Notifications
Clear all

Robert Mueller

(@polarberry)
Illustrious Member Registered

Every day with Twitler masquerading President is intolerable, but I believe Nancy Pelosi is master of her game with idiot.

The Senate will not convict, especially with the slimy, Russian-owned TraitorTurtle McConnell leading the pack.  Then Twitler will sway the masses with his claims of exoneration.

The process needs to unfold.  She will keep baiting him, getting him to lose his temper and put what an unstable moron he is on full display.

Irrefutable public proof needs to be presented.  Mueller needs to testify.  The tax returns, financial records, business dealings all need to be seen.  Then we impeach.

We all know Republicans are aiding and defending a lying traitor, but once the undeniable evidence is laid out for the public to see, they will be be forced to make a very public choice between the USA or the snake.

deetoo, Lilinoe, Ms. C. and 19 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

I agree with you Polaberry. Trump knows/thinks that if he gets impeached the Senate will exonerate him and then he can use this for his re-election bid and to harrass us for 6 more years and to tell you the truth I dont know how much longer our country can take of this presidency.  This is what Pelosi said to her colleagues:

WASHINGTON — House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., told her Democratic colleagues Thursday that President Donald Trump “wants to be impeached” so that he can be vindicated by the Senate.

She also said:  But she continued to stress a focus on process. "I do think that impeachment is a very divisive place to go in our country," she said. "Get the facts to the American people in our investigation ... it may take us to a place that is unavoidable in terms of impeachment, but we’re not at that place."

I agree with Pelosi. Remember she is not dealing with a sane person. He is not right. He uses and will use everything and anything to get relected and vindicated. She cant start impeachment the Republicans will go thru the farce and then stand up for him and we loose again. 

Look at what he did at the meeting on Wednesday with Pelosi and Schumer. It was all a politcal stunt for him to look tough. I loved what Pelosi said afterwards:

Pelosi said Thursday that the president pulled a "stunt" at the White House on Wednesday and "stormed out" of the room, throwing "another temper tantrum again."

"I pray for the president of the United States," she told reporters. "I wish that his family or his administration or his staff would have an intervention for the good of the country."

I just like everyone else would love to see this Human Imposter impeached but it must be done with care. This is a whole arena now. He has changed the rules of the game. If they try to impeach him and it fails, think of the consequences. 

numerologist, KB, deetoo and 17 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@polarberry)

I watched her speech.  She was amazing.

I completely get the feelings of anger and frustration with Pelosi, and others urging caution with impeachment.  He deserves to be impeached immediately-the lying, obstruction of justice, treason & so on-but I believe Pelosi's strategy is to get the majority of the public behind it-while continuing to give the circus peanut enough rope to hang himself, which he will do & is doing.

I also think Pelosi and Schumer and Schiff know a heck of a lot more than they are saying.  And who knows what Tillerson has told the committee.  I'm sure Tillerson wouldn't mind grinding some axe against Twitler.

Lawrence, deetoo, Ms. C. and 17 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@cdeanne)
Noble Member Registered

"I agree with Pelosi. Remember she is not dealing with a sane person. He is not right. He uses and will use everything and anything to get re-elected and vindicated."

Jessi, your thoughts and rationale exactly mirror mine.  Trump wishes the Democrats would impeach him tomorrow.  He reminds me of the trickster, Br'er rabbit, in the old Uncle Remus fable when Br'er over-dramatically pleaded, "Please, please don't throw me into the briar patch," knowing all the while that would be his salvation, since he was perfectly capable of squirming his way through and out of the briar patch's tangle of thorns.  

There's a process to be gone through that will take time, and throughout that process more and more and more will be subpoenaed and leaked and ruled permissible, and more opportunities to get under his extremely thin skin will progressively occur (as Pelosi did yesterday and today) that will more completely expose him for the con-artist trickster that he is, not the victim.   This longer process will drive him still crazier.  (He's back to defensively pronouncing that he's "an extremely stable genius"!)

(Polarberry:  You posted your thoughts as I was still writing mine.  I agree with you 100%!)

deetoo, Ms. C., Coyote and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mas1581)

Impeaching him now just gives him more firepower and confidence, which means he gets more agressive and more out of control. If you impeach now he will win that battle and thus the war. You cant shoot your last bullet until you have him in point blank range. (if hes impeached and not convicted, Dems have no other options other than a second impeachment and looking like fools)

Wait until you have enough evidence that they have to convict in the senate due to public opinion and a bulletproof case. They can also use the fact that they need a Dem senate to continue to stop him to increase turnout

deetoo, Ms. C., Coyote and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@stardancer)
Honorable Member Registered

Polarberry,

Do you recall when trump was running for election he used that “snake poem” during his rallies? I remember him reading that poem to a cheering crowd thinking don’t you get it? He is the snake! 

So the outcome for the woman who took the snake in, nursed it back to health and then was bitten. The woman who saved the snake and now will surely die. The snake replied..you knew who I was when you took me in. 

Yep, they knew, they all knew who he was when they supported his election and now his presidency.  He is the snake.

Our  country needs several vials of anti-venom infused into the system. I don’t know if our democracy will survive the poison.

He is not acting alone. He couldn’t. I don’t know if it’s lack of morals and ethics, ignorance, denial, selfishness, greed, or all of the above that keep people hooked in. Honestly, I find it astonishing. The deception is not like a glass of spilled milk that can be wiped up. It has permeated cracks and crevices throughout the land. 

I can’t imagine anyone who has read or listened to the report wouldn’t come to the conclusion of opening impeachment hearings. All the house would need to do is take the Mueller Report and say this redacted Report documents sufficient evidence to begin an inquiry. 

To try and figure out how a narcissist is going to use an inquiry into impeachment to fuel his base doesn’t seem logical to me. He is going to use distractions either way. If they don’t, he will say see I didn’t do anything wrong, they finally get it..I’ve been exonerated..no collusion. They are weak. They are a bunch of crybabies. 

The only way to deal with a narcissist is to never ever compromise yourself, live a life where your moral compass points true north, tell the truth, don’t react, respond without emotion and step by step hold the person accountable. 

Those of us who live that life will be ok regardless of what happens here. We will find one another, help one another, build networks. We will be alright.

Jeanne Mayell, deetoo, CDeanne and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@stardancer)

Lyrics to The Snake

https://www.lyricsondemand.com/a/alwilsonlyrics/thesnakelyrics.html  

Jeanne Mayell, deetoo, polarberry and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@polarberry)

I don't, because honestly, the sound of his voice and his sneering face are intolerable to me.  I can't stand him.  That's funny, though!   I called him snake because he's sneaky and evil and I hate snakes. lol

I absolutely agree with you.  He's not acting alone; he's got many enablers-Conway, Sanders, McConnell, and right now, Barr.  I knew Barr was bad news, even though I tried to convince myself he would do the right thing-but now it looks like he a willing and eager participant in Twitler's authoritarian dismantling of our democracy.

Jeanne Mayell, KB, Stardancer and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)
Illustrious Member Moderator

I remember hearing about T and the snake poem.  When I read the lyrics, I got cold and dark chills.  I too can’t tolerate watching or listening to him – even photos disturb me. 

Actually I got a respite from the news yesterday.  Part of a tornado quickly swept through the city and our county, and within 15 minutes, wreaked some havoc.  (Very much like the president.)  Three large trees fell in our neighborhood, destroying some fences and other property, one tree falling on a house -- fortunately no injuries.  People driving down our street, taking photos with their cells (that figures).  Power out for 6 hours.   We were all very fortunate.  Rain and wind stopped after 15 minutes and the sun came out. 

Not having access to the news for 6 hours painfully demonstrated how addicted I’ve become to the latest news updates.   After the power was restored, wouldn’t you think I would have stayed in that quiet space?  Nope.  The television powered up at 9:00pm, just as Rachel Maddow came onto my screen.   I totally forgot about my Silent Minute.  I told myself “That was meant to be.  I really should watch this.”  And I do love Rachel – always so thoughtful and intelligent in her analyses.  But then there I was, absorbing the latest horrific news  -- T’s erratic behavior with Pelosi et al., Barr using the full power of the DOJ to investigate the investigators, more children dying, Nadler visibly perplexed as to why Mueller does not want to testify publicly -- and then my rising anxiety, feeling that we’re headed for a catastrophic fall into authoritarianism.  I grabbed two pieces of chocolate.  I couldn’t get to sleep until after 2am.  The one thing I’m happy about about is that I’ve never become addicted to my cell phone – in fact, I rarely use my phone and often forgot to charge it.

I don’t know what the correct answer is, or how we should proceed with the insane emperor.  We all have made some thoughtful and insightful observations.   I can’t properly intuit this stuff, because fear and/or anger gets in my way. What I do strongly feel is that we’ll come through this, battered but intact and sane, and that by 2030, our country will look very different from what we’ve come to know.

Jeanne Mayell, Coyote, Stardancer and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@yogagirl)
Famed Member Registered

Even thou I don't always agree with Pelosi I believe that she and the other Dem leaders know more than we do about the invetigation.   What I would like to see is an effort by the Dem candidates to emphasis the issues.  If you follow Mayor Pete you will see what I mean.  His interview with the Washington Post was right on target.  He is very good at answering the questions and then directing the conversation back to the correct issues.  He really pissed  off the Faux news panel when he was applauded by the live audience during his town hall.  Warren is doing the same thing.  They need to be sure not to attach each other and give fuel to the Reps.  I don't know who will be the Dem candidate and I can't say I favor one or another right now.   Here in  Kentucky we just had our primarys and the Dem governors race resorted to two of the three candidates attaching the others.  The one who called them out for doing that won.  It's going to be a really hot battle for governor here.  The candidate who one the Dem nomination is from an old Dem family (his father was governor twice)  he is now the AG for Ky.  He and Bevins, the  rep governor better known as Trump light, hate each other and have since day one.  The problem we have is our state government is so dirty and has always been so that there is a creep under every rock!

Jeanne Mayell, numerologist, Stardancer and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lawrence)

My cousin used to work for the government in DC. He said they only reveal about 10% of what's really going on to the public.

Jeanne Mayell, numerologist, KB and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@codyroo)
Noble Member Registered

Which means only 1%?  (Since your cousin worked for the gov't, he too only gives 10%, thus 10% of 10% is 1%).

Friday Fun Math Facts!  Hope everyone has a great 3 day weekend!

ReplyQuote
(@lawrence)

No it doesn't. My cousin was retired and honest. It's why he quit.

Jeanne Mayell, Coyote, Jeanne Mayell and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)

Yogagirl,

I totally agree about the Dem candidates staying focused on the issues.  I also think they need to hammer down on how Con Don lied to the voters about virtually everything he promised them to improve the quality of their lives. 

Mayor Pete was quite impressive on Faux News.  I like Warren too.  Warren was in my county last week.  I didn't get a chance to see her, but a friend did.  The event was supposed to be inside at one of the big colleges here, but they had to move it outside because so many people showed up.  My friend was very impressed with Warren and the powerful authenticity of her message.  She met her as well, and liked Warren's energy.  There are a number of Dem candidates who I like and respect. 

Interesting about Kentucky.  That partly explains how and why McTurtle keeps getting elected.

Jeanne Mayell, Stardancer, Jeanne Mayell and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)

1.   To try and figure out how a narcissist is going to use an inquiry into impeachment to fuel his base doesn’t seem logical to me. He is going to use distractions either way.

2.   The only way to deal with a narcissist is to never ever compromise yourself, live a life where your moral compass points true north, tell the truth, don’t react, respond without emotion and step by step hold the person accountable. 

3.   Those of us who live that life will be ok regardless of what happens here. We will find one another, help one another, build networks. We will be alright.

Stardancer,

(1) Yes, (2) Yes, and (3) Yes!

Jeanne Mayell, LalaBella, CDeanne and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@stardancer)

Hi deetoo,

Although I understand the dems strategy I simply don’t think it will work. With a narcissist it creates more chaos and narcissists LOVE chaos!  The comebacks seem to create a sugar high and although that may make us feel a bit better for a little while it doesn’t last. 

I would like to see the dems respond with facts! Over and over again just the facts..plain and simple. If trump responds he will need to react refuting the facts. Keep moving forward with factual information again and again and again. Justin Amash (R) has done that once again on twitter regarding trumps impeachable conduct. The facts!

People seem to really get hooked into the drama, jump on a bandwagon and off we go. I  wonder though is the outcome really a resolution to the problems we are experiencing in our country? 

I also wonder since writing my last post if the 20 democratic candidates may be the 20   vials of anti venom that are being infused into our country that could be life saving to our democracy. I don’t know. In conversations I have changed the channel so to speak. Regardless of who I am interacting with as soon as they mention trump I talk about one of the democratic candidates. Factual, positive, life giving. 

I find the place we find ourselves today surreal. Yet, I returned from a walk in the Forrest today to find two ducks resting in my garden. ? I’m with them..I’m going to rest. I’m not willing to live my life in fear of the future, today may be the only day I have left.

Jeanne Mayell, LalaBella, Coyote and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

"In conversations I have changed the channel so to speak. Regardless of who I am interacting with as soon as they mention trump I talk about one of the democratic candidates. Factual, positive, life giving."

I like this Stardancer and need to remember to use method. Thanks.

Jeanne Mayell, numerologist, deetoo and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)

Stardancer,

Getting rid of of T may give us some breathing room – which we desperately need to begin healing from the trauma --  but it won’t solve the root cause of our problems.  The energy of the masses created T, to outwardly express what’s been festering in this country:  sins of the past that have never been reconciled, inequality, lack of connection, corporate greed, feeling powerless,  externalization.  

Yes, we do like the drama.  Consider the popularity of reality TV.  One of the reasons why T got elected.  People honestly believed they knew him.  Years ago I worked in advertising.  They see what you want them to see. 

The 20 Dem candidates as 20 vials of anti-venom – I can see that.  I love that.  I almost wish the 20 could get together and work on a joint game plan!  I know that sounds crazy since they’re competing against one another, but there is power in numbers.   And they already have the stage. 

Thanks for sharing about your duck visitors.  What a sweet moment.  You were meant to see them.

Jeanne Mayell, Anita, Coyote and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@stardancer)

Your welcome, Lovendures. It keeps me from ripping out my hair! I walk away feeling better, I’m tired of feeling like crap. There is not one candidate I don’t enjoy hearing from..so inspiring.  Plus, I really like to smile.

Jeanne Mayell, deetoo, Jeanne Mayell and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@stardancer)

Posted by: deetoo

I almost wish the 20 could get together and work on a joint game plan!  

I hear you!  It makes perfect sense for them to have some disagreements as long as they don’t attack each other. Hopefully each of them takes the high road. We will see. In a month we will see them debate. It will be revealing. I hope they all do well! To look at several candidates and be able to say, wow any one of them would be a great president!

Jeanne Mayell, deetoo, Jeanne Mayell and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 27 / 32
Share: