Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Rooftop Revolving Lounge Area

(@journeywithme2)
Illustrious Member Registered

Another birdseed "thief". Tho really, all who come hungry here, have a seat at the table.

Cindy, Baba, Jeanne Mayell and 13 people reacted
(@cindy)
Illustrious Member Registered Participant

I think I need to pull up a chair here for the night. Just sent off an email to Jeanne joking about lightworkers codependency, only to find afterwards a new thread that was opened, edited & closed all before I got home from work, in which Jeanne says she wants to open a new thread on our codependency. ? 

That was how my whole day has been. I misunderstood something a homeowner was telling me about her cabinets, so I noted the wrong color on some in the living room. A conversation later in the day revealed my "error", and sent the homeowner running to the interior decorator. I got the funniest looks from everyone at the remodeling job (plumber, husband, electrician, etc) when the decorator noted she did intend to change to color to what I'd stated, but hadn't told anyone yet. Oh, the looks were priceless. Just one of the many syncronicities (or cart before the horse events) of the day.

Think I'll stay up here (or in the pool-my version of a rooftop lounge) to stay out of trouble for the rest of the evening. Or should I hang out near the neighbor's bird feeder with the rest of the squirrels??

Baba, Jeanne Mayell, Lovendures and 9 people reacted
(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@cindy

You are so funny!

Loved reading your post.

Cindy, Jeanne Mayell, Cindy and 1 people reacted
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@Cindy, I also loved your summation of that new thread, opened, edited, and closed, bam.  I have been missing @unk-p, only to discover his computer is on the blink so he can't post. Also please send prayers for his mom who suddenly became ill and for him because he's worried about her.  Send oodles and oodles of good energy to him and his mother. We love him. 

Lovendures, Cindy, Baba and 3 people reacted
(@dannyboy)

I'm late to the party but I brought deviled eggs.  Jeanne, we love you!

Baba, Isabelle, FEBbby23 and 25 people reacted
(@ghandigirl)

1. I LOVE DEVILED EGGS (no paprika)

2. Welcome Pegesus

3. your name inspired me

Coyote, BlueBelle, Baba and 17 people reacted
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@dannyboy I love eggs. Love the symbolism of them. Love them as a perfect food for me. (I just wish they were plant-based, but I need eggs. So I buy from humanely-raised hens.) 

BlueBelle, Cindy, lynn and 7 people reacted
(@cindy)

I also enjoy & eat eggs often. Love deviled eggs enough that half of the time, instead of making egg salad normally, I'll make it as deviled egg salad. 

Lovendures, lynn, Jeanne Mayell and 3 people reacted
 lynn
(@lynn)

I love, love deviled eggs and egg salad. I just love eggs generally. I grew up eating fried eggs with white rice (arroz con huevos fritos). It's a Caribbean fast dinner. My mom would make it when she was short on time. A variation was eggs with tomatoes (huevos con tomatoes) which I've recently learned in called "shakshuka" in the middle east and North Africa and widely eaten there. I often make a Spanish dish which is an omelet with potatoes called "tortilla de papa." It's made with cubed or sliced potatoes, usually fried but I microwave them. You add some onions, cook on one side then flip. Sometimes I add capers. My mom used to add bacon.

And of course there's the egg and cheese sandwich for breakfast. A NYC deli staple...:)

Maggieci, Coyote, Lovendures and 7 people reacted
(@lovendures)

Eggs.  I like them over medium with sautéed spinach, avocado and a thin piece of whole wheat toast. 

:D

Maggieci, lynn, Jeanne Mayell and 3 people reacted
(@dannyboy)

Based on the egg response I’m now going to have to make a triple batch - half with paprika (Sorry Jeanne I love it!) and half without :-). 

Maggieci, deetoo, lynn and 5 people reacted
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Posted by: @journeywithme2

Another birdseed "thief". Tho really, all who come hungry here, have a seat at the table.

Hey, there's hungry and then there is the fact that the squirrels in my yard have become gi-normous. The question is: can a wild animal, if human fed, become obese?   

Maggieci, deetoo, Maggieci and 1 people reacted
(@journeywithme2)

@jeanne-mayell. the answer is .. yes. Especially raccoons. The bigger issue with squirrels rather than obesity, is the number of them that gather and then begin to cause damage to your home by getting in them and nesting and destroying attics and wiring etc.  Some look quite large when pregnant and I am sure the reliable access to food causes larger birth numbers. Well fed mamas have more babies.

To be honest? When I had more dogs, large ones (Doberman,Shetland Sheepdog,Labrador,Border Collie/Aussie mix) squirrels weren't that big an issue here. My pups would keep them scared out of the yard for more than brief forays in to the bird feeding sections. The raccoons only came at night when the dogs were in the house as well. Now I only have the one little old girl, who just turned 16 years old on the 22nd. She still goes out to bark her dominion of place to challengers in the yard when taken on her daily needs walks. LOL - all while properly supervised of course as befits her geriatric status.

Mother Nature does try to establish balance here. I have hawks and owls that look at the yard as a fast food restaurant LOL The feral cats come for the chipmunks and field mice. I do Trap,neuter,release on them. I also give them cat food to keep them from eating birdseed out of hunger, when their preferred prey is unavailable.

In feeding this diverse population of wild critters that come.. I try my best to provide healthy for them foods with very little human food. They do access the compost pile for veggie and fruit kitchen scraps tho. I do toss out leftover biscuits and cornbread (that I make..not store bought with chemical additives) in the day time.

This Mama Raccoon pictured here, has babies she is trying to feed.. and she digs up her preferred food of grubs from the yard. I have little holes everywhere..but.. very few Japanese beetles or June bugs etc. She enjoys the little extras she needs right now to feed her kits and comes to the safety of the secluded back yard in the early evening hours as well as at night to dine. 

It's a fine line to walk when having feeders out there. As well as farm animals with grain feeds stored in barns and fruit and nut trees in the garden. I like to think that a balance can be struck and the line shifts at different times at different seasons and needs. To remain flexible and adjustable and live and let live as much as possible. This is their world too. I operate under the accommodate all that I can without causing harm and poor health by feeding the wrong foods and if one becomes an issue..close the diner or limit their access to the counter service.

So, in closing.. yes.. and no is the answer to your question :-) Eating ones healthiest diet - obesity is not such an issue. Eating too much of the wrong foods..yes.. it can be an issue.

Hope this helped dear Jeanne. ? ❤️ 

Maggieci, deetoo, Jeanne Mayell and 3 people reacted
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@journeywithme2. Big help! My first thought when I spotted a squirrel with the big belly was that she was simply pregnant. 

deetoo, JourneyWithMe2, deetoo and 1 people reacted
(@journeywithme2)

@jeanne-mayell  That question will be answered when she continues to come and eat with you and you can see where the babies have been nursing (if you can see her belly) and she gets slimmer and scruffy looking.. then.. when they are bigger? She will bring them too! and.. they have little fear of you and are quite oblivious to dangers sometimes. Enjoy the sharing of your world with them :-)

deetoo, Jeanne Mayell, deetoo and 1 people reacted
(@cindy)

Ok, all the egg talk has been moved here to the rooftop from the Jeanne appreciation thread. So who's bringing the ham to turn this into a Jeanne eggs & ham story?

Maggieci, Jeanne Mayell, Lovendures and 9 people reacted
(@deetoo)

@lovendures, your egg dish sounds wonderful.  After eating eggs for years, I've had to finally accept the fact that I am allergic to them.  Say it ain't so!

Maggieci, lynn, Lovendures and 3 people reacted
(@lovendures)

@cindy

I love your idea!

A Jeanne Egg's and Ham story would need to include free range hens who have plenty of roaming room.  Jeanne  would likely to ask permission before taking an egg from a hen too.  

Do you like yams or sweet potatoes Jeanne?  How about Jeanne Eggs  and Yams for a sequel?  That way you could grow the sweet potatoes and herbs for the dish you want to cook.  Or Jeanne Eggs and Jam which you can grow fruit for to spread on your toast.?

Maggieci, deetoo, lynn and 3 people reacted
(@deetoo)

When I was still eating eggs, I loved to put an egg-over-easy on top of my steel-cut, gluten free oatmeal.  To make it more savory, you could also add a little grated cheese and a little melted butter.  Or sometimes I would add a few blueberries.  Don't knock it until you've tried it!

Maggieci and Maggieci reacted
(@ana)

Weighing in on the egg thing:

Of all ways to cook eggs, I prefer "half boiled".  This is halfway between soft- and hard-boiled.  I don't like overcooked eggs nor do I like runny yolks.  Scrambled eggs are OK, so long as they are neither over- nor undercooked.

To me, fried eggs are the worst because usually the yolk is runny while the white (especially the thin edge) ends up overcooked with a texture of plastic.  yuck.   (My Humble Opinion, of course!!)

deetoo and deetoo reacted
Page 16 / 18
Share: