Notifications
Clear all

Dreams - Transpersonal - Share with us here

(@starpath)
Noble Member Registered

Thanks Jeanne!  I agree and I hope no harm comes to anyone because of these extremists.  The Circle of Light is a great way to send protection and good energy out to those who need it.  I don't always interpret my dreams and visions correctly...

The violent people are usually a very small percentage of any population, but in these unprecedented times people seem more fearful and desperate than during normal times.  Covid has seemed to inspire the most vulnerable and unstable people in the population in a negative way by increasing their fears and paranoia.  

Jeanne Mayell, Vesta, lenor and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

The best way to deal with the paranoia is to avoid clicking on those dark rumors. It also keeps the conspiracy mongers from expanding.

I worked as a publicist once. It is standard practice to quickly to get a few articles in the news because then people think that the content is something everyone is thinking about.  It's called "creating buzz." 

deetoo, BlueBelle, Unk p and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unk-p)
Illustrious Member Registered

Last night i dreamt about being at a party, held in a library of an old house.  There was this new, experimental stereo thingy that would somehow convert books into music.  You just popped any old book into the device, and it would turn it into the most extraordinary music.  We tried it with all different kinds of books-  The Epic of Gilgamesh, mathematical textbooks, trashy Romance novels, whatever we could find.  It would all become this strange new music.  And of course, with strange new music, comes strange new dancing!  And strange  new fashion!   Yay!

If this dream is any indication, the post-Covid future is going to be lit!

deetoo, Lauren, Vesta and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@unk-p I love love love  this dream of yours.

It makes sense too that one form of art easily converts to another art form. Certainly poetry is like music, with its rhythms, but prose is as well.  I would love to hear what Dr. Seuss's stories sound like.

I grew up singing, always a song in my head.  I always thought from an early age that I'd become a rock n roll singer. But other interests got in the way.   When I read poetry before the Circle of Light group, I feel like I'm singing.  And when I channel those meditations, I feel again like it's music coming through me. 

deetoo, Lauren, Vesta and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@unk-p, your dream reminded me that I had a dream I'd like to share.  I've had this dream many times in my life, about once every five years even when I was a child.  And I had it a couple of nights ago, to my utter delight. 

In the dream, I was moving across a field with a bunch of people, only they were all on the ground, some walking, driving, and some bicycling. But I was in the air and I was flying, using just my own body to fly.   I don't remember how I made it happen, whether I was flapping my arms or cycling with my legs.  I was enjoying it, and every time I have this dream, it feels like I'm just discovering that I can do this.

It took some effort, too, but each time I made the effort,  I was absolutely able to fly wherever I wanted.  Oddly, I wasn't thinking about what all those people on the ground might think of my ability. I saw them down there, but the issue wasn't about my flying ability.  It was a personal self discovery I was having with being able to fly. I kept marveling at how I could absolutely control the height of my flying with some effort. 

BlueBelle, deetoo, CC21 and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unk-p)

@jeanne-mayell  i have also had those delightful flying dreams.  The funny thing is, the other people are always so nonchalant about it- they never seem to notice, or if they do, they just roll their eyes "oh look who's gliding thru the air again- whatever" lol.

Jeanne, i still can't get over the fact that you got to see the Beatles in concert when you were a kid.  Did you scream when they came on stage?  I am a grown-ass man, but i am pretty sure that i would be screaming like a teenage girl if i saw them!

Jeanne Mayell, CC21, Vesta and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@unk-p I love your question. I first heard the Beatles in December 1963 when their single I wanna hold your hand came on the radio.  I was standing in my room with the radio on when I heard the first measure of George Harrison's guitar, I was stunned. I was fourteen at the time and had been listening to rock n roll since I was three. I was addicted to the radio and knew all the songs by heart. But this was rock n roll at a whole new level! I can still remember the moment I heard it. A Boston disk jockey loved them too and started playing that song repeatedly.  Then Meet the Beatles Album came out and my girlfriends and I played it obsessively and covered our textbook covers and notebooks with Beatle pictures.  We were 14. 

They had not come to the U.S. yet. In downtown Boston a theater showed a closed circuit movie of them performing. The theatre filled up with tweens, and when the Beatles came on the screen, we all jumped up, squealing, laughing and danced the entire time.

Then they came to America to the Ed Sullivan show in February 1964 - a long awaited event. My whole family was gathered around the tv, and when they appeared, I let out a scream which shocked and angered my father.  He was so mad at seeing his little girl scream at a bunch of boys, that he got angry and smacked me. He had never ever done anything like that before, and while it was just a little smack, I jumped up, burst into tears, and ran out of the room, missing the whole show.

Later, my remorseful father produced four balcony tickets to the Boston Garden on their upcoming September 12 show. We were stoked by the time the Beatles appeared on stage. And I just remember jumping up from my seat along with 14,000 other young girls and screaming and dancing the whole time.

At one point during their performance, John Lennon squatted down on stage and put his hand to his forehead and panned the whole crowd which then went nuts. I probably lost some hearing from that noise.  We could could barely tell what song they were singing, the noise was so loud. I carried the ticket stub in my wallet for ten years.

I also remember the opening performance well which was singer songwriter Jackie DeShannon who sang Needles and Pins and He's got the whole world in his hands - which calmed everyone down. She was this tiny young woman in a mini skirt and long blond hair who used her whole body to pull us together, her arms stretched and clapping over her heard. In spite of her teenybopper appearance, I felt her courage and power. She got her start with that tour and went on to have a great musical career.

JD1960, Unk p, BlueBelle and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 CC21
(@cc21)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@jeanne-mayell

You reminded me of my childhood flying dream! I used to have it when I was rather young, regularly. Very similar to yours though mine was just above the yard of our house with no other people around. I flew by doing something with my feet (flapping them back and forth somehow.) I used to have this dream often and vividly enough that when I was awake I would try it out and be rather disappointed that I couldn't get any lift! It was so realistic in my dream.

Unk p, Jeanne Mayell, Vesta and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)

I used to have flying dreams when I was a child.  Those were wonderful.  I would fly above some lush, green hills.  I grew up in a major city, so it's interesting to me that I was flying above a beautiful nature scene.  But I don't believe they were dreams -- I think I was actually flying back then.  Wish I could do it now!

Unk p, CC21, Vesta and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ruby)
Honorable Member Registered

@deetoo I too have had many flying dreams, but usually I would just go from standing to a horizontal position and fly at that level, no swirling or swooping or acrobatics, just moving along at a regular pace.When I would wake up from those dreams, for a brief moment, I would think I would be able to fly if I gave it a try.

Unk p, Jeanne Mayell, deetoo and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@cindy)
Illustrious Member Registered Participant

Oh, I love, love, love when I have flying dreams. The feelings I have leftover when I wake are great. Not quite as great as I feel in the dreams, but still almost tangible. I never have to do anything physical in the dream to fly- just push off the ground & soar. Sometimes others in the dreams don't notice, other times they are in awe. Can't say why. It's been a few years since my last flight, wouldn't mind taking a spin in the near future.?

CC21, Unk p, BlueBelle and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

Another dream I have had many times is house dreams.  Usually I'm in a house, some old Victorian house, and it turns out there are upper floors that are unused, wide and tall floors, sometimes two or more.  I'm pleased and surprised at how much space there is. They are often empty, unused, or partially furnished.  I see them as possibilities.  In one, I sat on the floor since there was no furniture and noticed some torn wall paper, and wondered if the floor would hold. But it looked good. I also wondered if it was haunted. A few other times, I dreamed that there's an annex to this house, a long wide hallway that spans the whole length of the house, often with old furnishings from an era gone by. I get excited in the dream that this house is mine and I can make use of these additional rooms and floors.  Anyone had house dreams?  

Vesta, Unk p, BlueBelle and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ana)

Posted by: @jeanne-mayell

Another dream I have had many times is house dreams.  Usually I'm in a house, some old Victorian house, and it turns out there are upper floors that are unused, wide and tall floors, sometimes two or more.  I'm pleased and surprised at how much space there is. They are often empty, unused, or partially furnished.  I see them as possibilities.  In one, I sat on the floor since there was no furniture and noticed some torn wall paper, and wondered if the floor would hold. But it looked good. I also wondered if it was haunted. A few other times, I dreamed that there's an annex to this house, a long wide hallway that spans the whole length of the house, often with old furnishings from an era gone by. I get excited in the dream that this house is mine and I can make use of these additional rooms and floors.  Anyone had house dreams?  

I have house dreams all the time and they are very similar to how you describe yours, with unused upper floors, and extra furniture, etc.  Sometimes the upper areas are haunted, but usually in the dreams I can deal with the haunting even though other people are afraid.  Sometimes the houses are supposed to be old family homes.  Sometimes they are just random houses.    (In real life I actually live in a Victorian-era house that was a haunted fixer-upper when I bought it 30 years ago, and that is another set of stories. LOL )   

In my most recent house dream ( a few days ago), my husband was going to set up a newly found, empty room with his stereo, but he needed a piece of furniture of a certain height to hold a speaker.  I replied that there was probably something the right size on the upper floors, (the upper rooms were full of antiques) and that the former owners had said we could use what was there.   I excitedly ran out of the room to go upstairs and inventory the furniture but as I left my husband complained that I was always running off to do something.    (In real life I always feel like it is the reverse-- he is the one always running off distracted.)    

According to dream dictionaries, "house dreams" are supposed to be relatively common, with unused rooms representing either newfound possibilities in life, or upper levels of sprituality that the dreamer is discovering. 

Vesta, Unk p, BlueBelle and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

Chris Northrup, MD, author, wrote in one of her books that house dreams are more common for women than men.  And yes, I see them as possibilities for what we can become and do. 

CC21, Vesta, BlueBelle and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ruby)

@jeanne-mayell Some of my favorite dream books describe the house as being the structure of your life, and then the rest of the interpretation is in the details of the dream. I recently had a dream about being in a basement, a scary one with spiders and other creepy things. I haven’t yet looked up the interpretation for that one. 

ReplyQuote
(@ana)

Posted by: @jackie

@jeanne-mayell Some of my favorite dream books describe the house as being the structure of your life, and then the rest of the interpretation is in the details of the dream. I recently had a dream about being in a basement, a scary one with spiders and other creepy things. I haven’t yet looked up the interpretation for that one. 

The usual interpretation of basements is that they represent the subconscious.  The spiders etc could represent either memories you have buried, or things about yourself that you do not want to acknowledge.  

Jeanne Mayell, Vesta, Jeanne Mayell and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ruby)

@ana  Thank you for that. I looked it up in one of my dream books and it said, “You need to be firm about refusing plans which don’t really appeal to you.” In the dream, I remember being uncomfortable with my surroundings, so both interpretations probably have some resonance with my life.

Iridium, Jeanne Mayell, Iridium and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@bluebelle)

@jeanne-mayell

I recently had a house dream combined with a family/Covid dream.  The house in my dream was old for the Northwest, maybe 100 years old with big rooms and overlooking the Sound.  In my dream, I was having a party, during Covid.  Of course, I was.  I was busy getting ready for guests and trying to protect everyone from the virus at the same time.  The house made me happy, there was room for everyone and I could see the Sound from inside the house.  Unlike most of my Covid dreams, my anxiety was minimal.  

Vesta, Iridium, Jeanne Mayell and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@bluebelle)

@jeanne-mayell. What a lucky duck you were to see the Beatles live.  I remember, too, being fourteen and discovering the Beatles, the first obsession in life.  What joy that was.

Unk p, Vesta, Jeanne Mayell and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@debbie-m)
Noble Member Registered

I have frequent house dreams often with weird floor plans and a lot of strange people living in them. One I had was before we moved into a new space when i had no idea we were going to move. However, in my favorite one I was on a beam stretching right below the ceiling, I could look down through the three story house which was open with no separate rooms.All was peaceful and quiet with no strangers living there. I don't like heights but I was not afraid.  

Vesta, Jeanne Mayell, Vesta and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 39 / 63
Share: