Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Pete Buttigieg

(@jholmes)
Honorable Member Registered

@jeanne-mayell

It's interesting that you pulled out Buttigieg, Harris, and Warren. I too feel those 3 will be the last standing.

Lilinoe, Jeanne Mayell, lenor and 5 people reacted
(@jholmes)

@numerologist

That's so interesting. Thank you for looking at his numbers. I'm glad they correspond with what I see re: peacemaker.

lenor, Lawrence, lenor and 1 people reacted
(@jholmes)

@lilinoe

Awesome! It is interesting to talk to people about him. Sometimes I'm surprised by the people who are already onboard.

Jeanne Mayell, lenor, Jeanne Mayell and 1 people reacted
(@marcosromao)
Reputable Member Registered

@jholmes

Loved your vision on mayor Pete. I too feel lifted by his message and will send my energy his way. Thank you for your beautiful text.

JHolmes, Jeanne Mayell, Unk p and 5 people reacted
(@deetoo)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@jholmes, thank you for your thoughtful analysis and visions.  I agree that you should send your writing to his campaign.

I love Buttigieg for all of the reasons that have been stated here.  He's an evolved soul, and we really need someone like him in power.  I feel joyful when I see Mayor Pete or hear him speak.  I strongly feel that he will play a huge role in healing our country.  I can't get a sense of what that means right now, and when that might happen.  At the moment, I am feeling that the country isn't ready for him as President in 2020.  I'm not sure why I'm saying that, and I really want to be wrong with my impressions. 

Maybe what I'm really picking up on is the hanky-panky, re the bots, voter suppression, etc.?   I'm just feeling very shaky about the 2020 election results.  

When I envision any of the Democratic candidates occupying the Oval Office in 2021, I'm not seeing anyone yet.  BUT the office looks bathed in sunlight and very clean, which to me is a very good sign.  I say that because when Hillary was running, I could never see her in the Oval Office, no matter how hard I tried.  What I saw instead was a dark, dreary, day outside the tall windows behind the President's desk.  And inside the Oval Office, I saw this cloud of dark smoke or haze.  No matter how often I went back to the Oval Office vision, I kept seeing that darkness. 

I'm seeing it now, that sunny, bright, clean Oval Office.   I've got goosebumps, and it's making me smile.

Marley, BlueBelle, lenor and 15 people reacted
(@jholmes)

@deetoo

That's great news about the oval office filled with light. I'll take it! 

lenor, BlueBelle, Jeanne Mayell and 7 people reacted
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Maybe it's the light that keeps T away so much. I don't think he likes it there. 

lenor, BlueBelle, LalaBella and 11 people reacted
(@unk-p)
Illustrious Member Registered

Mayor Pete says that white supremacy could be the end of America.  “That is the only issue that almost ended this country,” Buttigieg said. “We’ve had a lot challenges in this country, but the one that actually almost ended this country in the civil war was white supremacy."    (This came from The Guardian today)

This reminded me of the Angela Davis quote that Professor  Simran Jeet Singh recently shared:  “In a racist society, it’s not enough to be non-racist— you have to be ANTI-racist.”

lenor, BlueBelle, Jeanne Mayell and 9 people reacted
(@jholmes)

@unk-p

Yes. This is another key point. Like with democracy, I think Buttigieg sees deeper than most people what the underlying problems are and is willing to tackle them directly instead of assuming they can't be fixed or looking at bandaid solutions. His Douglass Plan is a serious attempt to address systemic racism across a broad range of areas.

He pointed out in another interview that the fact that Russia was able to meddle in the 2016 election (and still is) by egging on racial tensions, and now Trump is doing the same, shows how much of a true security risk it is to our country if we can't fix it.

I saw an interesting comment somewhere that Obama, as a black man, could not directly address racism so white politicians need to step up to the plate. I think this is true across the board, as it is for white people in general.

(@yogagirl)
Famed Member Registered

JHolmes I agree whole heartedly with your assessment of Mayor Pete.  I had only seen small clips of him speaking before I watched the debates so I hadn't formed an overall opinion of him.  Aftr the debates that all changed.  I really like him .  I find him knowledgeable, down to earth and  most of all very relateable. (there goes my spelling witches again) .  I like  him with eiter Warren or Harris.  All three to me were the front runners at the debates.  It should be interesting to see the next debate and who does or doesn't step forward.  Whomever the candidates are you have to know that Moron will try his usual tacktics of attack, attack, attack.  I truly feel in my heart that prople, nt just us, are getting really tired of his antics.  I know I am!  

(@jholmes)

@yogagirl

Yes. Whoever the nom is, all the forces on the right will try to tear him/her down. It's a scary thing to contemplate. But it's the final dark test before we can hopefully come out into the light. 

Pete is best in longer form and in Q&A where his depth of knowledge can really shine. Here's a good list of his best appearances. It's hard to get that detailed in a debate, but I thought he did well in the first one. I'm looking forward to there being less candidates on stage so they can dig a little deeper than sound bites.

lenor, Jeanne Mayell, deetoo and 3 people reacted
(@yogagirl)
Famed Member Registered

I just read on twitter that the country radio station where Mayor Pete gave an interview has banned it's play.  

(@deetoo)
Illustrious Member Moderator

Here is the link re Mayor Pete's banned interview that was referenced by @yogagirl :

https://www.newsweek.com/recorded-pete-buttigieg-interview-spiked-nashville-country-radio-station-my-employer-decided-i-1450398

lynn
(@lynn)

There's an article today in The Daily Beast where Richard Clarke, who's worked for every president since Nixon, talks about Pete B., and how he got the same feeling when he met Obama, that they're both candidates who were longshots but that in his heart he thinks they could win.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/george-w-bush-was-bad-but-trump-might-be-worse-richard-clarke?ref=home

Jeanne had a prediction about a dark horse candidate on the stage in 2021. Maybe Pete?

lenor, Unk p, BlueBelle and 9 people reacted
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

My dark horse candidate vision also had dark hair and was a similar body type.  :-)  

lenor, BlueBelle, deetoo and 5 people reacted
 lynn
(@lynn)

@jeanne-mayell

Jeanne, didn't he also have a military uniform? 

Jeanne Mayell, Lawrence, Jeanne Mayell and 1 people reacted
(@lenor)

@deetoo

I have read your post about the vision of light in the WH in 2021 and it makes me so hopeful that the monster  and his cronies will be gone. The night of the 2016 election, I got up at 2am and turned on the TV to see who won. ( I was still working then )When they said Trump won,  I just remember being so scared I didn’t sleep the rest of the night. I pray almost every day that people’s  eyes are opened to the criminality of this administration. I also cannot understand why so many people lied for this monster, jeopardizing their reputations, integrity, their lives (so many in prison) and the lives of their families. I believe many more will be going to prison for him. 

Unk p, BlueBelle, Lawrence and 3 people reacted
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@lynnventura

Yes. A dark horse in a military uniform.  

It was one of those unexpected visions which are usually more accurate and it was long before anyone knew him.   I don’t remember if  we were viewing 2025 or 2021 and will have to look back at it.  

Anyway while almost everyone was seeing a woman on the platform at the time (it was 1 or even 2 years ago) I couldn’t see anyone on the platform.  

I instead saw a moderately built man with dark hair in military uniform on a dark horse meandering down the parade route towards the inauguration.  

I checked a few months ago and thought I’d had that vision for 2025 but I need to check again to be sure. Besides timing can be off when we are looking far ahead.  

lenor, JHolmes, BlueBelle and 5 people reacted
 lynn
(@lynn)

I'm pretty sure it was for 2021 Jeanne.  And I think at one point you felt the vision was ominous, but then in later iterations of the prediction you came to think of it differently. 

JHolmes, Lawrence, JHolmes and 1 people reacted
(@jholmes)

@deetoo

Yeah, that's a really nice interview. He talks about his faith and about reaching out to conservatives and healing the divide. Here's a direct Soundcloud link: https://soundcloud.com/user-755551091/blair-garner-mayor-pete

It's funny because the country music station where he did the interview blocked airing it (they're conservative), but it's gotten more media attention because they blocked it than it would have otherwise.

lenor, Jeanne Mayell, lenor and 1 people reacted
Page 4 / 11
Share: