Notifications
Clear all

Afterlife

(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@deetoo

Your heartfelt words are so beautiful to read Dee!  

This community is truly wondrous isn't it?  A community garden which blooms and grows, each of us a seed springing to life.  

A blessed garden to have such a devoted, wise and loving caretaker. @Jeanne-mayell

lenor, Stargazer, CC21 and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)
Illustrious Member Registered

@meliaamal

Beautifully Beautifully expressed and shared.  Thrilled that you are here with all of us ? ? ?

lenor, MMA, Jeanne Mayell and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@melmystery)
Noble Member Registered

Just some random thoughts and experiences:

Years ago before I'd really thought much about my beliefs about the afterlife, I had this dream that I was a character in a video game.  And like the characters in a video game, if you got killed, you would come back.  That dream stuck with me as a very simple metaphor for reincarnation.

My Dad passed away in 2009 from cancer.  During the time before, I read up a great deal on near death experiences and they all had the idea of soul reviews and reincarnation in common regardless of one's religion or spiritual path.  After all I've read, I truly believe in some form of reincarnation.  I'm not entirely scared of death itself now - just the dying process. 

I had a Tarot reader do a past life reading for me once and another time I did a past life regression in a group setting.  Both placed me as having lived within the Roman empire.  I don't know if they were the same life or two different lives.  I also had a dream once that I was a man wearing a suit walking down a street or alley in the mid-20th century and that I was shot in the back.  I think that may have been a past life recall, and I actually have a pinched nerve in the area I was "shot" in the dream. I have read that sometimes people retain physical wounds related to past lives. 

While I have had the occasional experience that has bordered on the supernatural, I've never actually seen or perceived a ghost - at least not that I am aware of. 

Within a week before my grandmother passed away in 2005, I had a dream that my grandfather who passed away in 1982 was calling me on the phone.  I hadn't dreamed of him in years.  I didn't know what it meant at the time, but the timing was so close to the unexpected death of my grandmother that I feel he may have been trying to warn me.

I woke up crying the day my Dad passed away and feel like I somehow knew that was going to be the day. 

Not long after my Dad passed away I had a sleep paralysis experience - never had those before -- this human-like being stood in a lighted doorway between dimensions, held it's hand out over me, and was exuding some kind of energy or field from its hand.  I was scared and sent it a mental kick and it left.  When describing the experience to friends, they said they thought it was some kind of guardian spirit.  My uncle had a similar experience while visiting my folks shortly before my Dad passed.  He said there was a being standing in a lighted doorway and he told it ti leave and it did.

lenor, CC21, Stargazer and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jewels-2)
Noble Member Registered

@lovendures

Those colors were chosen by the family,  from the NDE person's description. One of my orders went out of town, and it was a pleasant surprise that the florist in that city already knew the NDE specifics as she had done some herself. 

lenor, CC21, Stargazer and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Here are the posts of the last two days from 8/13/20 at 2 pm PT back to 8/11/20 around 7:30 pm PT:

RE: Afterlife

@moonbeam No I only saw the light being that one time. I did hear "whispers" and a weird buzzing sound / feeling in some dreams occasionally the following year. They seemed bigger than just a regular dream. I took them to mean that someone on the other side was trying to get a message to me - perhaps my Dad since he had just passed. I never did figure out the message and the "whispers" didn't go on for that long. I've only had one brief sleep paralysis event since then and it was just totally dark knowing that I was was asleep and couldn't move. 

This past year I have had a few lucid dreams where I knew I was dreaming. Of course, the moment I realized this and tried to control the dream - poof, I woke up. I hope I get more of these in the future and learn to control them at least a little bit.

@lovendures thanks! he came thru a lot after that, and it helped me to deal with it

@moonbeam Yes we did a meditation in my last class on a few occasions that helped some people see guides. It was a colors meditation where we meditated on the light spectrum colors from red to lavender. Then I guided people to find a place of their choosing while they were deep in meditation and look for guidance. It was pretty powerful for people. -- From @jeannemayell

I used to watch "I survived....Beyond and Back" on A&E channel, and the NDE experiences were mind-boggling. I think they are available on youtube.

I found them all fascinating, but there was one where two people were in a car accident. The woman telling the story said she found herself floating in what seemed like a cave, and the woman who was in the accident with her was there also. Then that woman floated off in another direction. It turned out later that that woman had died. Thought that was interesting. It was a great show.

@melmystery, wonderful anecdotes, thank you. Yes! I've read about them too; instances of 'ghost pain' concerning violent deaths in previous lives. Sometimes it can also be an irrational fear that hints at a past life though. My mother never wanted to wear sweaters/T-shirts etc. close to the throat (always wide V-necks), couldn't bear anything near her neck, not even a scarf.

I have always had great fear of knives, even when cooking. If somebody in the kitchen turns towards me with even the smallest fruit knife knife in hand my heart skips a beat out of fright.

I think that if you look at these things, your dreams and experiences during the day, you discover that you know a lot more than you give yourself credit for.

Have you ever seen your light-being again?

@Vestralux, I have been working on your suggestions, but I have to rewind 20+ years, to get back to where I was, ability wise.

I hope I do not overstep any boundaries, and do tell me if I do, but do you perhaps have a tip on how I can get into touch with my guides again? I am no longer shut off to 'seeing' (which is why I am getting visions again), but I do not know if this is enough. Would you recommend mediation? Prayers to the light? Let it flow and see what happens?

@jeanne-mayell, do you perhaps do this as well in your classes? I would love to attend an intuitive reading evening, but I'm afraid the time-difference, and the fact that I have a 6 year old, might make that a bit hard to do.

Crustaceans on a cracker, how can any person in their right mind not see what a blatant flaming racist a-hole he is? 

This nasty rural white housewife is proudly voting Biden/Harris!

@Unk-p Wow! That's powerful! If that doesn't give us all hope, I don't know what will!

The loss is incredible, especially when they are so young, but when something so rare as this happens... it sounds like you two are connected in a very powerful, intense manner.

@jeanne-mayell, that sounds amazing. I'd never thought of a color meditation! I am so going to join up when my daughter is a bit older and I can pull all-nighters again;-) Thank you for the tip. 

@unk-p

What an awesome story! I am sorry about your Nephew but do love the gift he was able to give you.

BlueBelle, lenor, FEBbby23 and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@thebeast)
Honorable Member Participant

I jumped in the river and what did I see ?

Black-eyed angels swam with me

A moon full of stars and astral cars

And all the figures I used to see

All my lovers were there with me

All my past and futures

And we all went to heaven in a little row boat

There was nothing to fear and nothing to doubt .

"Pyramid Song" 

Radiohead

lenor, ghandigirl, mikeb and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@thebeast. Mysterious meaning, creepy. Is it supposed to be creepy? 

Stargazer and Stargazer reacted
ReplyQuote
(@thebeast)

I don' t experience it as creepy . To me it is truthful and draws me to a feeling of communion with the world and brings tears to my eyes . It gives me strength .

@jeanne-mayell  May I ask why do you think it is creepy ? Is that not the type of after-life you would want to have ?

lenor, FEBbby23, Jeanne Mayell and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@stargazer)

Well it appears that the "Universe" (WordPress/Big Daddy) has changed all of our Love (???) into ❔❔❔⁉️⁉️⁉️.... among other things ?

FEBbby23, Jeanne Mayell, Unk p and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@stargazer)

(((UnkP))) ..... Thank you for your insightful post about Lennon and your nephew .... 

Again .... ???

No question about it .....

FEBbby23, Aheartbegins, Unk p and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator

Posted by: @stargazer

Well it appears that the "Universe" (WordPress/Big Daddy) has changed all of our Love (???) into ❔❔❔⁉️⁉️⁉️.... among other things ?

OMG!  

Laughing SOOOOO hard right now!!!

FEBbby23, Stargazer, Unk p and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@thebeast)

❤️ ❤️ ❤️ 

Even with ??? and !?!?!?

Always ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ 

? ? ? 

FEBbby23, Stargazer, Unk p and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@thebeast Forgot to tell you how much I love Radiohead. 

mikeb, FEBbby23, Unk p and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unk-p)

@jeanne-mayell @thebeast speaking of Radiohead and creepy, have you heard the Medieval version of Creep?  https://youtu.be/TeFiIjMIlRw

Maggieci, BlueBelle, Jeanne Mayell and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tgraf66)

@unk-p omg...that's a version of that song that I never knew I needed!  wow, that's good!

Aheartbegins, FEBbby23, Stargazer and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@stargazer)

Posted by: @unk-p

@jeanne-mayell @thebeast speaking of Radiohead and creepy, have you heard the Medieval version of Creep?  https://youtu.be/TeFiIjMIlRw

? Radiohead!! 

Jeanne Mayell, Aheartbegins, FEBbby23 and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Meditation from 14A  by Jennifer Maier

And what if the passage out of this life
is like a flight from Seattle to St. Louis—

the long taxi out of the body, the brief
and terrible acceleration, the improbable

buoyancy, and then the moment when,
godlike, you see the way things fit

together: the grave and earnest roads
with their little cars, stitching their desires

with invisible thread; the tiny pushpin houses
and backyard swimming pools, dreaming

the same blue dream. And who but the dead
may look down with impunity on these white

birds, strewn like dice above the river whose name
you have forgotten, though you know,

having crossed the Divide, that it flows
east now, toward the vast, still heartland,

its pinstriped remnants of wheat and corn
laid out like burial clothes. And how

you would like to close your eyes, if only
you could stop thinking about that small scratch on the window,

more of a pinprick, really,

and about yourself sucked out! anatomized!—

part of you now (the best part) a molecule
of pure oxygen, breathed in by the farmer

on his tractor; by the frightened rabbit
in the ditch; by a child riding a bike

in Topeka; by the sad wife of a Mexican
diplomat; by a dog, digging up a bone

a hundred years in the future, that foreign city
where you don't know a soul, but where you think

you could start over, could make a whole
new life for yourself, and will.

Maggieci, BlueBelle, lenor and 25 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

The Institute for noetic Sciences (IONS) did a free seminar (they do one every Friday) on consciousness after death.  It was interesting and I thought worth watching. IONS is group of psychologists, physicists and other scientists who focus on psychic and spiritual phenomena from a scientific philosophical viewpoint.  

There are two zoom recordings on this page:

Consciousness after death 

Key lessons on Life and Living from Death and Dying. 

CC21, lenor, FEBbby23 and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@moonbeam)
Topic starter  

@jeanne-mayell, thank so much. Great find!

CC21, Jeanne Mayell, CC21 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@sistermoon)
Famed Member Registered

I have a question for those of you who are better versed in the afterlife than I am.

My grandmother died back in May of this year. I still have not had a visit from her (or at least, I haven't had a visit that I can identify as such).

When my grandfather died two years ago, he appeared to me a few weeks later. The visit was brief but I knew he was whole, happy, and ALIVE.

I'm concerned about my grandmother, though, because she wasn't able to have a funeral due to covid. Is it possible -- my brain says I'm being silly, but I still have to ask -- that prevented her from successfully moving on?

I speak to her constantly and have asked her to visit me the same way my grandfather (her husband) did, but nothing. I've prayed for her soul also; I'm just not sure if I've done something wrong. 

Does anyone have any thoughts about this? I'd appreciate any advice you might have :)

BlueBelle, Moonbeam, Jeanne Mayell and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 7
Share: