.

?????

lenor, Unk p, Vesta and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lowtide)

ETA damaged one of our clinics in Honduras that serves 15 villages. Thankfully the water and mud damage can be repaired without much difficulty. Our files and dental equipment were undamaged. Thankful and grateful for that!

lenor, Unk p, Jeanne Mayell and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@stargazer)

@lowtide

Holding you in ? light.....

I don't know if you are there in Central America, but if you are, prayers for your safety.

Last night I was meditating on the storm Iota and felt it's rage building up... visualized it's power being drawn up into the atmosphere and dissipated. We can only hope, and set intentions for the best scenario to manifest ...

This morning I awoke to big wind gusts buffeting around me here, and while I appreciate a force of nature, if these winds were ten times stronger it would be hellatious ... as empaths we are perhaps more in tune to Mother Nature than we are comfortable with sometimes ...

Mother should be more merciful to our human plight ?... and looking forward to that fragile balance being restored gradually as more consciousness becomes the 'flowers on the waters' ...

lenor, Unk p, earthangel and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

Iota has slammed into Nicaragua as a Cat 4 and it is historic as the strongest ever latest Atlantic Hurricane ever.  

lenor and lenor reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 6 / 6
Share: