Notifications
Clear all

RANDOM PREDICTIONS 3 (Put Actual Predictions in blue font)

(@tesseract)
Famed Member Registered

@lowtide I did say I was embarrassingly ignorant about politics, 😟 and, I gather, about federal government in terms of a President's staff. I knew those names—well, Kissinger, FAR more than Haig—but what role Haig had in terms of Kissinger was not in my knowledge bank. Thank you. I am far more knowledgeable —or at least these days I actively choose to know more than just the Pres or Gov I vote for these days.

PamP reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lowtide)
Illustrious Member Registered

@tesseract 

I'm dumb as a stump when it comes to that stuff. I read about Haig on Wikipedia and some other websites. I do, however, remember his "I am in control" faux pas. I saw that on TV in real time.

Jeanne Mayell, PamP, Baba and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@marigold)
Noble Member Registered

@tesseract I have not seen the movie but have a mental picture of the ladies from the book descriptions. I did not know L’Engle’s work had been banned- an excellent way to get people to read it. Libraries are the very best and so are librarians!

Maggieci, PamP, Jujubeans7050 and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@elaineg)
Famed Member Registered

@marigold I follow Biden on twitter, and when they post about the economy, I post what about food prices? It seems to me if they brought food prices down, the economy would look better. It's  fine to say gas prices down, housing looking up, but it's tough to go to the store with the high prices.

Jeanne Mayell, JourneyWithMe2, PamP and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

Posted by: @lowtide

@jeanne-mayell  This image is so disturbing to me. It reminds me of Mathew Shepard, some years ago. Painful to contemplate.

You are right.  I have deleted it.  I hadn't followed the Matthew Shepard tragedy. Sorry to have reposted Seeker's vision, but people were askling about it since two others have now seen visions of Trump with zip ties in their visions. Anyway, that vision is clearly a metaphor for Trump losing agency, as are the other two visions. It's not to be taken literally 

PamP, lowtide, raincloud and 6 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lowtide)

@jeanne-mayell  This image is so disturbing to me. It reminds me of Mathew Shepard, some years ago. Painful to contemplate.

Jeanne Mayell, PamP, raincloud and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tgraf66)

@elaineg There's little POTUS can do in that regard, unfortunately. The majority (something like 70%) of the price increases over the last three years are directly attributable to corporate greed. During the pandemic, a lot of prices rose organically due to the shortages cause by supply chain issues. However, corporations, realizing that no one was going to look too closely, continued to raise prices using the supply chain excuse even after most of those issues were resolved for them, and have kept raising prices for the last three years still citing those supply chain problems. There were hearings about it in the House (there's at least one video of Katie Porter questioning a witness with her white board), but of course nothing was done.

Jeanne Mayell, Kateinpdx, Saga and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@marigold)
Noble Member Registered

@elaineg Totally. I read that grocery prices increased 13% for the year ending August 2022.  WAY over usual annual increases I read of around 2%.  Projections for 2024 are lower @ 1.9% but here again that can vary. It seems that our agriculture/food distribution systems were not built with healthy people, healthy planet, and healthy affordable food for all in mind.  I am looking with hope to see new models emerging.

https://www.usda.gov/media/press-releases/2023/12/22/usda-highlights-2023-successes-serving-farmers-families-and

https://www.bls.gov/opub/ted/2022/prices-for-food-at-home-up-13-5-percent-for-year-ended-august-2022.htm

https://www.gao.gov/blog/sticker-shock-grocery-store-inflation-wasnt-only-reason-food-prices-increased

https://www.bhg.com/more-expensive-less-expensive-groceries-2024-8415274

Jeanne Mayell, JourneyWithMe2, PamP and 4 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unk-p)

@elaineg it's called Price Gouging.  Most corporations are run by Republicans,  because they really don't want to have to pay their fair share of taxes. And also who would prefer not to have to deal with those pesky environmental or health regulations.  There is no crisis so dire that they would not weaponize it against the people.  Until we have the majority needed to prosecute these bastards, the best thing to do would be to quit buying their products.

Jeanne Mayell, Kateinpdx, raincloud and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 PamP
(@pamp)
Famed Member Registered

@baba Putin behind the desk is interesting. I'll have to find it, but I had a dream about Putin behind his desk as if he were working, but he was dead and in a mausoleum behind glass, right across from Lenin.

lenor, JourneyWithMe2, Lauren and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dannyboy)

@unk-p It couldn’t possibly be price gouging.  I’ve been assured by Republican acquaintances repeatedly that the free market always benefits the common man when allowed to grow unchecked by pesky things like regulations, laws, and wage requirements.  They couldn’t possibly be lying about that for any good reason.  I mean just look at the last 40 ye… holy hell they ARE lying 😂

PamP, lenor, Maggieci and 6 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@lowtide When I thought of @baba's mention of Alex Haig being in the news, I too thought of the moment when he announced he was in control of the White House but I also thought of Nixon and realized that Haig was the one who convinced Nixon to resign and who stepped in as a strong force during those final Nixon days when the country was wobbling under the leadership of a weak and wounded leader who also had authoritarian tendencies. 

While we don't know why Haig will be in the news, as  @baba had seen, he advised Nixon to resign which Nixon did, and that was a good thing. He also created an image to the world that the U.S. was safe from outside rogue influence when the President Reagan was in surgery and the Vice President could not give orders from an airplane.  

We certainly need a Haig now to deal with Trump.  We need a Republican who can talk sense into the former president, to step in and convince  him to resign from running for office and possibly make a deal with prosecutors that he will resign completely.  We need someone who can stop Trump. 

PamP, lenor, earthangel and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lowtide)

@jeanne-mayell  I wonder if Baba's repeated visions of Haig might be related to the recent breakdown of protocol and "control" related to Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin's hospitalization. Who was in control? What an unforced error that was.

PamP, lenor, Jeanne Mayell and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Baba
(@baba)
Illustrious Member Moderator

I still don’t know what the Haig visions are pointing to. I remember as a teenager seeing Haig on tv after Reagan was shot saying he was in control and actually had the same strong reaction (knowing that this was an important moment in history) as when TFG made the “Russia, if you’re listening” quote during the run up to the 2016 election. Funnily enough, they both happened in the same room at my parent’s home. If I get anything new, I’ll update everyone.

PamP, lenor, Maggieci and 4 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@rennie)
Estimable Member Participant

@elaineg  I fully support and respect Biden and I think he's the best president in my lifetime. There's so much light around him, and I loved seeing the jubilant response when he visited Ireland.

But when I read about how great the economy is doing now, instead of cheering I pull back quite a bit. Probably it's true on the macro level, but when it comes to domestic matters and stability so many are struggling and even in danger of not realizing their life purpose due to complications of homelessness, food scarcity, and medical debt. Evictions can happen suddenly and without justification, leaving one at the mercy of severe housing shortages and impossibly high rents. I know, I'm a disabled senior who was evicted last year and stayed in risky temporary housing for months. The shame and feeling like an outcast are hard to shake. I did receive some help from sources that were somewhat hidden that I'm very grateful for and submitted many applications for senior housing that are still on hold due to extensive waitlists. I finally found a place for the winter where I'm paying 90 percent of my income just for rent and utilities and focused now on relocating to another state that doesn't have such high rents and housing scarcity. I feel blessed to be solvent and warm for now. But there are so few solutions or programs to help people in similar situations. Invisible People is an important resource with reporting on new housing programs but also heartbreaking stories about the obstacles to stability. 

One saving grace is assistance from food banks. I was surprised to find out that some now make regular deliveries to homebound seniors or people with disabilities or health issues, and I encourage people not to be ashamed to contact local resources if you or someone you know has health limitations or other difficulties in affording food. Sometimes they offer sandwiches and salads donated by grocery stores along with a variety of canned goods, pasta, and rice.

We need to do more for vulnerable people who are suffering from instability. I hope that more attention shines on solutions that could improve people's lives and prosperity!

PamP, lenor, Jujubeans7050 and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@raincloud)
Famed Member Registered

@rennie 

Given your circumstances, Rennie, I can see how you would not be able to cheer at economic good news; you have had little to cheer about. It is a national shame that you and countless others struggle with the basics of food and shelter. You have faced mountains of stress yet your post isn't bitter but full of concern for others in similar circumstances.

The cost of living and social safety nets, to the extent that there are any, do vary widely from state to state. I wish you the very best.

lenor, Jeanne Mayell, Vesta and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lenor)

@baba The only article I can find on Alexander Haig is this one on the destruction of Gaza.

https://www.aljazeera.com/opinions/2023/11/13/bombing-gaza-wont-bring-israel-victory

It compares the bombing and destruction of Gaza to the “carpet sweeping” bombing of Cambodia during the Vietnam War.

PamP, Jeanne Mayell, Lauren and 4 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@rennie)

@raincloud I'm grateful for your kind comment! Sometimes I don't realize how much I've been transformed by my experiences. Feeling more hopeful and thinking creatively about solutions. I want so much to feel deserving of a happy, stable, peaceful home to accomplish my goals in life. 

Im sending you thoughts of healing, divine solutions, victory, and miracles in your challenging phase!

PamP, lenor, Jeanne Mayell and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@raincloud)
Famed Member Registered

@rennie

Thank you for your well wishes, Rennie. All on this forum already know without a doubt, that you do deserve a happy, stable, peaceful home, but I agree that it is important to believe it yourself. As I understand it, in the quantum world, thoughts become reality.

You reveal positive characteristics in your previous post that I will reflect back to you in hopes that you will make a list and place it in your line of sight to affirm and bolster you. You are kind and generous, worrying about others. You are intelligent and write well (obvious) and you are resilient and resourceful. I am sure there are many, many more fine qualities that you and those that know you could add, as these are ones merely gleaned from your recent posts.

I will picture and predict that you will be nestled in warmth and security, surrounded by abundance. Like a Marvel character, I will send you lightening bolts energy, inspiration and love.

2ndfdl, Lauren, PamP and 6 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@rennie)

I'm so grateful for the blessings you're sending my way and the care you took to write such encouraging thoughts. I look forward to healing up and new pathways! 

Lauren, PamP and Baba reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 55 / 57
Share: