March for Our Lives

Notifications
Clear all

March for Our Lives

(@luminata)
Noble Member Registered
Topic starter  

Hot off my intuitive press - the March for Our Lives protest in DC could be a very violent event.  

I read through the March predictions you all made today as it's the first of March, and see exactly what some of them are about.  I don't like it, but see it so very clearly.  I have a very personal vestment here in that my son is going on a school sponsored spring break trip to DC which was scheduled last fall and not related to the March for our Lives, but he will be in DC on March 24th.  So,  I'd like to get some more objective readings on this event if you'd care to weigh in.  

Susan saw the military or police on the streets in the US, Natalie saw the GOP looking for protesters and people are silent, Bar and Joy both felt stress and jitters/anxiety in the collective, and Jan saw a tin mug with an army waiting. 

I had an odd dream, I think it was a couple of days before the Florida shooting, where I saw my son laying half on, half off his bed in a non responsive state.  His eyes were open, but no one was home. I didn't feel an emotional response in the dream, but the quality was very real- something I have learned for me indicates a premonition.  So I start paying attention.  When I heard about the shooting, I thought maybe this dream was a heads up about that. 

Combine the above with the current explosion in the White House, Kushner, Hicks, McNaster (who will be gone in two weeks at the outside I believe) and Donald's ugly temperament and need for control, and we have a disaster on our hands.  This will put Kent State to shame.  Martial law will be imposed for a time.  I don't think it will hold - a month?  Less?  I'm terrible with time when it comes to premonitions, because it's so fluid.

I truly hope I'm just in Momma Bear over protective mode on this one.  I don't like to be alarmist or "sensational" about premonitions, and will error on the side of not putting negative premonitions out there.  This feels very clear and of course personal to me however, and any objective spot checks on the situation would be greatly appreciated.

Jeanne Mayell, Bee, Jeanne Mayell and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@zoron)
Illustrious Member Registered

Hi Luminata:

Did an I-Ching check on this. It says:

The present is embodied in Hexagram 45 - Ts'ui (Gathering Together): The king will repair to his ancestral temple. It will be advantageous to meet with the great man. Then there will be progress and success, though the advantage must come through firm correctness. The use of great victims will be conducive to good fortune, and in whatever direction movement is made, it will be advantageous.

No worries: Got the hexagram "Gathering together". Could not be more auspicious! 

ReplyQuote
(@luminata)
Noble Member Registered
Topic starter  

Zoron, Thank you!  The I-Ching reading you got is more in keeping with how I felt about the March for our lives when the kids, those lovely, brazen, beautiful kids, first put it together.  I didn't see any potential for ugliness in it until yesterday, so I posted. I want that March to be the auspicious moment for positive change it is meant to be.  Hopefully I can reign in the protective mama intuition I've got going on this.  Very much appreciate your response. 

Jeanne Mayell, Laynara, LalaBella and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@diana11)
Reputable Member Registered

I think you're in mama bear mode too and that's totally understandable. I think it will be a beautiful, unifying event all over the country, not just in DC. These kids are special and inspiring and the spark to the change we've been waiting for. Hello peaceful, loving new world!

Jeanne Mayell, Laynara, Jeanne Mayell and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@curiousgem)
Eminent Member Registered

Hi there all, first post/comment here ? 

Just wanted to say, when I read the "tin mug" part I thought about St.Patrick's Day and people drinking out of mugs and whatnot and also being on the streets, but that's a week before the DC march. Anyhow just one observation but not sure if it ends up corresponding.

Also want to quickly say a thank you to Jeanne and everyone here in this beautiful community of minds and hearts sharing their visions, knowledge, wisdom, prayers, etc I could go on, but yeah I love reading it all ?  

Jeanne Mayell, BlueBelle, Laynara and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@luminata)
Noble Member Registered
Topic starter  

Thanks much for your posts!

Diana11, I believe this is a start to our new loving world as well.  Attitudes about gun ownership have certainly changed, businesses are taking their own stand.  I'm going to my local March because I am with this movement 100%.

Welcome Curious Gem!  Your insight into the tin cup is a good one and may be more correct than mine.  That's what makes this intuitive looking so intriguing and also powerful.  The beauty of Jeanne's coalition here is that we all (and I do mean all- even those who don't think they do)have an intuitive take on things, and when we put them together - well, it's kind of magical.

Kitty cat, I hadn't seen any opposition to the March in real life to this point, but I'm not really surprised to hear it exists.  This is a huge movement, and since it is about weapons and long held beliefs that we as Americans are entitled to them, it has the potential to go off the rails.  I think it will be more unifying as Diana11 says and Zoron saw with the I-Ching reading.  I'm praying that's the case.

Thanks again all! 

Jeanne Mayell, Laynara, Jeanne Mayell and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@kateinpdx)
Noble Member Registered

Luminata, I, too, sincerely hope for the best for your son, and all the other wonderful young people who will be marching (as well as the more 'mature' folks such as myself).

I attended the premonition class in January. When we got to the month of March I saw very clearly the color of a light spring green, and the feeling of happiness. I saw crowds marching, and while the mood was serious, it was also very happy.  I believe the seriousness was a sense of earnestness about the intent of the march.  This felt good and optimistic. I did not feel any sense of foreboding with this premonition. 

The class was before the Florida shooting, and before the march was announced, but the moment I heard that a march was scheduled for March 24th I instantly knew that's what my prediction was about. 

I truly pray for your son, and all the brave youth who give me so much hope. I will keep him firmly in my prayers, and also that all of these positive visions are correct. 

I look forward to all of us jumping on this forum on March 25th and saying what a wonderful step forward toward optimism and sanity the march was!

ReplyQuote
(@gracie)
Eminent Member Registered

Hi Luminata - If it was me, I'd keep him home.  The times we live in are too erratic - all it takes is one person with a bomb or a gun.   It's too bad the school couldn't cancel the trip and reschedule it in May to a different place.  Or, take him on a trip to Europe in lieu of D.C.  Just my 2 cents.  Hope it all works out.  Gracie

ReplyQuote
(@kim-k)
Reputable Member Registered

gracie I understand your fears. But this is time we live in, that we no longer let fear stand in our way. With these lovely and beautiful youth, they will change the the world for the better. They will change the old system of cruelty, greed, and fear base, to this wonderful love base, where everyone loves and works together as one. It will take time, but this time it will be more permanent. It will be much larger and world wide then the sixty's. They are going to make it happen this time.

LalaBella, BlueBelle, LalaBella and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@luminata)
Noble Member Registered
Topic starter  

Kateinpdx, I'm glad to hear you were in the prediction class and that you felt so positive about the March.  I'm going with the overwhelming feeling that this March will be a hugely positive event.  Thank you for keeping my son and every one else participating in your prayers.

Gracie, I thank you for your concern!  Having others input on this has been terrifically helpful.  I believe now that my vision was most likely born of my own fear, and when visions spring from fear, they are typically less accurate.  While I certainly still have concerns, I think the March will be Ok.  I'm going to turn my son over to the protection of the angels and let him go on his much anticipated trip.  

Kimk, 

I also believe these kids will lead us to the love filled world we are all striving for.  I agree it will take time, but this feels like a wave of progress for a better future that cannot be stopped.

Jeanne Mayell, Kim K., BlueBelle and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Marches are empowering for all who attend.  There is nothing like the feeling of solidarity when you come together with hundreds of thousands of people who feel as you do. There will be kids from all over the country -- eastern city kids, mountain kids, California kids, southern kids and their parents, of course).    It's a celebration of your beliefs and an experience of connection to a powerful collective.  It boosts your optimism, reaffirms your faith in the future, it's healthy and happy and strong.  I did the 2014 NYC Climate March  and I'd count it as one of the best days of my life.  There will be a lot of police protection.  I don't know if there will be violence, but I have a generally good feeling about the march.  Sending prayers that it will be peaceful, surrounding those kids with protection. 

Lola, Kim K., Lola and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@yogurtmaster)
Active Member Registered

The big problem is why are things like this happening?  We have had firearms before since the beginning of the country and yet we have had nothing like this in the past.  Sure, there were things like mobster shootings, but nothing like mass shooting after mass shooting.

Also, to the myth that we know more today isn't going to cut it.  We didn't get news on our mobile phones as we didn't have them, but we would get news of president Regan getting shot while at school on the intercom and I knew about the space shuttle blowing up from the news.  We just get the news faster today and that's it.

I went to school in the 1980's.  We didn't have lots of events like this.  There were problems on the planet, but not like today, never like today.

ReplyQuote
(@zoron)

Alas Jeanne,

It is, as it now is. Its a huge slow motion tragedy these days. Never did i think that I would see and experience what we are now enduring.

Lola, Jeanne Mayell, Lola and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Scanning the mass shootings literature, you learn that because the NRA got the feds to ban Federal funding of gun research, the research is poor and confusing.  The best information I could find is this study by Vox.

If someone can produce a study that helps us to understand this issue, please do.

When you are having this conversation, you have to distinguish between shootings that involve a gunman attacking a public place with people in it he doesn't know (i.e., Mass public shootings) versus violence against family members or gang versus gang violence.  

1. If you are talking about public mass shootings,  like Newtown, Orlando, Las Vegas, and Parkland, according to this Politico article, mass shootings in the U.S. have not gone up since the late 1970's but the number of victims has risen. (I couldn't find data going back to the 1920's.)  

2. So why are more people getting killed in the U.S. per shooting now?

Answer: There are more consumer-grade easy-to-use semi-automatic weapons in use now. And they kill a lot of people at once, even if the shooter has no skill.  

Also while the number of gun owners has not increased, the number of guns per owner has. The machine guns of gangster prohibition days are banned, but semi automatic weapons, like the very popular AR-15 are just as lethal. 

3. Now about all gun deaths, not just mass shootings, which only comprise a tiny portion of gun deaths:

Does having more guns in the country cause more gun-deaths?

Answer: yes. It is the only statistically-backed explanation we have about why the U.S. has such a terrific gun-death problem.  If someone has something to add, please do.

1. Compared to other countries - the more gun ownership in a country, the more gun deaths.
  2. The correlation is almost perfect:  for every 1% rise in gun ownership there's a .9% rise in gun-related deaths.  More guns in a country = more gun-deaths in that country which also means many more people killed violently in that country.  The US. has 4% of the world's population, but we own 45% of the world's guns.  We stick out like a sore thumb compared to other countries.  We also have six times the number of gun-related deaths. 

3. The U.S. does not have more violent crime than comparable countries.   The amount of violent crime here compared to other similar  industrialized countries is the same. Sweden has more violent crime per capita than the U.S.!  Also France, the Netherlands, the UK, Canada, Australia are the same or a little higher than the U.S.  We just have more guns, which means more violent deaths, because guns make it much easier to kill. 

4. The U.S. has six times as many gun deaths as comparable countries; and we have six times as many guns as these countries.

Also  since1950, gun ownership in this country has soared, as have gun-related deaths. 

Lola, BlueBelle, Lola and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@zoron)

Jeanne, that was an awesome post. 

But the issue is now not going to go away. When Bernie runs, in 2020, I hope he has a positive message on this, against the disease of mass violence that is overwhelming the USA. Those Repug crazies in the senate and House, need to be put in the hot seat, regarding this one. 

Lola, Jeanne Mayell, Lola and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@luminata)
Noble Member Registered
Topic starter  

All,

I'm sending everyone here a huge blast of love and gratitude!  I don't have time for as detailed a post as I'd like right now, but am reading and following this and the rest of the forum. 

YogurtMaster, indeed, why.  Why have these shootings become normal?  Many reasons, but as Jeanne pointed out in a very detailed way "it's the guns, stupid"(a phrase common in the March community - not a comment directed at anyone here )  ? 

Jeanne, thanks for your comments on organized marches.  I've never participated in one and am looking forward to attending the March in Denver.  I loved your post on why we continue to have mass shootings.  I'll respond to the spin off post- hopefully later this week.  

Zoron, I was rather hoping Senator Chris Murphy would run for President in 2020.  He is a tireless advocate for gun control since Sandy Hook.  

Many thanks and love to all!

Dianne, Jeanne Mayell, Dianne and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Yes the data show that it does seem to be the  guns  that account for so many deaths, rather than some inherent violence in the U.S. over other countries.  

The US is not more violent than other countries. It’s just more protective of the gun industry.

LalaBella, Lola, Dianne and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@codyroo)
Noble Member Registered

I'm hoping this thread isn't related to two predictions for April 2018 (but likely is related.....).  I'm going to guess that Frannie's prediction about the big march is the March for Our Lives march.  Heather's may predict something that happens as a result of that march.

Cleansing, people holding hands, linking arms, big march. (Frannie)

Something very shocking happens, people are very upset. Turbulent time. Civil rights being taken away from people who protest. We will not allow this! (Heather)

What I "fear" will happen is that some neo Nazis will get together and merge in with the students.  They'd then instigate hooliganism (violence, looting, vandalism, etc) thus changing the narrative of the protest.

I hate coming from a place of fear.  I can't tell if this is coming from my head or from my heart.

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

My own reaction to the predictions that others make is to stay open and loose. Usually they come true with particular limited events that make the news and awaken us further to issues we need to be aware of, rather than sweeping all encompassing change.  

Last year there were two peaceful college protests (Berkeley and Middlebury) that turned rough where some outsiders came in and created mayhem. Then there was Charlottesville. In all three cases the authorities became more restrictive about protests out of concerns for safety. In no case did it lead to an overall censorship or martial law in this country. 

We are a strong and feisty people.  I have no doubt that there  will be more attempts to shut down free speech and that the GOP and their oligarchs will seek greater restrictions of freedom but they will not be able to repress an irrepressible people. 

Grace and Grace reacted
ReplyQuote
(@fran)
Noble Member Registered

This is Frannie (I’m now fran btw). Yes the March I saw was huge. I saw it in dc. People were defiant. Lots of color. I thought maybe it was another women’s march at the time. Now I do think it is March for our lives.

BlueBelle, Codyroo, BlueBelle and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: